lie ammunition rework premium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Aleo #1 Posted 02 August 2020 - 01:30 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34974 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

So when can we expect the next round of premium ammo rework to take place? WG did such a poor job the last time, but can we expect it within the next decade or ?!

I mean; this was one of the promises that they made back in december 2018, and we did a test on it last year. So what happened there? Did WG turn sour on the idea since we didn't love their suggestion? Is it a matter or tactical delay since we'll be too bussy fuzzing about the upcoming equipment change that we will never remember that they actually made a promise? 

Nick_Stone #2 Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12393 battles
  • [_GUN_] _GUN_

Premium shells are, for me, the thing that really negates the grind and knowledge of your tank. Especially in T8-T10 games.

Premium shells completely negate any knowledge you've acquired of how to use the armour of your tank. 

Why are players that know how the tank they are playing and have learnt all the strengths and weakspots, still be punished by people who just run premium shells and point, click, win?

I'd personally like to see premium shells removed, or have the extra pen but 50% reduction in damage? 

Something needs to be done as it is ruining the game.

JohnnyHeat #3 Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9705 battles

View PostNick_Stone, on 05 August 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

Premium shells are, for me, the thing that really negates the grind and knowledge of your tank. Especially in T8-T10 games.

Premium shells completely negate any knowledge you've acquired of how to use the armour of your tank. 

Why are players that know how the tank they are playing and have learnt all the strengths and weakspots, still be punished by people who just run premium shells and point, click, win?

I'd personally like to see premium shells removed, or have the extra pen but 50% reduction in damage? 

Absolutely correct. And guess what wargaming is doing? They release polish medium tanks and compensate all negative attributes of the tier 8 CS-53 (sluggish, awful gun handling, no armor at all, turret can be shot through by scouts) by giving the tank 290 penetration HEAT shells... Wow.. That actually encourages players to play the new and versatile tank!! .. by loading only gold and hoping that the shots will hit the target :facepalm:

Swiss_Mercenary #4 Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:37 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 16229 battles
  • [STLKN] STLKN

I was playing Tier II and even there players were using premium ammo. Premium should not be allowed tiers I-VI, it completely ruins any placing. Sure I could buy the stuff but I want skill over money.

strezahuzum #5 Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52362 battles

View PostNick_Stone, on 05 August 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

All that is true but sorry, it's never going to happen. Premium ammo is the cash cow of WOT - in an indirect fashion. Since nobody can afford to play for free and spam HEAT like crazy in high tier games, you need to either have multiple premium tanks or a premium account, preferably both. Then you can get all the credits you need to fire full premium as most statpadders do.

Therefore, even if it's a disgusting pay-to-win disguised as "choice", it's very unlikely to see any major changes since it might affect Wargaming's profit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users