Improved configuration , new hidden gem?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Hello,

SO recently I was watching Dez Gamerz, (love him) and I realised this, the new improved Configuration surely is better than vents if you run food instead of fire extinguish. Now I say this because Improved hardening blocks 1 ammo rack and engine fire in a game on top of a 65% LESS chance of fire, so with that there is little use of a fire extinguish and you can run food to get the 10% increase in crew skills and perks knowing you won't have any engine fires, as lets be real, how often do you get double fired in a game?

But on top of those bonus it also gives you +150% to ammo rack, fuel and engine durability and +45% to repair speed, so your tank will be very durable, then If you run food you effectively get a bigger bonus then vents would give you AND all the extra benefits? 

What do you guys think? will this equipment piece be meta? I can see it being very very good if coupled with food as you get a huge benefit especially on the heavies, mores than you would by using vents + fire extinguish.

Edited by saxsan4, 02 August 2020 - 12:53 PM.

GodTank2 #2 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11540 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
no

Homer_J #3 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:36 PM

Field Marshal

• 33987 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You are talking about modified configuration.

Improved hardening gives extra hitpoints and suspension durability/capacity.  I'm going to put it on my Maus for memes.  along with a turbocharger.

Edited by Homer_J, 02 August 2020 - 12:38 PM.

saxsan4 #4 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 11:36 AM, said:

You are talking about modified configuration.

Improved hardening gives extra hitpoints and suspension durability/capacity.  I'm going to put it on my Maus for memes.  along with a turbocharger.

oops my title was wrong, thank you :) I corrected it

Ba_nshee #5 Posted 02 August 2020 - 01:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30608 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V

Nop.

Block Quote

I can see it being very very good if coupled with food as you get a huge benefit especially on the heavies, mores than you would by using vents + fire extinguish.

Food + Vents + Firefighting (or firefighting directive if you have a bad crew) - just as before. Fires are not significant in the long run. I got set on fire like once a session on avg, while Vents is improving basically everything on my tank, which is basically constantly relevant.

qpranger #6 Posted 02 August 2020 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Improved hardening gives extra...

My GF tells me I need that.

saxsan4 #7 Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBa_nshee, on 02 August 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

Nop.

Food + Vents + Firefighting (or firefighting directive if you have a bad crew) - just as before. Fires are not significant in the long run. I got set on fire like once a session on avg, while Vents is improving basically everything on my tank, which is basically constantly relevant.

but then you waste a crew slot for firefighting 

Ba_nshee #8 Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30608 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 August 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

but then you waste a crew slot for firefighting 

Or you can just train a decent crew considering how stupidly easy to get a 5/6 skill crew nowadays (including free premium tanks, days, and free BIA crews), then you are not really wasting anything.

For example, this is my latest new crew. I have 81 battles on them. Eightyone.

(I used FF directive, I'll remove it soon.)

Tealo #9 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49423 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 August 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Hello,

SO recently I was watching Dez Gamerz, (love him) and I realised this, the new improved Configuration surely is better than vents if you run food instead of fire extinguish. Now I say this because Improved hardening blocks 1 ammo rack and engine fire in a game on top of a 65% LESS chance of fire, so with that there is little use of a fire extinguish and you can run food to get the 10% increase in crew skills and perks knowing you won't have any engine fires, as lets be real, how often do you get double fired in a game?

But on top of those bonus it also gives you +150% to ammo rack, fuel and engine durability and +45% to repair speed, so your tank will be very durable, then If you run food you effectively get a bigger bonus then vents would give you AND all the extra benefits? 

What do you guys think? will this equipment piece be meta? I can see it being very very good if coupled with food as you get a huge benefit especially on the heavies, mores than you would by using vents + fire extinguish.

That the New Improved Configuration is Way too OP it will get slightly nerfed in about 6 months or adjustments will be made to the 'RNG' :hiding:

Edited by Tealo, 02 August 2020 - 03:14 PM.

saxsan4 #10 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBa_nshee, on 02 August 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

Or you can just train a decent crew considering how stupidly easy to get a 5/6 skill crew nowadays (including free premium tanks, days, and free BIA crews), then you are not really wasting anything.

For example, this is my latest new crew. I have 81 battles on them. Eightyone.

(I used FF directive, I'll remove it soon.)

i literally have never trained firefighting, its the most uselss skill in my eyes

i go 6th sent / repairs always first skill (unless lgiht or arty)

Then BIA second skill

then 3rd skill im already at tier 10 lol

15:17 Added after 1 minute

View PostTealo, on 02 August 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

That the New Improved Configuration is Way too OP it will get slightly nerfed in about 6 months or adjustments will be made to the 'RNG' :hiding:

i will try it, i think people overestimate how useful vents are 

24doom24 #11 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
rammer vents/optics and vert stabs still blows anything out of the water. 

saxsan4 #12 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Post24doom24, on 02 August 2020 - 03:38 PM, said:

rammer vents/optics and vert stabs still blows anything out of the water. 

i dont see the point of optics on high tiers since i never spot with them, i like them for tier 5 tanks

and what about autolders , TDs and open top tanks who cant have all those things? they have lots of new builds now

Ba_nshee #13 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30608 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V

Block Quote

i literally have never trained firefighting, its the most uselss skill in my eyes

Block Quote

i dont see the point of optics on high tiers since i never spot with them, i like them for tier 5 tanks

OK then.

At least you asked for opinions.

saxsan4 #14 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBa_nshee, on 02 August 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

OK then.

At least you asked for opinions.

I understand there is a max view range which can often be achived with vents. on lights optics are useful yes but why would you put optics on a heavy tank in the high tiers?

Edited by saxsan4, 02 August 2020 - 07:13 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37491 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 August 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

I understand there is a max view range which can often be achived with vents. on lights optics are useful yes but why would you put optics on a heavy tank in the high tiers?

There is no max view range, only a view range cap. Anything after that cap acts to negate the camo of any tank within your viewrange so you can see them at the full 445m. 

Ba_nshee #16 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30608 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 August 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

I'm not sure how you ended up here, but

- There is maximum spotting range (445m), the view range is only limited by the characteristics.

- I wouldn't. You can achieve good view range on T10 heavies with the 3 associated crew skills, Vents and Food, while maximizing your firepower.

(I would probably use it, if I would be forced to play my T10 heavies with weak crews, nonoptimal equipment and consumables, because you are not always in the idealistic scenario with your tanks. That's not how random battles works. Very often you are not only close range brawling, but you have to and you should spot for yourself and/or for your team in your heavy tanks as well. Similar example with light tanks, more often than not, dealing dmg is a better way (%) towards victory than mindlessly focusing on spotting on every map, in every situation.)

Edited by Ba_nshee, 02 August 2020 - 08:05 PM.

Flicka #17 Posted Yesterday, 10:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23759 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Well, a Saxan form post, do not see many of those around…..

Let's see if you get to learn anything here, or keep the usual schtik, you seem to already disregard opinions that differ from yours.

As for the equipment, we will see.

I'll pimp out my grille and just try that because it seems as an obvious choice for EQ, for the rest...time will tell.

facmanpob #18 Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5930 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 August 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

There is no max view range, only maximum detection and render ranges. Your view range can go over the max detection range, and then reduce the effectiveness of enemy camo, increasing the range at which you will detect enemy tanks. I suggest you watch these official WoT videos to help you understand spotting and concealment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgEE7L7jXvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZVWmHQVuVI

I run optics on my T57 Heavy. With BIA, situational awareness, food and vents added in my view range is 492m. This means that I can cut into the camo of other vehicles and be able to spot them from much further away. If you can survive to near the end of a battle, outspotting your opponent gives you a much bigger advantage. There's nothing less satisfying than blindly wandering around in a heavy getting outspotted by the enemy constantly!

My Centurion 7/1 has over 500m view range, meaning I can actually outspot tier 8 light tanks whilst we are both in the open and on the move! Vision is king in this game.

Edited by facmanpob, Yesterday, 10:57 AM.

Infryndiira #19 Posted Yesterday, 10:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24461 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postfacmanpob, on 03 August 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

I run optics on my T57 Heavy. With BIA, situational awareness, food and vents added in my view range is 492m. This means that I can cut into the camo of other vehicles and be able to spot them from much further away. If you can survive to near the end of a battle, outspotting your opponent gives you a much bigger advantage. There's nothing less satisfying than blindly wandering around in a heavy getting outspotted by the enemy constantly!

My Centurion 7/1 has over 500m view range, meaning I can actually outspot tier 8 light tanks whilst we are both in the open and on the move! Vision is king in this game.

A good explanation of how the system works up to 1.9. However with Commander's Vision System introduced, certain tanks that can reach 445m view range can potentially replace Optics with the former entirely, and scout lights can possibly mount both to maximise vision control.

facmanpob #20 Posted Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5930 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostInfryndiira, on 03 August 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

A good explanation of how the system works up to 1.9. However with Commander's Vision System introduced, certain tanks that can reach 445m view range can potentially replace Optics with the former entirely, and scout lights can possibly mount both to maximise vision control.

Yeah, I'll have to see how the CVS changes things over the next few weeks. I suspect people who are paying attention to the equipment changes will be a little more cautious for a while. It's a brave new world! :ohmy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users