Jump to content


Light tanks obsolete and so also LT-15 mission?


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

bjornsmith #1 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

Hi,

 

Has armored cars made light tanks obsolete?

 

They drive faster, shoot just a well - cannot be tracked - so in games they just drive around with impunity spotting everything - making it impossible to get 4k assist damage as a light tank.

 

I have tried doing this mission for a while, but almost every battle have either 2-3 wheelies just driving around yoloing not getting hit and spotting everything - or else too many light tanks all competing about the same spotting.

 

I have tried doing it in everything from tier 6 -> tier 9 LT and it seems like the higher tiers on average is a little better, but then there are too many cars with their wheels that just goes running even if they get hit by a grenade.

 

Anyway, it seems excessively hard to get any decent spotting damage with all tanks being so mobile and in particular armored cars - so can LT-15 even be completed anymore?



frange #2 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33746 battles
  • 350
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013
Have you tried doing  the mission using the EBR? 

bjornsmith #3 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:07 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View Postfrange, on 02 August 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

Have you tried doing  the mission using the EBR? 

Is the EBR a light tank?



OniichanSenpai #4 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3331 battles
  • 358
  • Member since:
    03-11-2020

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Is the EBR a light tank?

 

Duh....



Homer_J #5 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33999 battles
  • 38,809
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
After trying for months to do LT15 for the T55 I did it first time out in the EBR 100 in a grand battle.

bjornsmith #6 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 02 August 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

 

Duh....

I see well put, intelligent reply - does that mean an armored CAR is considered a light TANK?



Dava_117 #7 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:13 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Moderator
  • 24764 battles
  • 7,032
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

I see well put, intelligent reply - does that mean an armored CAR is considered a light TANK?

 

Yes, EBR are LTs.



OreH75 #8 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:15 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56612 battles
  • 2,979
  • [-NARF] -NARF
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Anyway, it seems excessively hard to get any decent spotting damage with all tanks being so mobile and in particular armored cars - so can LT-15 even be completed anymore?


Yes, just learn 2 play LT properly, in combination with the right map for this mission ofc, shouldn't be that difficult.


Edited by OreH75, 02 August 2020 - 05:15 PM.


bjornsmith #9 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

After trying for months to do LT15 for the T55 I did it first time out in the EBR 100 in a grand battle.

Awesome, so now I just have to grind a couple of hundred K xp to be able to do a mission because another line of vehicles made it impossible to do in  the type of vehicle the mission was designed for.

 

Just freaking awesome.

 

Well at least I can try to join the cancer of wheelies when its impossible to beat them.



OniichanSenpai #10 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3331 battles
  • 358
  • Member since:
    03-11-2020

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

I see well put, intelligent reply - does that mean an armored CAR is considered a light TANK?

 

You must be one of those people who insist that arties are not tanks either because they are SPGs....

 

Either way, not sure if trolling but of course wheeled vehicles are light tanks

 

/thread



OreH75 #11 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:17 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56612 battles
  • 2,979
  • [-NARF] -NARF
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

Awesome, so now I just have to grind a couple of hundred K xp to be able to do a mission because another line of vehicles made it impossible to do in  the type of vehicle the mission was designed for.

 

Just freaking awesome.


No you don't, the lights you have played so far are perfectly fine for getting those missions.



bjornsmith #12 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostOreH75, on 02 August 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:


Yes, just learn 2 play LT properly, in combination with the right map for this mission ofc, shouldn't be that difficult.

I see, very constructive.

 

Allow me to ingest the magic potion that removes all other light tanks/armored cars, give me a decent map, not a brain dead team and no enemy YOLO scout that decides to suicide directly towards the most obvious spotting location.

 

It is so easy just to write learn 2 play, in particular if you already did the mission before wheelies came into existence or just dont care about the mission.



NekoPuffer_PPP #13 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37367 battles
  • 5,618
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
This all would not be a problem if assistance damage (spotting/detracking) was shared fully between each involved tank, rather than equally split across all of them.

OreH75 #14 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:25 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56612 battles
  • 2,979
  • [-NARF] -NARF
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

I see, very constructive.

 

Allow me to ingest the magic potion that removes all other light tanks/armored cars, give me a decent map, not a brain dead team and no enemy YOLO scout that decides to suicide directly towards the most obvious spotting location.

 

It is so easy just to write learn 2 play, in particular if you already did the mission before wheelies came into existence or just dont care about the mission.

Yeah some missions require a golden combo..but winrates on your lights (at least most of them of tier VI+) are abysmal, based on your LT performance best chance you have is to stick with the french LT line. Mission should be perfectly doable in a tier VIII+ (IF the conditions are right).
 



Homer_J #15 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33999 battles
  • 38,809
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

Awesome, so now I just have to grind a couple of hundred K xp to be able to do a mission because another line of vehicles made it impossible to do in  the type of vehicle the mission was designed for.

 

Actually I would have done it a few weeks earlier in the T49 (without the derp) on Sand River of all maps if I didn't make a stupid mistake and leave myself about 50 damage short.

 

EBR 100 on a grand battle was really easy though, just get close enough to light something up and then retreat.



Balc0ra #16 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 78197 battles
  • 23,917
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Has armored cars made light tanks obsolete?

 

If you play like before. Sure, then it can be tricky. With minor adaptions in EBR heavy games. No, not really. My 13 90 gets's spotting as easy as before EBR's came more so than not. On some maps tracked lights like the Type 64 or T-50-2 yolo harder and ruin my spotting early on then EBRs do. 

 

Wheels tend to go the same areas on most maps. So hang back and wait until you see where their early focus is before you push up if assist farming is your main goal. Or push close to the point you want so you can see if you spot them first, as you can do on some maps. As more so than not, you see them way before they see you. If the map has several objects breaking LOS in that area to remove that advantage. Then I hang back a bit either way until the guns behind me get into position. 



bjornsmith #17 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:37 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostOreH75, on 02 August 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yeah some missions require a golden combo..but winrates on your lights (at least most of them of tier VI+) are abysmal, based on your LT performance best chance you have is to stick with the french LT line. Mission should be perfectly doable in a tier VIII+ (IF the conditions are right).
 

Basically I stopped playing LT when tier 5 was highest tier LT and chaffee was the king. Back then it was clear how a LT was supposed to play. Today a light tank in my opinion is not a "scout" - it is a support tank and with so many different types of fast vehicles I just don't get it anymore, all tanks sit in a bush spot and camp and near the end mediums clean up - or any light tanks still alive. 

 

I still think light tanks as a class is more or less obsolete, but I am not a quitter - I will try and try again and will probably try until I take yet another break from WoT because it makes me sick.



Infryndiira #18 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24769 battles
  • 711
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013
Armoured cars make scouting a little bit more difficult for light tanks, but you can still get LT-15 done. Granted, there is usually more competition than there used to be.

bjornsmith #19 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

https://imgur.com/a/XiQzgUW

 

This just proves my point - light tanks as "scouts" are not needed anymore.

 

It is much easier to do 3k damage in a light tank than 4k spotting.


Edited by bjornsmith, 02 August 2020 - 06:30 PM.


Infryndiira #20 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24769 battles
  • 711
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View Postbjornsmith, on 02 August 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

https://imgur.com/a/XiQzgUW

 

This just proves my point - light tanks as "scouts" are not needed anymore.

 

It is much easier to do 3k damage in a light tank than 4k spotting.


Have you ever managed to do 4K spotting in Ensk before the introduction of armoured cars? :sceptic:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users