Steel Hunter is Back!

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

NewHewkas #221 Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14871 battles
  • [MOTZ] MOTZ
What the F is going on with this game mode? Did they tweaked something I'm at 14/400 and after midnight, I just got into matches where people spawn on each other and I can't get any upgrade because I'm spotted in the first 5 seconds... Anybody noticed something like that?

pmakins #222 Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 51819 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRockyRoller, on 20 August 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Now I finished, my conclusion are;

if the spawn rate of crates is going to be so sporadic in some landing spots and a cornucopia in others then either better coding to ensure a close drop will happen, or radar available for first click the second the battle starts is needed to balance the bias.

The slip from traction needs a mild detuning. Like driving on ice at the moment, and rather silly.

Same with getting constant landing damage to the French tank on dunes, just silly.

I completely agree with the radar being available at start. I haven't thought of that. It could actually fix the luck in finding the first 2 crates! Awesome idea. 
As for the traction, I've said multiple times, everything is a lot slipperier than before. WG probably screwed up the ground resistances

guest273 #223 Posted 21 August 2020 - 10:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37782 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO
Harbinger is the most stupid thing in this mode. How can you shoot 2 shots faster than you can pick up a single item

gunslingerXXX #224 Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15551 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postguest273, on 21 August 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

Harbinger is the most stupid thing in this mode. How can you shoot 2 shots faster than you can pick up a single item

Walkure seems most stupid? I can not pen this thing not even side shots? Also RNG on pen seems really bad / off in this gamemode? Lots of time green pen indicator is bounce, while driving away from an enemy with turret turned and autoaim is 9/10 a pen?

L0rd_0f_War #225 Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

Pros and Cons for 2020 SH season:

Pros:

• Far more streamlined than 2019, encouraging active play due to the daily missions. No penalty for dying early.
  • Easy to reach level 15. Took me 21 games, over 3-4 days just doing the daily missions, winning twice and a few more under 5 positions.

Cons:

• The SH mode is fine, its mildly enjoyable at times, but its no replacement for full episodes of Frontlines. I can't believe we have 4 full episodes of SH in 'REPLACEMENT' of FL, and not just something in addition to it (like last year).
  • Rewards are meh, but with such easy to reach 15 levels its okay. The issue is, unlike FL, there is no other incentive to play, I can't make extra credits, grind crew XP, tank XP, use my dozen T8 premiums, etc. All in all, these SH episodes are simply fillers used by WG to keep us from playing more FL this year (it seems).
  • The daily missions for a few extra bonds are not worth the trouble (after reach lvl 15) as unlike FL, I am not making credits and XP in my actual tanks/crews while trying to get those daily missions done.

So, I don't mind playing a few games of SH, and I appreciate that WG really improved and streamlined the SH mode, without any penalties for active play (losing chevrons etc.). But WG, kindly give us a full season of FL next year (like 2019) and also keep SH around for those who enjoy it, but not as a replacement for FL. Thank you.

Dr_Wycior #226 Posted 21 August 2020 - 08:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 43275 battles
Having reached level 15 in three days, solo; I concur the current iteration an improvement. The daily missions saved the day. The tank selection and progression is excellent, I've had at least one awesome game with each machine. Except the Arlequin, can't wrap my head around it, but it's probably me getting older.
It seems everything boils down to thinking and a bit of luck; win Your first fights or disengage; upgrade to t6, enter the final stage. Was easy to do after the first day, when better players progressed.
No rigging spotted, but OTOH only now found out that gold ammo has less alpha, ha !

Overall, 4,5 / 5: the consolation prize for places 6-15 could be useful (already mentioned); and there's not much to do after level 15. Still, there is Battle Pass to grind, and a lot of random missions going on right now. 2D style is uglyyyyy...

Edited by Dr_Wycior, 21 August 2020 - 08:41 PM.

Truntea #227 Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1476 battles

View Postpmakins, on 20 August 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

I completely agree with the radar being available at start. I haven't thought of that. It could actually fix the luck in finding the first 2 crates! Awesome idea. 
As for the traction, I've said multiple times, everything is a lot slipperier than before. WG probably screwed up the ground resistances

Indeed, this is what it seems to be missing most.

guest273 #228 Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37782 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 21 August 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Walkure seems most stupid? I can not pen this thing not even side shots? Also RNG on pen seems really bad / off in this gamemode? Lots of time green pen indicator is bounce, while driving away from an enemy with turret turned and autoaim is 9/10 a pen?

Walkure becomes way too slow in the end, so you kind-of shoot yourself in the foot by taking it. It only works if the last remaining enemy is bad or you catch him by surprise with the turbo charge. If you are against a good Raven / Harbinger in the end (which is most likely) who went for speed build or semi speed build they can skirmish you out before the final battle.

About RNG - even worse is when 15/20 people spawn on one side of the map, its super easy to get teamed and you can't even blame them for working together. The end result of that is that there's like 6-8 people left and there's like 2-3 who are level 7 after brawls and rest are like levels 3-4 because they spawned isolated.

About aiming - I learned what tanks I can autoaim with which ammos on Raven/Harbinger. Walkure you cannot autoaim with anything from the front.

20:44 Added after 4 minute

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 21 August 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

Pros:

• Far more streamlined than 2019, encouraging active play due to the daily missions. No penalty for dying early.

Except the -20k credits when you literally don't end 1st in a battle, that, to quote my friend Park_Avenue: "some WG pleb employee was orgasming so hard when he pulled that slider"

ASUS_GREECE_TTV #229 Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13305 battles
  • [RAG3S] RAG3S
Hello guys i have one problem when i end today the level 15 from the steel hunter, i end also the missions and he give me only 2 missions X5 XP boosters and not 10 as they say for rewards the problem is i made a complain in the support section and they answer me in my face (we confirm you recieve the rewards after i insist with 2 more tickets i say to them guys you give me only 2 missions x5 xp and not 10 as they rewards say, After my second ticket again, they answer to me you have take 5 missions xp x5, and again afert the 3rd ticket support they answer to me ( we can confirm that you already used the XP X% missions from the steel hunter) but what is the funny of this story today i play in the random battles 14 games and i have 4 wins and i explain to them with a simple question, how it is possible to have used 10 missions X5 XP boosters with 4 wins? When the requirements to use the X5 XP missions boosters  is: (winning battle and be in TOP 10 by earned experience). And after that question they answer me again, it is possible to used 10 missions X5 XP with 4 winning battles!!!!  it's unbelievable they don't know nothing from their own game and how it works.  Can someone have this bug after complete the missions steel hunter to recieve 2 missions x5 xp ? like me ??

Edited by ASUS_GREECE_TTV, 23 August 2020 - 01:34 AM.

guest273 #230 Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37782 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

View Postguest273, on 22 August 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Except the -20k credits when you literally don't end 1st in a battle, that, to quote my friend Park_Avenue: "some WG pleb employee was orgasming so hard when he pulled that slider"

X2 and X3 on myself.

First battle crashed when trying to connect = -10k credits because I joined in dead.
Someone on WG is orgasming so hard.

You've created a perfect mode to play 2-3 battles a day and not any more.

guest273 #231 Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37782 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO
I recommend you make 5 different garages the game has to load in to get into steel hunter and minus 50k instead of the 20k now to make game-crashes more exciting than they are now.

congo3333 #232 Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44246 battles
Even more cheaters then random battles. Barely collect 2 closest supply and some players have already 2 upgrades in damage and hit points when i just get radio... Could be fun but way to many cheats.

kaneloon #233 Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33344 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD

Was afraid that WG would destroy this game mod, but they did well not to change it much.

I prefered last year camos, but less pain less gain :P

Cippman #234 Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36299 battles
  • [CIPP] CIPP

View PostCommunity, on 14 August 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

One of your favorite game modes is returning to World of Tanks in a reworked format.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/steel-hunter-mechanics/">The full text of the news item</a>

It worth to try this game mode for players with few time to play?

...I mean players that maybe can skip some stages during a year and play few battles during a day, tokens are stil collected for the future? 

Gruff_ #235 Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 27195 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K

View PostCippman, on 15 September 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

...I mean players that maybe can skip some stages during a year and play few battles during a day, tokens are stil collected for the future? 

It's too late to earn enough tokens for a tank if you haven't got any yet.  The tokens are only valid for this season they do not carry over, there are only 2 episodes left I beleive.

Yes it's worth it to try as you can earn some credits bonds and directives each time the mode is live, and you may just enjoy the gameplay for fun even if it's too late to earn enough tokens for a tank.

Edited by Gruff_, 15 September 2020 - 01:51 PM.

Ice_Ltd #236 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20769 battles

tokens don't carry over. in the end they will be exchanged for other stuff. in the past it was 300 gold and 100 bonds each token.

mode is easy but not worth playing unless you like it. you get no crew xp and 26k credits at its best. on top you have to pay for repairing the tank, so deduct 5k credits.

you collect tank xp which you turn into free xp with gold.

i finished this mode in 3 days playing 8 battles in total.

Edited by Ice_Ltd, 15 September 2020 - 02:38 PM.

Dwigt #237 Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2012 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I tried the mode for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I liked it!

However, you won't be able to get a tank if you missed all Frontlines stages and the first Steel Hunter stage but you can still earn credits, consumables and some equipment. The second episode should be coming back soon so why not give it a try and you be the judge! :)

Cippman #238 Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36299 battles
  • [CIPP] CIPP
thanks tankers! :D

ottocare #239 Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7374 battles

Waste of time, at least for me - loosing credits or making so little, not worth the effort.

Very disappointed. Yeah, yeah - I know... "You have to learn the game, bla bla, bla..." 

I am here to have fun, not go to university of hard grinds/knocks.

I like the Steel Hunter desert like maps very much, which kept me playing for a few games. But it is just a driving simulator, and at the end you get farmed by a better player two levels above you having more luck with drops (just RNG) - no teamwork. So for me simply too boring, after a few rounds.

I prefer Frontline, where you could at least try to make an effort against dominating EBRs, Objects and Progettos - which was fun! Had a very hard time in my LHMTV (outgunned, outrun, out-everything - lol), but I could use the XP to level my crew, and there was some teamwork involved, at least from time to time, and I had much fun trying to sneak up on other players, or trying to flank, etc. No such thing in Steel Hunter, which is basically just brawling with RNG involved.

I would rather play Frontline again than Steel Hunter, but at least I enjoyed the wonderful desert maps - for aesthetics.

Have fun!

FriendlyRussianBunny #240 Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42816 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

One  word:

Arlequin

:teethhappy:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users