Jump to content


Confused by resetting mechanics, three full skills changed into two?

skill reset perk resetting

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

btz #1 Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:37 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 17769 battles
  • 535
  • Member since:
    07-28-2010

Hello,

 

I'm a bit confused with skill reset. I'm thinking about resetting a commander with full three skills and 4th skill trained to 82%.

So I bring up the reset menu and what I see is that it says after reset commander will have 2 full skills + 82%.

 

skill reset

Where does one fully trained skill go then?

 

It also says on one of the menus that female crew members come with BIA that cannot be reset. But this new commander doesn't have BIA by default.

Does it mean that currently BIA trained to 82% will became 100% after reset?

 

I figured jack of all trade will be less useful than BIA, so would rather reset for that...

 

I'm really confused now, please advise. 

 

 



OniichanSenpai #2 Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:59 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4700 battles
  • 459
  • Member since:
    03-11-2020
Since Sixth Sense is an implicit skill, it can not be reset. Thus, after reset you will have 2x 100% Skills + 82% and the Sixth Sense will be still there, always.

btz #3 Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 17769 battles
  • 535
  • Member since:
    07-28-2010

Thanks for clarifying that.

 

Whatever that means, I hope you're right. EDIT: yeah, sixth sense stayed. 

What else is Implicit? 


Edited by btz, 16 August 2020 - 01:46 PM.


Kooallu #4 Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49249 battles
  • 410
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View Postbtz, on 16 August 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hello,

 

I'm a bit confused with skill reset. I'm thinking about resetting a commander with full three skills and 4th skill trained to 82%.

So I bring up the reset menu and what I see is that it says after reset commander will have 2 full skills + 82%.

 

skill reset

Where does one fully trained skill go then?

 

It also says on one of the menus that female crew members come with BIA that cannot be reset. But this new commander doesn't have BIA by default.

Does it mean that currently BIA trained to 82% will became 100% after reset?

 

I figured jack of all trade will be less useful than BIA, so would rather reset for that...

 

I'm really confused now, please advise. 

 

 

 

A zero skill crew is a crew member that has been already trained with the Brothers in Arms (BiA) or Sisterhood of Steel (SoS) perk, in this case your zero skill is Sixth sense, zero skill is skill that cannot be reseted.


Edited by Kooallu, 16 August 2020 - 01:57 PM.


PointZero #5 Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49659 battles
  • 1,477
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View PostKooallu, on 16 August 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

A zero skill crew is a crew member that has been already trained with the Brothers in Arms (BiA) or Sisterhood of Steel (SoS) perk, in this case your zero skill is Sixth sense, zero skill is skill that cannot be reseted.

 

Fun fact: SoS merged with BiA and is just known as BiA since May 2017.



Kooallu #6 Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49249 battles
  • 410
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View PostPointZero, on 16 August 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

 

Fun fact: SoS merged with BiA and is just known as BiA since May 2017.


 i know







Also tagged with skill, reset, perk, resetting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users