Lopsided Annoying 10 years tanks matches match making matc

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MontyPythonFlyingTanks #1 Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1176 battles
  • [B-AS] B-AS

At least from my experience, all these damn games with the 10th Ann Tanks are lopsided wins or lopsided losses.  (and for me, only here since June or July, more losses than wins for sure)

Yes my skills have a long way to go, but matchmaking really stinks right now.

Dramya #2 Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19782 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
None of the reward tanks are overpowered, more so they kinda underperform. The Valiant is slow as F€&@, the T-29 has some merrit with HE, but has aweful aimtime (as does the BT Arty), and the T116 has paper armor and a pitiful gun. Just get in a Tier 4 and stomp then (Matilda comes to mind)

It all comes down to experience, I do quite well in the T-29 but mainly because I know it’s weaknesses. Most won’t though, make use of that. Be wary though, don’t ram them in your BT Arty, you won’t like the outcome :)

malachi6 #3 Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:37 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 51526 battles

Read the title and remembered I need to contact my doctor.  

As to the topic.  Given you admit your skills/experience are developing, how have you arrived at the conclusion that MM is the cause of your woes?

Bordhaw #4 Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17383 battles

View PostMontyPythonFlyingTanks, on 18 August 2020 - 10:17 PM, said:

At least from my experience, all these damn games with the 10th Ann Tanks are lopsided wins or lopsided losses.  (and for me, only here since June or July, more losses than wins for sure)

Yes my skills have a long way to go, but matchmaking really stinks right now.

Because players with over 59,000 battles and 6 skill crews are now playing in Tier 3 against players like...you. 

Dramya #5 Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19782 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostBordhaw, on 19 August 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

Because players with over 59,000 battles and 6 skill crews are now playing in Tier 3 against players like...you. 

Have you played tier 3 lately? Most if not all of the teams I have played in were pretty much filled with low battlecount players with the odd veteran player mixed in, and more then half of those were also not very good players.

And before you say something about my crew skills, I have trained my current crew only in the T-29, I have a crew that anyone with 1k battles could surpass. Not playing anymore, finished the missions, did feel like clubbing though not nearly as much as you would think. The reward tanks just plainly aren’t very good.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70244 battles

I would expect these battles to be crazy at least until the race for anniversary coins and the A46 are over.

You have a lot of players who's objective is to get 1 kill or 100 damage plus get in the top 7.

No other requirement.

I just completed the event a few minutes ago so don't have to play any of those tanks again.

Unless I want some low tier fun.

T-29 was the best pick for me with the Bt7 Arty as a spare to play if the T-29 was still in battle.

The Valiant well that's easy enough you carry something like 30 premium rounds and be prepared to use them.

No point messing around valiant vs valiant means the the winner is the one who pens more consistently.

I added the equipment that gave me 8% more hit points too as an extra edge.

Lost credits almost every battle in the valiant but now have the A-46 and still have the 1500 anniversary coins to spend elsewhere.

Shame about the Valiant its an almost decent tank.

Preferential mm or more pen on the gun or more speed any of those could make it worth playing.

Still free is free and I did have fun abusing the gun depression on ridges.

Might play it occasionally though 19kpph is a bit of a killer.

vanderkat #7 Posted 19 August 2020 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11305 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 19 August 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

Shame about the Valiant its an almost decent tank.

Preferential mm or more pen on the gun or more speed any of those could make it worth playing.

Still free is free and I did have fun abusing the gun depression on ridges.

Might play it occasionally though 19kpph is a bit of a killer.

Well, it's quicker than a TOG ..... or mount a turbo on it and you'll just about keep up with a Matilda :D

On that note, my Matilda (with turbo) felt almost like a racing car yesterday as it sped past all those Valiants off the spawn and left them in its dust :teethhappy:

Edited by vanderkat, 19 August 2020 - 04:31 PM.

MontyPythonFlyingTanks #8 Posted 21 August 2020 - 02:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1176 battles
  • [B-AS] B-AS

Some, but not all by any means, missed the point all together.

1) I didn't say that mm was the cause of my play. In fact my post had nothing to do with that.  Wow, that was a leap.

2) Yes, there are a lot more higher skilled players at lower tiers right now but that doesn't excuse the crappy mm as of late.  If you put 15 seasoned players against 15 lower skilled players that's shi**y mm no mater how you slice it.

Perhaps some should re-read the actual post?  hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dramya #9 Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19782 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostMontyPythonFlyingTanks, on 21 August 2020 - 03:28 AM, said:

Some, but not all by any means, missed the point all together.

1) I didn't say that mm was the cause of my play. In fact my post had nothing to do with that.  Wow, that was a leap.

2) Yes, there are a lot more higher skilled players at lower tiers right now but that doesn't excuse the crappy mm as of late.  If you put 15 seasoned players against 15 lower skilled players that's shi**y mm no mater how you slice it.

Perhaps some should re-read the actual post?  hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

To be honest, you kept it kinda vague what you want to accomplish with your post. You merely state an opinion that’s quite open to interpretation.

Anyhow, you can try to make use of the large amount of tier 3 reward tanks in the matchmaking by picking a tank that counters them. Tanks with better viewrange and tanks that are more resistant to HE shells for instance. And if you want to play those reward tanks too, make use of their strenghts (HE shells) and be wary about their weaknesses (viewrange, lack of armor and in the case of the T-29 mobility). Most played are BT arty and T-29. BT is quite zippy, T-29 is a good rammer.

MontyPythonFlyingTanks #10 Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1176 battles
  • [B-AS] B-AS
Thank you Dramya for your helpful answer.  I guess I was a bit vague, was just trying to say that the mm lately has stunk, but I'm not trying that to my skills or lack thereof in any way, it's just an observation about mm (and yes, my opinion), mm sucks right now.

Edited by MontyPythonFlyingTanks, 21 August 2020 - 11:28 PM.

TheGreatGazoo #11 Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40270 battles

View PostDramya, on 18 August 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

None of the reward tanks are overpowered, more so they kinda underperform. The Valiant is slow as F€&@, the T-29 has some merrit with HE, but has aweful aimtime (as does the BT Arty), and the T116 has paper armor and a pitiful gun. Just get in a Tier 4 and stomp then (Matilda comes to mind)

It all comes down to experience, I do quite well in the T-29 but mainly because I know it’s weaknesses. Most won’t though, make use of that. Be wary though, don’t ram them in your BT Arty, you won’t like the outcome :)

But when you put a 5 skill crew in them along with some food and/or bounty/bond equipment people massage their E-peen at the expense of newcomers. I hope you all feel really special beating up on newbies.

Dramya #12 Posted 22 August 2020 - 12:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19782 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostTheGreatGazoo, on 22 August 2020 - 12:41 AM, said:

But when you put a 5 skill crew in them along with some food and/or bounty/bond equipment people massage their E-peen at the expense of newcomers. I hope you all feel really special beating up on newbies.

Please check my post a few more up ...

Not everyone is keen on losing credits every game, and not everyone uses bond equipment on crap tanks. And using food instead of a fire extinguisher on tanks that can be penetrated with HE is not a very good idea.

Edited by Dramya, 22 August 2020 - 12:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users