Missions and Offers to Earn Your Tank Diplomas

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Tackle the specials for every vehicle type to earn great rewards and not miss out on a unique tank.

The full text of the news item

sir_alex_ice #2 Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39643 battles
  • [T-7-T] T-7-T

Removed: WE WANT 50% DISCOUNT ON EQUIPMENT.

We do not want or care about anything else.

Edited by Dwigt, 04 September 2020 - 10:50 AM.

saxsan4 #3 Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28849 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

The M48 Rumppanzer is truly a brilliant tank.

i picked it up in the twitch prime and its a really solid pick. IMO the best tier 8 german medium premium we have at the moment, the gun aim time is fast, but boy, does that armour bounce well, many times people dont know where to shoot, the spade hides the hull so they have to guess what areas to shoot at, you also have a very good boat shaped hull, and actually your tumour isnt as big as 59-patoon and you can work with it. I have had even tier 9 and 10 end up bouncing on me. if you get into a tier 7 game you can roll with the heavies, up close and personal. face hugging can be really useful, i once won a 1v1 agaisnt wz-111 who boucned all his shots on my hull 

The speed is not too bad either, you are no pregoetto BUT i dont find myself falling behind, you get up to your top speed quite quickly on flat ground. Its also versitile, you can play with heavies if in up to tier 9 mm, and if tier 10 you are able to play support roll

I would highly recommend

also it looks FANTASTIC  

05:26 Added after 5 minute

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 04 September 2020 - 05:14 AM, said:

: WE WANT 50% DISCOUNT ON EQUIPMENT.

i care

jack_timber #4 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 47428 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCommunity, on 04 September 2020 - 05:00 AM, said:

Tackle the specials for every vehicle type......

Smashing but where's arty? Persecuted by the majority of the players, allegedly, now singled out by WG. Oh the pain ;)

Truntea #5 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1500 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 04 September 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

Smashing but where's arty? Persecuted by the majority of the players, allegedly, now singled out by WG. Oh the pain ;)

They learned from past mistakes.

:trollface:

jack_timber #6 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 47428 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTruntea, on 04 September 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

They learned from past mistakes.

:trollface:

But, but, but, oh never mind.... :)

SlyHuntsman #7 Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22924 battles
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_
Can't wait to get my WoT BTEC! :child:

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68662 battles

Very common error on the forums posters use WE when they mean I.

Its not that big a deal I suppose but I would not want anyone to assume I am part of this.

Do I want equipment discounts yes of course I do and I am going to sit and wait for them but I am not going to keep banging on about it every time something else comes along.

Unless you ran most of your tanks wit camo nets and binoculars little has changed

There is somewhere out there I am sure a player with 300 tanks who only ever owned one set of equipment and moved it around from tank to tank.

They are in deep trouble.

There are also many players who still have tanks with their old equipment still in place and working just fine.

If you equipped the tank with vents great news they are universal so move them to the first slot and you even get the bonus.

Meanwhile plan new builds because you need to know that before any discount arrives.

For preference I want a test server to come first so I can try out new builds for free.

Thats what I usually do.

Meanwhile build up the credits so I can buy cheap if and when a discount does come along.

ps bet when it does come along someone will complain we all wanted some other type of discount.

Badz360 #9 Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27774 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postsaxsan4, on 04 September 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

many times people dont know where to shoot,

Really? With a cupola that big? Where is this noob server you play on?

Simona2k #10 Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5369 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
no thank you

BSHDBCG #11 Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7216 battles

View PostBadz360, on 04 September 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

Most likely EU2, I find that place to be quite chaotic compared to EU1.

TheDudeAbidesForever #12 Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11665 battles

Where is the Love for Arty? Could at least have given us something like this:-

#1 Destroy a Heavy tank by Ramming

#2 Destroy a Heavy tank by Ramming & Spot an Enemy Tank without being spotted

#3 Destroy a Heavy tank by Ramming, Spot an Enemy Tank, & lose a Battle without anybody saying "Noob Arty" or "Useless Arty" in the Chat

Sounds fair to me! :)

Edited by TheDudeAbidesForever, 04 September 2020 - 10:54 AM.

Eroe_dell_Iride #13 Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5595 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
Any thoughts about Raumpanzer? 

PanzerPjotr #14 Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53387 battles
  • [DFPC] DFPC

View Postjack_timber, on 04 September 2020 - 06:01 AM, said:

I hear you, I agree. Why WG....why??????????????????????????

Dwigt #15 Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2180 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 04 September 2020 - 06:14 AM, said:

Removed: WE WANT 50% DISCOUNT ON EQUIPMENT.

While we wait for the equipment discount, there are plenty of stuff you can earn and time to save some credits!

View PostTheDudeAbidesForever, on 04 September 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

Where is the Love for Arty? Could at least have given us something like this:-

#1 Destroy a Heavy tank by Ramming

#2 Destroy a Heavy tank by Ramming & Spot an Enemy Tank without being spotted

#3 Destroy a Heavy tank by Ramming, Spot an Enemy Tank, & lose a Battle without anybody saying "Noob Arty" or "Useless Arty" in the Chat

Sounds fair to me! :)

I would vote for that 3rd one :teethhappy: 

PanzerPjotr #16 Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53387 battles
  • [DFPC] DFPC

View PostGremlin182, on 04 September 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Very common error on the forums posters use WE when they mean I.

Its not that big a deal I suppose but I would not want anyone to assume I am part of this.

Do I want equipment discounts yes of course I do and I am going to sit and wait for them but I am not going to keep banging on about it every time something else comes along.

Unless you ran most of your tanks wit camo nets and binoculars little has changed

There is somewhere out there I am sure a player with 300 tanks who only ever owned one set of equipment and moved it around from tank to tank.

They are in deep trouble.

There are also many players who still have tanks with their old equipment still in place and working just fine.

If you equipped the tank with vents great news they are universal so move them to the first slot and you even get the bonus.

Meanwhile plan new builds because you need to know that before any discount arrives.

For preference I want a test server to come first so I can try out new builds for free.

Thats what I usually do.

Meanwhile build up the credits so I can buy cheap if and when a discount does come along.

ps bet when it does come along someone will complain we all wanted some other type of discount.

Two things:

Owning more than 500 tanks means that with the current new equipment system I have to spend millions to equip my tanks according to my wishes. Partly because camo net and binocs are not swappable anymore. I was able to outfit every tank to my liking because of those equipment pieces being swappable for free. On the other hand, I don't play 500+ different tanks within any reasonable time frame so the need to put equipment on all my tanks is non-existent. Furthermore, the new equipment types require some thought as to what to put where. Playing mainly my tier VIII to X arty and the tanks I am still developing (about 30 to go) for fun, XP and MoE's there is no immediate pressure to spend those millions, but eventually I will have to. WG did screw us tank collectors over without even saying sorry. 

Old equipment of the wrong class still functioning on ones tanks  is nice, but it does state everywhere that these inappropriate class equipment will be removed next patch!

I dare say that 50% equipment rebates are needed badly but I am sure they will materialize eventually. A bit of compensation for us tank collectors (maybe based on and proportionate to the number of tanks in garage) would be in order in my opinion!

guest273 #17 Posted 04 September 2020 - 12:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37813 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO
There needs to be a meme where the Raumpanzer pushes another destroyed Raumpanzers wreck to a garbage bin.

saxsan4 #18 Posted 04 September 2020 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28849 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBadz360, on 04 September 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

on EU1 i play, many times, because its rare tank they actually dont always shoot cupola

Dwigt #19 Posted 04 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2180 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPanzerPjotr, on 04 September 2020 - 11:54 AM, said:

Two things:

Owning more than 500 tanks means that with the current new equipment system I have to spend millions to equip my tanks according to my wishes. Partly because camo net and binocs are not swappable anymore. I was able to outfit every tank to my liking because of those equipment pieces being swappable for free. On the other hand, I don't play 500+ different tanks within any reasonable time frame so the need to put equipment on all my tanks is non-existent. Furthermore, the new equipment types require some thought as to what to put where. Playing mainly my tier VIII to X arty and the tanks I am still developing (about 30 to go) for fun, XP and MoE's there is no immediate pressure to spend those millions, but eventually I will have to. WG did screw us tank collectors over without even saying sorry. 

Old equipment of the wrong class still functioning on ones tanks  is nice, but it does state everywhere that these inappropriate class equipment will be removed next patch!

I dare say that 50% equipment rebates are needed badly but I am sure they will materialize eventually. A bit of compensation for us tank collectors (maybe based on and proportionate to the number of tanks in garage) would be in order in my opinion!

I get your point and as Gremlin said, if you only equipped your tanks with camo, binos then you're in big trouble. But is that the way we want the game? I remember someone saying that after Equip 2.0 we realized how many players were running wrong setups on their tanks. 

The old equipment on your tanks is still viable, you can demount some of it for free now or wait for the next patch to come and it will be demounted for free so you can use it on other tanks. Mind if I ask you how many tanks are you playing? 

If you wish to discuss different topics please do so in the dedicated threads.

grasho #20 Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 94592 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostDwigt, on 04 September 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

I get your point and as Gremlin said, if you only equipped your tanks with camo, binos then you're in big trouble. But is that the way we want the game? I remember someone saying that after Equip 2.0 we realized how many players were running wrong setups on their tanks. 

The old equipment on your tanks is still viable, you can demount some of it for free now or wait for the next patch to come and it will be demounted for free so you can use it on other tanks. Mind if I ask you how many tanks are you playing? 

If you wish to discuss different topics please do so in the dedicated threads.

As Grem pointed out (and which you liked), some people use “we” when they mean “I”.

Which “we” are you referring to?  The average players?  The unicums who want more victims to fire gold at? The WG personalities who get given whatever they need in game?  The WG employees who can’t make the company profits bigger if players don’t move equipment around?

Can I suggest you stop being generic and actually highlight which community the “we” you refer to is?  Because I am fairly certain no sane individual looked at binos and nets and thought, “you know what, I want to pay more for those”.

I also see WG contributors to these forums keep asking, “but how many of your tanks do you play anyway” (or variations of that phrase).  That totally misses the point of the concerns players are raising.  Before Extort 2.0, I had 240 tanks (each with 3 pieces of equipment).  Now I 240 tanks, many with only one or two pieces of equipment, and no certainty that I have enough silver to reequip them all.  There are a few ways to deal with this: throw money at WG (and reward their greed) or decrease the scope of what we play (and reduce our enjoyment and The game’s utility).

You are not going to eat everything in your food cupboard this week but that doesn’t make it acceptable for someone else to lock the cupboard.

The question isn’t how many of the tank we will play, but how many of the tanks we can play.

Extort 2.0 has reduced the scope of our enjoyment.  An equipment sale will enable us to regain the scope of options and possibilities we had before Extort 2.0 was imposed.

As for the missions, they are just another meaningless blur.  There are so many overlapping missions that there is no point playing to missions or trying to work out what you need to do (the mission interface is particularly difficult to use).  The missions rewards are not a target to strive for; they are just something extra that occasionally appears in the end if match summaries.

And offers?  #walletclosed until the mess of Extort 2.0 is resolved.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users