• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Max_Calibre #21 Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23467 battles
  • [GTCHA] GTCHA

View PostGremlin182, on 04 September 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Very common error on the forums posters use WE when they mean I.

Its not that big a deal I suppose but I would not want anyone to assume I am part of this.

Do I want equipment discounts yes of course I do and I am going to sit and wait for them but I am not going to keep banging on about it every time something else comes along.

Unless you ran most of your tanks wit camo nets and binoculars little has changed

There is somewhere out there I am sure a player with 300 tanks who only ever owned one set of equipment and moved it around from tank to tank.

They are in deep trouble.

There are also many players who still have tanks with their old equipment still in place and working just fine.

If you equipped the tank with vents great news they are universal so move them to the first slot and you even get the bonus.

Meanwhile plan new builds because you need to know that before any discount arrives.

For preference I want a test server to come first so I can try out new builds for free.

Thats what I usually do.

Meanwhile build up the credits so I can buy cheap if and when a discount does come along.

ps bet when it does come along someone will complain we all wanted some other type of discount.

reading this and LOL!

Gremlin so out of touch completely with 90% of WOT players feeling on Equipment 2.0 it was and is a rip and worse off slap in the face as again nobody wanted it as it was without some important changes ~ all Ignored as usual

funnier, and a Field Marshall to boot that's a double LOL 

Gremlin182 #22 Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68662 battles

View PostPanzerPjotr, on 04 September 2020 - 11:54 AM, said:

Two things:

Owning more than 500 tanks means that with the current new equipment system I have to spend millions to equip my tanks according to my wishes. Partly because camo net and binocs are not swappable anymore. I was able to outfit every tank to my liking because of those equipment pieces being swappable for free. On the other hand, I don't play 500+ different tanks within any reasonable time frame so the need to put equipment on all my tanks is non-existent. Furthermore, the new equipment types require some thought as to what to put where. Playing mainly my tier VIII to X arty and the tanks I am still developing (about 30 to go) for fun, XP and MoE's there is no immediate pressure to spend those millions, but eventually I will have to. WG did screw us tank collectors over without even saying sorry. 

Old equipment of the wrong class still functioning on ones tanks  is nice, but it does state everywhere that these inappropriate class equipment will be removed next patch!

I dare say that 50% equipment rebates are needed badly but I am sure they will materialize eventually. A bit of compensation for us tank collectors (maybe based on and proportionate to the number of tanks in garage) would be in order in my opinion!

Good points.

For me its of little importance,but only because I have an awful lot of credits, though I do resent the necessity to spend them in this way.

I have something like 308 tanks.

Anyway since I have been here a loooong time and for years every time an equipment discount came up I bought extra equipment.

I made certain that I have at least one of everything and things like rammers GLDs Vents Stabilizers that are used on a lot of tanks I kept 2 of each.

Unlock and buy new tank immediately equip it from stock and then next sale buy more.

My problem is likely to be having to reequip mid tier tanks when the equipment gets removed.

Tier 2 3 and 4 no problem as everything is 50k compared to the 100, 250 or 500k it used to be.

Tier 5 6 and 7 is a problem I have 107 tanks there and a lot of the equipment thats fine at the moment will get removed and become usable for tier 8 9 and 10 tanks.

So yes a discount will be useful well essential really because those 107 tanks have 101 pieces of equipment that will be removed and need replacing but there are also currently 102 empty equipment slots.

So at some point unless I sell or just stop playing with some of those tanks I will be required to buy 203 pieces of equipment at 200k per piece.

so 40,600,000 credits at full price.

A lot of the removed equipment could be sold to offset that cost, assuming most of it is now worth 600k selling it would get me 30,300,000.

So only need to make up the 10,300,000 difference :)

So yes its a big problem for many an annoyance for me because it WILL cost me a lot of credits even if I do not decide to use any of the new equipment.

There wasn't really an easy way to do this transition.

Removing all equipment for free would have been good but causes other problems because we would have loads of tier 8 9 and 10 equipment and loads of tier 5 6 and 7 tanks with no equipment.

Replacing the equipment on the mid tier tanks with the correct equipment would have meant equipment originally priced at 500k was now worth 200k.

Dwigt #23 Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2180 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgrasho, on 04 September 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

As Grem pointed out (and which you liked), some people use “we” when they mean “I”.

Which “we” are you referring to?  The average players?  The unicums who want more victims to fire gold at? The WG personalities who get given whatever they need in game?  The WG employees who can’t make the company profits bigger if players don’t move equipment around?

Can I suggest you stop being generic and actually highlight which community the “we” you refer to is?  Because I am fairly certain no sane individual looked at binos and nets and thought, “you know what, I want to pay more for those”.

I also see WG contributors to these forums keep asking, “but how many of your tanks do you play anyway” (or variations of that phrase).  That totally misses the point of the concerns players are raising.  Before Extort 2.0, I had 240 tanks (each with 3 pieces of equipment).  Now I 240 tanks, many with only one or two pieces of equipment, and no certainty that I have enough silver to reequip them all.  There are a few ways to deal with this: throw money at WG (and reward their greed) or decrease the scope of what we play (and reduce our enjoyment and The game’s utility).

You are not going to eat everything in your food cupboard this week but that doesn’t make it acceptable for someone else to lock the cupboard.

The question isn’t how many of the tank we will play, but how many of the tanks we can play.

Extort 2.0 has reduced the scope of our enjoyment.  An equipment sale will enable us to regain the scope of options and possibilities we had before Extort 2.0 was imposed.

As for the missions, they are just another meaningless blur.  There are so many overlapping missions that there is no point playing to missions or trying to work out what you need to do (the mission interface is particularly difficult to use).  The missions rewards are not a target to strive for; they are just something extra that occasionally appears in the end if match summaries.

And offers?  #walletclosed until the mess of Extort 2.0 is resolved.

By "we" I mean us, the players and I was specifically talking about camo and binos. Do you want players on your team running a wrong setup on their tanks because it's free? Sure, no one will prefer to pay more. You may say it's their choice and you're right again, but I can tell you this will ruin the overall gameplay for the team. 

You can still play all the tanks with their current setup unless you want to equip them with the newly added ones or you're running camo binocs on all of them. 

Some players were able to make credits from the changes. If you think that all your setups need to be changed then I understand that it's going to be expensive and hard but I would recommend you to wait for the equipment discount.

sammygo #24 Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15621 battles
Yes Dwight. Indeed. But... #WalletClosed. Bye!

InfernoJack #25 Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45083 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST

Just bought the cheapest package available for £22. Kinda always wanted this tank just for the dozer blade.

Honestly though I wasn't expecting it to be THIS slow.

This tank needs the 810HP engine that the M48 has, which is the tank on which it's based. Hardly a game breaking buff but I feel a much needed buff to make this tank even remotely relevant.

Conclusion: If you don't like slow tanks, give this one a pass.

Eroe_dell_Iride #26 Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5595 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View PostInfernoJack, on 04 September 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

Just bought the cheapest package available for £22. Kinda always wanted this tank just for the dozer blade.

Honestly though I wasn't expecting it to be THIS slow.

This tank needs the 810HP engine that the M48 has, which is the tank on which it's based. Hardly a game breaking buff but I feel a much needed buff to make this tank even remotely relevant.

Conclusion: If you don't like slow tanks, give this one a pass.

It's similar to drive a Super Pershing? 

grasho #27 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 94592 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostDwigt, on 04 September 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

By "we" I mean us, the players and I was specifically talking about camo and binos. Do you want players on your team running a wrong setup on their tanks because it's free? Sure, no one will prefer to pay more. You may say it's their choice and you're right again, but I can tell you this will ruin the overall gameplay for the team. 

Sorry Dwigt, but this is the moment I point and laugh at you.

First off, as a player who has paid a lot in this game, your “we, the players” does not include me.  Your sweeping generalisations are lazy and untrue.

Secondly, what right do I (or you or anyone else) have to decide or demand what equipment other players want or use? That is an authoritarian attitude and suggests we should become bots; behaving and acting only in ways WG approves off.  That means WOT is not a game but is merely an exercise in compliance.  Additionally, your suggestion that it’s all about the team is mistaken - we are not here to support the best players, we are here for fun.  The game also does not reward team play: if I sacrifice myself for the benefit of my team (e.g. taking the damage so a better player doesn’t) I do not get rewarded; I lose credits and exp.

rimmer_the #28 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3871 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T
Really dissapointing headline when we don't really get tank diplomas (in game):angry: Like a MOE but a bit less than that. 

grasho #29 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 94592 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostDwigt, on 04 September 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

Some players were able to make credits from the changes. If you think that all your setups need to be changed then I understand that it's going to be expensive and hard but I would recommend you to wait for the equipment discount.

And this quote is pure stupidity too.  Some people made a profit?  What is the relevance of that statement?  Are you saying we should not moan and be thankful that someone made a profit whilst we made a loss?  Or are you saying our losses are acceptable because some scummy individuals gamed the change? Either way, it’s a pretty stupid thing for customer-facing staff to say.  I suggest you engage brain before hitting the keyboard.

You make no mention of those who made a loss.  

And as you have mentioned an equipment sale, can you confirm one will happen?  Or is it just another meaningless sentence you have typed in the hope it will shut people up?  (A bit like your comment a few weeks ago about the new stupid comms system and the hint we might have sone news on it soon.)

Edited by grasho, 04 September 2020 - 07:32 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #30 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 30407 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD
urgh slow tanks... I reckon if I get it for free by normal playing then so be it. if not then meh...

rimmer_the #31 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3871 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostDwigt, on 04 September 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

Do you want players on your team running a wrong setup on their tanks because it's free?  . You may say it's their choice and you're right again, but I can tell you this will ruin the overall gameplay for the team. 

WG contributed to this with equipment 2.0, adding a lot of equipment and making it harder for a good amount of players to choose. Also, I can also understand those with 30 or more tanks not wanting to go through the effort of respeccing every last tank.

And yes, this is a bit alleviated by demounting kits as a reward, but Eq 2.0 could have been done better, and can still be. Take the chance to change it a bit with the next update

18:35 Added after 3 minutes
18:43 Added after 10 minutes

View PostDwigt, on 04 September 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

. Mind if I ask you how many tanks are you playing? 

So those bad "collector" tanks you sell for quite a lot of real money are not supposed to be played but only rust in the garage ? If people get bored of playing the same maps with the same smallish pool of tanks for 30.000 games they are not allowed to play a much greater variety of tanks at the same time ?

...I think I just heard my wallet closing.

Edited by rimmer_the, 04 September 2020 - 07:45 PM.

grasho #32 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 94592 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View Postrimmer_the, on 04 September 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

I must admit, I’m starting to wonder if Dwigt is a Gaijin mole.  :D

rimmer_the #33 Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3871 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostEroe_dell_Iride, on 04 September 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

It's similar to drive a Super Pershing? 

Super Pershing has virtually the same top speed on paper. I haven't looked at the terrain resistances. Ofc, if its a slow medium, you can put Turbo Charger and BIA on it, but a slow tank has to have some big upsides (like heavy armor) to be worth it. 

Edited by rimmer_the, 04 September 2020 - 08:44 PM.

rimmer_the #34 Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3871 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View Postsaxsan4, on 04 September 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

also it looks FANTASTIC  

05:26 Added after 5 minute

I dont like the big weight attached to it compared to what the RBFM has. Looks very impractical. Luckily in WOT it doesnt get stuck on ridges. 

O_o_Babbuino #35 Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46387 battles
  • [SCOBA] SCOBA

WARNING: The thingy in front is NOT a part of TANK MODEL.

WG you should tell players that! Basicaly it is KA KU.

hjsteg #36 Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32655 battles
  • [WID] WID

View Postrimmer_the, on 04 September 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

WG contributed to this with equipment 2.0, adding a lot of equipment and making it harder for a good amount of players to choose. Also, I can also understand those with 30 or more tanks not wanting to go through the effort of respeccing every last tank.

And yes, this is a bit alleviated by demounting kits as a reward, but Eq 2.0 could have been done better, and can still be. Take the chance to change it a bit with the next update

18:35 Added after 3 minutes
18:43 Added after 10 minutes

So those bad "collector" tanks you sell for quite a lot of real money are not supposed to be played but only rust in the garage ? If people get bored of playing the same maps with the same smallish pool of tanks for 30.000 games they are not allowed to play a much greater variety of tanks at the same time ?

Equipment 2.0 was the last drop for me. With over 400 tanks in the garage, and all of them now have the "wrong" type equipment I just gave up, Regarding Equipment 2.0 they should have sold all mounted equipment and given us full credits back. Then we could equip the tanks again. But no, equipment still on the tank. Amazing how Wargaming treats their customers.

Have not played WOT for a few years now, just logged in a couple of times a year, played a handful of games, and then quit. The game has become too complicated, and the gameplay I loved is gone. So is so many of the tanks I loved, either removed totally or changed tier / nerfed to death. I wish Wargaming could set up the "classic" server again. After they introduced the new physics the game was never the same for me. Now it has become pay2win, and the best players get vastly improved equipment, and with supreme crew the rest of us stand no chance. I want the good old times back.

CausticSoda #37 Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49263 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

View Posthjsteg, on 05 September 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

Equipment 2.0 was the last drop for me. With over 400 tanks in the garage, and all of them now have the "wrong" type equipment I just gave up, Regarding Equipment 2.0 they should have sold all mounted equipment and given us full credits back. Then we could equip the tanks again. But no, equipment still on the tank. Amazing how Wargaming treats their customers.

Have not played WOT for a few years now, just logged in a couple of times a year, played a handful of games, and then quit. The game has become too complicated, and the gameplay I loved is gone. So is so many of the tanks I loved, either removed totally or changed tier / nerfed to death. I wish Wargaming could set up the "classic" server again. After they introduced the new physics the game was never the same for me. Now it has become pay2win, and the best players get vastly improved equipment, and with supreme crew the rest of us stand no chance. I want the good old times back.

Yes I have 250+ tanks and I like to play a wide variety but I have nothing like the amount of EXTRA credits that I would need to equip them as apparantly I was using "wrong" equipment. Now I am limited to play a small amount of tanks that happen to have the "right" gear before the change and are now sub meta or burn all my available credits to try to change a few tanks. That is NOT how I like to play tanks, I play a wide variety not the same tank more than once normally.

If this is a jack of all trades missions then WHERE ARE THE ARTY ONES, THEY ARE A CLASS IN THIS GAME FFS.

Edited by CausticSoda, 05 September 2020 - 08:54 AM.

grasho #38 Posted 05 September 2020 - 09:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 94592 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View Posthjsteg, on 05 September 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

Now it has become pay2win, and the best players get vastly improved equipment, and with supreme crew the rest of us stand no chance. I want the good old times back.

Yep. The funny thing is that the (edited) in Minsk do not seem to understand that their attempts to tempt players into playing the higher tiers is actually discouraging players from playing the higher tiers.

At the moment, the gold spam and resulting need to pay to win at tier X is a huge disincentive to play them.  WG then make bonds “end game” content in the hope that more players will play more tier X games (bringing more money into WG) so the players will earn bonds so they can get better equipment and more success.

However, if you haven’t got the improved equipment, you will lose more games and are just an exp piñata for the players who do have improved equipment.  This means you earn fewer bonds, earn them slower, widening the gulf between those players with improved equipment and those players trying to earn the bonds to get improved equipment.

That is fun if you’re a unicum, but no fun if your are not.  Therefore, players will not bother even trying.  It will not be fun.

It is starting to look more and more that WG’s focus is on using us average players to try to improve the unicums’ and streamers’ performance, as their streams makes the game look more exciting to non-players.

Edited by Dwigt, 08 September 2020 - 02:08 PM.

Archon_Dark #39 Posted 05 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15258 battles
  • [_GR-] _GR-

View Postsaxsan4, on 04 September 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

The M48 Rumppanzer is truly a brilliant tank.

i picked it up in the twitch prime and its a really solid pick. IMO the best tier 8 german medium premium we have at the moment, the gun aim time is fast, but boy, does that armour bounce well, many times people dont know where to shoot, the spade hides the hull so they have to guess what areas to shoot at, you also have a very good boat shaped hull, and actually your tumour isnt as big as 59-patoon and you can work with it. I have had even tier 9 and 10 end up bouncing on me. if you get into a tier 7 game you can roll with the heavies, up close and personal. face hugging can be really useful, i once won a 1v1 agaisnt wz-111 who boucned all his shots on my hull 

The speed is not too bad either, you are no pregoetto BUT i dont find myself falling behind, you get up to your top speed quite quickly on flat ground. Its also versitile, you can play with heavies if in up to tier 9 mm, and if tier 10 you are able to play support roll

I would highly recommend

also it looks FANTASTIC  

No,it's crap

RockyRoller #40 Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 42706 battles
and you could have got the M48 at a lower price a couple of weeks ago making this a more on the price offer.
10:04 Added after 1 minute

View PostCausticSoda, on 05 September 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

Yes I have 250+ tanks and I like to play a wide variety but I have nothing like the amount of EXTRA credits that I would need to equip them as apparantly I was using "wrong" equipment. Now I am limited to play a small amount of tanks that happen to have the "right" gear before the change and are now sub meta or burn all my available credits to try to change a few tanks. That is NOT how I like to play tanks, I play a wide variety not the same tank more than once normally.

If this is a jack of all trades missions then WHERE ARE THE ARTY ONES, THEY ARE A CLASS IN THIS GAME FFS.

You know the reason. If the devs were to give spg missions it would show how broken they were now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users