That might not be their main account.

dUG1 #22 Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37766 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostEchotun, on 08 September 2020 - 02:59 AM, said:

That might not be their main account.

True enough, but its also not an alt that was created to farm referral program, like a lot of people did in the past.

Honestly, would you, or anyone else reading this, randomly create an account, play 9 battles in 1 day, "forget about it" for 3+ months, and then apply with several steps (some of them also needing separate Twitch/Twitter/whatever account) to participate in a giveaway?

And in case you won 15000 gold, had it put on your "forgotten" alt?

:trollface::B

Edited by dUG1, 08 September 2020 - 09:22 AM.

Dwigt #23 Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2022 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAlexMamba, on 07 September 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

They the have a most becomes gifts, all others a big nothing...I think that is big craplike the game is go down last 4 years...

That's how it works! If you're lucky enough you win something if not maybe some other day. You still had the drops during the streams!

View PostUntouchableRo, on 07 September 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

some of the winners are innactive in over 1 year also.... i was feeling lucky as i never won anything and there where 2020 t-shirts, and guess what... nothing again, last time i take part in any event like this, not to mention that gleam ones! Let's see who comes here and says a "Thank you" even for a T-shirt! my vote for Golden joystick and stuff like that is never gonna happen!

Last time we had a Gleam giveaway you complained that we didn't share the winners' nicknames. 

Now that you have a full list of the winners you're still doubting if this is real.

"some of the winners are innactive in over 1 year also" So what? 

View PostLAIKABO55, on 07 September 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

I won 15k gold. Where can i redeem it?

You should receive the code in an email. Check your Promotion, Others, Junk, Spams folders.

If you didn't find your code please send me a PM so I can check it with the team

Congrats! :)

View PostShrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, on 07 September 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

Pretty pointless event but congratulations to the ones who have won the lottery I guess.

If you didn't win anything it doesn't make the event pointless at all. And sure congratulations to everyone who won the lottery, got married, won the jackpot in Vegas...

View PostdUG1, on 07 September 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

Biggest prize winner is:

View PostToni_Bomba, on 07 September 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

i don't think its beginner luck...we smell other stuff! ;)

So we decided to giveaway 1 laptop to an active player and the other one to a fake account. (Rigged)

Couldn't it be that this person had an alt account and wanted to maximize his chances? 

View Postbaljala, on 08 September 2020 - 08:05 AM, said:

Buenos días tengo un problema y es que he borrado el correo que envían con el código ya que me ha tocado una camiseta como puedo conseguir que me lo vuelvan a enviar?

Hello Baljala, I guess Delhroh our Spanish CM contacted you in private. Please check your inbox :)

LAIKABO55 #24 Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36706 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostDwigt, on 08 September 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

You should receive the code in an email. Check your Promotion, Others, Junk, Spams folders.

If you didn't find your code please send me a PM so I can check it with the team

Congrats! :)

I check all folders many times, but nothing...

Edited by Immensive, 15 September 2020 - 03:44 PM.
Fixed the quote

GENERATOR2142 #25 Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17534 battles
  • [RDDTY] RDDTY

Just how many T-shirts is that? :amazed:

Dwigt #26 Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2022 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGENERATOR2142, on 08 September 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Just how many T-shirts is that? :amazed:

We were giving away 2020 T-shirts:) 

The T-shirts winners were already contacted by email. They can redeem the code on the WG store during the checkout.

For the gold and other digital prizes, the email containing the codes were not sent yet. You should expect them soon. Please make sure you check your inbox, spam and promotions folders in the coming days.
Physical goodies winners will not receive an email and will receive their prize at the specified address. 

Ancybot #27 Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23955 battles

Block Quote

So we decided to giveaway 1 laptop to an active player and the other one to a fake account. (Rigged)

Couldn't it be that this person had an alt account and wanted to maximize his chances? 

This is uterly pathetic answer for an employee. People have right to ask why you didnt take into account that people will try to make fake accounts and cheat. This is just cheating and you make a stupid jokes out of it. If you didnt even think about this and you didnt put any exclusion for fake account into regulations, its even more pathetic from your side

People showed  very serious issue and you instead of giving answer to clear the situation, you post some stupid answers that completely miss the point of issue and you try to turn it into some bad joke,  totally ignore fact that in fact, it is not fair for all people who took part in event. IF you thought it was funny, it wasnt. It was literally p a t h e t i c

I'm happy i didnt take part in this and i'm extremely disgusted by the way you answer to people as an WG Staff to everyone who felt cheated

Edited by Ancybot, 09 September 2020 - 10:48 AM.

Dwigt #28 Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2022 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAncybot, on 09 September 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

This is uterly pathetic answer for an employee. People have right to ask why you didnt take into account that people will try to make fake accounts and cheat. This is just cheating and you make a stupid jokes out of it. If you didnt even think about this and you didnt put any exclusion for fake account into regulations, its even more pathetic from your side

People showed  very serious issue and you instead of giving answer to clear the situation, you post some stupid answers that completely miss the point of issue and you try to turn it into some bad joke,  totally ignore fact that in fact, it is not fair for all people who took part in event. IF you thought it was funny, it wasnt. It was literally p a t h e t i c

I'm happy i didnt take part in this and i'm extremely disgusted by the way you answer to people as an WG Staff to everyone who felt cheated

There's a difference between a fake account and an alt account.

The account was created 4 months ago, so it wasn't a bot fake account created to participate in the giveaway. It could be an alt account or someone who left the game and wanted to try his luck! Nothing wrong with that. I'm surprised that you automatically assumed that the giveaway was rigged. The gleam giveaway will also ask you for some personal information and to verify your account. I was serious in my answer/question too but unfortunately didn't get answer.

Ancybot #29 Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23955 battles
Someone used more than one account to participate in giveaway

This is unfair enough to make feel cheated

Edited by Ancybot, 09 September 2020 - 11:55 AM.

GENERATOR2142 #30 Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17534 battles
  • [RDDTY] RDDTY
I assume you cant buy anything else on the same order with the T-shirt if you've won a free one?

UntouchableRo #31 Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43279 battles
  • [DACU5] DACU5

just curious! If your account is banned you can still participate into such events right? if you got 20 accounts/5 chances per account you even get 100 chances to win something more awesome from one of it! cause let's be honest, do you really think a guy that hasn't been active on such a long time could know about such a event! Indeed, promote multiaacount/people that are innactive must deserve a reward!

Should i check Kornelito12, Kornelito123, Kornelito11 or just kornelito? innactiv/multiccount really deserve a reward! Well, WG knows better, congrats to the management from an active account that has past week more games then the guy with 10 accounts that sort of cheated from my point of view at this! Can you feel me?

__FrozeN__ #32 Posted 12 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17392 battles

Hello, I saw I was one of the lucky persons who won a Cobi - 15 Leopard 1 models:

__FrozeN__

This is my nickname, how can I claim this ? or what am I suppose to do ?

Thank you.

Edited by __FrozeN__, 12 September 2020 - 02:06 PM.

Dwigt #33 Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2022 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUntouchableRo, on 10 September 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

just curious! If your account is banned you can still participate into such events right? if you got 20 accounts/5 chances per account you even get 100 chances to win something more awesome from one of it! cause let's be honest, do you really think a guy that hasn't been active on such a long time could know about such a event! Indeed, promote multiaacount/people that are innactive must deserve a reward!

Should i check Kornelito12, Kornelito123, Kornelito11 or just kornelito? innactiv/multiccount really deserve a reward! Well, WG knows better, congrats to the management from an active account that has past week more games then the guy with 10 accounts that sort of cheated from my point of view at this! Can you feel me?

How can you assume once again that the guy cheated or that the giveaway is rigged? How did you know that all the kornelito accounts are linked together? Creating bot accounts is cheating, yes. However, using your alt account or your brother's, kid's or inactive friend's account is not cheating. That's if we ruled out the possibility that kornelito12 created an account, played 9 games then decided to stop.

Do you have any solid evidence that Kornelito12 is a bot account?

View Post__FrozeN__, on 12 September 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:

Hello, I saw I was one of the lucky persons who won a Cobi - 15 Leopard 1 models:

__FrozeN__

This is my nickname, how can I claim this ? or what am I suppose to do ?

Thank you.

Sent you a PM with all the details :)

O__Z_o_n_e #34 Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 684 battles
No headset, no any notification, no reply from SteelSeries and no more hope that I really can get it :D

Dwigt #35 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 2022 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostO__Z_o_n_e, on 14 September 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

No headset, no any notification, no reply from SteelSeries and no more hope that I really can get it :D

Again, like I said in our PM conversation, SteelSeries will ship the headset directly to the address you provided when you entered the giveaway. It takes time to ship a product internationally. The address that SteelSeries have is the one that you provided. :)

O__Z_o_n_e #36 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 684 battles
Ok, I will wait then :)

komaswe #37 Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33150 battles
  • [SWEBA] SWEBA

Hi I won 5 metal posters: 10-Year Anniversary. But I have not received any email or message. What happens?

Regards Komaswe

dulaumich #38 Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14847 battles
  • [EBROS] EBROS

Buenas noches. A mi me toco una camiseta y no he recibido nada. Alguien me podria decir que tengo que hacer para conseguir la camiseta que supuestamente me ha tocado?

Gracias.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users