The Finest Half Hour: Experience The History of WW2 Like Never Before

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Join Richard Cutland in a brand-new World War II History podcast that pays tribute to those who gave their tomorrow for our today.

The full text of the news item

Cobra6 #2 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16625 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You can never honor soldiers like these enough.

People who willingly offer their lives so that you can live in peace need to be cherished and unfortunately nowadays a lot of people tend to forget this.

Cobra 6

Dwigt #3 Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1956 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCobra6, on 15 September 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

People who willingly offer their lives so that you can live in peace need to be cherished and unfortunately nowadays a lot of people tend to forget this.

Cobra 6

Let's not let their courage and bravery go in vain and unrecognized :honoring:

Psticide #4 Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47965 battles
  • [G-ON] G-ON

a podcast, seriously ... u have all the tools, technology, game , tanks and history and here u come with an antequated podcast,  something thats been done a thousand times better on youtube already before. Im even more upset as i have to scour russian sites for any glimpse at future content and what to look forward to end of this year in tanks in the barren news wasteland that is EU... 

Where is our recreation of history and historical tank battles and maps of ww2 history INSIDE the game ...  , i was buying gold and premium for a game and its future development, not a podcast or a twitch stream 

Battle of Kursk, hannut,Raseiniai,brody, el alamein, operation goodwood, etcetra

Edited by Psticide, 16 September 2020 - 12:28 AM.

Echotun #5 Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostPsticide, on 15 September 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

a podcast, seriously ... u have all the tools, technology, game , tanks and history and here u come with an antequated podcast,  something thats been done a thousand times better on youtube already before. Im even more upset as i have to scour russian sites for any glimpse at future content and what to look forward to end of this year in tanks in the barren news wasteland that is EU... 

Where is our recreation of historical tank battles and maps of ww2 history INSIDE the game ...  , i was buying gold and premium for a game and its future development, not a podcast or a twitch stream 

Battle of Kursk, hannut,Raseiniai,brody, el alamein, operation goodwood, etcetra

I thought we would have at least 5 posts of support before the first QQer chimed in. I was wrong...

RockyRoller #6 Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42041 battles

View PostCobra6, on 15 September 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

Cobra 6

worse, there a few people going out of their way to make sure you never hear about the sacrifice made because it is  now 1984

rimmer_the #7 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3782 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostEchotun, on 15 September 2020 - 10:20 PM, said:

I thought we would have at least 5 posts of support before the first QQer chimed in. I was wrong...

First time I\ve seen you admitting it when you were wrong, and not simply abandoning a thread. 

06:11 Added after 2 minute

View PostDwigt, on 15 September 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

Let's not let their courage and bravery go in vain and unrecognized :honoring:

For historical German and Chinese heavy tank crews it will go unrecognized as most of their tanks are made so weak in the game againts their enemies...

Echotun #8 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View Postrimmer_the, on 16 September 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

First time I\ve seen you admitting it when you were wrong, and not simply abandoning a thread. 

06:11 Added after 2 minute

For historical German and Chinese heavy tank crews it will go unrecognized as most of their tanks are made so weak in the game againts their enemies...

Abandoning a thread? Do you seriously expect me to keep track of all responses in all the threads here. If its something relevant I havent responded to, send me a msg. Doesnt matter which of your forum accounts you use :D

Simona2k #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4965 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
Nice story

RockyRoller #10 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42041 battles
 The West has little record of the East crews struggles due to the Cold War, time to rectify that before it's too late?

Unicorn_of_Steel #11 Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22172 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View PostRockyRoller, on 16 September 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

The West has little record of the East crews struggles due to the Cold War, time to rectify that before it's too late?

That's kind of odd. Imo there is more then enough information available in the West about the war on the Eastern Front. I've learned more in school about Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Leningrad, the Pripjat Marshes, the uprise in the getto of Warsaw, the atrocities committed to the civilian populations over there, et cetera than i've learned about the level of destruction and the sometimes exceptional fierce combat in my own country.

E.g., i never knew untill i was 53 that the town i was raised in knew such intense fighting and so much destruction during the liberation, i never learned about the insane battle of Kapelse Veer only 10 km away from my current home, never learned about the Blood River in Overloon, i had never heard of the small villages in the south that where completely destroyed with exceptional loss of civilian lives during the liberation, let alone the intense looting and rapes commited by our liberators, et cetera. That's information that is at danger to be forgotten. Also we never learned about the SS massacres in France and Italy, as opposed tot those in the East. 

No, i don't need more information about the Eastern Front. 

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 17 September 2020 - 08:18 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users