WindSplitter1 #21 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22529 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostCobra6, on 16 September 2020 - 06:14 AM, said:

Fun little light tank to be honest.

Cobra 6

Decent speed and view range, gun accuracy and HESH.

The only thing I find inappropriate is the excessively high reload for its caliber. Otherwise, yes. Indeed it's a good light tank. Reminiscent of Pre 9.17/18 LTs

frange #22 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34365 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

Did buy this one last time it was on sale (during Frontlines) to use as german LT crew trainer to crank up the crew before buying the RU251. Bad choice. Baaaaaaaaaaad choice.

It just gets insta-rekd and raped by all the EBRs and if no EBRs - the LT-432s run circles around it and just obliterate it DPM-wise. The Hwk30 feels just as useful as the "fun" British LTs...

Gremlin182 #23 Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67916 battles

Think I got mine from a loot box I doubt I would have bought it as I already had the M41-90 which is similar.

Like the Black Dog this tank has 3 very useful ammo types the Dog has AP HEAT and HEP which is basically an American version of HESH.

The HWK 30 has APCR premium APCR and HEP I carry all three as 102 pen HEP rounds are pretty useful

rimmer_the #24 Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3818 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostAgility_Squirrel, on 16 September 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

Going by stats it seems like a decent tank, it's just too bad that as long as the wheeled clown cars are in the game, I don't see much point in playing any LT of any tier...

I'm sure you're safe playing LT's on tier 1-4....

Agility_Squirrel #25 Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16698 battles
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2

View Postrimmer_the, on 21 September 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

I'm sure you're safe playing LT's on tier 1-4....

I guess the Gendron-Somua owners need some people to style on too, from time to time, but again, not really interested. Also, there's the issue of those low tiers being practically useless for an older player like me that is also trying to do personal missions for the reward tanks (currently have the StuG IV and T28 HTC), and those require tier VI or above....

xOneTrickPoneyx #26 Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 762 battles

My 2nd tank i bought, started just playing and first buy was the T42...

Now this one was a revelation and i did pondered it alot, and got it... And was the best decision i made so far in this game! 

I love my HWK30!!!!

Yes it is paper basically, everybody will pen this unless they are drunk...

Yes it cant compete with those weird, out of reality and phisics Wheeled vehicles...

Facing a ruskie LT432 is almost suicide since all that can go wrong will, all that can go right for that guy in ruskie tank will go right.. Most of the time...

Lesson i learned immediatly is to read the teams and tanks present, if there is LT and WV already i anounce i will be playing as a regular tank, saves me alot of grief and chat spam, if i go scout i let the team know my intentions and where i am going, i try to support as much as i can the team and i use it as a firefigther since it can relocate fast i read the map and go to where i sense the team is melting and need help, ive even had times i could had run but didnt and stayed till i died to buy time for my team to advance, most times it pays off big, cause not only team pulls it off, but because i rack alot more damage that way and that makes me happy, since damage, especially vs higher tier tanks, means more XP for me, and that is my ultimate goal, win or lose is secondary, especially since i see that some games are unwinnable despite how good you might play them cause of RNG.

But i do love it, the speed enables to get to positions quick, it can really spot, the gun is trolish but not bad, one can make it work, its a tank that demands attention and using your brain to perform, one mistake or a risk taken that went wrong ang you are at the garage very quickly!

But this is the tank that connected with me, i learned the way one plays this very quickly and performance i cant say isnt bad for a newbie with 100+ battles in it so far, one thing i learned is to see what Light or Wheeled vehicles my team and their team has, if there are WV i load the HE immediatly its the perfect counter for those pests, a round that can really annoy alot of those Heavies that think i cant do nothing to them, yes most times im chipping very little of tem but its consistent and if one goes in... Oh boy, oh boy!

For me, was money well spent!

Since in any game is all about having fun, and this tank delivers that in spades!

Edited by xOneTrickPoneyx, 27 September 2020 - 02:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users