• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Torpsi #1 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13081 battles
  • [K4W4L] K4W4L

Hi guys,

In the attached replay you will see that I spotted 80sec after the start of the battle the LT-432 which was immediately destroyed by my team. However, I did not receive any support / spotting damage. Any ideas why this is the case? I would have understood if the spotting damaged had to be shared with others but ZERO support is strange.

Thx and best wishes

Torpsi

*edit*: I could not upload the file, therefore I uploaded it here: http://wotreplays.eu...eld-torpsi-is-3

Edited by Torpsi, 16 September 2020 - 09:34 AM.

Orkbert #2 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30592 battles
You were the one who spotted it first, but then those who were shooting at the LT-432 had it well within their own view range then.

Ancybot #3 Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23955 battles
Well. you get spotting damage when you help your teammates to see enemy. Since they see him on their own, you dont get spotting damage

Torpsi #4 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13081 battles
  • [K4W4L] K4W4L

View PostOrkbert, on 16 September 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

You were the one who spotted it first, but then those who were shooting at the LT-432 had it well within their own view range then.

View PostAncybot, on 16 September 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

Well. you get spotting damage when you help your teammates to see enemy. Since they see him on their own, you dont get spotting damage

With that logic you would rarely get spotting damage. Imagine there is a tank behind a bush, well in my view range but unspotted. ANOTHER tank of my team spots that tank. My teammate would not get spotting damage - which is wrong cause HE DOES GET spotting damage. So were exactly do I misunderstand the spotting damage / view range logic?

Ancybot #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23955 battles
Well no, tank gets spotted, but not by you, you still dont see him by your own view range

lets imagine this like that
you are 100 meters from enemy, there is enemy behind bush for you so you cant see him, your teammate takes different angle, he is 400 meters from enemy, but HE  did spotted him because he had clear vision on his spot

in a result, you are closer to enemy, but you still see him thanks to your teammate, you get 0 assisting damage. He would share spotting damage when your enemy would shoot, lose camo so you would also be able to see him without help of your teammate (means, if your teammate would vanish, you would lose vision of enemy)
While it doesnt happen and he wont do any action so we will we still spotted only by this one tank, your teammates take all the spotting damage done by team

Edited by Ancybot, 16 September 2020 - 05:16 PM.

Torpsi #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13081 battles
  • [K4W4L] K4W4L

Thank you for the explanation! May I summarize in my words to ensure I understood you right:

• If I spot a tank that is in the open and will be shot by a teammate who could see that tank also without me --> I do not get any spotting damage.
  • If I spot a tank that is behind a bush but moved or shot and could be seen by my teammate also without me --> I do not get any spotting damage.
  • If I spot a tank that could not be seen by any teammate (no matter why I could see him and why the others could not) --> I will get the spotting damage.
  • If I spot a tank that others could see as well BUT NOT not the "damage causers" --> I will have to share the spotting damage.

Correct?

rimmer_the #7 Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3793 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostTorpsi, on 16 September 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

Thank you for the explanation! May I summarize in my words to ensure I understood you right:

• If I spot a tank that is in the open and will be shot by a teammate who could see that tank also without me --> I do not get any spotting damage.
  • If I spot a tank that is behind a bush but moved or shot and could be seen by my teammate also without me --> I do not get any spotting damage.
  • If I spot a tank that could not be seen by any teammate (no matter why I could see him and why the others could not) --> I will get the spotting damage.
  • If I spot a tank that others could see as well BUT NOT not the "damage causers" --> I will have to share the spotting damage.

Correct?

yes

yes,  but you get xp for the first spot (the binocs thingy in the AB report)

yes

Not sure.

xp is also explained on the wiki

UrQuan #8 Posted 20 September 2020 - 10:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22982 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTorpsi, on 16 September 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

Correct?

Yes on all accounts.

The last line is why you sometimes can get those weird assistance points in a match. You, & a bunch of others all see a red tank, but the player causing damage cannot see him by himself causing a whole group of tanks to get a little bit of assistance(often the case when artillery strikes a target)

Regarding second line (you spot a tank, but then he shoots/moves, causing his camo to drop) is one of the main reasons you can lose out on spotting damage. Sometimes it means you suddenly have to share your spotting with a bunch of others who now can spot the tank too as he shot/moved. Other time you simply lose it all, as the movement/shooting drops his camo enough to be seen by the damage-dealer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users