World of bots

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #21 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19140 battles

View PostAmphetamineLogic, on 16 September 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Well, I'm a bot. Don't knock it until you try it.

Me too, bot like a boss.

Question is why care when WG clearly don't?

wAr_God_11 #22 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28779 battles
  • [SOUPS] SOUPS
randoms are becoming depressing day by day, rather stare at a wall then play this .

dUG1 #23 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37542 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

At this point, I would rather play with 14 well programmed "AI" bots than 14 clueless, selfish, toxic hurr durr I iz haz tonk "people" that I keep getting lately.

And its fine if someone is new and mid tier - he is still learning.

But doing 0 damage in tier X consistently over XY thousand battles, and blaming the team for it, is quite sad display of human nature.

Tealo #24 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49961 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 16 September 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

You're saying that in 8 years time, there has been almost no reduction in 0:15 battles?

Because, yes, those 0:15 battles were a problem back in 2012 as well...

True in fact it was standard just go though Jingles old replays back in 2012/13:

https://www.youtube....DAVHc7LMd0W0HBj

Back when most people said they had more fun..

When the MM seemed to hand out everyone a series of: Easy, Meduim (can go either way-Balanced!) and Hard (the other side of easy!) Matches ..

(like it was programmed to do or something :harp: maybe magic :ohmy:)

The MM does it very quickly.. It was a good comprise everyone got a game very quickly and everyone got to aleast be on the winning side (even a bot) at least 33% of the time and everyone got a balanced match which can go ethier way and everyone epsecially the Better players got a Challenge to keep them interested.. well At least some of the time maybe not all the time..

Remember there are 5 class's of tank in 10 tiers with a very large disparity between eqiupment setups-Crew skills etc..

Mostly Player Ability from a young kid whom just maybe started playing less than (1000 games) to the likes of the Fame Clan :rolleyes:.. To really good Players like Foch, Cirocn, Skill4ltu etc..

With 30 players per match..

The MM does it's job quite well (good enough) and does It Very Quickly!!

Some may call it Rigging.. To others its Match Making Thats what a MM does..

Edited by Tealo, 16 September 2020 - 09:12 PM.

Robbie_T #25 Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23609 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

YEs its getting nuts nowadays....

Started today solo won the first 2 games ..(with a average team)

Than i started a 2 man platoon and it was discusting...

-Lt's suicide rush (dead in 20 sec) ..or on the redline or saw them today on the heavy line....

-Mediums playing like a paper TD  ..so what happends you drive to med posistion with 5 meds half way you notice you alone and those Fers stopped half way to snipe...

Giving for free away a strategic spot to the enemy.... sometimes in 2min the enemy has 75% map controll and those meds still sniping....

-Top tier tomatoes......its every Fing time tier 8/10 i get 2 to 3 top tier tomatoes.....

The whole team plays average and you  just lose becuase 2 to 3 top  tier are completly useless not bad useless!!

Like today 60TP  and  E100 sniping on the hill on ghost town map...

-People stat padding....how many times i had its a 2 vs 1  and my team mate is just waiting that i dmg the enemy let me die (tier8 vs 10)

And than roll in and finish the enemy...

-faling lemming trains....you get a lemming train you end up alone in a heavy on the heavy side...

Like last weak i was in my 703 double barrel....6 enemys 4 heavys 2 meds vs me alone....and spotted some tds in the back....so say there atleast 8 enemys on my flank

Luckely they where dumb and i holded them like 7 minuts(they should have rushed me)

I look on my map.....i see 13 teammates Fing around with 1 LT and 1 Su 130PM .Just roll in with 13 man and squash that flank....but nobody wants to take a hit..

All playing sniper snitzel....

if you commit 13 man on a flank its should be RUSH RUSH RUSH and not playing like a snipersnitzel.

I remember i was nothing special and sometimes and got carried 

Nowadays its me or/and my platoon have to perform on 120% else its a loss..

and 80% of teh games its top 123 for BBMM  and the rest did absolutly nothing

And the arty BS is getting so annoying....play my heavy have my side on lickdown having fun brawling fight with enemy heavys and than out of nothing 3 hits BOOM BOOM BOOM bye bye 70% health,...

stunned...

Edited by Robbie_T, 17 September 2020 - 01:20 AM.

Ulodwor #26 Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30365 battles

There are bots. Real bots. And lots of them. Just now I got daily mission to be top experience player and so went down to tier III and my trusty Panzer III E. Game went well, got on top of mines, spotted everyone and farmed. So ended up with 1267 Xp. Wow, I must be a great player! But really? Basically most the enemy team never even left their starting plateau, they just sat there. So I looked at the other players in my team and 6 of them had only ever played with 2 tanks, T116 and T-29. And their accounts were from around september 12.

Enemy team had 5 players with accounts not made the last few days. So I fought a team with 5 real players!? I guess my great win was not that impressive after all.... 

And then I recalled the game before. Himmelsdorf and my entire team basically formed a zombie blob around the large building in northwest corner. And sure enough, checked result, same deal there. Bots everywhere. 

Edited by Ulodwor, 17 September 2020 - 02:19 AM.

aleksot #27 Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54327 battles
  • [FF-LT] FF-LT

View PostUlodwor, on 17 September 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

There are bots. Real bots. And lots of them. Just now I got daily mission to be top experience player and so went down to tier III and my trusty Panzer III E. Game went well, got on top of mines, spotted everyone and farmed. So ended up with 1267 Xp. Wow, I must be a great player! But really? Basically most the enemy team never even left their starting plateau, they just sat there. So I looked at the other players in my team and 6 of them had only ever played with 2 tanks, T116 and T-29. And their accounts were from around september 12.

Enemy team had 5 players with accounts not made the last few days. So I fought a team with 5 real players!? I guess my great win was not that impressive after all.... 

And then I recalled the game before. Himmelsdorf and my entire team basically formed a zombie blob around the large building in northwest corner. And sure enough, checked result, same deal there. Bots everywhere. 

Bots, almoust every name is made from 2 words its obvious. How many players make names from 2 words, just look at random players, you wont see them more than 1 in few battles.

Btw 5-8 years ago there were not so many turbo wins/losts like now, when you go and enemy just crushes you after 2 shots made together with all the team. 

Obsessive_Compulsive #28 Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:43 AM

General

• Player
  • 29623 battles

The fast battle situation happens when a significant number of players do something unexpected. All that takes is 1 platoon of top tier tanks to go to the wrong place and camp or wrong place and push hard and the rest follow and 1 side or the other looses. It does not even have to be a platoon, sometimes teams randomly just gel and either all freeze or all push.

It does not even have to be a few tanks. a good scout vs a poor scout on certain maps and it's over before it began.Malinovka and there is only 1 scout per team and it's an EBR 105. Thiers takes the right bush and yours sits in the houses on your side of the field (you know who you are..) and your team losses 2 tanks and another 2 worth of HP at the start, not easy to come back from that.

It has become worse though, mainly because of the XP race WG created in order to allow or perhaps even push players up through the tiers. There is nothing like arriving at tier 10 early and needed credits you do not have to boost sales.

My proof for the above ( just to pre-empt the usual eveidence slueths...) is in the pudding.

Nishi_Kinuyo #29 Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11648 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostUlodwor, on 17 September 2020 - 01:52 AM, said:

I see one very simple and easy fix:

Stop playing in the middle of the night.

Famepackexe #30 Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54560 battles
  • [FARMS] FARMS
Bot 404 checking in :bush:

HMS_Birmingham #31 Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15976 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 16 September 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

Its a negative spiral. Game gets worse, players care less which makes the game worse which makes even more players care less and so on. Its becoming one big clusterfuck if you ask me.

I totally agree with the above statement.

As for bots in the game...

We should never take wot for granted and over look that if you were a newcomer to the game it is with out doubt visually stunning (if your PC can run max textures). Other than those bloody rocks that seem to have some kind of bot control over your tank if your track touches them????  for the best part the rest of the mechanics (rng aside) work well and if you can get in to close 15-13 matches you get a right buzz. All the tanks in the game can make one feel like a kid again. Only instead of driving your matchbox sherman around your bedroom floor your in a whole pixel world pitting the odds again 15 other players.

The problem is once over the honeymoon phase WOT is a single game that is nothing more than the same thing game after game, day after day'.  Every time you click random battles it's 15 players against 15 players on the same postage stamp size maps with the same expected places for each class to go and you dare not stray from the beaten path as someone will always ping you to say where you are supposed to be in your heavy and god help you if they die as they will spend the next 10 minutes blaming you for it. You grind XP to unlock a new tank to then have to grind more XP to unlock modules to then grind credits to mount the modules. Once a game becomes monotonous just as gunslingerXXX points out "players care less which makes the game worse which makes even more players care less and so on." What may seem like a team of bots is probably just a bunch of bored players going through the motions. I'll admit myself that when grinding modules with a 75% crew I'm at such a massive disadvatage playing against +2 mm that for the sake of my own mental health I try my best not care if I win or lose a game and just do what I can for the team.

There is no denying that WG have an ever difficult task keeping the game alive while making it worth their while and hats of to them for doing so and for so long. The introductions of new game modes like Steel hunter have been a great addition to the game but your inevitably going to see a decline in the player base as the game becomes repetitive and so comes the need to have to introduce bots or even reduce it to a single global server. God help us playing against those cheating Ruskies

Edited by HMS_Birmingham, 17 September 2020 - 08:47 AM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #32 Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 10140 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHMS_Birmingham, on 17 September 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

God help us playing against those cheating Ruskies

We are already here baby, and your prayers won't save you from my cheats :B

Star_Puma #33 Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48842 battles
It's more like the world of campers, they stand in one position and don't move from there unless they are in danger. From any type of tank and any level

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users