• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Miepie #41 Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 7105 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOlympusPk, on 17 September 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

Of course it is, but also the M key makes sense to use it as a Minimap ON-OFF switch as it currently/default works for.  

...I have no idea what I mapped that to since I could not think of a reason to regularly use it. If I need it to take a prettier screenshot in a replay or something, I'll just look it up beforehand. :D

Jumping_Turtle #42 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 77107 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Hmmm F4 for Affermative cant be used, except when you point your marker at someone.

F5 for negative can be used always.

Why the difference ? Same as for Thank You!

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 17 September 2020 - 12:53 PM.

WindSplitter1 #43 Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22481 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostKeyhand, on 17 September 2020 - 07:43 AM, said:

Taking into account the strain that parts of the development department may be under due to their physical location I would think the reaction speed was still good.

Indeed.

That's a neat perspective and quite eloquently well said.

HansiVonHinten #44 Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52179 battles

"Fixed some technical issues".
OH, that's why I could pen Soviet tanks.

btw. Mario Karts are still in the game, so the biggest technical issue is still NOT solved.

HansiVonHinten #45 Posted 17 September 2020 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52179 battles
One more thing: Why the F did you remove the module change from garage?

mawi29 #46 Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 83412 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
very happy to see Affirmative and Negative to be back, but dissapointed they are not back in the (Z) command wheel...

grasho #47 Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 94239 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostGremlin182, on 16 September 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

The map icons I can live with they are better than just a ping on the map.

The original message hub with 6 default messages and more available depending on tank you were driving and target selected were basically very good.

Some mods allowed for many more messages, there was the basis for a system where we could have 18 messages and if that wasn't enough a simple shift command could have added even more.

36 messages and or phrases probably covers all eventualities most games probably 3 or 4 is enough.

The voice messages are a little unclear but maybe that's my imperfect hearing I usually have to check the message window to know for sure.

36 messages strikes me as far too complicated.  I also consider the message wheel as a huge disincentive to communicate - it requires the player to unfocus (real word? :teethhappy:) from the match and potential targets which causes an avoidable reaction delay.  A teammate who Is navigating the comms wheel is a liability in critical situations which, ironically, is when you need communication.

”Hey enemy tank, please don’t peek-a-boom me for the next 5 seconds as I need to switch focus away from the corner you will pop out of, move the camera to my teammate whilst pressing the right mouse button, press Z, read multiple options, decide which option to select, move the mouse (whilst still holding the right mouse button), left click the selected option then move camera focus back to the corner you have just popped out of and blown me up from...” 

What is more useful is a comms option that does not require me to unfocus on a potential target / critical moment. A huge (36 is huge) range of options is also unnecessary.  Instead, a quick sequence of simple messages can provide numerous conversations.

For example, a comms option of “In 3 seconds, you go left, I go right and let’s flank this blocker” and confirmation would be good.  However, having to find it within 36 options would be difficult.

Instead, a quick combination of standard commands could have the same effect: attention to location, help? [confirmation], go now [confirmation]

We don’t need numerous comms commands, we just need simple conversations, and there are probably sufficient function keys to enable those conversations.

It would also enable us to retain focus and camera angles at critical moments.

The comms wheel is too complex which is probably why comms is rarely used.

(Oh, and don’t get me started on the stupidity of “mountain, ridge, gulch, Yuri’s winkle” markers at the start of the game, plus the “I am driving here” and “x number of players are going here” markers.  Who give a f...?  They are just yolo magnets.)

Keyhand #48 Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 68769 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostMiepie, on 17 September 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

Are you calling them "fat and too far away from the coffee machine"? :ohmy:

No, I am saying you should read the news.

View PostWindSplitter1, on 17 September 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

Indeed.

That's a neat perspective and quite eloquently well said.

Thank you.

BSHDBCG #49 Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7131 battles

View PostDwigt, on 17 September 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

I don't think it was just a matter of undoing the recent changes. The quick commands were not the only feature they've been working on and I guess it's better to have one big micro patch with several fixes and improvements rather than having different small ones every now and then.

It still has a section or seperate file in the code where it is handled, unless the coders are totally weird and just inject random code into wherever they might be working at the moment.

GalacticGun #50 Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32578 battles
  • [GD-WR] GD-WR
Please add affirmative and negative to empty slots in mouse menu as well, its uncomfortable for many people to use F* keys.

Covenant_R #51 Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12765 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostGalacticGun, on 19 September 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

Please add affirmative and negative to empty slots in mouse menu as well, its uncomfortable for many people to use F* keys.

^This

Not everyone plays using WASD, I use numpad bindings because i have a keyboard with extra keys around it so having same keys in all games is great, but special game modes never use rebindable function, steelhunter uses X for radar, instead of an existing function. Having such things available in the mouse menu would be great. WoT should really look at world of warships in this regard where you can find all functions, or just use the commo menu.

KinkyTail #52 Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3412 battles
  • [8RAIN] 8RAIN
Has the update from today also fixed the problem we are having with the battle result tabs after clanbattles ? Game is freezing the moment you want to look at the team results or your own statstab.

Truntea #53 Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1492 battles
Todays update did not fix the missing BP points on the mini report to the right bottom side of the screen. *sighs*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users