Jump to content


Server lagging


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

BudgeDragon #1 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16339 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    12-15-2013

Hi, 

 

please, could someone competent explain to me why the server is always laggin in the evening? Is it the situation in Belarus or aren't we paying enough or what's up?

 

Like every day towards the evening the ping goes up to 110-160 which is not usual , since I usually run on 20-60, and I need to state that my internet connection is working just fine.

 

Thanks!


Edited by BudgeDragon, 16 September 2020 - 05:37 PM.


FrantisekBascovansky #2 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48033 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018
Yep... i have "100ms" suddenly, but masssive lag spikes in game. Unplayable ATM.

unhappy__bunny #3 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 21813 battles
  • 4,768
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

The servers are in Amsterdam and Luxemborg, not Belarus. 

Most likely problem is something cause a delay in thraffic between your PC and the servers and back again. Something like a node or cables in Germany. 

Best thing you can do is to run Pingplotter, point it at the server you are playing on, let it run for a couple of battles, then save the trace and post it here. 



BudgeDragon #4 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16339 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    12-15-2013

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 16 September 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

The servers are in Amsterdam and Luxemborg, not Belarus.

 

I was being facetious ;)

 

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 16 September 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

Most likely problem is something cause a delay in thraffic between your PC and the servers and back again. Something like a node or cables in Germany. 

Best thing you can do is to run Pingplotter, point it at the server you are playing on, let it run for a couple of battles, then save the trace and post it here. 

 

Alright. I might give that a go. For now I have used speedtest to check to my ping & speed to Amsterdam and Luxembourg I am doing fine (40 ping to Lux., 60 to Amst.). Also, I have had the same internet connection for years, never had issues, only now I am having issues when some days in the evening the servers are laggin. I also ask people in game chat if they having the same problem and many have confirmed (like the fella above). That's why I'm asking if there are any known issues, because there's been no announcement.



malachi6 #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51526 battles
  • 4,852
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostBudgeDragon, on 16 September 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

 

I was being facetious ;)

 

 

Alright. I might give that a go. For now I have used speedtest to check to my ping & speed to Amsterdam and Luxembourg I am doing fine (40 ping to Lux., 60 to Amst.). Also, I have had the same internet connection for years, never had issues, only now I am having issues when some days in the evening the servers are laggin. I also ask people in game chat if they having the same problem and many have confirmed (like the fella above). That's why I'm asking if there are any known issues, because there's been no announcement.

 

 

Looking at the speedtest servers is not looking at the WG servers.  Length of time of a service and its reliability are not linked.  Your ISp may have changed routing or be experiencing higher loads due to issues elsewhere routing traffic through them.  Use pingplotter and point it at the WG servers.  Search online for it, somebody else here can give you the correct address to point it to.



BudgeDragon #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16339 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    12-15-2013

View Postmalachi6, on 16 September 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

 

 

Looking at the speedtest servers is not looking at the WG servers.  Length of time of a service and its reliability are not linked.  Your ISp may have changed routing or be experiencing higher loads due to issues elsewhere routing traffic through them.  Use pingplotter and point it at the WG servers.  Search online for it, somebody else here can give you the correct address to point it to.

 

Thank you for the input. I'ma look at the pingplotter and see. It is possible my ISP has done something , but then other players' ISPs must of done something as well , since people have confirmed that they are experiencing lags in the evening. That's why I have come here asking, because I find it less likely that everybody's internet is bad in the evening. If it was only me, I wouldn't come here on forum.



Tomax96 #7 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23329 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015

View PostBudgeDragon, on 16 September 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

 

Thank you for the input. I'ma look at the pingplotter and see. It is possible my ISP has done something , but then other players' ISPs must of done something as well , since people have confirmed that they are experiencing lags in the evening. That's why I have come here asking, because I find it less likely that everybody's internet is bad in the evening. If it was only me, I wouldn't come here on forum.


I've had a 100 ping on both servers all day, it's unplayable. It started this morning, my ping is usually between 20 and 30. I'm from Hungary, something must be wrong between me and the servers. Idk if any other people experienced it.



kardinalkomin #8 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27500 battles
  • 5
  • [USO] USO
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011

hi, same here. All day long.

 

 



FrantisekBascovansky #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48033 battles
  • 1,107
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

my gameplay tonight goes like 3 seconds normal/1s lag/5sec normal/2 sec lag...... tanks jumping places instead of continuous movement



sammygo #10 Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14487 battles
  • 176
  • Member since:
    11-17-2018
I'm experiencing severe lags as well. Often 10s. My tank drives off cliffs, right to the enemy etc. Unplayable.

Slyspy #11 Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 15519 battles
  • 18,345
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Well the one and only person who actually bothered to run pingplotter and post their results saw packet loss at a node in Germany belonging to those giants of European infrastructure, Telia.

kardinalkomin #12 Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27500 battles
  • 5
  • [USO] USO
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011

View PostSlyspy, on 18 September 2020 - 12:18 AM, said:

Well the one and only person who actually bothered to run pingplotter and post their results saw packet loss at a node in Germany belonging to those giants of European infrastructure, Telia.

Yes, it seems to be ok now.



Shacou #13 Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25166 battles
  • 1,070
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
Thoughts and prayers, we cannot do anything else.

Homer_J #14 Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:11 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34005 battles
  • 39,011
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBudgeDragon, on 16 September 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

 

Thank you for the input. I'ma look at the pingplotter and see. It is possible my ISP has done something , but then other players' ISPs must of done something as well , since people have confirmed that they are experiencing lags in the evening.

 

And how is that at all surprising?

 

ISP's are in general pretty dire.  If you can open websites and stream Youtube they consider they have done their job.



Sephinoth #15 Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 18811 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    10-04-2012
Last week i have constant problems, instead 60ms, 130ms ping, whit heavy lagging,...

unhappy__bunny #16 Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:06 PM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 21813 battles
  • 4,768
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostSephinoth, on 18 September 2020 - 05:50 PM, said:

Last week i have constant problems, instead 60ms, 130ms ping, whit heavy lagging,...


So are you doing anything to try and find out what the cause might be? 



BudgeDragon #17 Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:41 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16339 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    12-15-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 18 September 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

And how is that at all surprising?

 

ISP's are in general pretty dire.  If you can open websites and stream Youtube they consider they have done their job.

 

It's not surprising , but then again I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was on WG's side and nobody has informed the player base. There seems to be a problem in one of the nods in Germany. Whoever's fault that is , I am done with the game until it's fixed. Not torturing myself with 100+ ping and EBRs teleporting all over map.



unhappy__bunny #18 Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 21813 battles
  • 4,768
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostBudgeDragon, on 19 September 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

 

It's not surprising , but then again I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was on WG's side and nobody has informed the player base. There seems to be a problem in one of the nods in Germany. Whoever's fault that is , I am done with the game until it's fixed. Not torturing myself with 100+ ping and EBRs teleporting all over map.


Well you can try and do something about it.

You can identify the failing node and find out who owns it.

You can then inform your ISP and ask if they can reroute your traffic.

You can contact the owner of the node and complain.

If the node is within the EU and if you are an EU citizen, you can complain to the EU commissioner responsible for Telecoms. 

I won't say you be successful, but at least you will have the satisfaction of having made an effort, and who knows? You might just get someone to pull their finger out. 



Homer_J #19 Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34005 battles
  • 39,011
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBudgeDragon, on 19 September 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

 

It's not surprising , but then again I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was on WG's side and nobody has informed the player base. There seems to be a problem in one of the nods in Germany. Whoever's fault that is , I am done with the game until it's fixed. Not torturing myself with 100+ ping and EBRs teleporting all over map.

 

It always seems so bizarre to me that people want to blame WG, who provide a free game, but are reluctant to blame their ISP, who they pay to provide a service. :facepalm:



BudgeDragon #20 Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16339 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    12-15-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 19 September 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

It always seems so bizarre to me that people want to blame WG, who provide a free game, but are reluctant to blame their ISP, who they pay to provide a service. :facepalm:

 

Not once have I blamed WG. All I said was it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't inform the player base about an issue they might be having. Now this comes from years of WG not giving an F about the player base and/or their opinion. On the other hand, unlike WG, my ISP has always provided excellent service. Also, free game really? Man the audacity you have... :rolleyes:

 

 

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

Well you can try and do something about it.

You can identify the failing node and find out who owns it.

You can then inform your ISP and ask if they can reroute your traffic.

You can contact the owner of the node and complain.

If the node is within the EU and if you are an EU citizen, you can complain to the EU commissioner responsible for Telecoms. 

I won't say you be successful, but at least you will have the satisfaction of having made an effort, and who knows? You might just get someone to pull their finger out. 

 

Gonna take a while, but thanks for the ideas man. Appreciate it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users