• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

AnInnocentKitten #21 Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23613 battles
  • [SL3M] SL3M

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 18 September 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

Or may be you are being routed via an ISP or country that is experiencing Internet problems. 

Have you tried running Pingplotter while playing? That will give an indication of where the problem is.

That's what I mean with "peering". This could be my ISP, any transitions to the host of WG's servers or the host itself. Ping plotter only tells me what's obvious from my in-game expierience: packets are dropped for some reason out of my influence (I am basically sitting behind carrier grade hardware).

WG (or the companies hosting the game servers) should always try to monitor latencies to its clients and try to find out, whether important routes are congested or otherwise interrupted. If something is up, they have more leverage to discuss those issues with their peering partners.

unhappy__bunny #22 Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:13 AM

Brigadier

• 21864 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostAnInnocentKitten, on 18 September 2020 - 10:38 PM, said:

That's what I mean with "peering". This could be my ISP, any transitions to the host of WG's servers or the host itself. Ping plotter only tells me what's obvious from my in-game expierience: packets are dropped for some reason out of my influence (I am basically sitting behind carrier grade hardware).

WG (or the companies hosting the game servers) should always try to monitor latencies to its clients and try to find out, whether important routes are congested or otherwise interrupted. If something is up, they have more leverage to discuss those issues with their peering partners.

So have you run Pingplotter? If so, has it indicated any point between you and the server that is causing your problem? 

You cannot expect WG to monitor every link to every player, nor can you expect them to have any more influence on ISPs along the routes than the player. Just like players, WG have a contract with their ISP for connection to the Internet. They have no contract with the ISPs or Telcos that provide the rest of the Internet infrastructure. 

If you can provide WG's support with details of your problem, assuming it is a particular node, they might be able to get their ISP to see if traffic can be rerouted to bypass that node, just as you can give that information to your ISP and ask them if they can do the same. 

Or you can use the info from Pingplotter to identify the owner (Telco) of that node and contact them yourself. 

If every player that suffers lag, ran something like Pinplotter, and identified the node and Telco responsible and then contacted that Telco, maybe the problem areas would get fixed quicker. And if you get no satisfaction from the Telco, contact the EU Commision responsible, and see if they can put pressure on the Telco. If you are an EU citizen then you have the right to complain to the Comissioner. 

Rod666CZ #23 Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 38874 battles
  • [MIAMI] MIAMI

Well my last 4 days on World of Tanks...

16.9.2020 during day: everything is ok... 18:00 CET+ lagspikes like hell
17.9.2020 during day: dont know didnt played.... 18:00 CET+ lagspikes and game is totaly unplayable... 

18.9.2020 at morning gameplay maybe 1 hour between 9-10 AM game is relative OK.... 18:00 CET+ also tested 21:00 CET lagspikes are so high and game is totaly unplayable... AGAIN

19.9.2020 since 10:30 AM lagspikes continues... and game is still unplayable...

thanks for not enjoying payed premium account.... 

BTW tested on another games e.g. CoD MW, Trackmania or some software e.g. pingploter and problem is only on login.p1.worldoftanks.eu or login.p2.worldoftanks.eu. (see screenshot : https://imgshare.io/image/ping.NA25yP ;) everything else running without problems ( CoD 30-50ms and 0 Packet lost during an hour gameplay ).... 

Same problems got my clanmates from diferent places over CzechRepublic and Slovakia...

Edited by Rod666CZ, 19 September 2020 - 11:06 AM.

FrantisekBascovansky #24 Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49336 battles
WG pls fix your servers. Lag spikes makes this game is unplayable again. 2pm!

Bordhaw #25 Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16872 battles
999ms both servers

Homer_J #26 Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:29 PM

Field Marshal

• 34040 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAnInnocentKitten, on 18 September 2020 - 11:38 PM, said:

Ummm... no.  It tells you much more than that.

I'm sure they do to the extent they have control over but if you are expecting them to monitor on an individual level down your entire route then you are sadly going to be disappointed.

SmrtiacaKraska #27 Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21742 battles
  • [-TVL-] -TVL-

Hi to all,

i have unfortunately the same problem with huge packet loss last few days.

I created a ticket for WG support, but they obviously just responded with autoreply bull**its. I send them PingPlotter reports where they can see problems with their servers, but they just ignored them, ofc.

Game is not playable anymore. Here is same evidences for others which have the same issue:

EU1:

Posted Image

EU2:

Posted Image

Im connected through Ethernet (Telekom optical network). I tried to swap modem for new one, did not help at all.

They just ignoring this problem as always and my PREMIUM days are going to hell, because i cant play game at all.

Edited by SmrtiacaKraska, 19 September 2020 - 07:38 PM.

aleksot #28 Posted 20 September 2020 - 07:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55485 battles
  • [FF-LT] FF-LT
Yes, there are lags and playing in platoon from different countries we whine at the same time, and i noticed mostly on eu2 server

Inappropriate_noob #29 Posted 20 September 2020 - 10:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19407 battles
The self same thing is happening in WoW's (could you imagine how bad it might be in WoWP's?) causing game freeze and stuttering hiccups which are annoying at best trash at worst when you get booted out of the game, only once you have pressed battle ofc, I am certainly leaning to the fact it is a problem with WG, or the companies who run their server's, the usual poor show that we have come to expect from this company.

FrantisekBascovansky #30 Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49336 battles

Today, lags are still present, with tanks teleporting. Not very playable again...

http://wotreplays.eu...-m2_medium_tank

_Signal_ #31 Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51222 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 16 September 2020 - 09:55 PM, said:

Can I suggest you all run a Pingplotter trace and see if there is common point at which the problem is occurring? 

It could show that at some point your data is routed through the same node or nodes owned by the same ISP.

Collaboration is the way forward. 

Strangely enough the same place everytime I run it, WG servers...

RoziMaslacak #32 Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19180 battles
  • [7-GBR] 7-GBR
No

Temster #33 Posted 20 September 2020 - 07:15 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 33553 battles
  • [DAFFY] DAFFY

I have problems with packet loss for month now. Talked with my provider and he told me that there is problem on way from me to WG servers, but he cant do anything to help me with that.

After some test for me it looks that ...atlas.cogentco.com servers/routers are causing problems for me. This happens once per few years...and i need to stop playing WOT. This is only game i know that if you lost even 1 packet game start to freeze, tanks teleporting and your aim circle jumps like crazy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users