gameplay unbalanced unplayable

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

stormermp #1 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 55318 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Nowadays with WoT the more you play the game after/before work or you no lifing in it,you come to the conclusion that the game is becoming increasingly more toxic,harder to play competitevly,harder to play in general as you do normally because there is so much abysmally bad players which leads to POOR match balance and bad landslide game where is little joy or sportmanship in the matches.Why doesn't WG address these game balance issues?maybe WG don't care anymore?and will just introduce new tanks and stickers into the game as well as more p2w elements and gambling mechanics into the game to beat the sick horse until it croaks?Then why should you pay for their game and pay their bills,if WG themselves doesn't care about the issues that plagues the game and it's players?

Edited by stormermp, 14 October 2020 - 12:35 PM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #2 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11054 battles
  • [_N0D_] _N0D_
Dude, 50k battles. And you seriously wonder why it isn't fun anymore?

Steeleye_Spam #3 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40564 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
This is a common complaint, which I don't see reflects the reality. Unless someone has stats showing, on a reliable metric, that the player base is getting worse, I think its ye olde confirmation bias. There have been inbalances since i started playing. There have been ptw elements since i started playing.

BSHDBCG #4 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7216 battles

Try doing this:

After each battle, write to the worst player on the team and politely tell the person a single thing there can improve their game play.

If you get a toxic reply, put them on the blacklist, if they say thanks then all the better.

It is an easy way to sort out those who are bad for the game and those there actually want to play.

The Blacklist marking in the game will then show you which ones never to stay near in the future.

mpf1959 #5 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 41193 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostBSHDBCG, on 14 October 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

Try doing this:

After each battle, write to the worst player on the team and politely tell the person a single thing there can improve their game play.

If you get a toxic reply, put them on the blacklist, if they say thanks then all the better.

It is an easy way to sort out those who are bad for the game and those there actually want to play.

The Blacklist marking in the game will then show you which ones never to stay near in the future.

:amazed:

Miepie #6 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 7321 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Poststormermp, on 14 October 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

Nowadays with WoT the more you play the game after/before work or you no lifing in it,you come to the conclusion that the game is becoming increasingly more toxic

If you hate toxicity so much, you should contact Twitch Support. A week and a half ago some evildoer was abusing your exact nickname to throw swearwords at DezGamez in his channel chat because he was giving away lootboxes instead of playing battles. :ohmy:

LethalWalou #7 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36769 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 14 October 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

Dude, 50k battles. And you seriously wonder why it isn't fun anymore?

Pretty sure he actually came to the conclusion of hating the game at 20k battles already, but forced 30k more to become even angrier...

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 65498 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLethalWalou, on 14 October 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

Pretty sure he actually came to the conclusion of hating the game at 20k battles already, but forced 30k more to become even angrier...

A second opinion ;)

shikaka9 #9 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 83062 battles
  • [M-W-B] M-W-B
They never really cared :P

krismorgan #10 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39892 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
He has valid points as to the game.

qpranger #11 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostBSHDBCG, on 14 October 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

I will gladly do that as soon as brain tissue transplants become widely available.

BSHDBCG #12 Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7216 battles

View Postqpranger, on 14 October 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

I will gladly do that as soon as brain tissue transplants become widely available.

Well do suggest it to them once it is available.

:trollface:

Discontinued #13 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2012 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The trouble is because of people like me, I really don't care about winning anymore, as with almost any multi player online game you will always get a mix of very good and very bad players, and many in between.

Unfortunately having chat turned off i rarely see the toxicity and sadly I only get the odd abusive private message which is to say the least disappointing considering how massively noob i am!

As many others have said many times getting wound up or angry about things you have no power over is a waste of energy. 

my advice is to take a break, try some AAA titles and realise how badly they suck and even SBMM games will leave you with shockingly bad teams one game and pros the next. I'm afraid to say it just goes with the territory

most of the big AAA developers have appalling Customer services and and equally toxic players

Try COD warzone or Destiny 2 and you'll come back to WOT with a fresh outlook

Check out Disco's skills with a handgun!

Also my current go to game when I'm annoyed is Fallguys

Lord_Jerec #14 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8192 battles
  • [-U-K-] -U-K-

Its just poor match making, that I'm sure WG could easily filter, I mean what is the point of having stats that you can look up in the game if they dont apply them to anything in the game? Just used as Flame fodder for the toxic keyboard warriors out there.

But they don't, possible because of the dwindling player base, or maybe just because they can't be arsed to do it for whatever the reason.

Sure if all the Sub 50% players are pooled together, eventually some will rise and into the Pro 50% and join the "Good" players.

Famepackexe #15 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55656 battles
  • [FARMS] FARMS
Tbh i have stopped getting triggered by people in random battles i just focus on whats happening in the battle and keep an eye on minimap.I always try to win and do some damage.Its not worth it to get angry.If someone sends me a bad pm i will have some fun with him :trollface:

spamhamstar #16 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostLord_Jerec, on 15 October 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

Its just poor match making, that I'm sure WG could easily filter, I mean what is the point of having stats that you can look up in the game if they dont apply them to anything in the game? Just used as Flame fodder for the toxic keyboard warriors out there.

But they don't, possible because of the dwindling player base, or maybe just because they can't be arsed to do it for whatever the reason.

Sure if all the Sub 50% players are pooled together, eventually some will rise and into the Pro 50% and join the "Good" players.

Sure they would, but then they'd be put up a tier in the mm & face only players with 50+% winrates & drop right back down again.  In the meantime players who already had 50+% winrates would be droppig down because they'd only be facing equal or better players.  So you'd be penalising players as they improved.

Lord_Jerec #17 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8192 battles
  • [-U-K-] -U-K-

View Postspamhamstar, on 15 October 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Sure they would, but then they'd be put up a tier in the mm & face only players with 50+% winrates & drop right back down again.  In the meantime players who already had 50+% winrates would be droppig down because they'd only be facing equal or better players.  So you'd be penalising players as they improved.

No one its penalised because its an even keel, its balanced.

Those players that do well frequently and excel will move up to the better players, those that don't will fall until they are against players that are on their level and will probably linger there until they either improve or get even worse and drop further.

I can't see anything bad in that?

Private_Miros #18 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31915 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostLord_Jerec, on 15 October 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

It would also mean that the most frustrated class of players (slightly over average ones, that know they play well, but feel they are hampered by bad teams the most, as they lack the skill to work with or past them in most occasions as the better players do) would become the new 42%er, as they'd only meet better players in their team and on the enemy team.

Not sure that consistently having them do 300 damage per game and dying is something that would help their enjoyment of the game.

You need bad players for an average player to be average.

XOR42 #19 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24343 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Poststormermp, on 14 October 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

you come to the conclusion that the game is becoming increasingly more toxic

I don't 

Block Quote

harder to play competitevly

Hmm. Maybe not.

Block Quote

harder to play in general as you do normally because there is so much abysmally bad players which leads to POOR match balance and bad landslide game where is little joy or sportmanship in the matches

The player base is quite diverse, I know first hand of several players over 70, I know my handicapped son likes to play - to the point, I don't think it wise to generalise about the player bases skill, it's a free to play game and I expect everyone on the skill curve is going to be in there somewhere. I've never minded that random means random - sometimes you get good teams, sometimes bad, it's part of the charm. As to sportsmanship, I expect it of myself, but no one else, that way I am pleasantly surprised when I see it - that's the best you can do with internet anonymity IMHO. 

qpranger #20 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 15 October 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

It would also mean that the most frustrated class of players (slightly over average ones, that know they play well, but feel they are hampered by bad teams the most, as they lack the skill to work with or past them in most occasions as the better players do) ...

Funny how I appeared to lack that skill to work with or past bad team mates in WOT despite playing it for many years, yet gained it almost immediately after starting War Thunder. Maybe it is not me who lacks something, maybe it is WOT.

Also tagged with gameplay, unbalanced, unplayable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users