map

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Ziurawka #1 Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30396 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

Hi everyone, I hope you're all in good health and retaining your sanity :)

I'm reaching out cause I've encountered a pretty annoying issue and I was wondering if I'm the only one. 

WG, as I'm sure you're all aware, are well known for their top notch abilities in map design. 

Being unable to appreciate the amazing skill and hours of hard work put into creating those masterpieces I'd gladly block half of them. 

Unfortunately, having a premium account, I can only block two. 

It somehow made me feel better, and even though it was a hard choice I settled with Fjords and the more recent gem - Berlin. 

Since then I've never seen Fjords, day by day I miss the one-sided hill approach and its wondrous corridors. 

But Berlin is something I see quite frequently.

I dare say that I see it more frequently than Malinovka :)

Also, it's doesn't seem like it's the only option for the matchmaker, all of the Berlin battles started right after I hit the battle button, 2-3 seconds of delay tops. 

Does anybody else experience the same? 

I'm pretty sure the "Exclude map" feature wasn't supposed to work this way.

Or is it just a nudge from WG to give their recent masterpiece a chance? ;) 

BethHarmon #2 Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:48 PM

Grandmaster and world champion

• 342 battles
Do you have Encounter mode and Assault mode enabled? Map exclusion does not work for these 2 modes.

Private_Miros #3 Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32913 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

As the feature in game explains, it only covers standard game mode maps and tier 4+.

So if you block Himmelsdorf and Ghost town yet play tier 1-10 and have encounter and assault enabled, you'll still see Himmelsdorf a lot low tier and you'll see a lot of Ghost town in encounter and assault.

Ziurawka #4 Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30396 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 16 October 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

Do you have Encounter mode and Assault mode enabled? Map exclusion does not work for these 2 modes.

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 16 October 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

As the feature in game explains, it only covers standard game mode maps and tier 4+.

So if you block Himmelsdorf and Ghost town yet play tier 1-10 and have encounter and assault enabled, you'll still see Himmelsdorf a lot low tier and you'll see a lot of Ghost town in encounter and assault.

Ok guys ... Case closed, I do have encounter on. Didn't see Fjords because it doesn't have an encounter option.

Tough luck, I guess I'll disable Fisherman Bay instead ;) it used to be pretty decent map a while back. 

Bordhaw #5 Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17434 battles

View PostZiurawka, on 16 October 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

Ok guys ... Case closed, I do have encounter on. 

People still play Encounter?

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostZiurawka, on 16 October 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

Hi everyone, I hope you're all in good health and retaining your sanity :)

I'm reaching out cause I've encountered a pretty annoying issue and I was wondering if I'm the only one. 

WG, as I'm sure you're all aware, are well known for their top notch abilities in map design. 

Being unable to appreciate the amazing skill and hours of hard work put into creating those masterpieces I'd gladly block half of them. 

Unfortunately, having a premium account, I can only block two. 

It somehow made me feel better, and even though it was a hard choice I settled with Fjords and the more recent gem - Berlin. 

Since then I've never seen Fjords, day by day I miss the one-sided hill approach and its wondrous corridors. 

But Berlin is something I see quite frequently.

I dare say that I see it more frequently than Malinovka :)

Also, it's doesn't seem like it's the only option for the matchmaker, all of the Berlin battles started right after I hit the battle button, 2-3 seconds of delay tops. 

Does anybody else experience the same? 

I'm pretty sure the "Exclude map" feature wasn't supposed to work this way.

Or is it just a nudge from WG to give their recent masterpiece a chance? ;) 

This is just a problem with WGS stupid idea that map exclusion isnt really map exclusion, it is only excluding the maps standard form. If map have encounter, like Berlin, you will still see it. Because.... WG logic and WG interpretation of exclusion.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 81262 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 16 October 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

Ah, all that sarcasm for nothing.

Instead, you've just shown after nearly 30 thousand games, you still have things to grasp and need to exclude maps to boost your stats.

Oh well.

Well... If I had encounter on still and had most of my games with fast cap. I suspect my WR would be 2% lower. So turning that off for some is padding alone. 

View PostZlatanArKung, on 16 October 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

This is just a problem with WGS stupid idea that map exclusion isnt really map exclusion, it is only excluding the maps standard form. If map have encounter, like Berlin, you will still see it. Because.... WG logic and WG interpretation of exclusion.

As the patch notes said when the system was added "Map exclusion is not final and is still subject to change". Thing is that Enks on encounter is not the same map as standard battle Ensk. Not just on the visual, and the paths that are blocked off, or even holes in buildings that are gone considering where the cap is. But in filenames too. So all maps are named differently on all 3 modes. Even tho it's the "same map". 

Now you can ofc argue that WG should just add all 3 when you add one map. And that they should add all map variants and modes for it when you add it. Tho it's yet to be added, who knows if... or even when. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 October 2020 - 06:47 PM.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37920 battles
  • [SIWA] SIWA

View PostZlatanArKung, on 16 October 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

The maps are different and play different in different modes. Even though the base name of the map is same, the map isn't same. For example in Ensk encounter the windows around the cap are blocked off while in standard they aren't.

StronkiTonki #9 Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 38449 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST
This topic again... :facepalm:

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 16 October 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

The maps are different and play different in different modes. Even though the base name of the map is same, the map isn't same. For example in Ensk encounter the windows around the cap are blocked off while in standard they aren't.

So nice that we have the opportunity to remove Ensk encounter then, while leaving other encounter maps in game.

unhappy__bunny #11 Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

Major General

• 22244 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Topic closed because the OP's question/issue has been resolved. 

Also tagged with map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users