Equipment 2 - your views on it now some time has passed?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

CausticSoda #1 Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48888 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

Low level stuff - great.

The type of gear added, seems to be interesting, like the different options.

Downsides:

Still hate that I have gear and have to decide if to sell. This really should have been a sell all by WGing and you could buy what you needed back again.

Massive hole with the moveable gear i.e. binos, camo and toolboxes - this equates to the binos really as camo is pretty obsolete now. But I am missing millions of credits forgetting that even with the binos I have left only fit on some tanks anyway.

I have had to pick some tanks to put new gear on, it is only a small proportion of my tanks as I have all of them unlocked. ONly my arty have got a full set of gear so far.

I really think that WGing could have done this better, I could have managed if I had all my credits back and had to buy the gear again. Taking my gear, making me sell for half price and having to buy back what I need for full price left a very bitter taste. Shame as the overall affect was an improvement, shame it upset so many people with small minded implementation when it could have been such a success.

Funny I was worried about changing gear around and how much it would cost to mess around and have fun with builds and I find that I have so little gear that it isnt a problem, having so many tanks with empty slots or what is now sub standard gear is painful.

I play every day for a couple of hours, more at weekend, I am premium account and I predict that it will take me 6 months to a year to get back to what I was playing before. That is not a fun experience for me. Guess it is good for those unicum players that only have a few tanks but they are probably using full bonded gear.

8/10 for the affect. 3/10 for implementation and not listening to the player base, you were warned about the problems and ignored it all, plowed on and marred what could have been a great success.

Ghoststalker #2 Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:13 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3744 battles
Giving low tier tanks cheaper equipment certainly makes it a viable choice to actually use them. But at the end of the day you still spend the large majority of your time at tiers 8 at up. Having the prices at tier 8 and up be 20% higher has significantly increased the grind. While it wasn't unexpected, the gap between premium players and free to play players has grown again at the upper tiers.

Edited by Ghoststalker, 16 October 2020 - 11:13 PM.

beercritch #3 Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48055 battles

WG should have unmounted and sold at full value all our equipment. We could simply then put on our tanks what equipment we needed using these credits.  All this BS with demount kits is just a waste of time. And then on top of that any kit we need to get rid of is now only worth half its value.

Then when we come down to the actual kit its all such fine margins not much has changed. A few items are kind of useful, but a brawling med still needs stabber, rammer and vents and these changes to equipment didnt do anything to change that.

In saying that light tanks probably came out best with new spotting equipment, but I doubt they needed it, and a few alternatives for SPGs does nobody any good. Armour is useless anyway (when every man and his dog fires full gold) so equipment to boost that is of little use

On the whole I judge it a no score draw. An exiting promise that turned into a dull match

Chuwt #4 Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51792 battles
Some people (like me) have a lot of tanks. With the new system, each have to have their own equipment, and i cannot afford it, so only certain tanks have been equipped. Thus I play fewer tanks, and have to carefully consider getting new tanks, as they either have to be played without equipment, which (especially combined with new, poor crews) is not really a good option, or are much more expensive than they were.
Whatever the plan behind the new equipment, I cannot imagine the idea was to have any players playing less tanks, and buying less tanks...so at least in that respect, it is a fail.

thetartanbaron #5 Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6315 battles
Like beercritch says the light tanks have probably gained some useful equipment and I agree that hardening heavies is a waste of time when most of the time they are playing against higher tiers. For me it basically comes down to is it worth replacing either vents or optics with a bit of new kit like a turbo or IRM? Generally replacing a rammer is a no go for me unless the tank has a reload under 5 secs. For mediums with marginal mobility the turbo can make them more effective and fun despite any loss of view range or accuracy due to loss of vents and optics and I've been trying IRM on turreted tank destroyers but not sure if there is any significant improvement using it. The rest of the equipment adds a couple of % here and there but I don't think any of it is worth replacing vents, optics and stabilisers for. I think if you are still rolling out in a medium or heavy with the "old" meta of vents, rammer and stabs you're not going to be at any significant disadvantage vs an enemy using any of the new kit. 

Edited by thetartanbaron, 17 October 2020 - 01:04 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38269 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I must be like the only one who made a ridiculous profit on selling equipment they allowed you to remove for free (with the little arrow icon on them) and putting literally the exact same, cheaper-class equipment in their place.

I also must be the only one who doesn't care about Binocs and Camo Nets not being freely removable anymore. Yeah, some of you may only have one pair, fair enough. You're not gonna be using them on top tier tanks though, are ya? Tier 7 and below now benefit from cheaper equipment, most notably cheaper Binocs and Nets. Any surplus of the aforementioned can be sold and replaced with cheaper versions on the lower tier tanks.

I made over 6 million credits by selling the removed equipment, and rebuying cheaper ones for my sealclubbers.

The change is good overall. There are no drawbacks. You can modify any tank to suit your playstyle better, that's great IMO.

MeetriX #7 Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29148 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

What equipment 2?

Truntea #8 Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1495 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 17 October 2020 - 03:14 AM, said:

What equipment 2?

^ Indeed.

There has been no sale yet, so haven't had access to any of the equipment as of yet.

No 25% is not a sale, that is just an insult to us.

BR33K1_PAWAH #9 Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 10782 battles
  • [_N0D_] _N0D_
It's great. Turbocharger on tX meds is my favorite.

wsatnutter #10 Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27867 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Not really touched it it's one of WG biggest cons in 10 years

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38644 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostCausticSoda, on 16 October 2020 - 11:00 PM, said:

I really think that WGing could have done this better, I could have managed if I had all my credits back and had to buy the gear again. Taking my gear, making me sell for half price and having to buy back what I need for full price left a very bitter taste. Shame as the overall affect was an improvement, shame it upset so many people with small minded implementation when it could have been such a success.

All the mismatched equipment on lower tiers that you needed to sell to replace with correct tier equipment sold for more than the cost of the replacement. You made credits.

The only people that had to spend anything were those that bought some of the new equipment, which they would have had to pay for anyway, and those that put camo net and binos on everything who would have had to buy something useful for their heavy tank. 

shikaka9 #12 Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 81848 battles
  • [__HUN] __HUN
not using , not care :great:

azakow #13 Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 89791 battles

View PostTruntea, on 17 October 2020 - 07:02 AM, said:

^ Indeed.

There has been no sale yet, so haven't had access to any of the equipment as of yet.

No 25% is not a sale, that is just an insult to us.

... WG must observe the ingame economics ... until this is finished they said no sale, but "insults". :hiding:

BTW current BP gives you access in stage 20.

krismorgan #14 Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39698 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
im pissed off as there is no equipment for excess weight now,cannot remember what it used to be called.having to grind tracks just for equipment is annoying now.

Frostilicus #15 Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:11 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25297 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View Postkrismorgan, on 17 October 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

im pissed off as there is no equipment for excess weight now,cannot remember what it used to be called.having to grind tracks just for equipment is annoying now.

I think Improved Hardening gets around the Insufficient Load Capacity issue, was the old equipment called Enhanced Suspension?

NekoPuffer_PPP #16 Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38269 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postkrismorgan, on 17 October 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Isn't there?...

Truntea #17 Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1495 battles

View Postazakow, on 17 October 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

... WG must observe the ingame economics ... until this is finished they said no sale, but "insults". :hiding:

BTW current BP gives you access in stage 20.

Yes one piece is enough to base an entire review of 2.0 on...

:sceptic:

Edited by Truntea, 17 October 2020 - 10:03 AM.

Bordhaw #18 Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16863 battles

Sold all my pre equipment 2.0 equipment and got 53 million credits.

Reequipped all my tanks with the same equipment and still had 23 million left over. 

Only_Slightly_Bent #19 Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29737 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B
It was the end of the world, totally broke the game. It was a scam, a rip-off, a fraud...

No, wait, it wasn't any of those. I made a few millions selling stuff I don't need, spent a few millions on stuff I do. Didn't have to use many demounting kits (still got a shed-load sitting in my depot).

The only thing I didn't like was going through my 160+ tanks and making sure that the right shiz was in the right slot but that's a First World Problem so whatever.

Overall, 2.0 is alright. But then, those of us who aren't pathological WG haters knew that would be the case...

CausticSoda #20 Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48888 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 17 October 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

All the mismatched equipment on lower tiers that you needed to sell to replace with correct tier equipment sold for more than the cost of the replacement. You made credits.

The only people that had to spend anything were those that bought some of the new equipment, which they would have had to pay for anyway, and those that put camo net and binos on everything who would have had to buy something useful for their heavy tank. 

I was just writing about my thoughts that I didnt make money and hey wouldnt it be better to provide you with FACTS.

I have just been through ALL my tanks (300 ish). I added as much as equipment to my tanks as reasonable for the slots missing equipment.

I sold 10 eGLD thats 3M

I bought 10 IRMs for arty thats 6M

I bought various other scouts stuff and IRM's lets say 3M

I own in my depot but bear in mind I had around 2-3 of every item pre equipment ready for new tanks but total value is 29M - selling value 14.5M

I require to equip all MISSING slots on my tanks (I have been conservative and used the lowest value item if im not sure at the moment) - 56.6M

So I had 17.5 million credits benefit and I have or need to spend 65.6M.

Therefore I am about 48M down.

Yes I had gear in 99% of my tank slots but that does include switching in toolboxes (very few) binos (lots) and camo nets (quite a few).

For players that only have 50 tanks, it isnt a big hit. For players that have been in here for a long time and collect the tnaks, this has been amazingly painful.

I still have a LOT of tanks that I cant play as I just dont have the credits.

Thats a lot of extra grinding of credits that I didnt need to do before.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users