T28 Prot. Still Playable ? Has anyone played this vehicle recently ?

T28 T28 Prot. T28 Prototype TD USA TD Turreted TD

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

13_BlackCat #1 Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5699 battles

Hello fellow tankers :B

I am grinding USA's TD line.

I've researched this vehicle with XP from the previous vehicle,

the only thing remaining is to purchase it with credits.

I noticed that, although this vehicle has a strong gun, good pen and decent aim time,

its top speed is only 28 km/h, with low power to weight ratio 10.21.

I like playing turreted TDs, but this one seems slow,

when paying Battle Pass and the Daily Missions, decent speed is important.

WOT is becoming a fast game, the majority of the battle has finished in the first 5 minutes.

Is this TD worth purchasing and playing ?

or should I try to skip it with blueprints somehow ?

Edited by 13_BlackCat, 18 October 2020 - 03:50 AM.

trefferlage #2 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7032 battles
I am just playing it, and if u have enough blueprints : skip. Yes the giun looks nice ( on paper ) .. but the 12,5 can troll u awful..bouncing sideshots from a t43... or bouncing from such a gocart wheely... it is awful immobile... it can t turn the turret fully... anything else ? ah.. ur camo is just not realy existing :-) this tank was once a monster in those glorious good old times of wot.. but nowadays it is awfully underperforming. it needs for shure another buff... at least the reverse speed should be improved. i have the feeling, you do better with the 10,5.. but all in all : SKIP SKIP SKIP if u can.. no fun to play this machine at all  the t 25/2 complete different.. was mega fun 

Cro006 #3 Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15347 battles

Below tier 8 you have 'medium' TDs, now you have 'heavy' TDs which obviously have different playstyle. From now on you have less mobility, less speed, less camo, but better armor and guns. I liked playing Proto, it's decent tank, and now I'd use rammer, IRM and turbo on it for extra mobility. However, T30 is better tank, so if you really don't want to play decent and balanced tank, blueprint T30 and enjoy 750 dmg gun with better turret but worse Hull than Proto. 

P. S. E4 sucks. 

Edited by Cro006, 18 October 2020 - 07:12 AM.

13_BlackCat #4 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5699 battles

View Posttrefferlage, on 18 October 2020 - 05:37 AM, said:

I am just playing it, and if u have enough blueprints : skip. Yes the giun looks nice ( on paper ) .. but the 12,5 can troll u awful..bouncing sideshots from a t43... or bouncing from such a gocart wheely... it is awful immobile... it can t turn the turret fully... anything else ? ah.. ur camo is just not realy existing :-) this tank was once a monster in those glorious good old times of wot.. but nowadays it is awfully underperforming. it needs for shure another buff... at least the reverse speed should be improved. i have the feeling, you do better with the 10,5.. but all in all : SKIP SKIP SKIP if u can.. no fun to play this machine at all  the t 25/2 complete different.. was mega fun 

I see ...

Thank you for sharing your game experience with this TD.

I was suspecting that something was really off with it.

07:12 Added after 4 minute

View PostCro006, on 18 October 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

Below tier 8 you have 'medium' TDs, now you have 'heavy' TDs which obviously have different playstyle. From now on you have less mobility, less speed, less camo, but better armor and guns. I liked playing Proto, it's decent tank, and now I'd use rammer, IRM and turbo on it for extra mobility. However, T30 is better tank, so if you really don't want to play decent and balanced tank, blueprint T30 and enjoy 750 dmg gun with better turret but worse Hull than Proto. 

P. S. E4 sucks. 

Less mobility means that you really have to know where you're going with the Proto, can't relocate.

I agree with you, the T30 seems like the better vehicle, I'm afraid I'm not that experienced to make the T28 Proto work.

I do have a lot of blueprints, can I move on directly to the T30 ?

ShampoTanker #5 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15116 battles
  • [RAME] RAME

So far, the worst TD I have ever played (I'm grinding it now). Why?

1. It has armor but also quite well-know weakspots easy to hit;
  2. It's slow;
  3. It's big and tall and has no comparable camo with other TDs;
  4. Gun looks good on paper but with trollish handling and precision;

IMHO T25/2 was much much better for it's tier 

trefferlage #6 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7032 battles

View Post13_BlackCat, on 18 October 2020 - 07:08 AM, said:

I see ...

Thank you for sharing your game experience with this TD.

I was suspecting that something was really off with it.

07:12 Added after 4 minute

Less mobility means that you really have to know where you're going with the Proto, can't relocate.

I agree with you, the T30 seems like the better vehicle, I'm afraid I'm not that experienced to make the T28 Proto work.

I do have a lot of blueprints, can I move on directly to the T30 ?

You have to unlock the big guns... so the 10.5 and 12.5 ..after that : way libre to the t30... i am masochist, i will not waste blues for the t30.. i had some free BPs on t30, so i need now only 30k xp more... no prob, cause i don t care about the fact, this thing has horrible stats :-)... btw : it is no decent tank in any way : it is just outclassed by the meta  

aleksot #7 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55348 battles
  • [FF-LT] FF-LT
Im playing it like slow heavy. The best if you have solid cover near. 58%wr. 

saxsan4 #8 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:36 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28655 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
its amazing one of my fav tanks at tier 8, play it like a heavy and you'll do well, gun is the best bit

MaxandChloe4ever #9 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:38 AM

Usually a Five-star General, sometimes Forum Police

• 293 battles
Not a good tank destroyer but a decent heavy tank. I take it to the front line anyway and just pop out whenever I have a shot, fall back behind cover when I am reloading. This tank has amazing DPM, and very good penetration.

trefferlage #10 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7032 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 18 October 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

its amazing one of my fav tanks at tier 8, play it like a heavy and you'll do well, gun is the best bit

I would like to know about the amazing parts. Everybody csn prn the front turret...12.5 is a troll very often...axtet firing u are a batndoor swarmed by med hit by arty...vety slow turret traverse... not fully rotating...its a moving brick  with a sometomes good canon if rng is mercy... in towns just meh...with all tvat gold spammed u are just a present for HP collectors...most times versus t10...so good luck

09:33 Added after 1 minute

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 18 October 2020 - 08:38 AM, said:

Not a good tank destroyer but a decent heavy tank. I take it to the front line anyway and just pop out whenever I have a shot, fall back behind cover when I am reloading. This tank has amazing DPM, and very good penetration.

Fall back? U mean u crawl back in slow motion but before covet hit not less than 3 times

MaxandChloe4ever #11 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

• 293 battles

View Posttrefferlage, on 18 October 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

09:33 Added after 1 minute

Fall back? U mean u crawl back in slow motion but before covet hit not less than 3 times

I don't see me getting hit that lot, maybe it's not the tank but more the person behind the tank.

jeffrey_mk2 #12 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15876 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

yeah just started playing this tank and I havent had such a terrible experience in any other tank, its way too slow , turret is not fully traversable and moves very slow , the gun is one big troll.
My winrate in it is now around 37% , its just doomed to lose battles too........it depends way too much on what your team mates do, if nobody does good well good luck you'll be wrecked soon after it.

Mainly because of the bad mobility its not a great tank at all , most games go like : start game , 3 or 4 tanks exploded before you can even reach your flank to shoot the enemy ...chose wrong side or whatever and you cannot relocate , wrecked. 

Only if you choose by accident the right flank to drive to you're good , but also the fast 4 minute won games you arent be the star because the lack of speed keeps you behind the rest of the team.......its going 9 to 12km\h up hill so what are you gonna do?
Im just past the big gun but I am really asking myself if I want to proceed that tank line.

T25/2 was much better , it has mobility , good gun handling and nice camo to work with and can be a lot more effective because of that.

Edited by jeffrey_mk2, 18 October 2020 - 10:56 AM.

trefferlage #13 Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7032 battles

View Postjeffrey_mk2, on 18 October 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

yeah just started playing this tank and I havent had such a terrible experience in any other tank, its way too slow , turret is not fully traversable and moves very slow , the gun is one big troll.
My winrate in it is now around 37% , its just doomed to lose battles too........it depends way too much on what your team mates do, if nobody does good well good luck you'll be wrecked soon after it.

Mainly because of the bad mobility its not a great tank at all , most games go like : start game , 3 or 4 tanks exploded before you can even reach your flank to shoot the enemy ...chose wrong side or whatever and you cannot relocate , wrecked. 

Only if you choose by accident the right flank to drive to you're good , but also the fast 4 minute won games you arent be the star because the lack of speed keeps you behind the rest of the team.......its going 9 to 12km\h up hill so what are you gonna do?
Im just past the big gun but I am really asking myself if I want to proceed that tank line.

T25/2 was much better , it has mobility , good gun handling and nice camo to work with and can be a lot more effective because of that.

Exactly, and i never have seen a t28 doing well ..maybe u get some lucky shots..but then its : end of game... due to horrible reverse speed, rusty turret and the mobility of a wet towell on sandpaper u can t fight realy in towns.. i have had games awfully struggling to reach to battle and in the end i reached and battle was already over with  0 damage done... waste of lifetime..the t25/2 fits very well to the current meta.. but you know what ? i will use my blueprints for american meds.. this slow motion tanks are meanwhile obsolete.. its becoming a coastal roller game with all those wheelies and other gocarts...

10:10 Added after 2 minute

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 18 October 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

I don't see me getting hit that lot, maybe it's not the tank but more the person behind the tank.

MAybe its the tank and not the person ? HOW many t28 s are out there... only because a cc with cc rng like skill is telling its a nice tank it is not true... this thing is simply obsolete.. if you are not hit.. lucky boy.. others get hit constantly... after 2 15- games in it today : no sense to try the t30-- those tanks are obsolete with such kind of maps and such meta... better will use the  blues for us med line

lbot #14 Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25873 battles
Before moving to T30 make sure that you know how to play hull-down and that you like this kind of gameplay. Hull-down tanks are quite skill-dependent and at high tiers you will quickly receive huge damage if you fail to hide your hull. Plus T30 is normally played in mid to close range as a heavy, so considering its quite average mobility, mediocre gun handling and cooldown of 17 secs, I'd say there are better HT alternatives at tier 9.

trefferlage #15 Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7032 battles

View Postlbot, on 18 October 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

Before moving to T30 make sure that you know how to play hull-down and that you like this kind of gameplay. Hull-down tanks are quite skill-dependent and at high tiers you will quickly receive huge damage if you fail to hide your hull. Plus T30 is normally played in mid to close range as a heavy, so considering its quite average mobility, mediocre gun handling and cooldown of 17 secs, I'd say there are better HT alternatives at tier 9.

Agree.. not worth it. Guess i will sell the t28 proto after the event. No fun to play it...

MaxandChloe4ever #16 Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:10 PM

• 293 battles

View Posttrefferlage, on 18 October 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

10:10 Added after 2 minute

MAybe its the tank and not the person ? HOW many t28 s are out there... only because a cc with cc rng like skill is telling its a nice tank it is not true... this thing is simply obsolete.. if you are not hit.. lucky boy.. others get hit constantly... after 2 15- games in it today : no sense to try the t30-- those tanks are obsolete with such kind of maps and such meta... better will use the  blues for us med line

Instead of talking about CC RNG, why not reflect upon yourself why the tank does not work for you?
Have you tried using covers? Have you tried leaving the cover to shoot only after you saw the enemy has fired?

If you are yoloing out then it certainly will not work for you.

trefferlage #17 Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7032 battles

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 18 October 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

Instead of talking about CC RNG, why not reflect upon yourself why the tank does not work for you?
Have you tried using covers? Have you tried leaving the cover to shoot only after you saw the enemy has fired?

If you are yoloing out then it certainly will not work for you.

Liste, there is no sense to discuss .. u like it ..Play it .. others, and MOST of the Players don t like it, and they dont Play it. that simple … and your coments are just getting childish here… nobody is sitting after firing at the same place and nobody can even yolo with this POS … Corners, covers, this thing is simply obsolete... and excuse me deeply that i have another opinion than you. so Keep on playing it.. others don t.. ist not a td ist not a heavy ist a hp pinata for everybody else and only a mercy RNG makes it sometimes playable. enjoy your time ...bye

CausticSoda #18 Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48881 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

It is one of those situational tanks, you go the wrong way and/or the battle is fast moving and you can do no dmg. Other times you can be brutal.

Might be interesting if a turbo works maybe with fast fuel?

For me I loved this tank in the past but wasnt good at that time but I absolutely hated the T25/2 before it (recently bought it back to mark it and its better for me now)

Echotun #19 Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24899 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View Posttrefferlage, on 18 October 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

Liste, there is no sense to discuss .. u like it ..Play it .. others, and MOST of the Players don t like it, and they dont Play it. that simple … and your coments are just getting childish here… nobody is sitting after firing at the same place and nobody can even yolo with this POS … Corners, covers, this thing is simply obsolete... and excuse me deeply that i have another opinion than you. so Keep on playing it.. others don t.. ist not a td ist not a heavy ist a hp pinata for everybody else and only a mercy RNG makes it sometimes playable. enjoy your time ...bye

I havent played it super recent, but when I did I absolutely loved it. In the right circumstances its a beast. Biggest drawback is when your team has steamroll wins. 

It might be worth putting on some of the new mobility equipment on it. Tried that on the RHM, and it felt like a new tank. 

Next tank, the T30, is one of my favorite tanks overall, so only good things to say there. 

Uh_Oh_ #20 Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5665 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I hate it, everyone shoots gold at you which means your armour is totally useless and its too slow and badly camo'd to do bugger all else. I remember when I unlocked it after loving the T25/2 I was really confused how slow and crap it is

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users