Jump to content


Together against cancer - Community Streams 2020


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 36,144
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Like last year, it is again time to play, stream, and donate. Be a part of it and support Pfoten für die Seele - Gaming gegen Krebs (Paws for the Soul - Gaming against cancer)!

The full text of the news item

Echotun #2 Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25132 battles
  • 1,738
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

I thought this was another anti-arty thread :D

 

 

Good initiative! Thumbs up! :)



BethHarmon #3 Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:12 AM

    Grandmaster and world champion

  • Moderator
  • 298 battles
  • 318
  • Member since:
    06-29-2016
Noble cause! :B

Anymn #4 Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21600 battles
  • 495
  • [RHPA] RHPA
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011
Ah, will gold ammo finally be removed?

Glow_Jack #5 Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2583 battles
  • 79
  • [-BTT-] -BTT-
  • Member since:
    06-04-2015
“except Type 59” GG Wargaming. I do not even knew that this tank have so much value to you than life

#freedomforType59

RockyRoller #6 Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 42860 battles
  • 2,121
  • [KITN] KITN
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

View PostCommunity, on 30 October 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

Like last year, it is again time to play, stream, and donate. Be a part of it and support Pfoten für die Seele - Gaming gegen Krebs (Paws for the Soul - Gaming against cancer)!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/charity-streams-fallen13-2020/">The full text of the news item</a>

 

Not being funny, and I don't know about German, but in the UK they are ignoring cancer and the NHS only focus on Covid. I can't even get a diabetic blood test until next year because Roche in Europe is making Covid-19 tests rather than blood testing.



Simona2k #7 Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5500 battles
  • 1,519
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
  • Member since:
    10-01-2017
Very good

gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:14 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15674 battles
  • 5,155
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
GJ WG

DIPRIP #9 Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35689 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011
Good job WG !

Bordhaw #10 Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:42 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16956 battles
  • 6,129
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

I thought some news about EBR's being removed. 

 

Block Quote

Roll Out and donate!

 

:izmena:



Duke_Harkonnen #11 Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19050 battles
  • 169
  • Member since:
    12-17-2018

No Flame, no jealousy, no envy

 

WG do you have similar activity for support cancer patients in less developed country as Germany is? E.g. Belarus, Ukraine, Balkan countries or outside EU?



TijgernootTank #12 Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59096 battles
  • 458
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

Amazing how another year has past already .

WG supporting this cause is nice , but i do wonder about the wot streamers , only 2 and not the biggest names .

[ excuse me when im wrong in this , but i wonder about the effort that has been put in to get wot streamers , also thumbs up anyway for the 2 that will be streaming  ]

Then there are no items sold to support the cause like last year , so to me it feels like the support by WG for this cause has been nerfed .



Zhenwu #13 Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 37847 battles
  • 442
  • Member since:
    08-03-2012

View PostTijgernootTank, on 30 October 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

Amazing how another year has past already .

WG supporting this cause is nice , but i do wonder about the wot streamers , only 2 and not the biggest names .

[ excuse me when im wrong in this , but i wonder about the effort that has been put in to get wot streamers , also thumbs up anyway for the 2 that will be streaming  ]

Then there are no items sold to support the cause like last year , so to me it feels like the support by WG for this cause has been nerfed .

 

Hello TijgernootTank,

sorry for the late answer, but I was stuck at work. I am the guy for the english stuff in the team, in general we (Fallen and me) asked every streamer and the staff from WG personally every year during the Gamescom (of course we echanged emails and stuff as well), this year we did it mostly with privat chats on our discord and via email because of Covid-19, this is a pure private project and we are glad that we have support by wargaming. We don't want to be "greedy" and have bundles to be sold for our cause or at least we will not ask or beg for that, if WG thinks it is good idea, we will make a decision. 
Regarding to the streamers, we asked a couple of big german ones (since it is a german project) and all of them refused to support us, either because of reasons (some of them were acceptable) and originally I wanted to push this event more into the international section, but the problem is that we gather money for a programme in germany. Just saying last year I had 1 interaction on reddit after 12 hours and nobody seemed to be interested, also we had last year a 12 hour english speaking WoT stream with 2 friends and we hardly got 100€, still good money, but not really worth the effort. Maybe I will give it a new try next year, but that is a BIG maybe atm.



Echotun #14 Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:33 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25132 battles
  • 1,738
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

View PostZhenwu, on 30 October 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

 

Hello TijgernootTank,

sorry for the late answer, but I was stuck at work. I am the guy for the english stuff in the team, in general we (Fallen and me) asked every streamer and the staff from WG personally every year during the Gamescom (of course we echanged emails and stuff as well), this year we did it mostly with privat chats on our discord and via email because of Covid-19, this is a pure private project and we are glad that we have support by wargaming. We don't want to be "greedy" and have bundles to be sold for our cause or at least we will not ask or beg for that, if WG thinks it is good idea, we will make a decision. 
Regarding to the streamers, we asked a couple of big german ones (since it is a german project) and all of them refused to support us, either because of reasons (some of them were acceptable) and originally I wanted to push this event more into the international section, but the problem is that we gather money for a programme in germany. Just saying last year I had 1 interaction on reddit after 12 hours and nobody seemed to be interested, also we had last year a 12 hour english speaking WoT stream with 2 friends and we hardly got 100€, still good money, but not really worth the effort. Maybe I will give it a new try next year, but that is a BIG maybe atm.


Not sure what would constitute an unacceptable reason for someone to not want to participate in a fundraiser, but it feels odd to me that you seem to be of the mindset that they have to legitimize not participating. 



Zhenwu #15 Posted 31 October 2020 - 02:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 37847 battles
  • 442
  • Member since:
    08-03-2012

View PostEchotun, on 31 October 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:


Not sure what would constitute an unacceptable reason for someone to not want to participate in a fundraiser, but it feels odd to me that you seem to be of the mindset that they have to legitimize not participating. 

 

for me any straight answer is acceptible for me, I don't mind that people say "no, I don't want to", not answering is unpolite (imo) and yes I should have written that point with acceptable. my apologies.



TijgernootTank #16 Posted 31 October 2020 - 03:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59096 battles
  • 458
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostZhenwu, on 30 October 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

 

Hello TijgernootTank,

sorry for the late answer, but I was stuck at work. I am the guy for the english stuff in the team, in general we (Fallen and me) asked every streamer and the staff from WG personally every year during the Gamescom (of course we echanged emails and stuff as well), this year we did it mostly with privat chats on our discord and via email because of Covid-19, this is a pure private project and we are glad that we have support by wargaming. We don't want to be "greedy" and have bundles to be sold for our cause or at least we will not ask or beg for that, if WG thinks it is good idea, we will make a decision. 
Regarding to the streamers, we asked a couple of big german ones (since it is a german project) and all of them refused to support us, either because of reasons (some of them were acceptable) and originally I wanted to push this event more into the international section, but the problem is that we gather money for a programme in germany. Just saying last year I had 1 interaction on reddit after 12 hours and nobody seemed to be interested, also we had last year a 12 hour english speaking WoT stream with 2 friends and we hardly got 100€, still good money, but not really worth the effort. Maybe I will give it a new try next year, but that is a BIG maybe atm.

 

Hi Zhenwu ,

Thanks for your reply .

Too bad , it looks like this project deserve more support from these streamers .

WG could done more by selling some skin \ style \ boxes \  tank and donate good part to cause .

Would been fitting to sell the Rudy or even create a new crew for some tank with at least one dog .

But ok , situation is as is .

Good luck with all the efforts .



Zhenwu #17 Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:21 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 37847 battles
  • 442
  • Member since:
    08-03-2012
Imo they don't need to, WG is supporting us really good, most of the prizes are from them and that includes all 3 "World of..." Games and not only WoT. I would also be thankful only for a small mention here and there, but this years announcement via the website/POrtal is awesome.

Edited by Zhenwu, 31 October 2020 - 07:22 PM.


shane73tank #18 Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:56 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 37932 battles
  • 2,213
  • [JEEZ] JEEZ
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
In fond memory of Shaun “overexpose_yourself” a wonderful human being , and lover of tanks , especially his IS3, taken by this horrible greedy disease 

Ahtohallan #19 Posted 01 November 2020 - 11:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7389 battles
  • 342
  • [-SOC-] -SOC-
  • Member since:
    12-30-2019

Obe of main causes of cancer is stress.

Which means playing this game ,which is designed to cause frustrations, is  cancerogenous.

Prove me wrong.


Edited by Ahtohallan, 01 November 2020 - 11:21 AM.


MeetriX #20 Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:41 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30253 battles
  • 5,524
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

Nice title.

Where is Rokgoowor when needed?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users