Monthly Rundown: Shiny Specials and Exciting Events for a Somber November

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The gloomiest month of the year has some great specials that will keep the blues in bay and your account filled with rewards.

The full text of the news item

ZeroKelvin #2 Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40945 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

Equipment Discount?

Asking the important questions =0

Edited by ZeroKelvin, 30 October 2020 - 03:50 PM.

Zoggo_ #3 Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36013 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

So basically another month before even a hint of an equipment special. What is the betting they make it a pathetic 25% off too?

Stop squeezing your players so hard trying to drain silver, recent haloween event perfect example of an attempted credit drain.

WG you just come across as mean spirited, all you really doing is annoying veteran players, pretty bad PR imo.

If you want to reduce credits from players accounts put on a Black Market event not this pettyness.

Edited by Zoggo_, 30 October 2020 - 04:00 PM.

SlyHuntsman #4 Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23104 battles
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_
Bought the Tortoise 2 days ago not expecting it to go TotT... Whoops. Almost done grinding already with x5's so I'll sell it before and maybe buy badger cheap lol

Smelly_Cat #5 Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36301 battles

Why we have 2 American tanks for Rememberance Day Tank Rewards? They celebrate Memorial Day in May instead.

M48 may be popular. But did we not have the line as ToTT a short while ago?

Miepie #6 Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 7418 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSmelly_Cat, on 30 October 2020 - 04:28 PM, said:

M48 may be popular. But did we not have the line as ToTT a short while ago?

Nah, you are confusing TotT with the Fanfic bits of Battle Pass. That had a Patton making babies with a Skoda to explain the new Italian line. :honoring:

Smelly_Cat #7 Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36301 battles

View PostMiepie, on 30 October 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

Nah, you are confusing TotT with the Fanfic bits of Battle Pass. That had a Patton making babies with a Skoda to explain the new Italian line. :honoring:

Ah, I double checked. It was T57 Heavy line in July, which shares the same techtree until T20.

That Skoda is still taking maternity leave in my garage/barrack. But I've not yet seen the Italian baby.:child:

Edited by Smelly_Cat, 30 October 2020 - 04:48 PM.

mjs_89 #8 Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13052 battles
  • [95137] 95137
There better be a -50% equipment sale for Black Friday...

Eroe_dell_Iride #9 Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5754 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Good, I have pershing unlocked from months, an american battlepass commander doing nothing in barrack and M48 style to use. :great:

I missed Thubderbol in June so I hope to take it this time (if the Tank Rewards will be like October). 

vuque #10 Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:17 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 19667 battles
  • [TAF-G] TAF-G

View PostEroe_dell_Iride, on 30 October 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

Good, I have pershing unlocked from months, an american battlepass commander doing nothing in barrack and M48 style to use. :great:

I missed Thubderbol in June so I hope to take it this time (if the Tank Rewards will be like October). 

Enjoy! :izmena:

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15674 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Might play again during christmas special, if you give a 50% equipment discount before that is. 

Kryin #12 Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13666 battles
oh god. Have they started doing 25% off equipment sales???

Diner50 #13 Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12570 battles

Still no Eq discount? And 25% do not count. No deal.

Going to keep earning credits and not waste millions on equipment prices. Have allot of tanks to play in garage. But even more just waiting for equipment. Not credit sinking anything until the garage is sorted. Might go for a cheap premium at the black market but nothing else. I do not like the idea of playing OP p2w tanks. So the black market ones usually are worse then tech tree. And I also can earn credits. So win win for me.

Just not going to cave in to your crap Eq 2.0. And screw up the crews for us all you might have paying costumers leaving the game. Have not played WoT for 7 years without learning how to deal with you WG.

I even got something out of Eq 2.0. Like 80 demount kits I have still not touched.

As any sane person sell the tank with the equipment on and wait for a discount before moving up a tier. Or rather you wait for the tank to be on sale and grab it then. And with discounted equipment you get it ready for battle. If that is pre buying the tank or waiting on a sale to equip it. You did this with crews until that was locket behind real money also....

So got 80 demount kits to upgrade my most played tanks almost for free. The day Eq discount happens.. Until then I will not aid your player numbers as much. Only playing a very strict set of tanks. No XP piñata for the p2w's anymore since Eq 2.0.  Screw up any more in the game and the garages of many will be static and play hours drop drastically. Not only for me but many many people.

See way to many 2020 accounts on the battlefields. (48-52% WR ones) So lose them ho will be playing this game? Are the unicorns going to make it into a competitive only game? Like at peak hour 200 players? Do not think that will happen. Lose the majority of players and everyone will quit.

Considering what happened when the Swedish tanks was added to the game. If the greed and balance was fixed. Well we would have more players joining and staying. But WG thinks that they are doing fine even now COVID more or less stop the ship from sinking. Not that it was total avoidable but COVID was the chance to make the game big agen. Instead of just staying afloat. Like for real 1.0 was a grate change to the game look and feel. But the greed ruined any reason to join in on the fun.

The lack of balance is killing the joy of everything. Nerf the standard AND P2W pixels and make the stupid game fun agen. Add tier 11 if you must to fix the OP tier 10's. And make the wheelies have some view range but poor camo + poor gun. They should be the only proper scouts. But be weak and only deal with arty at most. Give some of the tier 10's pre MM to avoid facing the insane tier 11's. Make something up so that even if tier 9-10 is a credit sink we want to play it. Not due to being so OP vs tier 8's. But due to it being fun! Now only the filthy game barkers are there trashing all fun exploiting view range or gold ammo. Strait up no fun and camping/scum deluxe. Nothing but toxic no fun zone. Ruining tier 8 having the premium tanks needing to be OP just to deal with broken tier 9-10's as MM sucks since 1-6 9-10 TIERS SUCKS! 

7-8 or at best tier 9 being the only fun anymore in the game. Remember when arty and scouts was tired differently to the other tanks. There was a reason for that. Now we have wheelies and stun. And M44 being the best arty in the game even outperforming TOP TIER artys. And the leF we should drown for just entering battle.

I remembered when using gold ammo was almost wasteful. You where not meant to deal with the high tired tanks. But now you are expected to load gold just to pen the same tier tank on the enemy side. Since corridor maps + insane min max the players can do. And the tier 9's being called tier 8 premium tanks. With a price tag for entry. Remember the IS 6....KV-5. Good fair times. You never was afraid of meeting them. They where a notch worse then the others. But still fun and rewarding to play. As it should be.

Edited by Diner50, 31 October 2020 - 02:05 AM.

LethalWalou #14 Posted 31 October 2020 - 02:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37111 battles

View PostZoggo_, on 30 October 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

So basically another month before even a hint of an equipment special. What is the betting they make it a pathetic 25% off too?

Stop squeezing your players so hard trying to drain silver, recent haloween event perfect example of an attempted credit drain.

WG you just come across as mean spirited, all you really doing is annoying veteran players, pretty bad PR imo.

If you want to reduce credits from players accounts put on a Black Market event not this pettyness.

I personally hope they don't give any discounts for a long time, because of how the player base has acted for a long time now.

The fact is though that the game is flushed with credits and it makes sense to try to bleed them out. Greedy players just got accustomed to easy credits and discounts and now that the latter doesn't happen, the toys go flying out of the pram.

Black Market will most likely return soon, it is indeed a good way to get rid of credits and gold.

01:04 Added after 0 minute

View Postmjs_89, on 30 October 2020 - 03:54 PM, said:

There better be a -50% equipment sale for Black Friday...

Or what?

Diner50 #15 Posted 31 October 2020 - 02:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12570 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 31 October 2020 - 01:03 AM, said:

I personally hope they don't give any discounts for a long time, because of how the player base has acted for a long time now.

The fact is though that the game is flushed with credits and it makes sense to try to bleed them out. Greedy players just got accustomed to easy credits and discounts and now that the latter doesn't happen, the toys go flying out of the pram.

Black Market will most likely return soon, it is indeed a good way to get rid of credits and gold.

01:04 Added after 0 minute

Or what?

Half my garage are staying unused. Less and less reasons to play. Like why spend allot of credits on a tank I almost do not want to play? And why spend real money on it to skip it? We are flush with other tanks to play. But it get very booorrriinng and repetitive togheter with the gold spam and campers. How many OP tier 8's do you see playing? Might that be the problem here? Might they need to turn down earnings that way. I hate taking on a enemy team of OP premium tanks with my best of tanks. A tank that need EQ just to compete with a decent tank on a good day. That sound like grate investment of millions of credits? To balance the game for WG?

I will boost my decent tanks just to deal with the broken Defender for example. Or having enough speed and DPM to deal with Scorpions and Prog 46. Having to try my best to avoid them snaking me up. Not playing for my team when they are around, just trying to avoid the blood suckers. I rather have fun then blasting everything in my wallet on trying to keep up with a creeping performance pole. And credits are the only thing to avoid the wallet. 

My tanks are not getting better but the premium and tier10's are. So decisions need to be made. And be tankful for the tanks one got before the power creep. Without them even the little bit of fun left inside the wonderful game would be ruined. I can not imagen IS3 for example going from my most loved tank to a doorstop on my way out of the garage. How did WG manage that?

Or what?

Might we see only premium tanks playing one day? And ofc the tier 10's fighting out wasting credits being the money sink. But only the ones ruining the rest of the game play tier 10. The majority can not or will not play tier 10 and will not sink there credits there. Especially since it is WG that trashed our garages and put in turbos to the game.  Turbo games need Turbos to go FASTER.. Yea fun. Soon down to 2-3min games yes?

Or what? :teethhappy:

Have retied my IS-3. I can not sell it due to my love. But I will not force myself onto the battlefield with a tank that simply is mediocre now. Tiger I even with the buffs seems pointless to play. Like there will be always one of the bloodsuckers on the enemy team having a tank setup that makes it outclass everything on the battlefield. Armor be dammed. Speed and auto freeloaders here we come! And Wheelies and Stun to make sure we never get a brake from NOT having fun.

Having more fun in the IS-2s. Can even use gold ammo since the boost of credits I earn. Making it simply a better IS-2 that is a little bit slower. Can play it like my IS3 AND Tiger I at the same time. Wonderful thing. Not having to deal with tier 10's is just wonderful! And do not feel bad dealing with Defenders or the such. Very few tier 9's and with gold I can even earn some credits shooting at them!

Tier 7 vs tier 8.5-9's and you still win! That is fun! They do not expect it!

Tier 8-9-10 is limited only for the few fun tanks. And missions. E75 for example. Only the ones worth the time and credits.

So agen it is not much of a credit sink as a place for ONLY p2w to fight it out. You can buy stuff in the game without being p2w. But the ones focusing on tier 10 will only be there to pay for every advantage possible. No fun and no team play at all. Considering how high win rate they have. 

And BlackMarket have us just stack up on credits. And we need credits to deal with OP tier 8's and tier 10's. As some games you play well and still lose credits. OR get almost nothing even with a premium account. Biggest credit sink in my garage is the BC 58 arty. Repair cost is ridicules! And arty nerf made it impossible to earn credits. But good for missions and it was my first tier 10. 

Edited by Diner50, 31 October 2020 - 02:45 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #16 Posted 31 October 2020 - 03:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38373 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

What the..."Choose Your Difficulty" XP missions include all classes except arty?

That's discrimination! :arta:

No, seriously, include arty. Please?

SeverusNL #17 Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9067 battles
What about a well deserved Reward? 

TardWurst #18 Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43265 battles
No equipment sale, no interest.

Prettyman #19 Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23351 battles

Only 24 days for Tank Rewards, I have a bad feeling about this...

Simona2k #20 Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5500 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
Very nice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users