Jump to content


Clan Rivals Final & Twitch Drops: Urban Jungle


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 36,070
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Watch the final clashes between the most dangerous Urban Jungle predators this weekend for a chance to catch epic Twitch Drops.

The full text of the news item

KINGxTOG #2 Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5314 battles
  • 89
  • [INV1L] INV1L
  • Member since:
    01-07-2020

what does clan rival medal look like 

 



H4NI #3 Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:47 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 47073 battles
  • 2,571
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C
  • Member since:
    10-30-2012

After answering all the questions, I think this might be IQ test in disguise.

 

 

 

 


Edited by H4NI, 19 November 2020 - 06:41 PM.


__Eric__ #4 Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:55 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 43108 battles
  • 2,238
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013
Ok, will run the stream on the background. I am always in for a free style!! :)

Berbo #5 Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:58 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 34959 battles
  • 4,486
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostKINGxTOG, on 19 November 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:

what does clan rival medal look like 

 

 

Check again, the graphic showing medals didn't show up initially.

 

View Post__Eric__, on 19 November 2020 - 05:55 PM, said:

Ok, will run the stream on the background. I am always in for a free style!! :)

 

That's totally ok. I'd recommend even watching it a bit, for me personally it's one of the best video contents we have :)



__Eric__ #6 Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 43108 battles
  • 2,238
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013

View PostBerbo, on 19 November 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

 

Check again, the graphic showing medals didn't show up initially.

 

 

That's totally ok. I'd recommend even watching it a bit, for me personally it's one of the best video contents we have :)


I'll might watch a bit while having a nice beer ;)



Misago #7 Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21938 battles
  • 424
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

View Post__Eric__, on 19 November 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

Ok, will run the stream on the background. I am always in for a free style!! :)

 

Okay but when I say the same thing my comment gets deleted. Seems like someone did not get their morning coffee.

 

So, how about a bit more productive. While the idea of WoT esports seems appealing, it falls apart with the lack of balance and some unappealing gameplay mechanics. I watched the tournament you guys did a few years back with QB and Jingles hosting, and it was the most boring thing I have ever seen. It was just two teams of T54 lightweights firing gold at each other. One time, one of the teams decided to be brave and decided to bring two Bulldogs, back when they were fun and good with the 10-shell autoloader, but of course they just got wasted by the t54s.

 

It's not much different now. EBR105, Artillery, Chieftain, OBJ277, OBJ 279E, OBJ260 and maybe some STB-1s if someone is feeling fancy. There simply is not enough game balance to allow variety, and the RNG involved makes it kind of a coin toss who wins, regardless of clan skill. Got your heavy in a nice overwatch position? Boom, arty just ammoracked you randomly, while your own arty had a bad accuracy role and missed. That is not fun to watch.

 

I want to see variety, I want to see skillful play. Everything else is just a computer smashing random numbers together until one side of the equation breaks.



KINGxTOG #8 Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5314 battles
  • 89
  • [INV1L] INV1L
  • Member since:
    01-07-2020
oh nice a badge and camo i will take it got nothing else to do finished steelhunt so i am good free content and free loot :)

Weak_man #9 Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10382 battles
  • 1,603
  • [AMURG] AMURG
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017
Nice, I like to watch them

Dwigt #10 Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WG Staff
  • 2187 battles
  • 985
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-29-2018

View PostKINGxTOG, on 19 November 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:

what does clan rival medal look like 

 

Took a screenshot for you, but it was already in our article! :rolleyes:

Spoiler

 

View PostMisago, on 19 November 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

 

Okay but when I say the same thing my comment gets deleted. Seems like someone did not get their morning coffee.

 

So, how about a bit more productive. While the idea of WoT esports seems appealing, it falls apart with the lack of balance and some unappealing gameplay mechanics. I watched the tournament you guys did a few years back with QB and Jingles hosting, and it was the most boring thing I have ever seen. It was just two teams of T54 lightweights firing gold at each other. One time, one of the teams decided to be brave and decided to bring two Bulldogs, back when they were fun and good with the 10-shell autoloader, but of course they just got wasted by the t54s.

 

It's not much different now. EBR105, Artillery, Chieftain, OBJ277, OBJ 279E, OBJ260 and maybe some STB-1s if someone is feeling fancy. There simply is not enough game balance to allow variety, and the RNG involved makes it kind of a coin toss who wins, regardless of clan skill. Got your heavy in a nice overwatch position? Boom, arty just ammoracked you randomly, while your own arty had a bad accuracy role and missed. That is not fun to watch.

 

I want to see variety, I want to see skillful play. Everything else is just a computer smashing random numbers together until one side of the equation breaks.

Just like any other competitive game in esport, you always have a meta and when in WoT when you're competing against top clans on 1 tier you will probably have the same compositions. Ofc it has to do with balance but teams will always try to pick the best tank in the current meta. It's not the same tactics that we see in randoms, that's for sure. I'm sure you know that these teams put a lot of time and effort to practice and coordinate their shots, positioning, movements...

 

However, it's always nice when you see a team trying a different composition or trying a new strategy to surprise their opponent. These stuff usually happen in esports!

 

View PostWeak_man, on 19 November 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

Nice, I like to watch them

Which team are you rooting for?



BSHDBCG #11 Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7217 battles
  • 1,365
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View Post__Eric__, on 19 November 2020 - 05:55 PM, said:

Ok, will run the stream on the background. I am always in for a free style!! :)

 

Same, then I can get that tier 9 reward done at the same time.



Archon_Dark #12 Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15430 battles
  • 46
  • [_GR-] _GR-
  • Member since:
    09-09-2019
@Dwigt is there a screenshot of the style?

Dwigt #13 Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:46 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WG Staff
  • 2187 battles
  • 985
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-29-2018

View PostArchon_Dark, on 20 November 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

@Dwigt is there a screenshot of the style?

It's in the article and in game :great:. The 2D style that you can buy for 1750 gold 

https://worldoftanks...live/#head-id-7



reesku #14 Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19507 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostMisago, on 19 November 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

 

Okay but when I say the same thing my comment gets deleted. Seems like someone did not get their morning coffee.

 

So, how about a bit more productive. While the idea of WoT esports seems appealing, it falls apart with the lack of balance and some unappealing gameplay mechanics. I watched the tournament you guys did a few years back with QB and Jingles hosting, and it was the most boring thing I have ever seen. It was just two teams of T54 lightweights firing gold at each other. One time, one of the teams decided to be brave and decided to bring two Bulldogs, back when they were fun and good with the 10-shell autoloader, but of course they just got wasted by the t54s.

 

It's not much different now. EBR105, Artillery, Chieftain, OBJ277, OBJ 279E, OBJ260 and maybe some STB-1s if someone is feeling fancy. There simply is not enough game balance to allow variety, and the RNG involved makes it kind of a coin toss who wins, regardless of clan skill. Got your heavy in a nice overwatch position? Boom, arty just ammoracked you randomly, while your own arty had a bad accuracy role and missed. That is not fun to watch.

 

I want to see variety, I want to see skillful play. Everything else is just a computer smashing random numbers together until one side of the equation breaks.

 

First of all you can't have 50 tanks balanced in such way that they are all the same, it's just impossible, there will always be tanks which are better at one thing and worse at the other. And since the teams know the map they will play in advance, they have tactics, they prepare the setup. It often looks similarly, because there are certain positions on the map that are important to take, certain roles to perform. You want teams to take useless tanks just to have bigger variety? For example heavy tank without gun depression would be useless on let's say Westfield, so you gonna see mainly Chiefs, but on the maps where you don't need so much gun depression rather speed is important you gonna see other tanks that perform this role better.

 

Also in recent years the variety of the tanks being used increased, and you see more different ones than you just mentioned, it just depends on the map and tactic. On Himmelsdorf you gonna see 50B's and/or Bat's, on Ensk you gonna see E4's, maybe 705A and recently even E100. :ohmy: On some maps you can see Strv or Leo.

 

Complaining that teams pick the best tanks for the roles which they need to perform is crazy, it's like complaining that sports athletes always pick the best and most expensive equipment which is produced by just like 2 companies. Why everybody rides Tour de France on pro cycling bikes? I want somebody to compete on a mountain bike or BMX!

 



Weak_man #15 Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10382 battles
  • 1,603
  • [AMURG] AMURG
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017

View PostDwigt, on 20 November 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Took a screenshot for you, but it was already in our article! :rolleyes:

Spoiler

 

Which team are you rooting for?

 

FAME

 



Misago #16 Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21938 battles
  • 424
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

View PostDwigt, on 20 November 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

 

Just like any other competitive game in esport, you always have a meta and when in WoT when you're competing against top clans on 1 tier you will probably have the same compositions. Ofc it has to do with balance but teams will always try to pick the best tank in the current meta. It's not the same tactics that we see in randoms, that's for sure. I'm sure you know that these teams put a lot of time and effort to practice and coordinate their shots, positioning, movements...

 

However, it's always nice when you see a team trying a different composition or trying a new strategy to surprise their opponent. These stuff usually happen in esports!

It DOES happen in esports. However, it does not happen in WoT, so go figure.

 

Again, RNG is too high, and it will bring down the influence of skill. When two players meet on low health, in the same tank, one tricks the other into missing his shot, fires, rolls low on damage, then gets stomped, how is skill supposed to compensate for that?

 

"Not the same tactics we see in randoms" Yes, because a) in randoms, there is tank variety, and b) there are no tactics in randoms. And yet, figuring out how to play against different tanks is what makes the fun of random games. If you already know what four kinds of tanks you will be facing, it all comes down to map balance (which is lacking, to say the least) and RNG (which reduces the influence of skill). How's that make for e-sports?

 

Then again, I guess poker counts as sport too, so whatever.



Weak_man #17 Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10382 battles
  • 1,603
  • [AMURG] AMURG
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017

View PostMisago, on 20 November 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

It DOES happen in esports. However, it does not happen in WoT, so go figure.

 

Again, RNG is too high, and it will bring down the influence of skill. When two players meet on low health, in the same tank, one tricks the other into missing his shot, fires, rolls low on damage, then gets stomped, how is skill supposed to compensate for that?

 

"Not the same tactics we see in randoms" Yes, because a) in randoms, there is tank variety, and b) there are no tactics in randoms. And yet, figuring out how to play against different tanks is what makes the fun of random games. If you already know what four kinds of tanks you will be facing, it all comes down to map balance (which is lacking, to say the least) and RNG (which reduces the influence of skill). How's that make for e-sports?

 

Then again, I guess poker counts as sport too, so whatever.

 

I have seen in first match from finals Fame against Mercy where fame lost  first game just because of an single shell bounce.



Codename_Jelly #18 Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:47 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 18827 battles
  • 5,320
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
nvm

Edited by Codename_Jelly, 21 November 2020 - 04:48 PM.


Havoc77 #19 Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:53 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 34678 battles
  • 28
  • [CB6] CB6
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010

I got baned for unknown reason on the twitch Chanel, do i still get drops if i'm still enjoin the stream?

And how do i get unbaned? really feel strange getting baned for no reason. (or if there is a reason i have no idea of it.)



wsatnutter #20 Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:37 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27939 battles
  • 10,726
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostHavoc77, on 21 November 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

I got baned for unknown reason on the twitch Chanel, do i still get drops if i'm still enjoin the stream?

And how do i get unbaned? really feel strange getting baned for no reason. (or if there is a reason i have no idea of it.)

were you salty in chat or did you spam chat?

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users