How to spend 20k bonds?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ZIRA_KLAS #1 Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6078 battles

I already have like 2 good premium tanks,but no good improved equipment.

what should I do ?

UrQuan #2 Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 23354 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Depends really. Bond tanks can be a good investment if you really want to have one from the store & it looks good for you. Bond equipment is good for pushing every last drop of performance out a tank you love to play.

So really depends on what you want. If you got a tank you really enjoy playing, you can look into bonds equipment. Note that it is expensive bond wise & that improved equipment also exist (the one you upgrade for credits) & the difference is small (but you can only get it through the battle pass). Imo, bond equipment should only be used on tanks where you know its limits & you want to push the boundaries further (hence I use bond equipment on my KV-4, as that is my favorite tank)

On the other hand, bonds can be great to buy a tank you like to have. Do research on the tank & check what the advantages/disadvantages are & how it plays before buying one, several bond tanks got trade-offs (drawbacks in exchange for an advantage somewhere else)

If tehre is no option you really like, save the bonds for when new tanks get introduced in the bond store.

ZIRA_KLAS #3 Posted 21 November 2020 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6078 battles
Do you need to give 3 million credits to upgrade improved equipment, and do you know much it costs to move improved equipment from one tank to another?

UrQuan #4 Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 23354 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZIRA_KLAS, on 21 November 2020 - 01:56 PM, said:

Do you need to give 3 million credits to upgrade improved equipment, and do you know much it costs to move improved equipment from one tank to another?

Indeed, it costs 3 million to upgrade the improved equipment (from the battlepass) and it costs either 1 demount kit which you can sometimes get from the daily standard missions) or 10 gold to move them from one tank to the other.

So if you plan to move the equipment from time to time, the Improved equipment is a better choice to go for. Bond equipment costs 200 bonds to move & demount kit can't be used, hence it is better used on a tank you really like to play alot & want to push the limits for it.

CausticSoda #5 Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49304 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-
Think you are mixing up improved gear and bounty gear. IMproved gear from bonds is fully upgraded, bounty gear needs 3 million

UrQuan #6 Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 23354 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCausticSoda, on 21 November 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Think you are mixing up improved gear and bounty gear. IMproved gear from bonds is fully upgraded, bounty gear needs 3 million

Considering the improved tag is also used to standard equipment/gear (improved vents & improved hardener are both standard), it can indeed be misleading. Hence it would indeed be more correct to refer to the equipment/gear bought with bonds to bond equipment/gear & the equipment from the battlepass to battlepass equipment. The improved equipment in this thread referring to battlepass equipment is because you can have upgraded (improved) and non-upgraded equipment (haven't paid the upgrade price tag yet)

So a short summary on equipment (which can also be referred to as gear)

Standard equipment comes in 3 categories: Standard gear is the only gear that gets buffed by matching it with the slot bonus on tanks tier 7 to 10.

Low tier equipment (for tanks tier 2 to 4) -> costs 50K silver 

Midtier equipment (for tanks tier 5 to 7) -> costs 200K silver

Hightier equipment (for tanks tier 8 to 10) -> costs 600K silver

Special comes in two categories as well. This equipment can be used on all tiers, as long as the tank is allowed to equip it.

Bond equipment (which costs 3.000 to 5.000 bonds depending on what you buy) & can only be demounted / changed to another tank by paying bonds.

Bounty equipment is further split up in two categories:

- non-upgraded bounty equipment. this comes from the battlepass & is free after you made the choice on which one to keep. Same performance as standard equipment, but does NOT benefit from the buff from bonus slot present on tier 7 to 10 tanks when you match it

-Upgraded bounty equipment -> costs 3 million to upgrade & is then better than standard equipment <-- This is what OP referred to as improved gear, as this is the only gear that can be improved/upgraded by paying 3 mill silver for it.

Echotun #7 Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25089 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostZIRA_KLAS, on 21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

I already have like 2 good premium tanks,but no good improved equipment.

what should I do ?

Kampfpanzer 50t

HansiVonHinten #8 Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52798 battles

I would never use the bonds on equipment only on tanks.

Dramya #9 Posted 27 November 2020 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19053 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostEchotun, on 23 November 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

Kampfpanzer 50t

That one requires a bit more then just bonds though :P

Death4U #10 Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 84497 battles
I have the same problem,thought about the 121b,FV215b & others,but they don't appeal to me,& I don't really need the equipment.:ohmy:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users