Jump to content


Why don't you use the player stats to balance the teams ?


  • Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Private_Miros #101 Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32014 battles
  • 13,228
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostZero_Taste, on 23 November 2020 - 05:02 PM, said:

 

Sigh.... Are you saying anything I didnt aleady infer from the start?

 

My initial post was what? That there are many average players jumping into these battles to simply grind stock tanks, who think they are seeing worse teams than the enemy. I suppose that can be taken many ways, but simply it states many average players grind and feel all they get is bad teams.

 

I then give an example of my weekend grind, why? Maybe I thought it relevant to the OP? 

 

At the end I give my opinion on the MM during that grind and can clearly be seen to be fed up.

 

Again. At what point is anything I posted relevant to overall stats or playing hundreds of battles, where are my posts regarding this? Why am I going to play more battles in an elite tank if I didnt enjoy the experience or simply want to progress up the tech tree?

Does it look like I am whining about win rate? I am not really getting this stats, large battle numbers ego put someone down thing that seems prevailant. I gave an example of 38 games that have already passed within the Sunday MM grinding a tank, something I will continue to do on occasion when the notion to play takes me, therefor I expect to experience again if grinding a tank from stock within the current MM system. Something that everyone experiences to some similar degree.

 

Where has this need to imply large battle numbers and win rates upon me came from, I still see nothing within my posts that gave reason to have a go about this?

 

 

The crux of the problem remains that average players see the average player is average and that that average is rather bad in quality, but somehow find that only problematic in all cases where it does not concern themselves.

 

The stats/number discussion was because you made your point based on a 11/38 session. Which is an irrelevant sample. If there are issues you should also have them with a 27/38 or a 19/38 session and explain why.

 

Note that in the OPs suggestion, you'd have more 11/38 sessions and less 27/38 session if you are an over average player than now.


Edited by Private_Miros, 23 November 2020 - 07:33 PM.


Zero_Taste #102 Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 508 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

View Postduijm, on 23 November 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

At what point is anything you posted rellevant to the question the OP asked?

 

And yes you were whinning.....see the green text.  Your words in the first post.

 

ps Why do you want to progress up the techtree if you have to play stock and only play 495 battles in 6 years?  Now I am curious. :popcorn:

 

So he didnt go on about his teams and randoms OK.

 

SO stating a fact that my win rate that was affected by the teams I was consistently within seemed like a joke is whining, fair enough, well at least it again corresponds with the OP.  Yes it nipped my head that I was losing.

 

I downloaded a free game upon a friends recommendation nearly 6 years ago, here I am, so what.

Why would I now want to progress up the tech tree?

Whats wrong with trying to grind stock tanks and using 75% crews?

 

I own many games, should I have played more than 500 battles in Battlefield 3 these last few years?

 

I have Destiny 2, do you think I played many games?

Minecraft, a handful.

GTA V, less than WoT.

Borderlands 2. Never played

Battlefield 1, less than WoT.

Fractured Space. a few times.

Subnautica. A few times.

Planetside. A few times.

 

Well there are over 40 games I own which I have played less than WoT, many never. So what is wrong with occasionally playing a game, and what is wrong with wanting to grind stock as often as possible?

 

Why so opinionated and feeling the need to continually point out win rates and stats with regard to a post where I mentioned an example of my weekend and the current MM?

 


Edited by Zero_Taste, 23 November 2020 - 07:26 PM.


duijm #103 Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:45 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53860 battles
  • 3,011
  • [RANGX] RANGX
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostZero_Taste, on 23 November 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

 

Again lol.

 

At what point have I made out 38 battles as relevant, (The fact that you mentioned it gives away you see it as rellevant, just like the time you play or that you were stock). you seem confused as I only mentioned that tank took 38 battles to elite and there is my experience and feelings at this time due to a bad day on the MM and the original post. My quote is consistent and relevant to what that tank is capable of within those parameters at that stage in grinding, therefor implying during those battles and ONLY during those small number of battles an outcome and experience within the parameter of that grind.

 

That same experience is exactly what many average players experience grinding tanks within the current MM hence the way many view it as one sided, teams fault etc, I honestly dont see where the hell your getting your points from when I am stating factual points that many average players simply grind a tank then sell it and have the sort of experiences I do, one look at your and Miros shows you too have tanks you simply grinded and stopped playing once elite.

 

I didnt whine about win rate or stats, I stated a factual series of events on what I myself went through grinding a stock T-34-85 and how I felt about the MM during that and its net result. No crying, no bitching, no epeen, simply reading the OP, giving my humble opinion on a game full of average players who simply grind stock tanks, and showing I feel my teams continually let me down more than I let them down, based on my looking at a series of battles during recent sessions grinding over small numbers Sundays where many say its a bad time to grind.

 

Not sure why you see that as whining or crying, or why you even see win rate or 500 battles as relevant. I might never bother with the T-34-85 again. I am fully aware a win rate regarding small battle samples as players grind are irrelevant.

 

What I do think about, and also not sure, hence no actual commitment, is the MM and its accomodation for grinding stock tanks, as I feel anyone currently grinding a tank with intention of immediately selling once elite is more often at the hands of team work than individual skills in some tiers maybe. But I could be wrong and have no idea as to what extent. You can elite tanks quite quickly with a premium account, 300% boosters and some of the xp events. Pretty sure I could have done that T-34-85 in less time with more premium gametime and boosters and easily had a lower or higher win rate.

 

I also now know full well that grinding the T-43 before the last gun was idiotic. But thats the game, thats randoms, players at all levels with all sorts of wrong ideas getting through grinds in a race to level up.

Does it look like I am whining about win rate? <--YES -->  I have a 20% win rate in the T-34-85 despite being stock and average with no crew skills that is a joke

 

And here

 

You cannot meaningfully improve your own win rate if your only interested in finishing a grind but can only play at specific times where the MM will dump you in a cesspool for the majority of your battles.

 

And here

 

I am nearly elite, with a disgusting win rate on that tank that in no way with that many battles (lol 38)  can simply be my fault or deemed ok i the long run, who the hell wants to leave a tank in that state, yet face an MM that continually puts you in teams from the lobotomy outpatient section. Its a no win farce.

 

And here

 

but had absolutely no influence over why the MM continually put me in bad teams. 40 games or 400 games, it doesnt matter, the MM will not suddenly change at my play times and start changing team compositions as its been consistent red teams every weekend grind since I started.

 

Need I go on? I almost feel like crying with so much bad luck.   But strange you do have a 51% winrate over 495 battles.....played at diferent times? not stock? etc etc tec


Edited by duijm, 23 November 2020 - 07:08 PM.


duijm #104 Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:59 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53860 battles
  • 3,011
  • [RANGX] RANGX
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostZero_Taste, on 23 November 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

 

So he didnt go on about his teams and randoms, and you dont see randoms as full of players like me simply grinding tanks to get elite then move on from. OK.

 

SO stating a fact that my win rate that was affected by the teams I was consistently within seemed like a joke is whining, fair enough, well at least it again corresponds with the OP.  Yes it nipped my head that I was losing quite a few battles due to higher tiers not contributing. But is that whining about stats or win rate or how it affects my grind and XP?  YES it is because you were talking about 6!!!!! extra battles lost. 

 

Why dont I want to progress up the tech tree? I own many games, should I have played more than 500 battles in Battlefield 3 these last few years? I downloaded a free game upon a friends recommendation nearly 6 years ago, here I am, so what.

So no answer???

 

I have Destiny 2, do you think I played many games?  Who cares..just answer the question.

Minecraft, a handful.

GTA V, less than WoT.

Borderlands 2. Never played Battlefield 1, less than WoT.

Fractured Space. a few times.

Subnautica. A few times.

Planetside. A few times.

 

Well there are over 40 games I own which I have played less than WoT, many never. So what is wrong with occasionally playing a game, and what is wrong with wanting to grind stock as often as possible? Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the last Christmas events so might buy a few boxes and hope for a Santa Commander and some female crews, isnt that what you do with free games?  Nothing wrong with it...but tottally illogical if you play 82 battles a year.  If you only play for fun occasional.....

 

Why so opinionated and feeling the need to continually point out win rates and stats with regard to a post where I mentioned an example of my weekend and the current MM? Were did I do that.....making stuff up again?

I only said 38 battles are irrelevent when you whine about only winning 29%, being stock etc etc,

 

 

And still this:  At what point is anything you posted rellevant to the question the OP asked?


Edited by duijm, 23 November 2020 - 07:01 PM.


rohangaming #105 Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2074 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

Guys, you know perfectly well how such a discussion  will end. You are better go and argue with a brick wall. It will save some time.

 

As for existing matchmaker, I feel it is pretty good. Sure you encounter rolfstomps quite often, but I generally feel that I'm not being picked on by matchmaker. If I lose, it is because I made some mistakes (of course if I'm not bottom tier). I can go back and reflect on what I did right or wrong. Just recently I was going to the zeppelin in Redshire with my O-I. Our heavies there were dying left and right when I eventually got there. I knew that enemies will come for me next and I had to make a decision. If I go to rock near the river or try to support my allies. I went to support my allies and managed to kill a super hell cat and some other heavy tank. I took out 2 low health tanks which would had rushed me. Then I backed down and provided spotting and distraction. My team took out Eagle 7. Type 64 loaded gold and tried to run circles around me. I rammed him backwards while ascending the mountain and gave a flat pancake for my allies to kill. There was another tank which I killed or my team killed and a Tiger which ran away after being intimidated by a massacre which I made. We won that match, because of my play there in preventing left flank from being overrun and allowing our allies to win mid and right flank later one. Without me it would be a certainly lost game as we had 3 artillery who would had died together with tank destroyers trying to defend that flank. It was very satisfying to adapt to my team suckiness and to influence battle. I generally feel that I have some chance to do something in every battle and I'm slowly learning to be useful in matches, be at the right time and the right spot and so my win rate slowly climbed from 48% when I began to over 50%.

 

Having more or less free for all enables me on average to be responsible for my own skill. Yes, my team often can suck tremendously. Yes, sometimes I can die with zero damage and zero spotting in a first minute of a match and still be carried into victory. However such system leaves you responsible for your own skill in games over time. This is not what we get with win rate based MM. There your influence is directly brought against you. The better you do, the worse your team will become. It will lead to extreme frustration of most skilled players as unicorns will quickly lose 10-20% of their win rate. Such system often causes experience players to leave a game and leave meta and player base strictly casual.

 

Btw: And I agree that it is satisfying to cause death of a tank 2 tiers higher than you, because he fought that you will be an easy prey. You either shoot at their lower plate, track them or let them die through spotting damage. Either way, you can have those little victories as an underdog, however I think that you all are just trying to cope with a bad system emotionally. Finding something to love in an ocean of crap. 


Edited by rohangaming, 23 November 2020 - 08:35 PM.


Peasant_wot #106 Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5946 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    07-20-2019
+1 for skill based MM, because you can only carry the game so much if your teammates have a job description of an XP pignata for enemy team.
 
Spoiler


GeneralJock #107 Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15607 battles
  • 596
  • Member since:
    11-06-2011

Wow.

So I haven't played for around 9 months. Just got bored with it.

Came back to have a look and this topic is still the current rage?

That's disappointing. Can I assume nothing else has changed in the gameplay too?

Jock



duijm #108 Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53860 battles
  • 3,011
  • [RANGX] RANGX
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

+1 for skill based MM, because you can only carry the game so much if your teammates have a job description of an XP pignata for enemy team.
 
Spoiler


So you carried 1 game.....lol  And why could this not happen with SBMM?  Explain that before you +1 something



Peasant_wot #109 Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:37 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5946 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    07-20-2019

View Postduijm, on 23 November 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

So you carried 1 game.....lol  And why could this not happen with SBMM?  Explain that before you +1 something

 

Who said that this would never happen? Ofc it would still happen from time to time but would be much rarer.



Private_Miros #110 Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32014 battles
  • 13,228
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

 

Who said that this would never happen? Ofc it would still happen from time to time but would be much rarer.

 

Correct. Any game where you'd do much over your HP worth of damage would be rarer.

 

Sounds fun.



Zero_Taste #111 Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 508 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

View Postduijm, on 23 November 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

 

 

And still this:  At what point is anything you posted rellevant to the question the OP asked?

 

So me stating my appaling grind session over Sunday's is me crying and whining about 6 games and not in a similar vein to the 1st post within this thread?  NO, thats you turning into that for that narrow mind to pick a fight over, nothing more than your twisted opinion. If anything its very relevant as it shows the OP who blames lesser players that lesser players like me have bad games and blame lesser players, and that many players with low battles counts simply dont have full control over their stats and win rates if all they are doing is casual games grinding tanks repeatedly, as also infered by better players like you.

 

So we see confirmation that not just the OP has feelings of bad teams, but you dont see that relevance, We see confirmation that low battle counts are not true representation of win rate, yet thats turned around also and now infers my expressing a bad session happens often while grinding as a huge whine and cry over win rate, I say thats rubbish. I feel I am under the impression win rate doesnt matter over a short ammount of battles due to current teams and MM. That I am entitled to state I had a bad weekend but that does not infer I am whining about win rate, I am stating a fact on the course of my weekends grind. That I accept that part of the game infers that I am not really that bothered, no?

 

Again we see your obviously not interested in anything but having an argument, your comment "no answer", sorry but if you dont see me asking why a player would not want to grind up a tech tree as a viable answer your again the one showing a problem here. Again with "who cares just answer the question" you show a clear lack of understanding or thinking, your seriously incapable of seeing that many players download free games and play occasionaly and those examples as an answer, again your problem not mine, and nothing but your pathetic trolling for an argument as a reply.

 

Yet, here we have again one of those weird looking for a fight contradictory responses where you validate nothing is wrong with occasional gameplay, so why then follow it up with "illogical of you only play 82 battles a year" are you really that sad you do the math on battle counts? Does it matter when I play or why?

Well obviously it matters in your opinionated need to have an online argument head. Would it surprise you that often I actualy log in then simply decide against playing and watch a movie instead?

 

Your last point, well your the one that spat out the dummy with an irrelevant "500 battles dont be a baby" comment after over analysing a comment and having to look up a players stats.

 

Truth be told, you having some sort of superiority complex due to wasting 10 years of free time to play a game with the net result being 55% of nothing of relevance is a lot more mind blowing and unsusual than what many people playing games do, which is simply buy or download free games, play them when bored or because there is nothing better to do, then log off for another number of months. No different or special than some housewife playing candy crush, but knock yourself out.

Dont get me wrong, I have friends as deluded as you are, it's why I am here after all, but it doesnt make you special or right in your assumptions and conclusions over me my account or posts.

 

I mean I have to laugh at you when you cant see relevance, GTA 5 as example, paid for that when it came out, didnt enjoy it, dont play it, yet I did log in a couple of times this year, I have games I dont play older than WoT, games I do play older than WoT, but your fixated and reading into some weird conspiracy when you see an old account get aired, no reality with regard to how other people might view and play games? Strange. Yet gaming is a very small percentage of what I myself do on a PC.

 

Is gaming your life, is it all you do? Is it important or nothing more than some wasted time to you spent because you were bored with nothing to do on days off?

 

Do you feel some need to make out it was whining when I only seen it as me pointing out a bad weekend? Is that important to you? You seem infactuated with all this? You got some sort of underlying problem? Would me agreeing with you make you feel better and bigger?

 

Sorry, I honestly dont understand your relevance post, maybe thats me, the OP and the thread are related to the OP being unhappy with the MM and his experiences in randoms no? And..... let me get this straight..... you cannot see relevance in the OP having a go at the game being about stats win rate etc, you didnt see him mention unbalanced games 80% of his times in game, that he the OP in his initial thread blames clueless people. YOU dont see that, nor correlate any relevance to a players similar experience? Is this due to stats? If I had more battles or better stats would it make you act differently?

 

But here, YOU dont see me talking about my weekend being bad due to a lot of players in my teams not contributing, as relevant? You dont see my points infering that small win rate was affected by team input too, that I had a bad time grinding them and mentioning facts of those battles is nothing more than whining with no correlation to the OP or me stating average and worse players have bad games and blame teams?

 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your having a laugh dude.

 

I do find it ammusing how players with a bit of an ego think its all about whining and complaining when a lesser player describes an event, about stats, and a blame culture, when reality is simply this is how I found it, it is factually how many weekend turn out for many grinding tanks, so what, its a game, it proves players dont carry every battle and win rate doesnt really mean everything to many, even bad players get frustrated at times, but play the same game and play on if interested.

 

But happy to dissappoint, sorry its just a simple cant be bothered playing most of the time account, and I am pretty sure everyone has had bad streaks in tanks they never returned too. Dont get me wrong though! I would like to have a better win rate and play better, its just, well its just a game. Not really interested in making a career out of it.

 

No doubt you will reply with no actual insight or worthwile reply, not looking forward to it but its obviously all you have to offer.

 

 

 

Lol, I have just been asked why I am still typing here, in the words of a better man than you or I will ever be, apparently this gets me no where, goodbye, no doubt your reply will be no less troll and meaningless as all your previous replies have been, good luck with that.

 


Edited by Zero_Taste, 23 November 2020 - 09:58 PM.


Peasant_wot #112 Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:59 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5946 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    07-20-2019

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 23 November 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

 

Correct. Any game where you'd do much over your HP worth of damage would be rarer.

 

Sounds fun.

 

So 90% of the player-base have to suffer just so the top 10% of unicums like you can have fun?



duijm #113 Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:05 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53860 battles
  • 3,011
  • [RANGX] RANGX
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostZero_Taste, on 23 November 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

 

So me stating my appaling grind session over Sunday's is me crying and whining about 6 games and not in a similar vein to the 1st post within this thread?  NO, thats you turning into that for that narrow mind to pick a fight over, nothing more than your twisted opinion. If anything its very relevant as it shows the OP who blames lesser players that lesser players like me have bad games and blame lesser players, and that many players with low battles counts simply dont have full control over their stats and win rates if all they are doing is casual games grinding tanks repeatedly, as also infered by better players like you.

 

So we see confirmation that not just the OP has feelings of bad teams, but you dont see that relevance, We see confirmation that low battle counts are not true representation of win rate, yet thats turned around also and now infers my expressing a bad session happens often while grinding as a huge whine and cry over win rate, I say thats rubbish. I feel I am under the impression win rate doesnt matter over a short ammount of battles due to current teams and MM. That I am entitled to state I had a bad weekend but that does not infer I am whining about win rate, I am stating a fact on the course of my weekends grind. That I accept that part of the game infers that I am not really that bothered, no?

 

Again we see your obviously not interested in anything but having an argument, your comment "no answer", sorry but if you dont see me asking why a player would not want to grind up a tech tree as a viable answer your again the one showing a problem here. Again with "who cares just answer the question" you show a clear lack of understanding or thinking, your seriously incapable of seeing that many players download free games and play occasionaly and those examples as an answer, again your problem not mine, and nothing but your pathetic trolling for an argument as a reply.

 

Yet, here we have again one of those weird looking for a fight contradictory responses where you validate nothing is wrong with occasional gameplay, so why then follow it up with "illogical of you only play 82 battles a year" are you really that sad you do the math on battle counts? Does it matter when I play or why?

Well obviously it matters in your opinionated need to have an online argument head. Would it surprise you that often I actualy log in then simply decide against playing and watch a movie instead?

 

Your last point, well your the one that spat out the dummy with an irrelevant "500 battles dont be a baby" comment after over analysing a comment and having to look up a players stats.

 

Truth be told, you having some sort of superiority complex due to wasting 10 years of free time to play a game with the net result being 55% of nothing of relevance is a lot more mind blowing and unsusual than what many people playing games do, which is simply buy or download free games, play them when bored or because there is nothing better to do, then log off for another number of months. No different or special than some housewife playing candy crush, but knock yourself out.

Dont get me wrong, I have friends as deluded as you are, it's why I am here after all, but it doesnt make you special or right in your assumptions and conclusions over me my account or posts.

 

I mean I have to laugh at you when you cant see relevance, GTA 5 as example, paid for that when it came out, didnt enjoy it, dont play it, yet I did log in a couple of times this year, I have games I dont play older than WoT, games I do play older than WoT, but your fixated and reading into some weird conspiracy when you see an old account get aired, no reality with regard to how other people might view and play games? Strange. Yet gaming is a very small percentage of what I myself do on a PC.

 

Is gaming your life, is it all you do? Is it important or nothing more than some wasted time to you spent because you were bored with nothing to do on days off?

 

Do you feel some need to make out it was whining when I only seen it as me pointing out a bad weekend? Is that important to you? You seem infactuated with all this? You got some sort of underlying problem? Would me agreeing with you make you feel better and bigger?

 

Sorry, I honestly dont understand your relevance post, maybe thats me, the OP and the thread are related to the OP being unhappy with the MM and his experiences in randoms no? And..... let me get this straight..... you cannot see relevance in the OP having a go at the game being about stats win rate etc, you didnt see him mention unbalanced games 80% of his times in game, that he the OP in his initial thread blames clueless people. YOU dont see that, nor correlate any relevance to a players similar experience? Is this due to stats? If I had more battles or better stats would it make you act differently?

 

But here, YOU dont see me talking about my weekend being bad due to a lot of players in my teams not contributing, as relevant? You dont see my points infering that small win rate was affected by team input too, that I had a bad time grinding them and mentioning facts of those battles is nothing more than whining with no correlation to the OP or me stating average and worse players have bad games and blame teams?

 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your having a laugh dude.

 

I do find it ammusing how players with a bit of an ego think its all about whining and complaining when a lesser player describes an event, about stats, and a blame culture, when reality is simply this is how I found it, it is factually how many weekend turn out for many grinding tanks, so what, its a game, it proves players dont carry every battle and win rate doesnt really mean everything to many, even bad players get frustrated at times, but play the same game and play on if interested.

 

But happy to dissappoint, sorry its just a simple cant be bothered playing most of the time account, and I am pretty sure everyone has had bad streaks in tanks they never returned too. Dont get me wrong though! I would like to have a better win rate and play better, its just, well its just a game. Not really interested in making a career out of it.

 

No doubt you will reply with no actual insight or worthwile reply, not looking forward to it but its obviously all you have to offer.

 

 

 

Lol, I have just been asked why I am still typing here, in the words of a better man than you or I will ever be, apparently this gets me no where, goodbye, no doubt your reply will be no less troll and meaningless as all your previous replies have been, good luck with that.

 


:facepalm:..all this because you lost 6 extra battles.   What a bucket of nonsence.

So many clueless Muppets who do not understand statistics or effects of balancing.  Oh boy.


Edited by duijm, 23 November 2020 - 10:11 PM.


UrQuan #114 Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:33 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23354 battles
  • 8,036
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

 

So 90% of the player-base have to suffer just so the top 10% of unicums like you can have fun?

 

Actually no, we try to get everyone to improve, so they stop being XP pinata's for decent players. My whole playstyle is about attracting fire on me & getting shot at, so my teammates got an easier time shooting the reds. And it works. 

Playing better leads to more fun. Sure frustrations still happen, RNG is in the game after all, but at least, when you know the game better, you know why you get shot it, why you are seen & how you can damage/outmaneuver those trickier tanks

 

Various good players got good streams going with helpful tips & hints. Asking questions about parts of the game people don't understand get answered by heaps of knowledge/tips, so people have a better rgasp on how things work (as long as you don't start the topic with accusations of hacks & cheats)

The skill gap in WoT is massive, but it doesn't have to be. Knowing the basics of spotting, shell mechanics & armor can get you a long way already, along with basic map understanding. People that struggle in the game can ask the forum for help or look for streamers that fit the way they like to play & learn from them. Don't ignore lack of knowledge & blame outside forces, because blaming everything & everyone but themself is exactly what holds most people back in this game.

 

PS; we can all get good & bad sessions, had a 15 game session with only 1 win not so long ago & that win was hard fought.... (I called it after that) On the other hand the fun, smooth sessions where everything falls in place is fun, but not the norm, because people all have their own thoughts on how to win games.


Edited by UrQuan, 23 November 2020 - 10:35 PM.


Private_Miros #115 Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32014 battles
  • 13,228
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

 

So 90% of the player-base have to suffer just so the top 10% of unicums like you can have fun?

 

What, no? The opposite. The more you ensure that an average player is always flanked by good players, the less chance you give to the average player to deal more damage.



_LongRangeSniper_ #116 Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 42350 battles
  • 12,125
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostZero_Taste, on 23 November 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

Truth be told, you having some sort of superiority complex due to wasting 10 years of free time to play a game with the net result being 55% of nothing of relevance 

 

This reminds me of a line in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (Don't all embarrass me by having to Google it)

 

Oz wins 100 Deutschmarks and is asked by a mate what he did with it.

 

Spoiler

 



Zero_Taste #117 Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:49 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 508 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

View Postduijm, on 23 November 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:


:facepalm:..all this because you lost 6 extra battles.   What a bucket of nonsence.

So many clueless Muppets who do not understand statistics or effects of balancing.  Oh boy.

 

The onlly one I see seemingly clueless is you, not one part of what I said was infering what you claim I meant, that you cannot understand that is pretty dire to be honest. Even more abhorent is your necessant need to berate and argue points while exasperating comments beyond context to sound like you have a valid argument. What is your problem?



jabster #118 Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:29 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12879 battles
  • 29,046
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Post_LongRangeSniper_, on 23 November 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

 

This reminds me of a line in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (Don't all embarrass me by having to Google it)

 

Oz wins 100 Deutschmarks and is asked by a mate what he did with it.

 

Spoiler

 


Isn’t that a rehash of something that George Best once said?

 

Admittedly it’s quite possible the he’s rehashing what someone else said.



duijm #119 Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:18 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53860 battles
  • 3,011
  • [RANGX] RANGX
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostZero_Taste, on 24 November 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

 

The onlly one I see seemingly clueless is you, not one part of what I said was infering what you claim I meant, that you cannot understand that is pretty dire to be honest. Even more abhorent is your necessant need to berate and argue points while exasperating comments beyond context to sound like you have a valid argument. What is your problem?

Whining for 6 lost battles is my problem.  What will you do after a loss streak of 10?  Spam this forum or worse? And again what has you sad story to do with the question of balancing by stats? You haven't got a clue.

 

Ps all your clames are nonsence too.   Total fabrications.

 

View PostZero_Taste, on 22 November 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

What you need to remember is that there are average players jumping into these battles with stock tanks and no crew skills, who continually see more team compositions of sub 50% win rate players on their side than the enemy.

Nonsence! We all get the same compositions of teams.

 

Grinding the T-34-85, I have a few hours of the free premium left, I can only play some games on a Sunday, I hardly play because quite simply since starting this game every time I play the majority of my team are always below 50% and there I am facing tier 8's like the Lowe than even my APCR cant pen while my teams top tier stays at the back and refuses to leave doing 57hp of damage all game.

Nonsence! Then how can your winrate be 51%??

 

I have a 20% win rate in the T-34-85 (27%) despite being stock and average with no crew skills that is a joke, I refuse to see it all as me being so bad at the game, I can only do so much, and no mattter how well I do every Sunday it seems all I get is bad teams and no support, makes it difficult to get the damage and spotting done when half your team is dead or still in base within 3 minutes of th ecounter starting. So I simply now see the win rate as an example of how bad the MM currently is, of how it simply cannot balance out, be consistent, or allow ne players to actually get into this.  

Nonsence! Silly conclusion after 6 extra losses in a session of 38.  You have a nice 51% winrate after 495 battles.  Looks to me like Balancing out.!

 

I have a few premiums, many free, got a couple out of Christmas gift boxes, but they are useless when you cant even learn the basics through stock grinds therefor not having fun or progressing within the game or your own abilities. Nonsence! First you complain about being stock...now elite premium tanks are useless for learning the basics or having fun?  lol make up your mind

 

Serioulsy, I get it in the ear from the friend that introduced me, play more, get guid, go to hell, playing 20 games on a Sunday where the FACT is the MAJORITY of your teams are not willing TO PLAY simply shows the game is a farce and a waste of free time. 5 games in a row today comming in the top 5 where 5 players with better tanks than me in higher tiers did 0 damage, I look at the enemy no one under 50%, why the hell are my top tier players regularily 45% or thereabouts!

So you want WG to rigg the game and give you only good players? Free to play means everybody can play it. If you dont understand that then stop playing.

 

Oh it will work out with time, what, I have to keep playing that T-34-85 on my Sunday free time and eventually hope to be god like enough for the sun to shine on me. I am nearly elite, with a disgusting win rate on that tank that in no way with that many battles can simply be my fault or deemed ok i the long run, who the hell wants to leave a tank in that state, yet face an MM that continually puts you in teams from the lobotomy outpatient section. Its a no win farce.

So you want WG to rigg the game and give you only good players?  And why dont you complain about the tanks you have a big winrate in?  Was that skill?

 

 

 

 


Edited by duijm, 24 November 2020 - 08:53 AM.


_LongRangeSniper_ #120 Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 42350 battles
  • 12,125
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View Postjabster, on 24 November 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:


Isn’t that a rehash of something that George Best once said?

 

Admittedly it’s quite possible the he’s rehashing what someone else said.

 

Yes, but I always thought Jimmy Nail's cover version showed off his classical acting skills.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users