On which basis do you choose the best Equipment loadout for a given tank?

Equipment

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Peasant_wot #1 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6444 battles

Do you aim to use it for covering the weaknesses of the vehicle to improve their strengths?

Personally, I always go for the latter and try to maximize vehicle's strengths (visual range, aim time ecc...) and play in a way that gives me the best opportunity to apply them in battle while evading the situations where my weaknesses are the most evident. Do you take a different approach and if so, why?

kaneloon #2 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34307 battles

I usually just follow the set indicated on the russian wiki ( just replace /whatever/ by /ru/ ). Icons are not language dependant ...

Sometimes you have to google translate when they put different configurations for different gameplay.

But I think they didn't update all the tanks with the new sets of equipment.

Other than that you can ask a streamer or the forum.

11:17 Added after 7 minute

About the philosophy followed : it very depends of your gameplay (sniper or brawler) and the particular tank.

There are not absolute rules.

Btw you can "play" in your garage by comparing the same tank with different equipments and perks and see the effects.

Edited by kaneloon, 23 November 2020 - 12:10 PM.

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #3 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 28418 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Compare improvements made by the equipment by looking at the tank stats on the panel to the right of the garage.

(They go up and down depending on which equipment you put in each slot.)

Then settle on the best improvement made, and equip that slot.

Occasionally I'll look at some sites to see which works for the unicums.

mpf1959 #4 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 42753 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
I just put on whatever it is that seems to help most according to what I want to do in whatever tank.

LordMuffin #5 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61263 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

Do you aim to use it for covering the weaknesses of the vehicle to improve their strengths?

Personally, I always go for the latter and try to maximize vehicle's strengths (visual range, aim time ecc...) and play in a way that gives me the best opportunity to apply them in battle while evading the situations where my weaknesses are the most evident. Do you take a different approach and if so, why?

I choose whatever equipment I think is best suited for the tank I play and how I want to play said tank.

Peasant_wot #6 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6444 battles

I have 5k battle under my belt, I understand how game mechanics work and what the Equipment does. I am asking would you use (for example) the Vstab on a TD to better shoot at distance or the camo net to be able to take more aggressive firing positions on the map, improving your accuracy that way?

Marlekin #7 Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:19 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 34653 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

I have 5k battle under my belt, I understand how game mechanics work and what the Equipment does. I am asking would you use (for example) the Vstab on a TD to better shoot at distance or the camo net to be able to take more aggressive firing positions on the map, improving your accuracy that way?

Well,
TD's cant use a Vstab, but I get the idea. Not all vehicles need a classic rammer, vstab, and optics/vents. Here a few examples of tanks and my equipment: 

Skorp G
Take my Skorp G, for example. Of course I take a rammer, but I also take a rotation mechanism and optics. Going with rammer, gun laying drive and binos would work too, but I like it like this. 
Why optics but not bino's? I like to be a mobile TD, so I move around alot and I would like to keep my viewrange maxed when in driving around. 
Why rotation mechanism but not camo net? The camo rating on the Skorp is poor, so a camo net doesnt help it much. The rotation equipment helps with gun handling,  and turning the turret, and turning the vehicle. 

AMX 13-57
Next example, my amx 13-57. I asked around and players gave me very helpfull advice on how to equip this tank. I followed their advice and started out with the classic optics, vents, and v-stab on this light tank. (No rammer because autoloader). I ended up changing the equipment to optics, turbocharger and vents. 
Why turbocharger and not optics: The 13-57 is a bit sluggish, so the turbo helps it out alot. With my crew it already has good viewrange, so I dont feel like im missing much. 
Why vents and not v-stab: The 13-57 already has decent gun handling, and with my crew its already in a good place. I'd rather use vents because it gives a much more overall boost

You can have a look at tanks.gg and try some forms of equipment and crewskills and see how it works out. 

WingedArchon #8 Posted 23 November 2020 - 02:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13439 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

I suppose a bit of both.

[Edit]

Seems I never finished this post.

Here a few examples of what I drive Around with.

Object 705A

-Hardening for an added 250 HP, totaling it to 2700.

-Improved Aiming, so I can more accurately fire at targets, even from longer ranges. In the 705A,s case it means it can actually hit something 2/3 times.

-Faster Aiming. This so synergize with IA from above. Trying to minimize its horrible gunhandling.

E-100

-Hardening for increased HP

-Improved Aiming, similar reason as above

-Turbo, this makes the E-100 a bit more maneauvrable

Many other HTs share equipment setup that gather from this quartet.

Skorpion

-Rammer for obvious reasons

-Turbo, because of a 60 kmh is nice. 

-Cant remember the third piece. I think either IA or Faster Aiming.

GW E-100

-Rammer

-Faster Aiming

-Camonet, because there little else thats interesting

Edited by WingedArchon, 23 November 2020 - 04:04 PM.

Bora_BOOM #9 Posted 23 November 2020 - 02:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35196 battles
  • [DID0] DID0
I have used the logic and my playstyle to set up mine. Then I would compare with Skill4ltu's spreadsheet. Since equipment 2.0 Yzne has some new setups and all that I have copied from him work very well. 

Infryndiira #10 Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27657 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I tend to equip tanks based on covering weaknesses a little more than improving strengths; for example, if a vehicle already has stellar gun handling but could use a little more mobility, why not pick Turbocharger over Vertical Stabiliser, especially since it would allow me to get into position or change flanks that much faster? Here are some examples:

Object 140: I am equipping Turbocharger, Gun Rammer and Improved Ventilation, in that order. The 140's gun handling is already amazing, so using the Turbocharger not only gives it a 60 km/h top speed but also covers its relatively weak power-to-weight ratio (especially when compared to some same-tier heavies...). I use the same or similar setup for other similar tanks, such as the T-62A and M46 Patton; quite frankly I didn't notice the absence of a Vertical Stabiliser much.

KV-5: Considering this tank's gun is a bad meme at best for a heavy, even after its buffs, I'm running mine with Improved Hardening, Additional Grousers, Turbocharger and Removed Speed Governor. Its mobility has skyrocketed right through the roof, to the point it's incredibly difficult to immobilise, while also making for an excellent ramming machine - and if that's not feasible, it can bring its gun to the medium flank a lot more easily, especially now that it can reach and sustain speeds above 40 km/h a lot more effortlessly.

Geno1isme #11 Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50925 battles

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Neither, as TDs can't use a vstab and these days I don't think there are any tanks I'd use a camo-net on.

There simply is no general rule, it always depends on the specific tank. Also equipment might change over time when the crew becomes better (e.g. removing optics due to viewrange skills).

Bordhaw #12 Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17430 battles

View PostPeasant_wot, on 23 November 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

I have 5k battle under my belt, I understand how game mechanics work and what the Equipment does.

Sirebellus #13 Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27534 battles
For me equipment is fairly simple, I don’t play lights so am not dreadfully bothered about vision in most of the tanks I play... what I want to do is shoot faster and aim quicker so Rammer, aiming device (Vstabs , GLD, or the new rotation mechanism thingy) and vents... if vents aren’t applicable in an open top TD then I might go for binocs

Also tagged with Equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users