Community Manager

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

LordMuffin #41 Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61263 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I am so happy that this thread is more related to gameplay then threads about how the map works.

Great job.

This is just a topic which have nothing at all to do with gameplay, since it is about some random guy becoming a WG community manager and him saying "Hi"...

Edited by LordMuffin, 03 December 2020 - 05:23 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #42 Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
Just waiting for Beth to shut down the thread and give our new CM a warning point....

Miepie #43 Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8139 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 December 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

Just waiting for Beth to shut down the thread and give our new CM a warning point....

I bet 5 manual fire extinguishers on Triggerhappy Bunny. :great:

Bulldog_Drummond #44 Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostMiepie, on 03 December 2020 - 04:38 PM, said:

I bet 5 manual fire extinguishers on Triggerhappy Bunny. :great:

Who knows?  If he is lucky it might only be shunted into the wasteland of Off Topic with no more than a Friendly Warning

Kasseibijter #45 Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27930 battles
  • [FREEP] FREEP

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 26 November 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

“console plebs” 

Careful now this might be considered as offensive language and might wake the wererabit!

fwhaatpiraat #46 Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 68098 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLordMuffin, on 03 December 2020 - 05:22 PM, said:

I am so happy that this thread is more related to gameplay then threads about how the map works.

Great job.

This is just a topic which have nothing at all to do with gameplay, since it is about some random guy becoming a WG community manager and him saying "Hi"...

inb4 warning for off topic :hiding:

Bulldog_Drummond #47 Posted 03 December 2020 - 06:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostKasseibijter, on 03 December 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

Careful now this might be considered as offensive language and might wake the wererabit!

I got a ban for using the word "idiots" in a post, so I trust that all will be careful what they say,

IntruderFI #48 Posted 03 December 2020 - 07:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 58554 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

So now that you are here.

When are you going to balance this game?

Kinda getting sick'n'tired of all the Chieftains and 279's in one team and 277 and 50B in an other.

Also why was reward tanks banned from the ranked, could it be there is a problem with these tanks but WG can't do anything so special snowflakes don't get angry?

Why was EBR limited to 1 in ranked but in randoms there can be 6 of them?

Wont even say welcome to forums because i know for a fact you ain't going to be here for long... just like every single person in that position before you

HanZi #49 Posted 03 December 2020 - 07:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51243 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 26 November 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

Hi Tankers

I am delighted to be able to announce that I have joined the team here at wargaming, as the title suggests, as another EN Community Manager. I was a player before I joined the team, with sporadic games on PC EU and NA servers, but a core number of games on Console tanks. With my newfound powers and access to the RNG switch :trollface:, I look forward to regrinding many a favourite line. I get to experience it all again, the joys and heartbreaks of grinding :D.

I hope to lift the load of Dwigt, allowing him and myself to spend more time interacting with you all!

Will be happy to platoon with anyone, show what us “console plebs” can do given a mouse and keyboard :D Then ask you not to share any clips when I drive off a cliff having forgot to turn auto drive off.

HeatResistantBFG/Heat/Jack/BFG/HuhRuhBuhFuhGuh/You get the idea ;)

Welcom, maybe you should go BAN some cheaters instead. MUCH more needed.!!!!

gunslingerXXX #50 Posted 03 December 2020 - 07:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16540 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
:popcorn:

SuperOlsson #51 Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26946 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

Yeah, why didn't you post in a proper forum... Oh wait, it's because all the other subforums are more or less dead and you wanted to reach an actual audience, isn't it?

Nothing personal against you as a CM, we're just unhappy with the forum moderation lately.

LordMuffin #52 Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61263 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 December 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

I got a ban for using the word "idiots" in a post, so I trust that all will be careful what they say,

Yes, though shan't use such profanities and vilgarities on the WG forums.

Recently I got warned for claiming that "qb isn't a '[edited]' player." 

Though the moderator didn't specify if it was the word [edited] or the compliment if QBs skill that was the issue.

20:58 Added after 6 minute

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 03 December 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

inb4 warning for off topic :hiding:

Doesn't really matter, does it?

It is not like the moderators are following the rules anyway, they just ban those they dislike for other reasons and hide it behind vague rules that could get you banned for anything.

The last part might get me banned though, because some moderator might feel offended about criticising their actions.

Edited by Homer_J, 04 December 2020 - 01:40 PM.
Bypassing the profanity filter

Dwigt #53 Posted 04 December 2020 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2364 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLordMuffin, on 03 December 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yes, though shan't use such profanities and vilgarities on the WG forums.

Recently I got warned for claiming that "qb isn't a '[edited]' player." 

Though the moderator didn't specify if it was the word [edited]t or the compliment if QBs skill that was the issue.

20:58 Added after 6 minute

Doesn't really matter, does it?

It is not like the moderators are following the rules anyway, they just ban those they dislike for other reasons and hide it behind vague rules that could get you banned for anything.

The last part might get me banned though, because some moderator might feel offended about criticising their actions.

Hey LordMuffin,

I have full confidence in our moderators and none of them are taking sides. 

We're not here to discuss moderation rules and how it works but our forum rules are clear and simple. 

I'm pretty sure you can share your opinion in a much more elegant way that would fit our forum rules and avoid the warning point. 

For those who are worried about us breaching our own forums rules, let me assure you that HeatResistant first informed the moderators that he'll be posting in the gameplay section. It was discussed in advance just like any other decision that we make on the forums.

Posting this announcement in the gameplay section is very much ok as my colleague will be covering and answering your gameplay topics and questions. 

The gameplay section is probably the most active section (just like any other forums!) so it would be very logical to someone who wants to be in touch with our players to post here. 

So please, let's give a warm welcome to our new Community Manager and steer away from non constructive discussions.

LordMuffin #54 Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61263 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDwigt, on 04 December 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hey LordMuffin,

I have full confidence in our moderators and none of them are taking sides. 

We're not here to discuss moderation rules and how it works but our forum rules are clear and simple. 

I'm pretty sure you can share your opinion in a much more elegant way that would fit our forum rules and avoid the warning point. 

For those who are worried about us breaching our own forums rules, let me assure you that HeatResistant first informed the moderators that he'll be posting in the gameplay section. It was discussed in advance just like any other decision that we make on the forums.

Posting this announcement in the gameplay section is very much ok as my colleague will be covering and answering your gameplay topics and questions. 

The gameplay section is probably the most active section (just like any other forums!) so it would be very logical to someone who wants to be in touch with our players to post here. 

So please, let's give a warm welcome to our new Community Manager and steer away from non constructive discussions.

Why is it ok for you post an irrelevant topic in gameplay (which this is). It should have been posted on the announcement section.

If you want to get the forum users to use more then 1 or maybe 2 sections, you yourself have to do that aswell, instead of ignoring other sections yourself because this is the most populated section. It is not like other section will be more populated if you also chose to ignore them and not use them for their intent.

If it is ok to post announcements here, may I suggest that you then also remove the entire announcement section, since it doesn't have a purpose in that case.

If the guy wants to be in touch, saying "Hi" is not really how he should do it. If he wants to get in touch he have to involve himself in the discussions asap, that is a far better strategy then irrelevant "Hi" topics.

This is about moderation rules, how they work and how moderators choose to follow them according to some interpretation which can change depending in thread, poster and moderator. There is a huge lack in consistency.

For example, there is a whine thread named "many players should use Velcro..." or something similar. The OP of thread consist of nothing other then some whine and a negative attitude to other players, yet that thread your moderators choose to leave as is.

There is also now a thread called "bigger maps" or similar. If your moderators would be consistent, the bigger map thread should be moved from this section for being "posted in wrong section".

Then I tried to make a poll to see what the community thinks of WGs map designing skills and wether they have improved or not, and what they perceive as the largest issues with current design and what is the largest positives with current design. Such a thread obviously gets move to "map tactics", despite it having nothing at all to do with map tactics at all.

Your moderators do indeed do a perfect job.

Homer_J #55 Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:21 PM

Field Marshal

• 34693 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLordMuffin, on 04 December 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

There is also now a thread called "bigger maps" or similar. If your moderators would be consistent, the bigger map thread should be moved from this section for being "posted in wrong section".

I am sure you aware of where the report button is.  Now if I may suggest this conversation about moderating is over.

SuperOlsson #56 Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26946 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

Next time, there is like a thousand ways you can handle this better, "Yeah sorry, we'll move he thread back" and all would be fine. "We are not interested in having this type of topics in this forum", "Yes, we moved the thread, this decision will stand" would be better options, now you just went for the powermove and hushed everyone, not nice.

LordMuffin #57 Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61263 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHomer_J, on 04 December 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

I am sure you aware of where the report button is.  Now if I may suggest this conversation about moderating is over.

Irrelevant remark. Since you should have some capacity to act outside of reports.

Edited by LordMuffin, 04 December 2020 - 03:26 PM.

HeatResistantBFG #58 Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:28 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1796 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 04 December 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

Why is it ok for you post an irrelevant topic in gameplay (which this is). It should have been posted on the announcement section.

If you want to get the forum users to use more then 1 or maybe 2 sections, you yourself have to do that aswell, instead of ignoring other sections yourself because this is the most populated section. It is not like other section will be more populated if you also chose to ignore them and not use them for their intent.

If it is ok to post announcements here, may I suggest that you then also remove the entire announcement section, since it doesn't have a purpose in that case.

If the guy wants to be in touch, saying "Hi" is not really how he should do it. If he wants to get in touch he have to involve himself in the discussions asap, that is a far better strategy then irrelevant "Hi" topics.

This is about moderation rules, how they work and how moderators choose to follow them according to some interpretation which can change depending in thread, poster and moderator. There is a huge lack in consistency.

For example, there is a whine thread named "many players should use Velcro..." or something similar. The OP of thread consist of nothing other then some whine and a negative attitude to other players, yet that thread your moderators choose to leave as is.

Then I tried to make a poll to see what the community thinks of WGs map designing skills and wether they have improved or not, and what they perceive as the largest issues with current design and what is the largest positives with current design. Such a thread obviously gets move to "map tactics", despite it having nothing at all to do with map tactics at all.

Your moderators do indeed do a perfect job.

Perhaps if you go into announcements you'll see that it is also posted there, but many people don't go in there as you yourself say and reaching as many as possible was the goal.

Your map post did indeed get moved but you seem to have not noticed/ignored that i went in there, said i liked the thread and will be keeping an eye on it to get info and do a feedback thing on it at a later date to get some more detailed explanations of why people answered as they did. I agree i should be getting involved in discussions, that's why i have been trying to replying in all area's of the forums i can reply and across all the different platforms :) But i certainly look forward to being more involved in the discussions here on the the forums and hopefully learning a few things, as we can all learn something from someone!

If you have issues with anything my DM's are always open, and there are plenty of ways to get a point across and open a discussion/debate. Spamming multiple threads certainly isn't a good way to go about that. 

Now if you want to raise some concerns about the moderating team then please feel free to dm myself or Dwigt, and we will take the issue seriously. The same goes for any issues with our actions, you can message the other or ourselves, we're not above criticism and i'd like to believe will happily take any constructive criticism to heart with the aim to improve what we do.

I hope to see plenty more of you on the forums, and get into some long discussions about aspects of gameplay, maps and everything else! 

Marco_Is_Legend2019 #59 Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 333 battles

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 04 December 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

If you have issues with anything my DM's are always open, and there are plenty of ways to get a point across and open a discussion/debate.

There is only one way...

HeatResistantBFG #60 Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:39 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1796 battles

View PostMarco_Is_Legend2019, on 04 December 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

There is only one way...

120mm APFSDS at dawn?

Also tagged with Community Manager

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users