• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

LordMuffin #61 Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61263 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 04 December 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Perhaps if you go into announcements you'll see that it is also posted there, but many people don't go in there as you yourself say and reaching as many as possible was the goal.

Your map post did indeed get moved but you seem to have not noticed/ignored that i went in there, said i liked the thread and will be keeping an eye on it to get info and do a feedback thing on it at a later date to get some more detailed explanations of why people answered as they did. I agree i should be getting involved in discussions, that's why i have been trying to replying in all area's of the forums i can reply and across all the different platforms :) But i certainly look forward to being more involved in the discussions here on the the forums and hopefully learning a few things, as we can all learn something from someone!

If you have issues with anything my DM's are always open, and there are plenty of ways to get a point across and open a discussion/debate. Spamming multiple threads certainly isn't a good way to go about that. 

Now if you want to raise some concerns about the moderating team then please feel free to dm myself or Dwigt, and we will take the issue seriously. The same goes for any issues with our actions, you can message the other or ourselves, we're not above criticism and i'd like to believe will happily take any constructive criticism to heart with the aim to improve what we do.

I hope to see plenty more of you on the forums, and get into some long discussions about aspects of gameplay, maps and everything else! 

If I had been interested in announcements by WG, I would have checked out that area. But now I ain't, so your thread is just a way to put some extra junk in gameplay section.

This is of course nothing about you personally.

[content removed]

Discussing/ disputing moderation.

Post edited.

~BethHarmon, Forum Moderator

Edited by BethHarmon, 04 December 2020 - 06:21 PM.

hedi2222 #62 Posted 05 December 2020 - 02:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37670 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Welcome!
I'm curious though, if you can share such information
What qualifications did you need to be in such a position? and over how many platforms/communication channels do your tasks extend?

HeatResistantBFG #63 Posted 06 December 2020 - 11:34 AM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1796 battles

View Posthedi2222, on 05 December 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

Welcome!
I'm curious though, if you can share such information
What qualifications did you need to be in such a position? and over how many platforms/communication channels do your tasks extend?

Platforms wise we cover pretty much everything. Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Youtube, etc, If our players are talking somewhere we want to be involved :)

Qualifications wise i think is a tricky thing, as there aren't really degrees in specifically community management yet. The simplest answer i can give is to check https://wargaming.com/en/careers/ and whenever a new CM spot comes up look at the "What are we looking for?" section and that will give you a rough idea what they want for that job. All in all it will be down to the people doing the hiring what the detailed answer is. I consider myself very lucky to get this job, i've been hanging around the edges of Wargaming for a fair number of years before getting here :D 

My "journey" started as a player active on the forums during beta and launch of console, then a small youtuber for console, then a console CC for 6+ years during which i went to any event i could, and i worked for WG as "floor staff" at an event in my native UK. So not sure if that shows of anything special beyond 7+ years later and i still love the game and it's communities. For exactly what qualified me you'd have to ask my bosses :D

If you wanna know more/ask for advice feel free to DM me and i'll help where i can :)

Anna_Kalashnikova #64 Posted 06 December 2020 - 03:23 PM

General

• 18452 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

Wait, there's a party going on here? :bajan:

In before the last balloon has plopped :honoring:

Joggaman #65 Posted 06 December 2020 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26451 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Welcome

FriendlyRussianBunny #66 Posted 06 December 2020 - 06:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 45158 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 26 November 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

Hi Tankers

I am delighted to be able to announce that I have joined the team here at wargaming, as the title suggests, as another EN Community Manager.

Well that's confusing, I though you were another NOT Community manager! :confused:

Shall I Not welcome you or not? Is it your birthday as a PC tonker? Then Happy Unbirthday to you!!! 

I guess I did overthink this

Welcome

hedi2222 #67 Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37670 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 06 December 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Platforms wise we cover pretty much everything. Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Youtube, etc, If our players are talking somewhere we want to be involved :)

Qualifications wise i think is a tricky thing, as there aren't really degrees in specifically community management yet. The simplest answer i can give is to check https://wargaming.com/en/careers/ and whenever a new CM spot comes up look at the "What are we looking for?" section and that will give you a rough idea what they want for that job. All in all it will be down to the people doing the hiring what the detailed answer is. I consider myself very lucky to get this job, i've been hanging around the edges of Wargaming for a fair number of years before getting here :D 

My "journey" started as a player active on the forums during beta and launch of console, then a small youtuber for console, then a console CC for 6+ years during which i went to any event i could, and i worked for WG as "floor staff" at an event in my native UK. So not sure if that shows of anything special beyond 7+ years later and i still love the game and it's communities. For exactly what qualified me you'd have to ask my bosses :D

If you wanna know more/ask for advice feel free to DM me and i'll help where i can :)

That's actually very useful! Thank you for sharing

_LongRangeSniper_ #68 Posted 12 December 2020 - 01:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 43981 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 06 December 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Qualifications wise i think is a tricky thing, as there aren't really degrees in specifically community management yet.

From the perspective of the forum, it's being visible. So engaging on the forum and Discord, maybe more than just the announcement thread.

Eek and Jaharrkrararrarjararrrakkaarrin were probably the best at this, and one wasn't even a CM.

misterslate #69 Posted 12 December 2020 - 01:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14043 battles
  • [TPFJ] TPFJ

View PostTankkiPoju, on 26 November 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

980 battles at max tier 8.

You will fit EU staff just nicely.

If anything, he's over qualified.

The_Naa #70 Posted 17 December 2020 - 04:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15580 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

ahh, welcome.

a bit late i assume but i did not know we had new blood pumping.

i look forward to seeing you here on the forums. :)

Also tagged with Community Manager

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users