APCR

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MilankosStylos #1 Posted 24 December 2020 - 10:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8563 battles
Hi, My opinion on this premium shells is this: I understand that maybe you cant shoot through maus, type 5 heavy etc., but problem is that you play X tier medium tank for example and your biggest armor is on turret and you show just turret and VIII tier can penetrate with apcr or whatever.. it doesnt make sence for me, because why should I play this tiers when ,,everyone,, can kill you. This game should be about tactics as well so if you cant penetrate you go with two tanks and just go behind someone and he can do [edited](teamplay) or just spot for others what can shoot through whatever, but every tank has some + and -(mobility,rate of fire etc.) I know its hard to solve this to balance everything...But its just no good even I cant enjoy game its not fun. So i hope someone will solve this one day and balance it somehow. I also understand that many people will moaning about it that this is ok as it is and APCR are best and blah blah blah. But my personal opinion is IT IS NOT OK and deal with it how I am ok with your opinion IT IS OK. Anyways Merry Christmas 

Edited by Homer_J, 30 December 2020 - 04:19 PM.
profanity

UrQuan #2 Posted 24 December 2020 - 10:41 AM

General

• Player
  • 23823 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So, to get this straight & in a short context; you want your medium tank turret to be able to withstand shots? Plenty can already do this well tho, even with prem ammo involved. It is part of why so many load prem to start with. If yoru standard ammo can't do much, the prem or HE gets loaded. flanking & such is great, if only the maps allowed more of it.

Also, quite some tanks got low to no armor & still do well, because the first rule of driving a med is: Do not get hit. Getting hit is bad for your average medium tank's health.

Do note that plenty of higher tier tanks do have APCR as standard ammo

MilankosStylos #3 Posted 26 December 2020 - 10:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8563 battles

View PostUrQuan, on 24 December 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

So, to get this straight & in a short context; you want your medium tank turret to be able to withstand shots? Plenty can already do this well tho, even with prem ammo involved. It is part of why so many load prem to start with. If yoru standard ammo can't do much, the prem or HE gets loaded. flanking & such is great, if only the maps allowed more of it.

Also, quite some tanks got low to no armor & still do well, because the first rule of driving a med is: Do not get hit. Getting hit is bad for your average medium tank's health.

Do note that plenty of higher tier tanks do have APCR as standard ammo

that medium was example,but if you want another example i have badger and some medium tank go with 4 ammo shells and in 5 secs i have -1800 because of apcr or heat or whatever just premium shells so what is the point play when people make this game so easier with that its just not fun..but this is only example...and you can do a lot of dmg without premium shells you just need to know weak spots on tanks thats it but its just easy to aim somewhere and shoot and penetrate...not fun.. and you can move your tank into many angles and it doesnt help why because of better shells

twibs #4 Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11561 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
Welcome to pay to win. Pay up or sod off.

SupremeMaster #5 Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 54578 battles
  • [EDBFE] EDBFE
Shell caliber mechanics are easier than deciphiring this post.

Homer_J #6 Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• 34489 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMilankosStylos, on 24 December 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

why should I play this tiers when ,,everyone,, can kill you.

I'm not sure the game would be very good if we had invincible tanks.

So a tank 2 tiers lower than you is doing damage, if they are trading shots with you then they will be doing half the damage you are and have a lot less health so you will still win.  If they change that then you not only win on damage and health but he has to fight through your team and get behind you to do anything at all.

dolores1 #7 Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29003 battles
Let's tell the truth about this game! It has become the most infected online game is worse than cs. It is full of minor players and in addition it has become a miserable game and penetration is no longer what it once was. Playing with the tank is 100 with apcr projectiles and not penetrating 8th generation tanks is something critical. In addition to being an idiot, use the real money in this miserable game. I hope to run out of players as soon as possible. In the situation where you go on the site and complain about some situations, you end up talking to robots instead of understanding and solving your problem. After 8 years of this miserable game, I decided that it was not worth playing this game, especially to use my money in a virus game. RUSSIANS no longer receive my money

MilankosStylos #8 Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8563 battles

[Edited]

Edited by L3gionaire, 05 January 2021 - 04:25 PM.
Abusive language

BigtprimE #9 Posted 06 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6624 battles
  • [-SWF] -SWF

View PostHomer_J, on 30 December 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

I'm not sure the game would be very good if we had invincible tanks.

So a tank 2 tiers lower than you is doing damage, if they are trading shots with you then they will be doing half the damage you are and have a lot less health so you will still win.  If they change that then you not only win on damage and health but he has to fight through your team and get behind you to do anything at all.

Sure no one wants invicible tanks. The problem is that nowadays everyone shoots Gold ammo at eveything.

Gold ammo brought unbalance to the very start they were introduced into the game. At hat time, it was really gold ammo so not much players loaded them into their tanks.

Since then, gold ammo became accessible through usual ingame currency, players tended to use them more but not so much (the way I felt it then).

But these days came the marks of excellences, bringing the spam gol ammo phenomena. And it can be seen in all tiers, from the very low tiers (at least tier III) to upper tiers.

These ammos are not loaded by "noob players" in majority, but by players farming  marks of excellences (Noob players can't afford it because the cost is way to heavy, while the old players have much more ingame currencies)

I can understand the statement saying : apcr and heats are mandatory in upper tier (IX, X), but scaling the tank's armor in these tiers towards APCR/HEATS it's a Wargaming mistake that brought more unbalance in the others tiers uppon the -2/+2 shift unbalance that annoy plenty of players.

It's a good thing if Wargaming is really working on a overall ammo rebalance, but I hope it won't be toward a new P2W monetization process.
The following is a totally personnal though, but i can't convince myself to put money in the game in it current state. I would prefer that Wargaming position his monetization behavior towards pay to progress or cosmetic stuff

MilankosStylos #10 Posted 06 January 2021 - 01:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8563 battles
i want to vomit when i play whatever tiers and premium ammo is everywhere on stupid 4 tiers omg this game is so trash every day I am more and more convinced that i will just uninstall this crapbecause its stupid stupid pay to win

Homer_J #11 Posted 06 January 2021 - 04:44 PM

Field Marshal

• 34489 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBigtprimE, on 06 January 2021 - 12:12 PM, said:

But these days came the marks of excellences, bringing the spam gol ammo phenomena.

Then get rid of MoE, that won't upset the game balance and most players won't even notice they are gone.

BigtprimE #12 Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6624 battles
  • [-SWF] -SWF

View PostHomer_J, on 06 January 2021 - 03:44 PM, said:

Then get rid of MoE, that won't upset the game balance and most players won't even notice they are gone.

I'm not against it, but I think this not what Wargaming has in mind.

Mark of excellence is a kind of endgame stuff for gamers that have accomplished almost everything in the game. It's a way to give a reason to them to keep connecting even if they are kind of bored by the game.

In it's current state, the game is a little repulsive for newbies so maybe the Wargaming strategy is to just to try to keep is current player base.

Plus an an ammo overhaul could be a way to get the interest back (if it's correctly achieved).

Destroyer_out_of_hell #13 Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41973 battles
  • [A_R_O] A_R_O
i just quit the game after 7 years of playing it because of premium ammo this game is not playable anymore armour of tanks dosent mather anymore its soo easy to press 2 and cannot do missions like bouncing shells etc and the artys still 3 arty in 1 game its just too much!!!!

Gremlin182 #14 Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70345 battles

Arguably premium ammo is needed more today than in previous years.

We used to play games that always consisted of 3 tiers and our position in the tiers was balanced.

So a tier 8 tanks would as often be in a game where it was top tier with a few other tier 8 tanks and some tier 6 and 7.

It could just as often be in a game with tier 7 8 and 9 tanks, and also tier 8 9 and 10 tanks.

Todays games not only are there some very tough tanks around but almost all the games you play will be all tier 8

tier 8 and 9 or 8 9 and 10.

So given in most games we are meeting same or higher tier tanks most of the time we need something to make us competitive.

That something is sadly Premium ammo.

There isn't really an answer to it other than possibly reworking the MM once again.

You cannot remove premium ammo, because then you need to rework standard ammo to take its place and or rework armour values.

It is intended that all tanks can be damaged in a game whether by SPG HE premium or standard the game doesnt care, forcing players to repair tanks and use up credits.

limiting the number that can be carried in a battle is also a none starter as there will still be enough to destroy any tank just with premium.

5rounds of premium per tank ok so that's 75 premium rounds per team so what do you do make it 1 round per tank or charge 20k per shell.

It still comes down to players having to choose between probably losing to a better tank or paying to kill it.

Learn to aim they say learn the weak spots.

Right yeah I know the weak spots  not always able to hit them due to positioning or terrain but I know them.

So while my 700 hit point 100mm armoured tank is trying to find a shooting solution and maybe take 250 hit points off the 1500-200 hit point enemy tank what is he doing.

Well he is auto aiming at me as his 260 pen gun can pen me anywhere any range and take 50% of my hits.

olmocap #15 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21592 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

View Postdolores1, on 14 January 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

[Edited]

Wow, so much salt every time someone mentions the 2 key.

You guys should just chill a bit  and learn to live with it because it ain't going anywhere.

sammygo #16 Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16693 battles

View Postolmocap, on 14 January 2021 - 05:51 PM, said:

Wow, so much salt every time someone mentions the 2 key. You guys should just chill a bit  and learn to live with it because it ain't going anywhere.

Rubbish. It's completely fair to discuss/complain about something that is not ok. I admit that the outlook for a different prammo WOT is not very bright, the current situation is also close to unbearable. I'm very hesistant to use APCR because I'm largely F2P, but I can't count the number of games where I was outshot by comparable tanks who preferred (and could afford) APCR. Ergo, significant less battles won, less XP etc. And don't reply with 'aim better'. That has nothing to do with the difference between AP and APCR. Aiming better also helps with APCR. Although it's certainly quite and effort to rebalance the game towards less APCR, we all know that the real reason is money. All players with a WR>50 ánd a premium account should be looked at as if they would have a WR of several percentages lower. I mean all players, but certainly the unicums (which I will never be). Can't wait to read all the comments from people who feel offended now.

The funny thing is, I can afford to buy a premium account. But I won't, as it doesn't make me a better player. But it certainly would provide me more games won. Big time.

Zanardi2 #17 Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1040 battles

Instead of complaining about APCR, why don't you try to adapt? If you see that a tank is spamming gold at you, why don't you flee? You cannot force anybody to do anything anyways.

I play a tier 4 German tank and I see plenty high tier tanks which shoot APCR at me. Let them shoot. I do what I can.

Edited by Zanardi2, 16 January 2021 - 10:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users