exclude map ban no fun more

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Chookitypok #1 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51233 battles
  • [SZONE] SZONE

Hereby a request to see more exluded maps. 

"Oh no not this horrendous map!" I'd like you exlude this thought when entering a game, siphoning all the fun and great gameplay WOT has to offer. 

Please make it more then the two we're given at this moment. 
A model like the Random Battle Mode (in Settings-> General) where you would tick off the maps you really do not enjoy being on.

(Edit; spelling and grammar)

Edited by Chookitypok, 01 January 2021 - 03:50 PM.

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Whereas I would like the opposite. I don't think the feature should exist at all.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 82047 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
We don't need more ways for arty players to only filter out closed maps, and HT players to only filter out open maps tbh. As adding more options would more or less be that. 

Mr_Burrows #4 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55758 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 January 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

We don't need more ways for arty players to only filter out closed maps, and HT players to only filter out open maps tbh. As adding more options would more or less be that. 

Out of curiosity, what maps have you got filtered out? Question extends to all, not just you personally I might add. :great:

I have excluded Fjords and Highway, the latter after a losing streak on that map no less than a dozen games long (or what it felt like anyway). 

Inquisixion #5 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24264 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD
i'd love to have 3 slots for excluded maps. i can't stand Paris and Berlin and would love to add Mines as well. so yeah, one more slot would be useful. or two, so i could exclude the Ghost Town as well. whoever thought that map was worthy of addition to the game should be fired. upon. with artillery. and nukes..

lord_chipmonk #6 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMr_Burrows, on 01 January 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, what maps have you got filtered out? Question extends to all, not just you personally I might add. :great:

I have excluded Fjords and Highway, the latter after a losing streak on that map no less than a dozen games long (or what it felt like anyway). 

When I remember that the feature exists, it depends on what I'm playing at the time. If I'm playing tanks that need long-winded vision based games out go Himmelsdorf & Ensk for example. 

Chookitypok #7 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51233 battles
  • [SZONE] SZONE

Out of curiosity, what maps have you got filtered out? 

Ensk and Paris. Berlin to be next please. 

As for argument sake; It drains the fun out of the game, simply ending game sessions. No more WOT for the day. 

Never thought of excluding maps due to specific tanks, its just that I find those maps un-playable.

Whereas I would like the opposite. I don't think the feature should exist at all.

As for options gamewise; when the option was placed I felt it as relief. Once there. I think it would enhance gameplay instead of forcing it up.

But... convinced that the feature should not exist yet using it. That kinda negates the agrument.

(Edit; spelling and grammar)

Edited by Chookitypok, 01 January 2021 - 03:51 PM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #8 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35419 battles
I think there should be an anti-filter for clickers. Make them play Himmelsdorf every game.

lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostChookitypok, on 01 January 2021 - 03:48 PM, said:

But... convinced that the feature should not exist yet using it. That kinda negates the agrument.

Not really. I don't think the feature should exist and would prefer that it did not, but at the same time not using it at all would be intentionally putting myself at a handicap. It's like gold ammo. I disagree with how it is implemented in the game, but will use it where required. It is not contradictory to disagree with the system but still use it as designed. 

Chookitypok #10 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51233 battles
  • [SZONE] SZONE

Not really. I don't think the feature should exist and would prefer that it did not, but at the same time not using it at all would be intentionally putting myself at a handicap.

Alright, true on that. 

Would you agree then, as it is in place already, that by extending this feature it would bring more joy overall then to leave it as it is?
I understand what you say for specific tanks but as you stated already, you use the system on the same way - to prevent from handicaps, and there is nothing wrong with that. Extend this feature, for example by 1 or 2 more maps, still everybody has the same options to exlude as you have the same option to use whatever tank you want to use. 
It does not effect gameplay on it self, nor the team or map deployment nor the MM or any in-game mechanics. Suicide-By-Map won't be as common (which is really harmfull at the start of a game). 
​What it does effect is happiness -  As that is where you play this game for. 

As for gameplay as it is at this moment I don't think that it matters or effect what opponents you get in the MM; HT's going to the open field or to the medium lines. Yolo-trains on only 1 side of the map. 3 Scouts on the same spot. This is already happening, excluding more maps will not change that. 

lord_chipmonk #11 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostChookitypok, on 01 January 2021 - 04:18 PM, said:

Would you agree then, as it is in place already, that by extending this feature it would bring more joy overall then to leave it as it is?

I understand what you say for specific tanks but as you stated already, you use the system on the same way - to prevent from handicaps, and there is nothing wrong with that. Extend this feature, for example by 1 or 2 more maps, still everybody has the same options to exlude as you have the same option to use whatever tank you want to use. 
It does not effect gameplay on it self, nor the team or map deployment nor the MM or any in-game mechanics. Suicide-By-Map won't be as common (which is really harmfull at the start of a game). 
​What it does effect is happiness -  As that is where you play this game for. 

I would be wary to go along with this. If we extended it to 4 maps, why not 5 or 6? There is no obvious point at which enough is enough. So, no, I would not like to see it extended per say. Assuming it stays in the game, I would like those with a standard and premium account to be able to exclude the same number of maps, thus removing any small pay 2 win element. 

To reiterate though my actual preference would be for the feature to not exist at all. I see it as a further dumbing down of the game and I don't think the game needs any more of that right now. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 01 January 2021 - 04:21 PM.

Chookitypok #12 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51233 battles
  • [SZONE] SZONE

I would like those with a standard and premium account to be able to exclude the same number of maps.

Yes, Indeed. 

And, agree to disagree.

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 80548 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostMr_Burrows, on 01 January 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, what maps have you got filtered out?

Pearl River and Tundra

lord_chipmonk #14 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostChookitypok, on 01 January 2021 - 04:33 PM, said:

I would like those with a standard and premium account to be able to exclude the same number of maps.

Yes, Indeed. 

And, agree to disagree.

Fair enough. :)

iuytr #15 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16981 battles
  • [LOWRO] LOWRO

View PostChookitypok, on 01 January 2021 - 03:00 PM, said:

"Oh no not this horrendous map!" 

Sadly I get that sinking feeling far more often than a positive one. And that's having excluded Himmelsdorf! I have actually just turned off the game in disgust quite a few times.

15:42 Added after 2 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 January 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

I see nothing wrong with wanting to play maps that suit the vehicle you're playing.

TheJ4ckal #16 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8200 battles

If you find maps unplayable, you simply arent as good as your stats imply.

You are artificially making yourself look better than you are.

Cmon, there is something wrong with you if you cant play Paris. 

Just because you dont know a strategy for a map, doesnt mean it is bad. Unless you are one of those blinkered players that play the same way all the time.

The more maps you block, the more irrelevant stats are. You cant have it both ways.

Plus you are a fool if you still dont realise it only blocks normal battles, Encounter and Assault are unaffected. So why waste your time?

DaniulSims #17 Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
Back in my day this wasn't even a thing, and
other, older maps were just as bad.

LethalWalou #18 Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38233 battles
  • [SIWA] SIWA

View Postiuytr, on 01 January 2021 - 03:40 PM, said:

I see nothing wrong with wanting to play maps that suit the vehicle you're playing.

There's nothing wrong in what someone wants. You although have to look at the bigger picture of what it would cause if we could better choose what maps we play on with what tanks.

Edited by LethalWalou, 01 January 2021 - 05:03 PM.

Inquisixion #19 Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24264 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD

View PostDaniulSims, on 01 January 2021 - 03:48 PM, said:

Back in my day this wasn't even a thing, and
other, older maps were just as bad.

i have recently come back after more than 3 years away from this game. and i have noticed several maps that i used to know are not in the game any more. new maps have taken their place. some good (i do like the Glacier), some bad. but i fondly remember maps that have been removed, some of them were much, MUCH better than a lot of the new ones. like Northwest. i loved that map. a ton of opportunities for any type of tank. it didn't force heavies to go to one corner and meds to another. or Severogorsk. or Port (i know, one spawn had better winrate than the other, but it was a great map, apparently it's coming back). and oh, how i loved South Coast. i didn't care if i spawned on the "disadvantaged" side like i do (and many others) on Mines. i loved that map from any side. Swamp, Windstorm, Dragon Ridge, i could even say that i didn't mind Hidden Village, although it wasn't a good map whatsoever. does anyone remember Komarin? ah, good old days. what we do get nowadays are turds like Berlin, Paris, Ghost Town and slightly less retarded Studzianky or Pilsen. i do miss the old days, i'll tell ya..

UserZer00 #20 Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16629 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD
I'd love it if they could make it a feature where you could select a randomly generated map for random battle, negating the advantages of having memorized the ideal placement.

This doesn't mean I want them to get rid of the fixed maps, just have the random maps as an added feature.  As with everything, certain players would love the option and certain hate it.

Also tagged with exclude, map, ban, no fun, more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users