Excluded Maps; Need more

exclude map ban no fun more

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Sirebellus #41 Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27881 battles

I have Paris excluded... it is a tiresome map where every game is the same because the options are so limited...

I also have Ensk excluded, though I am thinking of switching that to Himmelsdorf - the reason I didn’t choose himmelsdorf in the first place was because before the low their changes I used to enjoy playing games in T2 and T3 TD’s and you can’t exclude Himmelsdorf from low tier games... but now that low tier tanks have more HP fast tanks with Pew-pew guns rule lower tiers, so I don’t like the low tier games now

If I had a third exclusion slot I would have those three in them, or maybe Empires Border because of the new maps that Is the one I dislike the most... 

So maybe 2 maps for standard accounts plus an extra slot for premiums would be okay

I do find myself yearning for games on Swamp, Secret Valley and Windstorm

lord_chipmonk #42 Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostPitulusu, on 02 January 2021 - 06:50 AM, said:

maybe when i will have over 30K battles like you and few tanks to research, till then i play like at least 10 tanks each session from all categories and i happen to have LT in himmel and slow HT on prokorovka or other open space maps. Also there are those winter maps where one side has no cover for HT to advance and the other side it's covered and i saw so many times how one or 2 HT didn't even reach they're spots being spotted and killed.

I have plenty of tanks to research, but came to the conclusion some time ago that I tend to play better if I stick to a limited number of tanks (even better if they're similar) in a play session than a bit of everything. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #43 Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:23 AM

General

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Prokhorovka...

That is my #1 excluded map because it simply doesn't let me do any active plays on it (or my teams got less balls than my mouse).

dw321 #44 Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9316 battles
  • [5K5] 5K5

View PostMr_Burrows, on 01 January 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, what maps have you got filtered out? Question extends to all, not just you personally I might add. :great:

I have excluded Fjords and Highway, the latter after a losing streak on that map no less than a dozen games long (or what it felt like anyway). 

yeah got Highway and Ensk. both cursed maps for me

Mr_Burrows #45 Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55758 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View Postdw321, on 02 January 2021 - 12:52 PM, said:

yeah got Highway and Ensk. both cursed maps for me

I actually do not think Highway is a bad map per se, but I have had teams that all went one way  - leaving one flank undefended - on that map that it is not even funny anymore. Over the past few months (I did not play during the summer) it seems that maps have begun play a bit differently than before my break. Some of them have gotten way more dynamic in the gameplay (Abbey for example, it has turned into a rather fun map as of late with skirmishes in the middle and not only corridor play along the edges) whilst others have gone more stale. 

iuytr #46 Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16981 battles
  • [LOWRO] LOWRO

View PostPowJay, on 02 January 2021 - 09:49 AM, said:

In answer to Mr_Burrows. 

I have Glacier excluded. I absolutely despise that map and I can give you reasons. 

1. I am a TD player. The suitable TD perches with cover/concealment are useless in terms of view range and being able to hit enemy targets. I don't think I found anywhere I really liked on either side.

2. SPGs. Although I don't play them that often, I never really found a suitable location that was safe and able to hit either of the two main brawling points. The central ridge means that the aim area is elongated and unpredictable,

3. Scouts. Useful, but see above. No use spotting for TDs and SPGs that cannot hit anything.

That leaves MTs that brawl on one side and HTs that brawl on the other and it can be possible to support the elevated track with a TD, but the long and short of it is, although I had some really good battles here, most went on far too long only to end in destruction and loss. And, no. I don't think I need more tinfoil, I absolutely hate it.

I had a hard time choosing between Glacier and Ensk, but while I despise Ensk, battles are over so quickly, either for me or everyone, that I decided I preferred to block Glacier.

Currently, with some free Premium time (mission rewards) I have Berlin also blocked as I am as certain as I can be that I have lost between seven and nine battles in a row here recently.

You'd rather have Ensk than Glacier? Seriously? Why not lobby to have Mittengard restored but even smaller??? Well just shows how different people play the game for different reasons.

If anything there's too many sniper/arty/passive spotting locations on Glacier. It's just that they aren't all relevant for all battles it depends where the flow goes so you have to relocate. I guess that's a bit of a pain for some players.

iuytr #47 Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16981 battles
  • [LOWRO] LOWRO

View Postjack_timber, on 02 January 2021 - 09:49 AM, said:

Empires Border and Paris are the banned ones for me....

Not to bad a map for 'clickers', well I can make it work.

Thing about Himmelsdorf and Ensk for arty isn't so much about map layout as time of battle. Given reload and aiming times you don't have much chance to get shots off.

Chookitypok #48 Posted 02 January 2021 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51233 battles
  • [SZONE] SZONE

I have plenty of tanks to research, but came to the conclusion some time ago that I tend to play better if I stick to a limited number of tanks (even better if they're similar) in a play session than a bit of everything. 

The same argument can also be made for decreasing/adding maps you play on, for the learning curve. 

Don't you hate it when you have to learn something you don't like ("Oh no not this horrendous map!")? For fun.  Picking tanks is a more free choice then maps. 

It should still remain optional of use as it is now (add the same for non-premium and premium clients!). Whether it be expanding your learning curve or monopolising your strategy/tank/stats or simply dislike a map (as you can dislike certain tanks too and be free of choice not to play them). 

Edited by Chookitypok, 02 January 2021 - 07:07 PM.

lord_chipmonk #49 Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostChookitypok, on 02 January 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

The same argument can also be made for decreasing/adding maps you play on, for the learning curve. 

Only if you are able to limit the available maps very considerably; more than I think would be healthy for the game. 

CausticSoda #50 Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50076 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 01 January 2021 - 03:48 PM, said:

If you find maps unplayable, you simply arent as good as your stats imply.

You are artificially making yourself look better than you are.

Cmon, there is something wrong with you if you cant play Paris. 

Just because you dont know a strategy for a map, doesnt mean it is bad. Unless you are one of those blinkered players that play the same way all the time.

The more maps you block, the more irrelevant stats are. You cant have it both ways.

Plus you are a fool if you still dont realise it only blocks normal battles, Encounter and Assault are unaffected. So why waste your time?

By your logic, you should be excluding most of the maps...

Paris sucks, tedious map. I can play it, I choose not to.

I must be a fool, oh wait, I also block encounter and assault. Maybe you didnt think of that...

View PostPowJay, on 02 January 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

In answer to Mr_Burrows. 

I have Glacier excluded. I absolutely despise that map and I can give you reasons. 

1. I am a TD player. The suitable TD perches with cover/concealment are useless in terms of view range and being able to hit enemy targets. I don't think I found anywhere I really liked on either side.

2. SPGs. Although I don't play them that often, I never really found a suitable location that was safe and able to hit either of the two main brawling points. The central ridge means that the aim area is elongated and unpredictable,

3. Scouts. Useful, but see above. No use spotting for TDs and SPGs that cannot hit anything.

That leaves MTs that brawl on one side and HTs that brawl on the other and it can be possible to support the elevated track with a TD, but the long and short of it is, although I had some really good battles here, most went on far too long only to end in destruction and loss. And, no. I don't think I need more tinfoil, I absolutely hate it.

I had a hard time choosing between Glacier and Ensk, but while I despise Ensk, battles are over so quickly, either for me or everyone, that I decided I preferred to block Glacier.

Currently, with some free Premium time (mission rewards) I have Berlin also blocked as I am as certain as I can be that I have lost between seven and nine battles in a row here recently.

Glacier is great for TD's and arty.

Mine are Ensk and Paris. Maybe WGing should check on the blocked maps to help them decide what people like as I bet 75% include Ensk.

headdie #51 Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12978 battles
Would be nice if excluded maps meant excluded not treated like a suggestion

Nishi_Kinuyo #52 Posted 03 January 2021 - 12:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postheaddie, on 02 January 2021 - 07:31 PM, said:

Would be nice if excluded maps meant excluded not treated like a suggestion

Try reading the manual about excluding maps.

mpf1959 #53 Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 43684 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostChookitypok, on 01 January 2021 - 03:00 PM, said:

Hereby a request to see more exluded maps. 

"Oh no not this horrendous map!" I'd like you exlude this thought when entering a game, siphoning all the fun and great gameplay WOT has to offer. 

Please make it more then the two we're given at this moment. 
A model like the Random Battle Mode (in Settings-> General) where you would tick off the maps you really do not enjoy being on.

(Edit; spelling and grammar)

I am forever wishing for more choices, and many are the times I say the same, oh god not this bloody map again!

My latest map I love to hate is Pearl River. 

But now and then I say that then go on to have a great game, like yesterday on that map in my STA2 in a tier 10 game I came 2nd on exp, to some no big deal, but for me, that was a really great result on a map I would ban.

So maybe we shouldn't seek to ban but rather to overcome? :)

shot_078.jpg

Also tagged with exclude, map, ban, no fun, more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users