Holiday Ops 2021 Event Extension: Prolong the Festivities and Get the Bonuses!

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #41 Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16564 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Posttoodo_cxh, on 08 January 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Assuming you reached level X (all 18 tier V decorations around garage), you can exchange 4500 shards out of them at the very end of the event.

Then you can use it either to get previous years styles or use up all the antiduplicators...

HOWEVER, WG requires you to keep them so that you can have bonuses in garage till the end of month...

Well, it's a trade off... WG trys to make us "waste" decorations by keeping them in the plaza...

Depends on what you want (styles by shards or bonuses to games), you lose to WG anyway... GREAT standard slav business model. 

Hahahahahaha You Play You Lose

:facepalm:

beercritch #42 Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51300 battles

View Postpiropopirk, on 09 January 2021 - 12:19 AM, said:

So,nobody will answer? we have to choose between credits bonus or  skins? or we can have both? if we smash all decorations on 10/11 january,we will still have credits bonuses after? or not? why wg is so  unclear about that? becose so far nobody actualy answered to this qwestion.

This is the big question so far this year. When I read the initial news story I assumed it would just be the bonuses on the 7 Christmas tanks (rank V to Rank X plus chucks bonus tank) that would last until the end of the month.  This is what is usually the case from previous years

The bonus to credits lasting until the end of the month never occurred to me as its not been done this way in previous years. Obviously it is such a boost that without question if the credit boost is available till the end of the month then I need to maintain it

Edited by beercritch, 09 January 2021 - 09:43 AM.

RedJester #43 Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29109 battles

View Postbeercritch, on 09 January 2021 - 08:42 AM, said:

This is the big question so far this year. When I read the initial news story I assumed it would just be the bonuses on the 7 Christmas tanks (rank V to Rank X plus chucks bonus tank) that would last until the end of the month.  This is what is usually the case from previous years

The bonus to credits lasting until the end of the month never occurred to me as its not been done this way in previous years. Obviously it is such a boost that without question if the credit boost is available till the end of the month then I need to maintain it

I am pretty sure the garage will go back to normal and we lose the credit boost, you just keep the Holiday Ops bonus for vehicles. Most of us really only care about the credit boost I expect so will probably smash the decorations if I need to. 

aszen1 #44 Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7423 battles
  • [IQWXP] IQWXP

Just for once because reading can be hard sometimes :hiding:

• All tanks currently placed in your Holiday Ops vehicles slots (including Chuck's slot) will continue to receive their bonuses and the bonus to credits.
  • The amount of the bonus to credits will be equal to the highest value you achieved during the event, even if you break all decorations and lower the Festive Atmosphere Level.

nico_le_clodo #45 Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36639 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostPsticide, on 08 January 2021 - 03:32 PM, said:

Will it still be possible to scrap all lvl 5 tree decorations the last day like its been the previous seasons, or will removing my decorations from my tree, delete my extended bonusses ?  Please put this in the news too as many people have been undressing the tree to squeeze out 2500 scraps more the final day these last few years and they need a warning they might lose out on their bonusses if they do so ? 

This whole confusion on extended bonusses i think is because there is many different bonusses, there is the tank slot and chuck slot bonusses , and the xmass tree credit bonus, will ALL the bonusses continue till end of januari ?

Yes based on what they say on the page:

• The amount of the bonus to credits will be equal to the highest value you achieved during the event, even if you break all decorations and lower the Festive Atmosphere Level.

guest273 #46 Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37997 battles
  • [LUCH] LUCH
So, tomorrow is the day I need to demount all the decorations from the tree and craft everything, right?
11:42 Added after 2 minute

Oh yeah, before I forget - can we talk about the snow maidens free daily decoration, where:
"You can receive a random level I, II, III, IV, V decoration",

but instead you just receive the lowest level decoration always?

RedJester #47 Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29109 battles

View Postaszen1, on 09 January 2021 - 09:37 AM, said:

Just for once because reading can be hard sometimes :hiding:

• All tanks currently placed in your Holiday Ops vehicles slots (including Chuck's slot) will continue to receive their bonuses and the bonus to credits.

Yeah but that is only non-premium tanks in slots, not premium tier 8s for example I play to farm credits with the credit bonus. So kind of irrelevant to me.

Grimwing #48 Posted 09 January 2021 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25613 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

Okay, so there are things that are not entirely clear for me still.

1. When is the last day we receive small boxes from missions/snow maidens?

2. When will it be safe to break the currently applied decorations to get their shard value (and use them to complete collections), but maintain atmosphere level X?

Because knowing these things would greatly help me decide on what strategy to use when crafting and what collections would be possible to finish.

Thanks!

Edited by Grimwing, 09 January 2021 - 03:09 PM.

zuu_2016 #49 Posted 09 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15666 battles
  • [R-T-W] R-T-W

View Postguest273, on 09 January 2021 - 12:39 

Oh yeah, before I forget - can we talk about the snow maidens free daily decoration, where:

Same problem here.

MarveII #50 Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19901 battles
  • [ZWACK] ZWACK

View Postguest273, on 09 January 2021 - 12:39 PM, said:

That is why they introduced upgrades to the gifts from the ladies. If you max their level you always get level 5. I have been receiving level 5 decorations from them since the start of the event as that was the first thing I maxed out.

Prettyman #51 Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25841 battles

The last few missions from Chuck are a right PITA there all about damage.

This is fine if your driving about in a Premier T10 heavy spamming gold, but a basket if your not.

Is there another Chuck mission on the 10th ? Maybe one that doesn't require Top Gun.

guest273 #52 Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37997 battles
  • [LUCH] LUCH

View PostMarveII, on 09 January 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

That is why they introduced upgrades to the gifts from the ladies. If you max their level you always get level 5. I have been receiving level 5 decorations from them since the start of the event as that was the first thing I maxed out.

"a random decoration from tiers: I, II, III, IV, V" - gives smallest tier always - hmmm yes, very random.

peixe2 #53 Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27463 battles
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL

View PostGrimwing, on 09 January 2021 - 02:06 PM, said:

Okay, so there are things that are not entirely clear for me still.

1. When is the last day we receive small boxes from missions/snow maidens?

2. When will it be safe to break the currently applied decorations to get their shard value (and use them to complete collections), but maintain atmosphere level X?

Because knowing these things would greatly help me decide on what strategy to use when crafting and what collections would be possible to finish.

Thanks!

1. Tomorrow (January 10)

2. Tomorrow (January 10). Do it after you've played your daily battles, of course. The bonus will only appear on January 11.

View Postguest273, on 09 January 2021 - 08:15 PM, said:

"a random decoration from tiers: I, II, III, IV, V" - gives smallest tier always - hmmm yes, very random.

That's what "random" means :facepalm:

That's why you level up the Snowmaidens. Of course they won't give you tier 5 decorations so easily if you haven't leveled up. What were you expecting?

CatcusJo #54 Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19573 battles
  • [MASH] MASH

Can anyone help   or having same issue?

The chuck missions..   when I click on them in the garage its shows 25/32 complete but does not show the ones still to be done.... wanted to reduce the last few with shards to save time but they don't show up.... so don't even know what I need do to complete them !!

All it says is 8 missions in progress by Chuck's face.....but nothing under that where they are normally shown with a scroll bar.

Any idea of how to view them?  

stay safe

L0rd_0f_War #55 Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14357 battles
So the Maiden should give one last decoration on January 11? I sure hope so, as I need those 250 shards to forge my last needed tier 5 decoration in the Decorider. I mean it does have a counter for the hours before next gift available at this time, and if the Snowmaidens gift is ready each day at 6:00 CET, i.e., 2 hours before the Holiday Ops is suppose to end. Would be a bummer if I miss out on that last gift from the Snowmaidens.

Gremlin182 #56 Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71874 battles

No more Chuck missions today 10th Jan but still got my Lvl 5 gift from the Snow maidens and it says another one due in 20 hours.

We began with 24 small boxes per day + the Snow Maidens gift.

Then the Advent gift ended so it was 21 per day.

With Chucks missions ended its down to 15 for possibly the last day

Psticide #57 Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51341 battles
  • [0TTER] 0TTER

have to say the small boxes missions this year were a great system, only took my free to play account 7 or so days to get lvl 10, the year before it took me at least three weekly resets so 15+ days to get enough shards, the trick was to just gamble random lvl 5s for 360 shards and just hope to get lucky as it was way to expensive to craft dedicated 1000+ shard items

they will probalby nerf it next year, mark my words

Edited by Psticide, 10 January 2021 - 03:39 PM.

Snaques #58 Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40233 battles

I'm curious as to why? This just feels very sloppy.

Tbh, I would prefer the ops to end already as the games are an absolute mess. One and a half months of mega credit boosts should have everyone already swimming in credits.

NovaStrict #59 Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2677 battles
  • [-BAC-] -BAC-

Ok so here goes nothing:

1. Snow Maidens can be leveled up by using them or by investing shards. They give decorations based on their level. At level 5 they only give level 5 decorations.

2. Chuck does not have a daily mission on the 10th in order for people to be able to complete their ongoing missions.

3. Chuck missions do not have to be done in top tier. My highest tier tank is a Tier 8 TD. I did all missions, but yes the ones requiring 3k damage or 4 kills in a battle are a bit hard and depend on luck.

4. Chuck tank discounts need to be applied today 10th January. You can apply them today and buy the tanks later on. AFAIK the discount will not vanish, but stay on the selected tank, similar to how blueprints stay.

5. You can destroy all the decorations to complete collections and tomorrow the highest bonus you achieved will still be active. Not today, obviously as the event is still ongoing. Do it before you go to bed.

6. To complete collections, just craft random level 5 shards for 360 each until you have 18 decorations left. Then use all your 18 anti-duplicators. I completed 2 collections like this and still have enough to complete another one after breaking all my decorations tonight.

7. I think this event was the best holiday event I ever took part of in a game. There are mmos that don't even do events or they do it half-assed. I think the event brought a lot of people back into the game and it really helped me play the game after a 4-year break. The bonuses based on account age were really nice, I never got things like this in other games. They are either grind-heavy or locked behind season passes.

Disclaimer: Yes, I have bought a round of 3 Large Crates from each collection and I did get a Matilda BP in one of them and enough gold to buy Premium Account for the entire duration of the event. I do not regret it, it was really fun and worth the money.

NicoPudel04 #60 Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5899 battles
  • [ROM-E] ROM-E

Block Quote

• The Event Extension will last until the end of January, until the release of Update 1.11.1.
  • During this period, the cooldown for changing vehicles in Holiday Ops Vehicles slots for free will increase (once every 24 hours), but by spending a few credits, you can change them after each battle.

What they don't say, is that the credit bonus you have max reached is tied to the Holiday Ops bonus, so you can only apply that to 1 (ONE) vehicle at a single time, and it has to be a tech tree tank !

So you can't really grind credits with the bonus, though it helps a little with stock grinds.

You would think a billion dollar company could afford someone who can write a clear and concise article ...

Or is it that the article was purposely written like this, as it's not technically a lie but a loooooot of ppl had expectations of grinding credits after event was over.

Edited by NicoPudel04, 11 January 2021 - 07:31 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users