Infryndiira eyes bleeding paint skill siema

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

FriendlyRussianBunny #1 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 46885 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Some interesting insights in the random Web. Scientist are still trying to figure this out, but fortunately hundreds of volunteers will keep testing the left side of the map to shine some light on the matter. :amazed:

Block Quote

They even started an intense conditioning program to address the issue:

Block Quote

After thousands of tests they identified a pattern:

Step #1 - Battle Start

Step #2 - After a bunch of seconds

Block Quote

Apparently the scientist found all participants share with the team some kind of coded message. They noticed it is always present, but are still confused about its meaning:

I am looking forward to more articles about this map, I must confess I am hooked :ohmy:

Edited by FriendlyRussianBunny, 11 January 2021 - 11:36 PM.

StronkiTonki #2 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:20 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 42376 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Weird, cause my team always still seems to lose to enemy teams that attack the beach.

It's why I have this map blocked nowadays anyway, cause it seems that beach = loss, unless it's the enemy team that takes beach.

PeaceWalker1 #3 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21721 battles
In my opinion the left side needs to be defended, but it is very hard to actually push there, which is why you lose if no one is there or if to many are there. Most people are simply needed elsewhere.

hjorte #4 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32123 battles

View PostFriendlyRussianBunny, on 11 January 2021 - 11:18 PM, said:

After a bunch of seconds

And who killed those 10 tanks on the beach? ;)

Private_Miros #5 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34920 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostPeaceWalker1, on 11 January 2021 - 10:21 PM, said:

In my opinion the left side needs to be defended, but it is very hard to actually push there, which is why you lose if no one is there or if to many are there. Most people are simply needed elsewhere.

Like Lakeville valley, no one needs to be there to even defend. Just get map control of the rest. They can push base all they want, they won't come far if your team has vision and map advantage.

22:25 Added after 0 minute

View Posthjorte, on 11 January 2021 - 10:23 PM, said:

It's extremely easy shoot them all from above provided you have map control over the rest of the map.

Edited by Private_Miros, 11 January 2021 - 11:34 PM.

FriendlyRussianBunny #6 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 46885 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Posthjorte, on 11 January 2021 - 11:23 PM, said:

Likely these 2 guys that were farming from the ridge

Except the 3 tanks that were flipped. They did not get there in time :harp:

Spoiler

Edited by FriendlyRussianBunny, 11 January 2021 - 11:35 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 40576 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
"The world is a comedy to those who think; and a tragedy to those who feel."

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 11 January 2021 - 11:42 PM.

FriendlyRussianBunny #8 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 46885 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 January 2021 - 11:41 PM, said:

"The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel."

But gives some fun on the forums at least! :harp:

saxsan4 #9 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:06 AM

General

• Player
  • 32867 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

on the south side of the map there is a bunker that directly overlooks the beach and you wshoot down on all enemies,if you re in hull down TD or med or heavy its amazing

I went with turtle 1 there and DESTORYED the entire enemy team who went in that position 

CmdRatScabies #10 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I suspect  tells you something about what much of the player base wants - a straight "honest" face-to-face fight with no sneaky flanking and no decisions about positioning.

FizzleMcSnizzle #11 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42680 battles
Whilst the smart play is to avoid the beach at all costs, your best chance of having a big (if not necessarily winning) game on that map is... to go beach.  

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 12 January 2021 - 02:25 AM, said:

Whilst the smart play is to avoid the beach at all costs, your best chance of having a big (if not necessarily winning) game on that map is... to go beach.

Follow the hit points.  

LethalWalou #13 Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39785 battles
  • [SIWA] SIWA

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 11 January 2021 - 10:24 PM, said:

It's extremely easy shoot them all from above provided you have map control over the rest of the map.

The beach is just like the valley in Lakeville. It's a flank you can't just completely ignore, someone still needs to go there, or dedicate themselves to it defensively. Only in case of a full yolo lemming leading to complete map control no one really needs to go to those flanks on those maps. If the game is played slowly you will have to at some point send back tanks to defend the push from beach or valley. Bad players tend go to those flanks often which is why good players go there as well to farm the bad players. That's what wins those games as well, otherwise good players wouldn't do such plays.

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32310 battles

when there is arty, the beach is the best place for a bottom tier heavy on this map

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 12 January 2021 - 04:05 AM.

bertiebond #15 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52211 battles
  • [S__T] S__T

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 11 January 2021 - 10:24 PM, said:

Like Lakeville valley, no one needs to be there to even defend. Just get map control of the rest. They can push base all they want, they won't come far if your team has vision and map advantage.

-> This. Just recently I had 10 tanks on my team lemming into the valley and all got[edited]as the reds just laughed all the way to base via city and even the centre lake road

Edited by Homer_J, 12 January 2021 - 10:52 PM.
Profanity

Infryndiira #16 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31470 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Not gonna lie, you made me lol at least three times, and only once by tagging me :teethhappy:

I always had trouble with Overlord myself. It just... fails to captivate me, I guess? I've had some amazing games in it with heavy and medium tanks, but I never fully understood it or enjoyed it - so I banned it yesterday, at least experimentally. I guess part of me missed raging at high-tier Mines games :teethhappy:

First, you have the Beach. It's great if 2-3 tanks hold the line there, just to make sure you don't get flanked... But it feels like most of the time, your team loses the beach all the time, regardless of what tank you're playing and where you're positioned, including if you're at the beach yourself. Lady Luck just makes sure you have three arties raining down or you, or a hard-counter vehicle opposite to you, or incompetent support, or all of the above.

Then you have the ridges above the beach. Two levels of it. I kinda like it! I like taking strong hull-down vehicles (and heavies in general, from IS-7 to JPz E 100 and E 75) to aggressive positions around the left-hand and central cliffs, trying to flank the vehicles that fight around the central cliffs or the middle dip and what not. Of course, this means you have to contend with enemy camping TDs (which is technically workable), tanks on the cliff above you (workable), tanks on the beach that magically get shots on you (rare but always... amusing, shall we say... :angry:) and, of course, 6d6 enemy artillery pieces all focusing you down (which makes total sense, but that fact doesn't make me any less angry when I see them being the only thing able to outplay my positioning :arta:). In the right-hand most ridge, with the windmill and the bunker, you can get some aggressive spotting and whatnot, especially with light tanks and clown cars.

Move further right from the ridges and you reach the big donut of death, the Little Dipper, or the middle dip. The one with the bunch of bushes around. It has some great spots for mediums and lights, but somehow I rarely ever get the ability to deliver shots to anything from there, but at least I can go in and do some aggressive spotting or counter-spotting if I'm in the right vehicle... and hope I have sufficient backup, so that enemies don't yolo me in there. It's alright, really. I guess.

And finally there's the Murovanka's Magic Forest's inbred cousin, the Magic Double Ribbed Far Right Hand Flank. It has bushes! The bushes never, ever, ever work! It's supposed to be great for medium tanks and some lights, but for the love of god I don't have the foggiest clue of how to play that flank - either I have no shots at anything (and vice versa) or I get annihilated in no time. On the plus side, when it opens up, you can zoom right through it and dip into North's or South's Big Dipper for some flanking around the Little Dipper and spot Zee Kempers.

Speaking of which, Zee Kempers. Mostly sitting at the high ground around the bottom and top right and bottom and top left, as far back as the eye can(not) see, being generally useless to their team unless the flank ahead of them gets pushed extra-hard. Usually they've ran out of help and are inconsequential, or their team ends up winning and they have to move up without firing a shot. Occasionally they make my over-the-beach ridge and big dipper plays miserable or exciting, depending on if I can rack up some sweet, delicious assists. Common inhabitants of this borough include arties, TDs with great stealth, and super-heavy tomatoes. Mr. Rheinmetall, his son Borsig and his adopted son SU-130PM are commonly found in one of these four spots.

In the end... do I like Overlord? Nah, not really. Does it bother me? Eeeeh... Not as much as high-tier Mines generally does, despite the fact I unblocked Mines to block Overlord for a little change of pace. Definitely bothers me less than bloody Tundra (PERMABAN, PERMABAN, REEEEEEE). But it feels unbalanced and unspectacular. At least it allows for some amusing games, and I've had two of my best medium tank games here: my T-54 running the last game I needed for the T 55A, and a 5K damage maiden voyage for my recently-purchased Leotard 1. I just can't make the map work consistently, and I always feel like a burden to the team, unless I see myself doing like 2.5-3K damage - which is often followed by the equivalent of the Golden Horde invading Russia, with me being Russia in a 1v40 situation.

Oh well!

TLDR: WHY IS MY TEAM IN OVERLORD ALWAYS CONSISTING OF SPILLED UP KETCHUP REEE

Edited by Infryndiira, 12 January 2021 - 05:56 AM.

Zmago5000 #17 Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27622 battles
I play beach,...and I concider myself a PRO :)

DuncaN_101 #18 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 59759 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Not sure if I want to laugh at the OP for the comedy or cry because how right it is.

Cheers for giving me a fun read with morning coffee tho.

PointZero #19 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52096 battles
I would be interested in seeing a incoming high tide -effect added to the map where everything still down at the beach after 5mins mark would drown. On second thought low tide would propably be better gameplay wise where the beach would open up as a flanking route on the last 5mins of the battle.

BR33K1_PAWAH #20 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17470 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

:honoring:

07:50 Added after 1 minute
overlord_3.jpg

Also tagged with Infryndiira, eyes, bleeding, paint, skill, siema

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users