Crew 2.0 test info, Wot express translation

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

_Old_Spice_ #1 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45441 battles

Closed test Crew 2.0 in World of Tanks

Just today, we received information about testing Crew 2.0 in World of Tanks from our insiders from about.Cyprus. Closed testing of this feature is in full swing right now.

According to the preliminary inspection of the information received, the Crew 2.0 does not have everything so smooth and there are many questions in general about the expediency of this approach, as well as the completeness of the entire structure of Crew 2.0.

The source itself reports, the quote: "I don't know what ***** I came up with, but as players rightly note, it's an attempt to remake what is still quite OK, and in the end players will suffer as always. And it's also an attempt to push new things out to suck money/time out of players and impose a worthless new interface. And they (the developers - approx.) face many problems because of the new crew, which interacts simply with everything in the game. So wait for a lot of bugs again at the exit, and yes, everything has already been decided, Crew 2.0, regardless of the opinions of players, will go into release.

Next, we will show some nuances that can meet and express our own and the opinion of our interlocutor (who provided information) on this innovation, which should be tested in the sandbox at the beginning of this year.

1. The current crew will not be automatically converted to Crew 2.0. This will have to be done manually by clicking on the "Transform Crew" button under all tankers. You don't have to do it, but then you won't have all the old perks except the light bulb. The bulb will be pumped up by default to everyone and will not require crew skill points.
  2. During conversion, depending on how many skills each crew member has, you will get one commander with a progression level. Total levels 75 and the same number of skill points. But it is not yet known at what rate the crews will be transferred. The developers' answers said that 5 perk crews will be enough to get the maximum crew level.
  3. The commander can learn completely new skills. There are only 5 branches of development, 2 ultas each. The ult opens when you level 30 skill points of the selected branch and only one of the two is selected.
    Each skill swings to 10 levels. Thus, with the maximum pumping of the crew, you can choose 7 skills with 10 points and 1 skill with 5 or distribute it yourself as you like, without pumping up the skills to the maximum.
    Unfortunately, we don't have a complete list of skills and ults.
  4. You can edit or reset all nested points. But it is not known whether it will be possible to do it free of charge and at any time or whether payment will be introduced in the future.
  5. The commander will be able to change his passport details as before. Namely, first name, last name and choose a photo from the standard list. As before, it will be possible to raise the level of commander for free experience at the 1 to 5 rate. How much experience will be required to achieve the maximum level is also not yet known.
    But one of the pictures indicates that only 75 (max.) level requires 238,140 free experience or 1,190,700 crew experience.
    Training brochures provide as much experience as at the moment.
  6. Up to 4 instructors can be selected for each commander. A new instructor can only be added with a new level of commander (15, 30, 45 and 65). Instructors are usually unique crew members such as Buffon or Snow Maidens. Instructors will give a bonus to the skills of the crew, unique to the chosen instructor. For example, +2 skill points to repair. Also, each instructor will give a bonus to the crew's experience.
    Instructors will be divided into 3rd grades. The higher the class, the more skills and experience the crew will give. For example, Class 3 gives +2 skill points of the selected crew and +10% to crew experience. Class 2 gives +2 points of skill and +20% to crew experience. How much class 1 gives and who falls under this parameter is unknown.
    Instructors can be recruited, but they will not have the best parameters. When recruiting an instructor, you can choose the right skill bonus for this crew.
  7. The commander will be able to study up to 3 pumpable tanks of the selected class of the same nation, including the tank on which the crew is already sitting.
    Slots open at crew level 15 and 45 or they can be opened for 750 gold each. Training of the crew for an additional tank also costs 750 gold (test) without losses, 500,000 silver (test) with -10% loss of accumulated crew experience or training free of charge with -30% loss of accumulated crew experience. In this case, all the commander's skills will also be reset and they will need to be redistributed.
    Thus, one crew pumped up with good instructors will be able to sit on 3 TOP tanks of the chosen nation and class. Let's say the crew of Object 140 can be trained on T-62A and K-91 if the selected skills suit you, including all premium medium tanks of the USSR. That's a very big plus in our opinion.
  8. And the last innovation. Depending on the selected skills and ults of the crew, active perks will be shown in battle over the shell interface. This can make it easier to understand what exactly worked out of your skills at the moment.

Among all the above, we have many questions, but together we will be able to find out the answers not before Crew 2.0 goes to the "sandbox" for testing.

• The first thing that embarrasses us is where the transformed crew goes, namely everyone else except the commander. We are particularly concerned about the crew consisting of award crew members such as snow Maidens from the New Year's Offensive.
  • The second thing that no less embarrasses us is what will happen to unique commanders? Because in theory they should all become instructors. Thus, the commanders will be only the ordinary crew of this nation.
  • The full influence of the instructor on the commander's skills is unknown. Let's say an instructor gives +2 to the repair skill. Whether the skill will be pumped out more than the maximum value of 10 units, thus increasing the speed of repair. Also whether the instructor's skill will give the right points to get an ult.
  • Based on the unification of the trained crew for different equipment, there will be no need for a large number of pumped-up crews on different tanks of the same class, but which differed in specializations.
  • The fate of the skins is unknown. Most likely, all skins can only be applied to the commander or newly recruited instructor.
  • A personal training manual currently gives only 1 crew member 850,000 experience. How it will act after the crew change is not clear, as now everything will be = 1 commander, and there is no need to pump up instructors.
  • Most likely, some boom instructions will be removed, revised or replaced with other comparable skills.

Richthoffen #2 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34812 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
so what will happen to my current E50 crew, 4 snowmaidens from last year commanded by Julie Frost that came from a large box bought with real money? they all will become instructors leaving the tank without crew and forcing me to get a new 2.0 commander without skills?

Edited by Richthoffen, 12 January 2021 - 01:33 PM.

Fr4gs #3 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4536 battles
  • [PUNCH] PUNCH

Thank you!!!

+1

Three_Rounds_Rapid #4 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51046 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
Sounds complicated, still, looks like WG is determined to bang that nail into the coffin.....

Edited by Three_Rounds_Rapid, 12 January 2021 - 01:36 PM.

Miepie #5 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7778 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I wonder if the BiA0 guys from Tiger 131 / Bromwell / Rudy / IS-2 / KV2R / ISU122S / Thunderblob will count as instructors... And the Primo Victoria guys, The Offspring, Loza from Loza's Sherman... Twitch crewmembers... Campaign mission ladies... Chinese New Year guys... BiA0 crews from marathon tanks... :popcorn:

Geno1isme #6 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50925 battles

View PostMiepie, on 12 January 2021 - 02:38 PM, said:

I wonder if the BiA0 guys from Tiger 131 / Bromwell / Rudy / IS-2 / KV2R / ISU122S / Thunderblob will count as instructors... And the Primo Victoria guys, The Offspring, Loza from Loza's Sherman... Twitch crewmembers... Campaign mission ladies... Chinese New Year guys... BiA0 crews from marathon tanks... :popcorn:

My guess is that crew members with fixed/special names and faces will become instructors. while customizable ones will be treated as regular crewmembers. But so far that is all just speculation.

HassenderZerhacker #7 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32139 battles

ha, top skilled crews that can drive 3 tanks? I can see a massive increase in sealclubbing coming.

Block Quote

4- You can edit or reset all nested points. But it is not known whether it will be possible to do it free of charge and at any time or whether payment will be introduced in the future.

really?

unsure if payment will be introduced?

this is WG you are talking about!

12:47 Added after 2 minute

View PostGeno1isme, on 12 January 2021 - 01:44 PM, said:

My guess is that crew members with fixed/special names and faces will become instructors. while customizable ones will be treated as regular crewmembers. But so far that is all just speculation.

then they will have to compensate somehow for lost crews, or provide training books to level up a new commander, I have several tanks where the crew consists only of snowmaidens

Richthoffen #8 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34812 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 12 January 2021 - 01:45 PM, said:

ha, top skilled crews that can drive 3 tanks? I can see a massive increase in sealclubbing coming.

really?

unsure if payment will be introduced?

this is WG you are talking about!

up to 3 tanks, you just need to pay 750 gold to unlock every tank without loss of exp on top of losing the exp from your 4, 5 or 6 men crew after they get merged into 1

Miepie #9 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7778 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGeno1isme, on 12 January 2021 - 01:44 PM, said:

If that guess is correct then my brawl mode Skill4Ltu and Chuck Norris would become instructors and not commanders, making their voice packs useless? That would seem rather shortsighted.

Silvercat18 #10 Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8913 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

This sounds like they are moving to the captain system in world of warships. 

Which would mean erasing all the other crew members from existence except the commander. I mean, i see they want to keep some as "instructors" for a bonus of some sort, but its basically removing them as crew and turning them into a sort of equipment slot. This sort of change would be incredibly destructive - way beyond the equipment change.

hjorte #11 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28376 battles

View Post_Old_Spice_, on 12 January 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

Closed test Crew 2.0 in World of Tanks

1. During conversion, depending on how many skills each crew member has, you will get one commander with a progression level. Total levels 75 and the same number of skill points. But it is not yet known at what rate the crews will be transferred. The developers' answers said that 5 perk crews will be enough to get the maximum crew level.

The use of the word Perk in the above is either a sloppy description, an error, or the next negative thing to hit the fan.

Let's take it literally and use the same term as the game does...  discussing perk.

A perk is Safe Stowage or Adrenaline Rush for example.

A skill is Situational Awareness or Smooth Ride for example.

Referring to both is called Skills in the game.

With that in mind, read bullet 1 again and start sweating.

Edited by hjorte, 12 January 2021 - 02:02 PM.

saxsan4 #12 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30123 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

I have 188 tanks, wtf so I have to MANUALLY change everything ffs

this will take 3 days just to sort crews skills

Geno1isme #13 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50925 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 12 January 2021 - 02:45 PM, said:

then they will have to compensate somehow for lost crews, or provide training books to level up a new commander, I have several tanks where the crew consists only of snowmaidens

We'll see how they'll plan to handle it when sandbox test goes live. Leaks like this always should be taken with a lot of scepticism.

View Posthjorte, on 12 January 2021 - 03:00 PM, said:

The use of the word Perk in the above is either a sloppy description, an error, or the next negative thing to hit the fan.

Most likely just bad translation.

saxsan4 #14 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30123 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

why are it so pointlessly complicated, why change NO NEED TO CHNAGE STOP THIS 

Equipment 2.0 amazing, why? because you left the basics of 3 equipment slots on tier 4+ and it was an evolution of equipment 1.0 not a total change

this TOTAL CREW change is not needed or wanted, please think again

Geno1isme #15 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50925 battles

View PostMiepie, on 12 January 2021 - 02:50 PM, said:

If that guess is correct then my brawl mode Skill4Ltu and Chuck Norris would become instructors and not commanders, making their voice packs useless? That would seem rather shortsighted.

Or maybe they get cloned and become both? So far nobody outside WG knows, and probably not even people inside WG do.

bstb3 #16 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44174 battles
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ

POPULAR

Community: "Fix things that are broken"

WG: "Break more things"

:facepalm:

HassenderZerhacker #17 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32139 battles

View PostRichthoffen, on 12 January 2021 - 01:48 PM, said:

up to 3 tanks, you just need to pay 750 gold to unlock every tank without loss of exp on top of losing the exp from your 4, 5 or 6 men crew after they get merged into 1

even better, sealclubbing for wallet warriors !!

GG

saxsan4 #18 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30123 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

BIG QUESTION

PLEASE EXPLAIN

If a crew can cover 3 tanks what happens to all my redundant commanders, let me explain

I have 1 crew per 1 tank at the moment but soon you can times that by 3 and ill end up with more commanders than tanks, therefore WG NEED TO HAVE A MERGE CREW system so I dont loose out

for example I have Sherman III , matila and Centurion AX crew 

if 1 commander can then control all 3 tanks ill be left with 2 commanders and no tanks for them, why is this allowed

another example, I have FV217 Badger, Tortoise, at15 , at7 AND at8 , churchil GC Alecto FV4004 and FV40005 all with their own crews, so hen the change happens ill have more commanders than British TDS in the game so even I f I wanted to try and utilise all of them I woulsnt be able to

please WG allow us to merge crews if you persist with this change 

Edited by saxsan4, 12 January 2021 - 02:37 PM.

Richthoffen #19 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34812 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

View Postsaxsan4, on 12 January 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

BIG QUESTION

PLEASE EXPLAIN

If a crew can cover 3 tanks what happens to all my redundant commanders, let me explain

I have 1 crew per 1 tank at the moment but soon you can times that by 3 and ill end up with more commanders than tanks, therefore WG NEED TO HAVE A MERGE CREW system so I dont loose out

your crew will be merged into 1 commander, you have to do that manually, you can train your commander for 3 different tanks of the same type and nation same way as you can now retrain them but without losing the use on the other 2 tanks like now. imo. not really useful as most of us have crews for every tank they have. premium tanks will still allow you to use commanders (same nation and type) without penalty. most worried about the special crews that now make up entire crews becoming useless except as instructor like i have on my E50 or my 5 skill snowmaiden crew on my AMX 13 75 /13 57 at this moment leaving those tanks without proper crew

saxsan4 #20 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30123 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostRichthoffen, on 12 January 2021 - 01:42 PM, said:

your crew will be merged into 1 commander, you have to do that manually, you can train your commander for 3 different tanks of the same type and nation same way as you can now retrain them but without losing the use on the other 2 tanks like now. imo. not really useful as most of us have crews for every tank they have. premium tanks will still allow you to use commanders (same nation and type) without penalty. most worried about the special crews that now make up entire crews becoming useless except as instructor like i have on my E50 or my 5 skill snowmaiden crew on my AMX 13 75 /13 57 at this moment leaving those tanks without proper crew

so if I allow my commander in centurion AX to control Centurion AX, Matilda and Sherman III what happens to my commander for Matilda and Sherman III, I will have wasted commander, so I would like to merge 3 commanders into 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users