• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

BR33K1_PAWAH #161 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:14 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11615 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

View PostRaxipIx, on 14 January 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yes but my crews consist only of girls, nothing else.

Doesn't matter, you still get a commander to transfer your crew experience into and then every girl from a crew turns into instructor. Magic.

View PostRaxipIx, on 14 January 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

Also, as people mentioned, it will be a royal pain in the back, to  sort out crews for like  200+ tanks and almost all of them have dedicated crews,except the premium ones.

Indeed. I'm happy to have less than 30 vehicles in garage.

snowlywhite #162 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37923 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 14 January 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

There is not "only a commander", the different crew members (including the commander) are merged into a single crew entity when it comes to garage management. If you actually look at the provided screenshots you will see that there are multiple people in the background of the crew symbol. So likely there won't be any changes regarding the in-battle injury mechanics.

that's totally Schrodinger =)))

so, the commander(that can command up to 3 tanks) can at the same time be 6 ppl.(say t30) and 5 ppl(say, t25/2). Best game design; and new player experience. Like wtf... =)))

CandyVanMan #163 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30607 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostKill_Broccoli, on 14 January 2021 - 09:47 AM, said:

I agree but a simple tuning of the needed xp for a couple of skill would have done the job. In the end, you need to cater to newbies, but also "protect" the time investment of your loyal playerbase.

There are so many completely worthless skills at the moment, while you have some skills that are "must have" irregardless of tank class.

Then there's the meaningless waste of crews due to differing crew layout across tank lines, forcing you to reset and waste gold/credits due to skills no longer working as your last tank had loader as radio operator, but now it's the commender's job, or how tanks with only 2-3 crew members need 4-5 times the amount of xp of tank with 5 crew members to get the same "must have" skills.

How is the current system NOT broken compared to a new system that can potentially fix all these issues while also increasing the quality of life for everyone, and potentially add much more variety to crew builds?

snowlywhite #164 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37923 battles

View PostCandyVanMan, on 14 January 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

Then there's the meaningless waste of crews due to differing crew layout across tank lines, forcing you to reset and waste gold/credits due to skills no longer working as your last tank had loader as radio operator, but now it's the commender's job, or how tanks with only 2-3 crew members need 4-5 times the amount of xp of tank with 5 crew members to get the same "must have" skills.

wg bean counters definitely don't aggree with you. That's not a bug; that's a feature. A feature to make money.

You can be sure that the new system will also have it's way of milking the gold. Which is normal in the end.

CandyVanMan #165 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30607 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postsnowlywhite, on 14 January 2021 - 10:44 AM, said:

wg bean counters definitely don't aggree with you. That's not a bug; that's a feature. A feature to make money.

You can be sure that the new system will also have it's way of milking the gold. Which is normal in the end.

It's a good business strategy to make quality of life improvements, if that keeps new players in the game, even though they might farm less gold per player on crew retraining.

Edited by CandyVanMan, 14 January 2021 - 11:46 AM.

Kill_Broccoli #166 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27050 battles
  • [TAAAC] TAAAC

View PostCandyVanMan, on 14 January 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

How is the current system NOT broken compared to a new system that can potentially fix all these issues while also increasing the quality of life for everyone, and potentially add much more variety to crew builds?

Idk but the current system isn't all that broken, and was somewhat history based on crew layouts. What's broken is that like everything else, some stuff is just plain better and people always cater to those skill.

Potentially could add variety but realistically, it's going to be meme builds for the lols and mostly people on the same good stuff like with the new equipment.

And the QOL improvement is to be seen, on paper lots of stuff wg promised looked like gold, and turned out poop.

eldrak #167 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56371 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

In the current system, once a crew reaches ~3 skills it stops becoming better as there really aren't that many more good skills to pick for each category of tanks. So there's not a big difference between a 3 skill crew and a 6 skill crew in a match.

With new system, depending on if the skills are good/balanced or not, the crew might increase in capability linearly all the way up to the max level which leads to a larger difference between crews in a match. Of course, if such things as sub 100% crews (and ofc crews without 6th sense) get removed it might reduce the gap again between the worst crews and the best.

Thejagdpanther #168 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 42232 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
But one tank one man with a nice big tech tree of skills looked to f...ing complicated?
You pik your crew of X men (lol), press "convert to new sistem" and you will have a commander, with the equivalent of the converted point of xp that the whole crew had.

Some of the tree branch are "select this OR this" so you can't have both... at a certain level you will unlock the ultra skill tree... some skills can be upgraded or have some level (lets imagine 5 levels and a repair skill that the higher the level the faster the repairs) and then, you have the new sistem.

Reading all the bullshep of the first page gave me headache.

FizzleMcSnizzle #169 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34240 battles
When all the dust has settled.... artillery, EBRs, three-minute games etc. will still be a thing. The efficacy or otherwise of 2.0 pales when set against the game's more fundamental problems. You know - the ones that WG either can't, or won't address. (I know the company is doing something with SPGs, but we all know it will be just as annoying afterwards).

snowlywhite #170 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37923 battles

View PostThejagdpanther, on 14 January 2021 - 11:50 AM, said:

But one tank one man with a nice big tech tree of skills looked to f...ing complicated?
You pik your crew of X men (lol), press "convert to new sistem" and you will have a commander, with the equivalent of the converted point of xp that the whole crew had.

I'm pretty sure that's the peasant way to do it :P

now, I sit on a ton of gold(advent calendar wasn't that great). So I take this 4 men crew; 4+ skills. I search in that nation tree for this 2 men crew low tier shitter. And train the 2 guys with proper role for it. And bam, 1 top notch crew. Then, change qualification of the other 2 guys, retrain them for the low tier shitter and bam... 2nd top notch crew =)))

Geno1isme #171 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View Postbritinmadrid, on 14 January 2021 - 11:13 AM, said:

Which is why questions are being asked by the paying customers.

Want to scream some more with caps in a Forum thread in response to a reasonable question? Is that how you act in your homework club? I assume it's a club as an adult would not comport themselves in such a manner ...

Maybe reread the original post: That is leaked information from some random guy that simply happened to have access to the first internal test iteration, not official information by WG. Therefore noone at WG is going to answer any detail questions here as WG itself most likely hasn't decided those things yet (as this is work in progress). Even if WG staff here would know the details of the current implementation, they would not be allowed to disclose them to the general public at this point.

Threads like this are the main reason companies (including WG) are very reluctant to share information about unfinished projects. No matter how often they'll state that things are subject to change, people will always start crying about some prelimenary details.

Thejagdpanther #172 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 42232 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View Postsnowlywhite, on 14 January 2021 - 11:57 AM, said:

now, I sit on a ton of gold(advent calendar wasn't that great). So I take this 4 men crew; 4+ skills. I search in that nation tree for this 2 men crew low tier shitter. And train the 2 guys with proper role for it. And bam, 1 top notch crew. Then, change qualification of the other 2 guys, retrain them for the low tier shitter and bam... 2nd top notch crew =)))

No because it would work with the same crew of the same tank, if you will split you will have much less xp or points for the new system (as I was thiking the changes :D ).

Edited by Thejagdpanther, 14 January 2021 - 12:08 PM.

Flicka #173 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23947 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Postsnowlywhite, on 14 January 2021 - 11:15 AM, said:

so, the commander(that can command up to 3 tanks) can at the same time be 6 ppl.(say t30) and 5 ppl(say, t25/2). Best game design; and new player experience. Like wtf... =)))

Ok, we will try to explain this is simply as possible,

A commander is 1 person, he commands something or he would not be a commander. 

Now, he has a crew under  him of some men, and depending on which tank they are in he commands as many as needed for that vehicle.

So if needed he can have a driver, gunner and just a loader for a specific vehicle, or add a radio operator and perhaps even another loader for another vehicle.

Are you following me so far? Good. Lets continue.

So, what will happen now is that commander is the only one that will posses skills and perks, while crewmember will just be that.

What we expect is that injuring a crewmember will work the same as it does now, injuring a gunner means lower accuracy, loader means longer reload and radio man means almost nothing at all.

Got it now?

snowlywhite #174 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37923 battles
got it 1st time too; won't make it less confusing for someone who didn't catch the current system.

dangermouse1979 #175 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 59670 battles
  • [FOTD] FOTD
my daddy works in WG ! he says this is all pulled out of thin air. 

Geno1isme #176 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View Postsnowlywhite, on 14 January 2021 - 12:15 PM, said:

Just replace "commander" with "crew" and it all works out.

Flicka #177 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23947 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Explaining something to make it understandable was never Wg's forte. 

I still am not sure how all this will go down, but judging by some past changes it will be a small but a welcomed one, or a big and a horrible one.

mpf1959 #178 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 42637 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I keep seeing change and new players used in the pro-change arguments.

I would point out that to new players everything is new, change would only be logical to keep the existing player base interested, to new players all is brand new!

And why would new players need to be catered to specially? We were all new at one time and had to learn the game, yet still we are here, so what exactly is the difference from 3 years ago in my case, and now?

Evolution makes more sense than revolution and can address problems (though I see none personally) without alienating existing customers.

evilchaosmonkey #179 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19095 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostFlicka, on 14 January 2021 - 11:28 AM, said:

Ok, we will try to explain this is simply as possible,

A commander is 1 person, he commands something or he would not be a commander. 

Now, he has a crew under  him of some men, and depending on which tank they are in he commands as many as needed for that vehicle.

So if needed he can have a driver, gunner and just a loader for a specific vehicle, or add a radio operator and perhaps even another loader for another vehicle.

Are you following me so far? Good. Lets continue.

So, what will happen now is that commander is the only one that will posses skills and perks, while crewmember will just be that.

What we expect is that injuring a crewmember will work the same as it does now, injuring a gunner means lower accuracy, loader means longer reload and radio man means almost nothing at all.

Got it now?

Without wanting to read 172 other posts.

What happens if the commander is knocked out?  Does the whole tank now lose its perks?  Does that happen now for other crew members - never thought about it?

Thx in advance.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 14 January 2021 - 01:56 PM.

Geno1isme #180 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View PostFlicka, on 14 January 2021 - 02:53 PM, said:

Explaining something to make it understandable was never Wg's forte. 

Again, WG isn't trying to explain anything here, this is an unofficial leak by some random guy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users