Jump to content


Crew 2.0 test info, Wot express translation


  • Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

__Eric__ #41 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:21 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44664 battles
  • 2,297
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013

Me: Sorry honey, you can go on vacation with the kids, but without me.

Wife: Why are you not coming with us?

Me: They messed up my crews, I have to sort them manually for 400 tanks.......

 

 

Why make things so complicated? Just rework the skills/perks and 99% of the player base will be fine.



Jumping_Turtle #42 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 79720 battles
  • 9,316
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

One thing isnt really clear to me and that is kinda what makes or breaks it for me. I have invested enormous amounts of time in my crew and have plenty of good ones.

 

But lets say my E50 crew. All femelaes wit 6 skills.

 

Will they merge and become one commander with 75 skills,  Or will I get 5 commanders with 75 skills since they all have above that 5th skill level.

 

Will I be able to merge my own crew so I get better commanders ?

What if the commander on a tank had 6 skills and the other crew just 3. WIll I still get that 75 skill commander ?



Geno1isme #43 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50925 battles
  • 11,958
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 January 2021 - 05:24 PM, said:

One thing isnt really clear to me and that is kinda what makes or breaks it for me. I have invested enormous amounts of time in my crew and have plenty of good ones.

 

But lets say my E50 crew. All femelaes wit 6 skills.

 

Will they merge and become one commander with 75 skills,  Or will I get 5 commanders with 75 skills since they all have above that 5th skill level.

 

Will I be able to merge my own crew so I get better commanders ?

What if the commander on a tank had 6 skills and the other crew just 3. WIll I still get that 75 skill commander ?

My random guess (again, we have no solid information on this topic, so everything here is just speculation):

WG will calculate the average XP of all members of the crew and use that value to generate the new "commander-only" crew, as the new system will also have XP values. We have zero information regarding how they will treat crews with more than five skills. But I'm pretty sure that they will not give you 5 crews instead of one. Could be that the extra XP will be converted into crewbooks or free-XP, or you get some other bonus. Or it's just discarded (though I doubt that).



Jumping_Turtle #44 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:43 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 79720 battles
  • 9,316
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostGeno1isme, on 12 January 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

My random guess (again, we have no solid information on this topic, so everything here is just speculation):

WG will calculate the average XP of all members of the crew and use that value to generate the new "commander-only" crew, as the new system will also have XP values. We have zero information regarding how they will treat crews with more than five skills. But I'm pretty sure that they will not give you 5 crews instead of one. Could be that the extra XP will be converted into crewbooks or free-XP, or you get some other bonus. Or it's just discarded (though I doubt that).

 

Hmmm and that generate the new crew is going to take place by tank I presume and not merge all from that nations and let us pick again what and how many commanders we need.

 

But if that is the case what would happen if I let the commander on the E50 and retrain all other four to commanders on premium tanks. That way you would say as they all have 5 skills would get me 5 commanders with 75 points.



Miepie #45 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:53 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7778 battles
  • 3,687
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 January 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

 

Hmmm and that generate the new crew is going to take place by tank I presume and not merge all from that nations and let us pick again what and how many commanders we need.

 

But if that is the case what would happen if I let the commander on the E50 and retrain all other four to commanders on premium tanks. That way you would say as they all have 5 skills would get me 5 commanders with 75 points.

Then those tanks would have missing crewmembers so it would not just be "5", but "5 + Nx0"



LCpl_Jones #46 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16296 battles
  • 1,630
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

 

this change worries me



Jumping_Turtle #47 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:00 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 79720 battles
  • 9,316
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostMiepie, on 12 January 2021 - 04:53 PM, said:

Then those tanks would have missing crewmembers so it would not just be "5", but "5 + Nx0"

 

Not if I put 4 75% crew in that tank. Than the commander would still be a 6 skill commander and by reading the plans would be a 75 skill points commander



Homer_J #48 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34489 battles
  • 39,650
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post_Old_Spice_, on 12 January 2021 - 12:20 PM, said:

  1. The current crew will not be automatically converted to Crew 2.0. This will have to be done manually by clicking on the "Transform Crew" button under all tankers. You don't have to do it, but then you won't have all the old perks except the light bulb. The bulb will be pumped up by default to everyone and will not require crew skill points.

This is both good and bad.  It means we get to choose which crews are converted and how but it also creates a lot of work.  I wonder what the time limit on converting crews will be and what will happen to random crewmembers in the barracks if there is a time when remaining crews are automatically converted.

 

View PostRichthoffen, on 12 January 2021 - 12:33 PM, said:

so what will happen to my current E50 crew, 4 snowmaidens from last year commanded by Julie Frost that came from a large box bought with real money? they all will become instructors leaving the tank without crew and forcing me to get a new 2.0 commander without skills?

From the above it sounds like you will have the choice of merging them into a single commander-crew or replacing some or all of the crew before conversion.

 

View PostWigglyWorm, on 12 January 2021 - 02:19 PM, said:

Have I got this right, if crews are going into be merged into one commander, then training crews for gold is pouring money down the drain ?

They have said that all exp will be compensated and training for gold is basically buying exp so it shouldn't be wasted.

 

On a side point, it's a while since I've seen references to pumping crew.

16:24 Added after 3 minute

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 January 2021 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

Not if I put 4 75% crew in that tank. Than the commander would still be a 6 skill commander and by reading the plans would be a 75 skill points commander

 

I expect the total exp of a crew will be given to the new commander-crew.  So four 5 skill crews will give a better commander than one five skill commander and 3 50% crew members. Exactly how that 1 extra skill will translate is yet to be seen.


Edited by Homer_J, 12 January 2021 - 05:21 PM.


Miepie #49 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:26 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7778 battles
  • 3,687
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

 

On a side point, it's a while since I've seen references to pumping crew.

Here, have some Cutting Crew as compensation. :great:

 



RANDOM_PLAYER123 #50 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27627 battles
  • 1,849
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View Post__Eric__, on 12 January 2021 - 04:21 PM, said:

Why make things so complicated? Just rework the skills/perks and 99% of the player base will be fine.

 

It's a credit burn

Looks like extra gold might be handy too

 

Completely useless for 99% players

100% useful for WoT... well in theory it is(for money)... but  this could be a gamebreaker for many players, or at least a radical reorganisation of downsizing for garages

 

The people most affected will be the most loyal part of the playerbase, the players with large numbers of vehicles



arthurwellsley #51 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:34 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 58889 battles
  • 5,023
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

Most players would agree with a few new relevant perks or skills being added to make the choices greater much the same way as Equipment 2.0 has been OK although the implementation and presentation was botched.

 

The leak from Crew 2.0 suggests that WG developers are in a mess where they are going with these changes and it has all the chances of being another Rubicon.

 

The real problem that WG has is that players will have spent real money on acquiring a 4 person 0% BIA crew. If any of those four are worth less under the new system then the player will be entitled to a financial refund. I really do not think WG have thought this through yet.

 

They had the SuperPershing refund fiasco and presently the leaks seem to suggest they are about to fall into the same trap.

 

In the same way that WG cannot nerf premiums without offering a refund, they will not be able to nerf any crew member that was purchased for hard cash.

That will directly effect the 0% BIA crews that were purchased for currency. I suspect that the developers currently working on Crew 2.0 may have forgotten this little technicality, but the WG legal department will not.

 

It does not effect personal mission reward crews, Christmas gift crews (unless directly bought for cash) or other gift commanders (Chuck, goalkeeper etc) all of which WG can nerf.



Jumping_Turtle #52 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:36 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 79720 battles
  • 9,316
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

 

I expect the total exp of a crew will be given to the new commander-crew.  So four 5 skill crews will give a better commander than one five skill commander and 3 50% crew members. Exactly how that 1 extra skill will translate is yet to be seen.

 

Wouldnt that be weird ? So if I understand how you see it correctly my 5 crew E50 6 skill would make for a better commander than my 2 crew 6 skill in my ELC.



RANDOM_PLAYER123 #53 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27627 battles
  • 1,849
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

It's not like the game really needed this change

 

Makes you wonder what other brilliant ideas are bouncing about in a rubber room at WoT HQ



Miepie #54 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7778 battles
  • 3,687
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 January 2021 - 05:36 PM, said:

 

Wouldnt that be weird ? So if I understand how you see it correctly my 5 crew E50 6 skill would make for a better commander than my 2 crew 6 skill in my ELC.

This is because everyone agrees that Manticore players need to be punished harshly... Bunch of sick freaks! :angry:



bstb3 #55 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44174 battles
  • 283
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 January 2021 - 04:36 PM, said:

 

Wouldnt that be weird ? So if I understand how you see it correctly my 5 crew E50 6 skill would make for a better commander than my 2 crew 6 skill in my ELC.

I guess they would have to average it by the crew requirement of the tank they were in at the time of conversion. Average of 2 6 skill crew in elc is 6 skill. Average of 5 6 skill crew in  E50 is 6 skill crew etc. So that would imply moving out crews in large crew vehicles into smaller crew requirements to max out commander conversion, but then you have to pay to move them back probably. It's all theory anyway until we see, so probably no point worrying about it right now.



RANDOM_PLAYER123 #56 Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:05 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27627 battles
  • 1,849
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

I would expect to see a lot more paying for stuff, like we did with equipment2

Stuff that was free becomes a memory

 

10000 credits to move a crewmember kind of thing


Edited by RANDOM_PLAYER123, 12 January 2021 - 06:07 PM.


mjs_89 #57 Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13517 battles
  • 1,623
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View Postsaxsan4, on 12 January 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

why are it so pointlessly complicated, why change NO NEED TO CHNAGE STOP THIS 

 

 

Equipment 2.0 amazing, why? because you left the basics of 3 equipment slots on tier 4+ and it was an evolution of equipment 1.0 not a total change

 

 

this TOTAL CREW change is not needed or wanted, please think again

 

Please explain how always picking Sixth Sense, BiA, VR and Gun handling skills first is not the equivalent of Rammer/VStab/Optics/Vents.

 

 

I look forward to this. Picking 7,5 out of 25 Skills will lead to more interesting and specialised build options. Assuming every 0-Skill crewmember will be an instructor in the future (and maybe get the 1 time nation change WG was thinking about) this will be the greatest patch ever.

Change my Mind!



kaneloon #58 Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:29 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 34307 battles
  • 5,147
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

They should just keep the possibility to buy for a crew additional tanks, this made sense.

Even if I too will end with tens of unused commanders - at least if I want to pay.

 

But the 6th sense per default is wrong (I like to play without it on heavies), same as "blobing" all the men (and women) in one entity.

 

To over-simplify wont please old players. If we wanted a console game we would play on console. I like the reflexion about perks and equipement according to your gamestyle.



gunslingerXXX #59 Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:43 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16243 battles
  • 5,473
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

Glad I didn't invest time or money in my crews now :harp:

 

What I'm most afraid of with the new system is not losing out on xp, but rather the next level of powercreep. Now beyond 3-4 skills gives hardly any advantages, how will this look like after crew 2.0? Also, will it break the spotting system below tier 8 as well?

 

Edit: to be clear, I don't want more usefull skills, this just increases P2W and puts new players at even bigger disadvantage.


Edited by gunslingerXXX, 12 January 2021 - 06:44 PM.


UserZer00 #60 Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16229 battles
  • 1,631
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

I just log on to play a game, I don't want to log on and spend 20 hours of Excel spreadsheet manipulation in order to reconfigure my crews to ensure the maximum benefit from the new system.

 

If the "conversion" option doesn't come with multiple default choices "sniping commander", "brawling commander", etc. then I may just leave all the crews as they are and just play the game with 6th sense and without all the other commander skills until they have the ultimatum where you have to convert your crews or have it done automatically for you.  At least that way I won't be bothered over the fact that "I should have done this" or "I should have done that".

 

I already didn't enjoy the "equipment 2.0" hassle and I'm sure that this will be at least 5x more of a bother.

 

As for someone's comment about the "Brother in arms" or other "special" crews, I'm sure that if they think that there may be legal issues they'll just filter them out as unique "instructors".

 

(end rant)






6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users