Jump to content


Crew 2.0 test info, Wot express translation


  • Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

Plesoiu_Ionut #61 Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 38094 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
I think wargaming wants to launch a new product: the premium commander !!!

Jumping_Turtle #62 Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 79720 battles
  • 9,316
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 12 January 2021 - 06:43 PM, said:

and puts new players at even bigger disadvantage.

 

I fail to see how this will be better for newer players also. I have a 6 skilled crew in both my E50 and E50M. Lets go for the cheapest merging of crews and that this will give me two 75 skills new commanders.

I can put one commander in three tech tree tanks so I will use them in both the E50 as the E50M.

 

The same thing will happen with the Leopard and the Leopard 1.

 

So I will have a 75 skill commander to spare which I can easily put into my tier 4 German tank and ruin the gaming experience for all the newer players who come with fresh new crews.



Galan7891 #63 Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15370 battles
  • 1,001
  • [EREL] EREL
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 January 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

Most players would agree with a few new relevant perks or skills being added to make the choices greater much the same way as Equipment 2.0 has been OK although the implementation and presentation was botched.

 

The leak from Crew 2.0 suggests that WG developers are in a mess where they are going with these changes and it has all the chances of being another Rubicon.

 

The real problem that WG has is that players will have spent real money on acquiring a 4 person 0% BIA crew. If any of those four are worth less under the new system then the player will be entitled to a financial refund. I really do not think WG have thought this through yet.

 

They had the SuperPershing refund fiasco and presently the leaks seem to suggest they are about to fall into the same trap.

 

In the same way that WG cannot nerf premiums without offering a refund, they will not be able to nerf any crew member that was purchased for hard cash.

That will directly effect the 0% BIA crews that were purchased for currency. I suspect that the developers currently working on Crew 2.0 may have forgotten this little technicality, but the WG legal department will not.

 

It does not effect personal mission reward crews, Christmas gift crews (unless directly bought for cash) or other gift commanders (Chuck, goalkeeper etc) all of which WG can nerf.


Except we cant buy crews directly for money.We are bying specific tanks...



saxsan4 #64 Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 30123 battles
  • 7,184
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Postmjs_89, on 12 January 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

 

Please explain how always picking Sixth Sense, BiA, VR and Gun handling skills first is not the equivalent of Rammer/VStab/Optics/Vents.

 

 

I look forward to this. Picking 7,5 out of 25 Skills will lead to more interesting and specialised build options. Assuming every 0-Skill crewmember will be an instructor in the future (and maybe get the 1 time nation change WG was thinking about) this will be the greatest patch ever.

Change my Mind!

ALL THAT needs to be done is adding new perks like they did with equipment 2.0 NOT THIS RADICAL  change

 

WE MUST hope the russians on their server rise up and STOP THIS change 

18:57 Added after 1 minute

View PostUserZer00, on 12 January 2021 - 06:11 PM, said:

I just log on to play a game, I don't want to log on and spend 20 hours of Excel spreadsheet manipulation in order to reconfigure my crews to ensure the maximum benefit from the new system.

 

If the "conversion" option doesn't come with multiple default choices "sniping commander", "brawling commander", etc. then I may just leave all the crews as they are and just play the game with 6th sense and without all the other commander skills until they have the ultimatum where you have to convert your crews or have it done automatically for you.  At least that way I won't be bothered over the fact that "I should have done this" or "I should have done that".

 

I already didn't enjoy the "equipment 2.0" hassle and I'm sure that this will be at least 5x more of a bother.

 

As for someone's comment about the "Brother in arms" or other "special" crews, I'm sure that if they think that there may be legal issues they'll just filter them out as unique "instructors".

 

(end rant)

i have 188 tanks in garage , I DO NOT HAVE TIME to go through all these crews



Bordhaw #65 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17430 battles
  • 6,415
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postsaxsan4, on 12 January 2021 - 06:55 PM, said:

ALL THAT needs to be done is adding new perks like they did with equipment 2.0 NOT THIS RADICAL  change

 

WE MUST hope the russians on their server rise up and STOP THIS change 

18:57 Added after 1 minute

i have 188 tanks in garage , I DO NOT HAVE TIME to go through all these crews


Before the change comes will you need to go through them all and spend gold making loaders and drivers and gunner all into commanders ?



WigglyWorm #66 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 54311 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostBordhaw, on 12 January 2021 - 07:07 PM, said:


Before the change comes will you need to go through them all and spend gold making loaders and drivers and gunner all into commanders ?

 

This is something I'd like to know.

 

As BiA/Sisterhood couldn't be mixed when the Female Crews were originally added, I have 5 of them from Campaigns all in the one tank.

 

So do I lose 4 of them ? Do I convert them to Commanders now ?

 

As saxsan4 has said, add new skills/perks. Buff the ones that are not used as much. Simplify some of the others, remove perk/skill distinctions.

 

I just see Crew 2.0 needlessly complicating a system that most players have worked with and learnt up until now.

 

They have invested time, money (though reskilling/retraining), all to be thrown away, all in the guise of "simplyfying things".

The cynic in me says it will go ahead as the same codebase will be pretty much the same as World of Warships and thus cheaper to support than different systems in different games.

 

Equipment 2.0 took a wrecking ball to my 280+ tank garage. I'm still dealing with that change, but overall, I reckon it was a positive to the game.

 

The sound of this change is somebody dynamiting my barracks, bulldozing the rubble and telling me not to worry as the crews got a proper burial.

 

 



imposter #67 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 36028 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

What happens with recuits? I have some crew members from campaigns, battlepass and christmas which I haven't yet recruited. 



gunslingerXXX #68 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:11 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16243 battles
  • 5,472
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View Postsaxsan4, on 12 January 2021 - 07:55 PM, said:

 

i have 188 tanks in garage , I DO NOT HAVE TIME to go through all these crews

Work 2 hours less, buy one less premium tank to account for income loss. Done. 

 



Zoggo_ #69 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36464 battles
  • 679
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO
  • Member since:
    05-11-2013

Wargaming is playing with fire here, get Crew 2.0 wrong it will finish this game.

 

The problem is, unlike Equipment 2.0, players have spent a lot of real money, either on BIA crews and/or transferring crews to different tanks using gold.

Equipment 2.0 was easier to compensate players as equipment was brought only with credits or bonds.

 

So much wrong with this game yet WG plough on with a new system literally nobody was crying out for. Tbh I would have been happy for now if they just made 6th sense standard to all commanders and left it at that.

Imagine all the resourses and time wasted on this when they could be fixing/balancing the core of the game instead.

 

This sentence from the leak sums up Crew 2.0 -  " It's also an attempt to push new things to suck money / time out of players and impose a worthless new interface."



ares354 #70 Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:06 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 80215 battles
  • 3,896
  • Member since:
    12-05-2010

View PostZoggo_, on 12 January 2021 - 09:25 PM, said:

Wargaming is playing with fire here, get Crew 2.0 wrong it will finish this game.

 

The problem is, unlike Equipment 2.0, players have spent a lot of real money, either on BIA crews and/or transferring crews to different tanks using gold.

Equipment 2.0 was easier to compensate players as equipment was brought only with credits or bonds.

 

So much wrong with this game yet WG plough on with a new system literally nobody was crying out for. Tbh I would have been happy for now if they just made 6th sense standard to all commanders and left it at that.

Imagine all the resourses and time wasted on this when they could be fixing/balancing the core of the game instead.

 

This sentence from the leak sums up Crew 2.0 -  " It's also an attempt to push new things to suck money / time out of players and impose a worthless new interface."

Problem is, if you are too dumb or you lack money, dont use real money on game that may end up dead anyway. YOU PUT ON YOUR OWN RISK REAL MONEY ON CREW< FFs, that your [edited]problem. 

Damn this forum is brain dead. 

I never played crew 2.0 but its suck already. 

Maybe wait for sandbox, then start bitching. And if cannot afford to spent money on game, dont do it. 

I NEVER, ever for 10 year spend 1 gold for crew, and I want new crew. This one, suck, perks are old and useless. Game and meta changed for year, so should crew. 



Homer_J #71 Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34489 battles
  • 39,650
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 January 2021 - 04:36 PM, said:

 

Wouldnt that be weird ? So if I understand how you see it correctly my 5 crew E50 6 skill would make for a better commander than my 2 crew 6 skill in my ELC.

 

Good point, the alternative would be averaged across the crew but then a 5 crew E50 with a 5 skill commander and the rest 50% primary would be worse than a 2 crew ELC with a 5 skill commander and a 50% driver.  Which would also be a bit of an inconsistency. 

 

One problem (of many) is the way exp is currently distributed with and without ACT on.  With ACT the 2 man crew develops much faster than the 5 man crew.  If less effort is required to progress a crew should they be compensated less?

 

It's all conjecture at the moment though until we see the actual conversion.



GodTank2 #72 Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12841 battles
  • 1,355
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostZoggo_, on 12 January 2021 - 11:25 PM, said:

This sentence from the leak sums up Crew 2.0 -  " It's also an attempt to push new things to suck money / time out of players and impose a worthless new interface."

 

Isnt this the point of videogames? For companies to make money > push out new updates to keep people interested > make more money? Or you think this is a wonderland where you get everything for free and the game will run forever without any funding?

 

If you spent gold on crew members then you got your money's worth. Things change , you can expect a 10 year old game to stay the same forever. What happens if WG stops adding new tanks stops updating old features and just keeps the game how it is forever?

 

Alot of people want an updated crew system because this one is atm is complete garbage. Same boring thing over and over again just like old equipment.

 

You cried about Equipment 2.0 and it was a massive success. Now you are crying about Crew 2.0 without having any information on the changes.

 

 



FizzleMcSnizzle #73 Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34409 battles
  • 1,483
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018

View PostGodTank2, on 12 January 2021 - 10:44 PM, said:

 

Isnt this the point of videogames? For companies to make money > push out new updates to keep people interested > make more money? Or you think this is a wonderland where you get everything for free and the game will run forever without any funding?

 

If you spent gold on crew members then you got your money's worth. Things change , you can expect a 10 year old game to stay the same forever. What happens if WG stops adding new tanks stops updating old features and just keeps the game how it is forever?

 

Alot of people want an updated crew system because this one is atm is complete garbage. Same boring thing over and over again just like old equipment.

 

You cried about Equipment 2.0 and it was a massive success. Now you are crying about Crew 2.0 without having any information on the changes.

 

 

Who says Equipment 2.0 is a massive success? I appreciate many like it, but many don't.

A massive success for the company, granted, in leeching money out of players.

It hasn't improved my gaming experience at all. Frankly I couldn't give a **** about any of the 2.0 malarkey. It all pales into utter insignificance compared to the game's actual problems.  

 

 



habar_name #74 Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20845 battles
  • 91
  • [CSESS] CSESS
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013
The biggest problem I think could be, is the fact that the tanks will behave different, and by different I am thinking at worse than now. First time when they announce crew 2.0 they claim that the experienced crews impact the performance of the tank too much and crew 2.0 will change that in order for the new players with tanks with unskilled crews will not feel too much difference comparing with skilled ones. I hope you got my point, english is not my first language.

bstb3 #75 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44174 battles
  • 283
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View Posthabar_name, on 12 January 2021 - 10:57 PM, said:

The biggest problem I think could be, is the fact that the tanks will behave different, and by different I am thinking at worse than now. First time when they announce crew 2.0 they claim that the experienced crews impact the performance of the tank too much and crew 2.0 will change that in order for the new players with tanks with unskilled crews will not feel too much difference comparing with skilled ones. I hope you got my point, english is not my first language.

Yeah, your point is clear and it's a very valid one. If people with currently highly skilled crews lose the advantage they have earned through xp gain (or paid for now with crew books, but still...) it won't go down well. There has to be a point to developing good crews and that has to be performance benefits - narrow the gap too far and it will fail hard.



Vasqes #76 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:14 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 52317 battles
  • 157
  • [CJB] CJB
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010

It will be "The Last Feature" of this game. The idea itself is worst than the existing one. So what's the point? Seriously who is working there? Many players myself included will leave this game. I have almost all my crews at 5+ levels. And I SPENT a lot of my time and money on them. 

 

So NO NO NO - a stupid moronic idea 



FriendlyRussianBunny #77 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:29 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45155 battles
  • 4,246
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
seems really stupid take :sceptic:

Paulo_Lion_Heart #78 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30158 battles
  • 426
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

I'm sure, the game will stay better, Commander's.

 

WG creat a super cool game, played for us a long years.

Why we still play this game, because he are very good, why he is very good, because WG change him for better in last year's! 

 

Don't talk about money, we all put money in game because we want, because we like him, because we enjoy him, and not because WG asked or demanded. 

 

This game will never be perfect for all, we are to many for this game can be perfect for all.

 

Who really love this game, love WG, because WG creat this Delicious Vicious!!!  


Edited by Paulo_Lion_Heart, 13 January 2021 - 01:54 AM.


_Maginot40 #79 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:07 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1817 battles
  • 217
  • Member since:
    07-01-2018

View PostSovietBias, on 12 January 2021 - 03:11 PM, said:

Of all the changes WG has came up with(ammo, equipment,premium MM) this is the one I fear the most.

 

I've spent a considerable amount of money getting crews where I wanted. At the risk of sounding like an old forumite particularly vocal about crews, I'd hate to feel that 'investment' taken away.


Dont worry you will have to pay even more to get them functioning properly again. And some of the gold you spent will be turned in to foolsgold with commanders that has no tank to operate.



MeetriX #80 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:20 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 31272 battles
  • 5,728
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2021 - 11:26 PM, said:

 

Good point, the alternative would be averaged across the crew but then a 5 crew E50 with a 5 skill commander and the rest 50% primary would be worse than a 2 crew ELC with a 5 skill commander and a 50% driver.  Which would also be a bit of an inconsistency. 

 

One problem (of many) is the way exp is currently distributed with and without ACT on.  With ACT the 2 man crew develops much faster than the 5 man crew.  If less effort is required to progress a crew should they be compensated less?

 

It's all conjecture at the moment though until we see the actual conversion.

Faster is debatable.

When commander is also a radio man, loader and a gunner it is not very fast to get all the crucial skills and perks.






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users