Crew 2.0 test info, Wot express translation

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

_Maginot40 #81 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1817 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2021 - 10:26 PM, said:

Good point, the alternative would be averaged across the crew but then a 5 crew E50 with a 5 skill commander and the rest 50% primary would be worse than a 2 crew ELC with a 5 skill commander and a 50% driver.  Which would also be a bit of an inconsistency. 

One problem (of many) is the way exp is currently distributed with and without ACT on.  With ACT the 2 man crew develops much faster than the 5 man crew.  If less effort is required to progress a crew should they be compensated less?

It's all conjecture at the moment though until we see the actual conversion.

Except they really dont as each crew member have a lot more skill they need to get and that takes a long time, i would say that a crew of 2 is at a disadvantage over a crew with 6 members today.

bertiebond #82 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46817 battles
  • [341] 341

this is [edited]

the current crew system, warts and all, is part of the WOT gameplay

they can tweak it

1) make more useful skills, esp loader and radio

2) make crew useable to more than 1 tank (e.g. if has driven another tank in the past, can still drive that tank at 95% rating) 

3) non-stupid instructors (e.g. if tank doesnt have certain crew slots like loader, and commander is taking on the role, you can attach an existing loader to the commander as an instructor and 1 skill of that instructor can be selected)

but to implement some [edited] up POS that will [edited] over everyone to some degree, no.No. NO!

Edited by Homer_J, 13 January 2021 - 05:42 AM.
Profanity

snowlywhite #83 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37923 battles

can't they just add 6th sense for everyone and refund the crew xp? eventually work out some new skills/perks?

I'm sure the guys at product will also figure out how to monetize it better and everyone's happy. Instead of this f up.

Like, wtf, I bought 274a for the crew; not in order to play with that junk...

p.s. - why the f did I waste a ton of time playin' all those dumb arty missions?!! Because t-55 gathers dust in garage for almost an year; and I have about as much interest in 260.

Edited by snowlywhite, 13 January 2021 - 03:56 AM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #84 Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:27 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11615 battles
  • [AAV] AAV
Moaning intensifies.

Homer_J #85 Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:41 AM

Field Marshal

• 34458 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeetriX, on 13 January 2021 - 01:20 AM, said:

Faster is debatable.

When commander is also a radio man, loader and a gunner it is not very fast to get all the crucial skills and perks.

View Post_Maginot40, on 13 January 2021 - 01:22 AM, said:

Except they really dont as each crew member have a lot more skill they need to get and that takes a long time, i would say that a crew of 2 is at a disadvantage over a crew with 6 members today.

Semantics but a 2 man crew gains exp faster with ACT on than a 5 man crew does.

mjs_89 #86 Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13452 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 January 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

Most players would agree with a few new relevant perks or skills being added to make the choices greater much the same way as Equipment 2.0 has been OK although the implementation and presentation was botched.

The leak from Crew 2.0 suggests that WG developers are in a mess where they are going with these changes and it has all the chances of being another Rubicon.

The real problem that WG has is that players will have spent real money on acquiring a 4 person 0% BIA crew. If any of those four are worth less under the new system then the player will be entitled to a financial refund. I really do not think WG have thought this through yet.

They had the SuperPershing refund fiasco and presently the leaks seem to suggest they are about to fall into the same trap.

In the same way that WG cannot nerf premiums without offering a refund, they will not be able to nerf any crew member that was purchased for hard cash.

That will directly effect the 0% BIA crews that were purchased for currency. I suspect that the developers currently working on Crew 2.0 may have forgotten this little technicality, but the WG legal department will not.

It does not effect personal mission reward crews, Christmas gift crews (unless directly bought for cash) or other gift commanders (Chuck, goalkeeper etc) all of which WG can nerf.

BiA-crew from Bromwell/Rudy/etc always was a free bonus, nyou always paid for the tank. And since you got either the tank or gold compensation your argument is invalid.

View Postsaxsan4, on 12 January 2021 - 07:55 PM, said:

ALL THAT needs to be done is adding new perks like they did with equipment 2.0 NOT THIS RADICAL  change

WE MUST hope the russians on their server rise up and STOP THIS change 

18:57 Added after 1 minute

i have 188 tanks in garage , I DO NOT HAVE TIME to go through all these crews

You played 23 battles on average last month. Assuming those were all 5min games that's about 2h/day. If anyone has time for this, it's you...

FriendlyRussianBunny #87 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 45015 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

So what will happen to all the premium tank crews bought with real money? All the gold invested in crew?

Because there were quite a few that costed extra money to get bia or a 100% skill that counted as zero exp (or we could buy just the tank for cheaper). Berlin crews anyone? :sceptic:

All the free exp converted with gold that I pumped into dozens of different crew? That was a substantial amount of gold (money) that now is worth jackshirt :sceptic:

What about every new tank that we spent 200 gold to retrain each crew member to 100%? How about the skill resets (200 gold) or qualification changes (500 gold)?

Basically you keep screwing your financial bakers: 1- you nerfed the income of premium tanks 2 - now is time to wipe out all the money investment we put over 10 years into a basic feature of the game!

The idea is to delete everything we done and force us to spend even more money?

This is not an improvement is a SCAM! gtfo! You are insane! :angry:

Edited by FriendlyRussianBunny, 13 January 2021 - 09:02 AM.

undutchable80 #88 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17451 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So many questions and concerns, but since the TAP / TDB articles are mostly rumours / early leaks, I will wait with raising those questions and concerns. But as many, I am pessimistic about the whole 2.0 thing. Why not just rework (i.e. change / remove / add) new skills and perks? If you want the 75 point system, why not introduce that AND keep the current crew layout. Like any RPG game, all crew members can then get trained along their own skill-line with unique skills to invest in. 

BR33K1_PAWAH #89 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:35 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11615 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

Sometimes when you want to make your app better it's cheaper to remove a feature and make a new one rather than trying to make it work as it is.

Imo current perk system is effed beyond repair - some perks take 4-5 times more exp to level up than others, some are straight up useless and leveling your crew to must-have level - sixth sense and repair/camo - takes too much time. It's simple but stupid and it's a very old, outdated implementation. The only reason it doesn't bother players too much - we are used to it.

Probably why it's a complete rework instead of patching current system.

Edited by BR33K1_PAWAH, 13 January 2021 - 09:41 AM.

W8inG4DeatH_ #90 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3995 battles
  • [PAZIU] PAZIU

The max training is too low - the equivalent of 5 perks is not enough. Most players already have such crews and there is no need to continue playing.

They should increase it x 2 (10 perks) to keep playing with crews.

Edited by W8inG4DeatH_, 13 January 2021 - 09:46 AM.

CandyVanMan #91 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30607 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postsnowlywhite, on 13 January 2021 - 02:49 AM, said:

can't they just add 6th sense for everyone and refund the crew xp? eventually work out some new skills/perks?

I'm sure the guys at product will also figure out how to monetize it better and everyone's happy. Instead of this f up.

Like, wtf, I bought 274a for the crew; not in order to play with that junk...

p.s. - why the f did I waste a ton of time playin' all those dumb arty missions?!! Because t-55 gathers dust in garage for almost an year; and I have about as much interest in 260.

And the crew will still be better with the new system, you lose nothing, but new players don't get raped with the meaningless crew grind that is currently in the game.

I have a lot of very good crews, more than most, and I support this change 100%, as I would rather see new players play a game that is more fair, than keep my own advantage over them.

The current system is also extremely shallow and dumb, there is no meaningful variation in crew setups between tanks now.

Miepie #92 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:55 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7773 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFriendlyRussianBunny, on 13 January 2021 - 09:01 AM, said:

Basically you keep screwing your financial bakers: 

Do not screw your bakers! Yeast infections are not pleasant! :izmena:

Richthoffen #93 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34773 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

View PostCandyVanMan, on 13 January 2021 - 09:50 AM, said:

And the crew will still be better with the new system, you lose nothing, but new players don't get raped with the meaningless crew grind that is currently in the game.

I have a lot of very good crews, more than most, and I support this change 100%, as I would rather see new players play a game that is more fair, than keep my own advantage over them.

The current system is also extremely shallow and dumb, there is no meaningful variation in crew setups between tanks now.

so you are fine by having tanks like the chieftain removed from your account then? as that is something you worked for an is not given to everyone that did not put the effort in this game

PowJay #94 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45360 battles

So many questions, first of all being WHY?

For varying degrees of time we have been able to train (and retrain) crews with a variety of methods...

Crew training for Gold, Credits, or for naf all, admittedly. Move them to another vehicle and you have the same three options. This, to me, is one of the most-beneficial ways of spending Gold in the game.

On a vehicle by vehicle basis, you have then been able to train a crew with normal grinding. Add to this the option to activate Personal Reserves and take the benefit of various events that have offered crew-training bonus.

Then you can switch crews to Premium vehicles that you have paid for. I have very few Premium vehicles that I have paid for and I don't prioritise their use for crew training, but it is a very important feature.

And then there is Free XP boosting, and some players have probably paid to convert XP in order to boost crew training.

And then there are Crew Books.

Have I missed anything?

Forgetting any special crew members that become instructors- and I have a full Snow Maiden crew somewhere (three on a Swedish TD, I think) and another commanded by Claus (Jpz E 100)- then WTF are WG going to do about that?

The ONLY way to keep the playerbase happy (enough) is to ensure that the amount of XP on any crew member is compensated and that any changes that need to be made to crews are FREE OF CHARGE.

And I still don't get what happens to excess numbers of crew members when the dust settles. 

If any changes were required then all that needed to happen was introduce Crew 2 and allow every player one free reset for every crew member to acquire new skills. This sounds like a typical WG complete revamp that only serves to [edited] off the entire playerbase.

Obviously, at this point, they themselves clearly don't have a clue what they are going to do. :facepalm:

arthurwellsley #95 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:15 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 58850 battles
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA

View Postmjs_89, on 13 January 2021 - 07:32 AM, said:

BiA-crew from Bromwell/Rudy/etc always was a free bonus, you always paid for the tank. And since you got either the tank or gold compensation your argument is invalid.

Your not thinking broadly enough;

TLC 1LPT - comes with a crew from a band. They all have voice actions that are scripted to have one say something and another reply.

Sabaton Centurion - ditto to above

T42 - came with TEN 0%BIA crew

there are probably others I cannot remember.

The Berlin tanks that could be purchased with a 0%BIA crew if bought a second or third time for an additional 0% crew had gold compensation for the tank but not for the value of the whole package. WG has always priced premium tanks as A, the rest of the package as B plus C plus D and the customer pays A+B+C+D = E. Thus for example with the Cromwell B package the garage slot is valued by WG at 200g. When the player purchases the second Cromwell B they get the free garage slot and so the gold compensation for the non-existent second Cromwell B does not take that item into account, in the same way it does not take into account the value of the 0%BIA crew which the player is actually buying.

All of the above if radically altered will require WG as a company to pay the customers involved back cash. The developers might not be aware of that but the lawyers or the compliance department in WG who ensure that they meet EU and domestic consumer regulations will be well aware of this issue. Christmas loot boxes exist, but if you live in Belgium you have no access to them because WG have decided to interpret Belgium domestic law as forbidding them. Most big multi nationals (and WG is one) will generally err on the side of caution to avoid breaking what they perceive to be national or EU laws, because breaking laws tends to cost corporations large fines, and generally it is easier to try and avoid those.

Lets be clear there are those of us who are sufficiently literate and articulate to report WG to the relevant national and EU consumer protection organisations if we feel that WG has breached the law. I am pretty sure certain parts of the office in Cyprus are aware of that fact. The leak is merely a leak of early developer thoughts. Sandbox tests will be undertaken. The proposals will go to the lawyers and to compliance. Then we will see what emerges before WG try and sell the result to their customers.

BR33K1_PAWAH #96 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11615 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

View PostPowJay, on 13 January 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

The ONLY way to keep the playerbase happy (enough)

Imo, there is no way:

players: equipment is too expensive and everyone uses same three

WG: EQ2.0

players: i have to read and click buttons in garage, reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

players: arty op and is oneshotting mediums

WG: arty rework

players: stuns, reeeeeeeeeeeee

players: steamrolls!

WG: maps 1.0 rework

players: too many campers, reeeeeeeeeee (me is also in this choir)

players: random is boring

WG: here, have FL, Steel hunter and some fun PvE modes

players: new gamemodes are crap, reeeeeeeeee

List goes on.

Edited by BR33K1_PAWAH, 13 January 2021 - 10:22 AM.

RaxipIx #97 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38056 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Is it just me or WG is planning to shaft, every single person who has highly trained full  girl/berlin crews in tanks?

It's a no win situation either way, if they merge  4 ,5 skilled girls into one max level commander i just lose out 3 girl/berlin crew instructors.

-If they don't merge, and make them all crew instructors, i will  lose highly trained crews on my most favorite and played tanks. Remaining with a pleb, new,  no skill,commander.

This is a big deal for me, since i have almost all the girls from the PM campaign mission, and got all the girls from every Holiday OP event+several times i bought Crom B, Rudy for the Bia crew. + i got all the winnable commanders from team clash, the extra ones from boxes, santa claus, judy, chuck. I have bare minimum 15 tanks that only consist from  special crews. And all of them have over 5 skills, even 6 some of them.

eldrak #98 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56371 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

I see just these good changes in there;

• Able to see what crew skills you have while in battle (It's been available with mods since forever)
  • One crew can use several tanks (for an initial fee though)
  • 6th on by default (it should always have been, but with a longer delay that you can decrease by training the skill)

All of these could be done under the current crew system.

I'd rather see them just balance the current skills and add a few more. Also rework all perks into skills, none of them really need to be perks. And move 6th from commander to radioman.

BR33K1_PAWAH #99 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:31 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11615 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

View PostRaxipIx, on 13 January 2021 - 12:26 PM, said:

Is it just me or WG is planning to shaft, every single person who has highly trained full  girl/berlin crews in tanks?

It's a no win situation either way, if they merge  4 ,5 skilled girls into one max level commander i just lose out 3 girl/berlin crew instructors.

-If they don't merge, and make them all crew instructors, i will  lose highly trained crews on my most favorite and played tanks. Remaining with a pleb, new,  no skill,commander.

This is a big deal for me, since i have almost all the girls from the PM campaign mission, and got all the girls from every Holiday OP event+several times i bought Crom B, Rudy for the Bia crew. + i got all the winnable commanders from team clash, the extra ones from boxes, santa claus, judy, chuck. I have bare minimum 15 tanks that only consist from  special crews. And all of them have over 5 skills, even 6 some of them.

As far as understood from 2020 last dev stream - no, we won't lose our instructors. So my 4 perk GE heavy crew of 4 campaign grills and some random dude will turn into a super-high lvl crew and 4 instructors.

Golza #100 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 50938 battles
  • [VTEPS] VTEPS
With this 1 commander for 3 tanks, a lot of crew will be useless. 
What if skill points will be counted by Nation&Type and creating a commander(crew) will cost X points. And all unique crew would be added as instructors to re-recruite
So all RU/Meds wuold be counted together exmpl: 165 skill points to distribute  1st Commander for Obj140: 10p to create + 50 to skills 2nd Cmd for 430U: 10p+40p 3rd Cmd for T54: 10p+25p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users