Vertical Stabilizer Improved Equipment WZ-132

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

T_mat #1 Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40362 battles
  • [GMK] GMK

Since I have no interest in the current tanks that are obtainable with bonds I am considering to use some of the bonds I have to equip one of my favourite Frontlines tanks, the WZ-132, with Improved Stabilizing Equipment System instead of the current Vertical Stabilizer.

On paper the Vertical Stabilizer gives a stabilization value of 20% versus 27,5% for the Improved Stabilizing Equipment System and I was wondering if there is a noticable difference during gameplay.

Current setup for my WZ-132:

Coated Optics in the first slot,

Improved Ventilation and Vertical Stabilizer.

Large repairkit, Large First Aid kit and Improved Combat Rations.

Crew is already well on it’s way with the 6th skill, so already maxed out.

TL;DR

Is there in gameplay a noticable difference between the Vertical Stabilizer and the Improved Stabilizing Equipment System?

Infryndiira #2 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28269 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

The difference between a standard Vertical Stabiliser and a bond Vertical Stabiliser (Improved Stabilising) is most pronounced on vehicles that have worse soft stats for their guns, and are therefore going to see a more practical difference. Here are some examples, all of which comparing Vertical Stabiliser vs Bounty Stabiliser vs Bond Stabiliser with no other equipment and no crew skills:

In this instance, all three pieces of equipment offer effectively the same improvement in soft stats except for after firing, which is irrelevant as the Object 140 can aim between shots without issue.

In this instance, each piece of equipment offers progressively better stabilisation on turret traverse and after firing, the latter of which remains irrelevant, but the former of which becomes very, very noticeable.

In this instance, each piece of equipment offers progressively better stabilisation in all situations, with Standard and Bounty Stabilisers in a tie for turret traverse. The after-firing improvement is most significant, as this is an autoloader.

• WZ-120 (including version without Vertical Stabiliser)

In this case, Standard and Bounty Stabilisers offer the same effect except for after firing (which is irrelevant), but Bond Stabilisers offer a minor improvement in hull movement and traverse (but not turret traverse).

However, when compared to using no equipment at all, one can see that the overall improvement is largely minor as the WZ-120 comes with good soft stats already, making the use of a Vertical Stabiliser potentially unnecessary; instead, one could opt to use the slot for something different, such as Commander's Vision System and/or Low-Noise Exhaust System if you elect to make a full reconaissance build optimised for vision games.

• WZ-120 comparison between your build and a proposed reconaissance build

All three tanks in the comparison come with camo paint, Camouflage, Recon, Situational Awareness and Brothers in Arms. The second tank slots Coated Optics at the first slot, while the third tank slots Low-Noise Exhaust at the first slot, with the last piece of equipment being Commander's Vision System (which I don't slot first since this is a Tier VIII light tank and can benefit more from other stuff in my humble opinion, but you definitely can swap it to the first slot too).

In this example, your current build has a minor edge in reload (0,16s), dispersion (0,01m at 100m) and gun stabilisation (0,02m to 0,03m on movement and traverse) with 34,2% concealment and 468,04m view range. The spotting variant comes with 39,92% concealment and 457,21m view range, while the stealthy variant comes with 41,92% concealment and 451,06m view range; both also inflict a 15% penalty to the concealment of enemies behind foliage and 10% to the concealment of enemies that move, with the two penalties stacking if required. This means that they will both be spotted later than your build in all situations, while also spotting further out in almost all situations, at the cost of 0,16s reload and very minor accuracy at long ranges. It suffices to say that this gives them an edge in both racking up assisted damage, as well as a first shot opportunity. The current build only has an edge in a DPM race, which is very uncommon, and especially for light tanks.

Just my humble two cents, I hope that I answered your question as well as gave you some insight to some new possible builds for you to consider.

24doom24 #3 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 10266 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
If it can mount a stabilizer, use it. IRM is good for turreted/non turreted TDs and arty since they can't mount stabilizers. 

Edited by 24doom24, 12 January 2021 - 09:07 PM.

MeetriX #4 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31745 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View Post24doom24, on 12 January 2021 - 10:07 PM, said:

If it can mount a stabilizer, use it. IRM is good for turreted/non turreted TDs and arty since they can't mount stabilizers. 

OP didn't ask that.

T_mat #5 Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40362 battles
  • [GMK] GMK

View PostInfryndiira, on 12 January 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

The difference between a standard Vertical Stabiliser and a bond Vertical Stabiliser (Improved Stabilising) is most pronounced on vehicles that have worse soft stats for their guns, and are therefore going to see a more practical difference. Here are some examples, all of which comparing Vertical Stabiliser vs Bounty Stabiliser vs Bond Stabiliser with no other equipment and no crew skills:

In this instance, all three pieces of equipment offer effectively the same improvement in soft stats except for after firing, which is irrelevant as the Object 140 can aim between shots without issue.

In this instance, each piece of equipment offers progressively better stabilisation on turret traverse and after firing, the latter of which remains irrelevant, but the former of which becomes very, very noticeable.

In this instance, each piece of equipment offers progressively better stabilisation in all situations, with Standard and Bounty Stabilisers in a tie for turret traverse. The after-firing improvement is most significant, as this is an autoloader.

• WZ-120 (including version without Vertical Stabiliser)

In this case, Standard and Bounty Stabilisers offer the same effect except for after firing (which is irrelevant), but Bond Stabilisers offer a minor improvement in hull movement and traverse (but not turret traverse).

However, when compared to using no equipment at all, one can see that the overall improvement is largely minor as the WZ-120 comes with good soft stats already, making the use of a Vertical Stabiliser potentially unnecessary; instead, one could opt to use the slot for something different, such as Commander's Vision System and/or Low-Noise Exhaust System if you elect to make a full reconaissance build optimised for vision games.

• WZ-120 comparison between your build and a proposed reconaissance build

All three tanks in the comparison come with camo paint, Camouflage, Recon, Situational Awareness and Brothers in Arms. The second tank slots Coated Optics at the first slot, while the third tank slots Low-Noise Exhaust at the first slot, with the last piece of equipment being Commander's Vision System (which I don't slot first since this is a Tier VIII light tank and can benefit more from other stuff in my humble opinion, but you definitely can swap it to the first slot too).

In this example, your current build has a minor edge in reload (0,16s), dispersion (0,01m at 100m) and gun stabilisation (0,02m to 0,03m on movement and traverse) with 34,2% concealment and 468,04m view range. The spotting variant comes with 39,92% concealment and 457,21m view range, while the stealthy variant comes with 41,92% concealment and 451,06m view range; both also inflict a 15% penalty to the concealment of enemies behind foliage and 10% to the concealment of enemies that move, with the two penalties stacking if required. This means that they will both be spotted later than your build in all situations, while also spotting further out in almost all situations, at the cost of 0,16s reload and very minor accuracy at long ranges. It suffices to say that this gives them an edge in both racking up assisted damage, as well as a first shot opportunity. The current build only has an edge in a DPM race, which is very uncommon, and especially for light tanks.

Just my humble two cents, I hope that I answered your question as well as gave you some insight to some new possible builds for you to consider.

Thank you for your very extensive answer.

I already searched for the effectiveness difference between those and could not find anything, your answer covers it for all different situations.

So the difference between bond and normal Stabilizers in case of the WZ-132 is very minimal and probably not noticable.

Your propositions for an alternative build for either spotting or stealth build are interesting, I will give these a try next time Frontlines hits the servers.

(Although I have to admit that I really like to play the WZ-132 quite aggressive in Frontlines, It is very nimmble and responsive).

For an alternative playstyle in Frontlines I’m also planning to try the ELC Even 90 in full stealth loadout, very curious how that will work out.

Infryndiira #6 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28269 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostT_mat, on 13 January 2021 - 12:17 AM, said:

Thank you for your very extensive answer.

I already searched for the effectiveness difference between those and could not find anything, your answer covers it for all different situations.

So the difference between bond and normal Stabilizers in case of the WZ-132 is very minimal and probably not noticable.

Your propositions for an alternative build for either spotting or stealth build are interesting, I will give these a try next time Frontlines hits the servers.

(Although I have to admit that I really like to play the WZ-132 quite aggressive in Frontlines, It is very nimmble and responsive).

For an alternative playstyle in Frontlines I’m also planning to try the ELC Even 90 in full stealth loadout, very curious how that will work out.

Anytime!

I personally run variations of the build I proposed for all my light tanks, as I'd very much rather improve the team's vision and I tend to hold back on shooting instinctively by now. I run it on my EVEN 90 as well, with the Low-Noise Exhaust at the bonus slot, and even a Concealment skill directive for bonus points; you're virtually invisible as long as no tanks are within 50m from you, creating some very interesting and amusing situations.

T_mat #7 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40362 battles
  • [GMK] GMK

View PostInfryndiira, on 12 January 2021 - 11:48 PM, said:

Anytime!

I personally run variations of the build I proposed for all my light tanks, as I'd very much rather improve the team's vision and I tend to hold back on shooting instinctively by now. I run it on my EVEN 90 as well, with the Low-Noise Exhaust at the bonus slot, and even a Concealment skill directive for bonus points; you're virtually invisible as long as no tanks are within 50m from you, creating some very interesting and amusing situations.

Looking forward to this in the ELC Even, it already has insane camorating. :)

After reading your topic about “Usefull Equipment 2.0 Trivia” and the containing video of 4 Tankers and a Dog it looks even more tempting to drop the Stabilizer and possibly even the Ventilation for LNES and CVS in the Frontlines meta, because you are probably competing with opponents who will use the same equipment.

Definitely going to try some setups next time.

Infryndiira #8 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28269 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostT_mat, on 13 January 2021 - 02:14 AM, said:

Looking forward to this in the ELC Even, it already has insane camorating. :)

After reading your topic about “Usefull Equipment 2.0 Trivia” and the containing video of 4 Tankers and a Dog it looks even more tempting to drop the Stabilizer and possibly even the Ventilation for LNES and CVS in the Frontlines meta, because you are probably competing with opponents who will use the same equipment.

Definitely going to try some setups next time.

The EVEN is an absolute ninja with pimped up concealment indeed! It reaches 55.63% concealment and 471m view range with my build, not to mention the Commander's Vision System.

Spoiler

Spotter builds work outside Frontlines too, though they shine the brightest when they get nice, big, open maps. I'm definitely looking forward to experimenting in Frontlines with these builds myself, however!

Edited by Infryndiira, 13 January 2021 - 02:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users