How to improve winning rate

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

OneSock #21 Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46925 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

One key skill is to understand how OP teamwork is. If you see a teammate is struggling, if you can safely help, go help. 2 guns are better than 1. You never want to give the enemy a fair fight. If your team mate is a 1 shot and you can save him by taking a hit, take the hit. Keeping your guns on the field is crucial.

You have to think of your Hit Points as a currency. You spend it to gain advantage in the game. If you need to "spend" some HP to get into a better position, take a hit or two. If you need to save a team mate, take a hit or two. if you need to break a stalemate make a push and spend some HP. If you have 100% HP at the end of a game, you basically didn't contribute to your best capability.

It is a careful balancing act though. If you make a mistake early in the battle and lose 90% of your HP, it is better to withdraw to safety and play at the back, than to keep playing aggressively and sacrifice yourself early in the game.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #22 Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24587 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBigtprimE, on 15 January 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

skill4ltu and dakillzor are excellent players, but it's useless for a noob since they play high tiers with OP tanks (mostly) and know excalty when to use standard ammo and premium ammo.

Its interesting for map awarness, but they usually do not explain things about game mechanics likes : armor, penetration, camo...

Seriously, OP tanks and premium ammo are the main takeaways from their play? What aspects of the game in your opinion work only in the high tiers and not in mid and low?

It is a good question if newbs and noobs alike should dive directly to the deep end. Why learn mediocre ways, when you can (at least try to) learn good play. And fail a lot in the process.

CandyVanMan #23 Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30607 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostBigtprimE, on 15 January 2021 - 08:56 AM, said:

skill4ltu and dakillzor are excellent players, but it's useless for a noob since they play high tiers with OP tanks (mostly) and know excalty when to use standard ammo and premium ammo.

Not a huge fan of skill4ltu, but I do watch some of his youtube videos.

If there is one streamer that does not abuse OP tanks, it's him.

Last video of his I watched, was with T69, one of the worst tier 8 tanks in the game, in which he did carry a lot of premium, but barely used any of it, and still kept well over 3k avg over 3 battles.

Dakillzor also plays a lot of terrible tanks for the lols, and does so pretty well, even when trolling.

Your post is horrendous, and watching both of them can be good for a less experienced player, if on tries to analyze why they do what they do.

If you just look at the scenery, and don't apply any thought to it, then you will get nothing out of it, just entertainment.

DeanWong #24 Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18000 battles
  • [JEEZ] JEEZ

View PostBigtprimE, on 15 January 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

Its interesting for map awarness, but they usually do not explain things about game mechanics likes : armor, penetration, camo...

:amazed:

I get it, you are trolling me... :teethhappy: Good joke.

Just out of curiosity, how can skill4ltu, who has marked 95% of his tanks in EU and doing the same quest in RU server, be considered playing only OP tanks and high tier tanks?

How can someone who has done multiple top of the tree videos , explaining the strengths and weakness of each tank from tier 5 upwards, not explaining anything about armor, camo, etc......????

CandyVanMan #25 Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30607 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 15 January 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

It is a good question if newbs and noobs alike should dive directly to the deep end. Why learn mediocre ways, when you can (at least try to) learn good play. And fail a lot in the process.

For someone wanting to become better, and actively trying, playing solo high tiers is the best way, though stats will go into the trash at the start.

People in general don't try to become better, Dunning Kruger effect is very much a real thing, and as long as they get a few matches where they do some damage, they think they are "above average" or "good", so they do nothing to become better, those should stay at lower tiers so I don't have to suffer having them in my battles :angry:

AndyMoeller #26 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12240 battles
  • [B0K1L] B0K1L

View PostFlicka, on 15 January 2021 - 10:01 AM, said:

Why do you want to get your win rate up? Does it bother you if you lose more than you win?

In that case you will need to improve, and everything stated here is mostly true for improving, but you also need to understand why you make certain moves/decisions.

Surviving while being active/useful is the key.

And if you just want to play and have "fun", they just keep doing what you are doing, and you will be just another drop in the bucket. Do not forget, a big majority of wot players are roughly where you are.

...and some are working quite hard to reach that all elusive 30something % win rate. 

It's not bothering me that much. I know I threw some of the matches away just for the sake of missions but some people in the begining of the game mostly just start to say noob and idiot team.

I do not say noob and idiot for anyone even if they do mistakes but if they say that for me I do not like their attitude and sometime I push them right into the enemy fire then blacklist them.

Some of them praised themselves like "Look at my winrate I'm so good and you're so bad" 

So I asked here for some tips because I belive I deserve a 50% winrate but if it's not meant to be then so be it.

After all it's just a game. I'm not on the bottom and I do not play like crazy to get to the top. If I can get better it's fine, and if not I will still play time to time. 

Obsessive_Compulsive #27 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 31100 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

the possibility to alter ones playstyle to favour certain outcomes in your personal performance might seem implausible to some, however it does exist!

I can play for marks, I can play for missions and I can play for the win. Certain criteria must be met consistently over time in all cases to varying degrees. They are not mutually exclusive by any means. Quite often one follows the other but not always.

You can increase your win rate to a certain point and it is possible to focus on this and not see much of an impact on your overall performance in various aspects. By this I mean you can take key actions in battle that may be detrimental to your statistics ( those coveted by the masses) whilst ensuring an increase in win rate. ( an easy example would be capping for the win whenever possible)

However generally speaking if you live longer, spot, shield (key allies), damage and kill more then your win rate will go up alongside your other metrics.

The proverbial 'get gud' stands the test of time even if it is a cliche.

By posting here you have expressed a thirst for knowledge. It is in the never to be granted quenching of that thirst where one finds answers.

Keep drinking:honoring:

edit* 78% win rate tonight playing t92 LT. my goal was win rate thus I played very aggressive. I used my XVM status to bait the enemy into over comitting.

Edited by Obsessive_Compulsive, 16 January 2021 - 02:17 AM.

shikaka9 #28 Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:20 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 85091 battles
  • [M-W-B] M-W-B
pay to win, bro , pay to 

Rosetta_and_Philae #29 Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 56688 battles
  • [WTF-X] WTF-X
Contributing to the battle for a start, hope that helps:teethhappy:

rageman4u #30 Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20524 battles

There is no such a thing like that when you play with muppets! I really mean it! I start to see 37 wr players in t8. More 4x xp battles wargaming! 

Really if i turn my a.. to enemy it is safer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users