Jump to content


Platoon 2.0: More Options, More Opportunities!


  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 37,193
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Get ready to discover the Platoon 2.0 system and its new player search functions!

The full text of the news item

Praetorias #2 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20050 battles
  • 74
  • [PRAEX] PRAEX
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

How about you focus on the following instead:

 

- NERF massively or remove EBRS

- buff tiger131/tiger and japanese tiger which are a joke when comes to armour.  The game does not do the iconic tank justice.

- Incorporate Mark of Excellence and Ace Tanker mods to give us a clue of what we need to do to achieve them...


Thanks


Edited by Praetorias, 20 January 2021 - 02:20 PM.


wolfsrain #3 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 82954 battles
  • 713
  • [LASO] LASO
  • Member since:
    11-15-2010
My enthusiasm for this is....:trollface:

Gardar7 #4 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:26 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 26336 battles
  • 2,723
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
This is a nice improvement, although I think there are other issues which should have deserved priority over this. 

RedJester #5 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28101 battles
  • 878
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostPraetorias, on 20 January 2021 - 01:19 PM, said:

How about you focus on the following instead:

 

- NERF massively or remove EBRS

- buff tiger131/tiger and japanese tiger which are a joke when comes to armour.  The game does not do the iconic tank justice.

- Incorporate Mark of Excellence and Ace Tanker mods to give us a clue of what we need to do to achieve them...


Thanks

Agree about clown cars but priority should be team balance.  Too many 3 minute games and 15-1 victory or defeat type games these days. 3 clown team mates dying in the first 30 seconds type scenarios. Mismatched teams, often one team has not just better players but better tanks than the other.



General_Jack_D_Ripper #6 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7788 battles
  • 519
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

This is a good thing.

 

Unlike crew 2.0



Coltmagnum #7 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 53835 battles
  • 63
  • Member since:
    09-23-2013

Thanks, WG, for fixing another problem nobody knew existed. Or is is an improvement nobody wanted? I get confused.

 

Don't listen (yea, right) to all the players demanding real solutions for real problems, just give us more dog tags and shop 3.0, also please invent  another currency, God forbids you make in-game gold useful.



Aleksey_K #8 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 45894 battles
  • 147
  • [DR3DD] DR3DD
  • Member since:
    11-24-2011

So if somebody want to play in platoon .. if he dont have friends online have lots of choices .. for example channel "stronk platoons 2k +" or similar and can find and choice to play with players around his range

Why i need to search randoms ... :)

 

Like ppl up .. u have more important problems than platoons ... fix them first .. not these cosmetics things who nobody not ask


Edited by Aleksey_K, 20 January 2021 - 02:43 PM.


Killtech #9 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:45 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36450 battles
  • 390
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

This is insane. While it might be great at first glance it's terrible for the MM. You cannot allow for what is effectively skill MM to form platoon without having the MM being able to do proper skill MM for platoons (leaving it random for solo players). Like you are setting us up to get a lot of games where one team gets a unicorn platoon and this is "balanced" with a newbie fun platoon for the other team. Like 15:1 battles are so much fun...

And also great idea to discourage new players from playing. if they use this stupid feature they might even achieve below 35% WR without being able to understand why (yeah, u have to understand enough about statistics to calculate that... that said, are there actually none statisticians working at WG? like people that should know what they are doing??). 

 

here's the feedback from the test server:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/761385-update-1111-ct1-platoon-20/page__pid__18308991#entry18308991


Edited by Killtech, 20 January 2021 - 03:07 PM.


Horcan #10 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 65572 battles
  • 596
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011
Just as usefull as a massage to a wooden leg. Wasted work time instead of making an anticheat, or fixing some decent MM without +2.

Dazhbog #11 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:59 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 43008 battles
  • 61
  • [NED-1] NED-1
  • Member since:
    07-17-2011

WG and platoon,

I had a good day until i started platoont today.

10 losses in a row , all end in 15-3,  in less than 5 minutes.

WG and platoon totaly suck.



BR33K1_PAWAH #12 Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 12343 battles
  • 3,877
  • [AAV] AAV
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018
Nice

shikaka9 #13 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:01 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 86437 battles
  • 3,875
  • [M-W-B] M-W-B
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
Pass ... I'll wait for Platoon 3.0

_Old_Spice_ #14 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46565 battles
  • 726
  • [P4ID] P4ID
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011
I find this feature is useful:)
Firstly to find a platoon for a few battles to farm credits on prem tanks
And also to find =platoon mates for tier 10 battles:great:

Archon_Dark #15 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17413 battles
  • 61
  • [_GR-] _GR-
  • Member since:
    09-09-2019
another useless thing like dogtags instead of focusing how to fix the game.

Sturmi_0545 #16 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45737 battles
  • 784
  • [SNOB] SNOB
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

View PostPraetorias, on 20 January 2021 - 01:19 PM, said:

 

- Incorporate Mark of Excellence and Ace Tanker mods to give us a clue of what we need to do to achieve them...


 

plus: neither should damage caused with premium ammo count towards the MoE or Ace Tanker, nor should it reward any XP or credits. let tryhards compensate for their RL inadequacies somewhere else, pls.

 

PS: I love that all tanks of a platoon will be visible in the "garage", that's a cool and stylish feature. A pity that all the people I used to play with have abandoned the game long time ago for ... obvious gameplay flaws WG is unwilling to address.


Edited by Sturmi_0545, 20 January 2021 - 03:17 PM.


Killtech #17 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36450 battles
  • 390
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

View PostArchon_Dark, on 20 January 2021 - 02:11 PM, said:

another useless thing like dogtags instead of focusing how to fix the game.

 

it's not useless. it's an important change to make the MM more unbalanced. probably to break the game more so WG can later sell they are fixing the game with later patches.



Gorzki #18 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 50179 battles
  • 1,183
  • [-T0-] -T0-
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

platoons need only 1 small tweak, there are two possible options

1. platoons play in separate, platoon only queue

2. there are no platoons at all

 

there, fixed it for ya

 



Zamieszki #19 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11230 battles
  • 684
  • Member since:
    12-17-2012

View PostKilltech, on 20 January 2021 - 02:45 PM, said:

You cannot allow for what is effectively skill MM to form platoon without having the MM being able to do proper skill MM for platoons (leaving it random for solo players). Like you are setting us up to get a lot of games where one team gets a unicorn platoon and this is "balanced" with a newbie fun platoon for the other team. Like 15:1 battles are so much fun...

And also great idea to discourage new players from playing. if they use this stupid feature they might even achieve below 35% WR without being able to understand why (yeah, u have to understand enough about statistics to calculate that... that said, are there actually none statisticians working at WG? like people that should know what they are doing??).

 

This new platoon interface changes absolutely nothing.

Players already tend to platoon with ppl of similar skill.

 

BTW you seem to forget that unicums are 1% of server population, so you won't be facing unicum platoons all the time, because there is not many of them playing at any given time.

Also unicums generally don't like to platoon with each other on randoms, because their dpg drops (and apart from that mm for platoons is not that great).

 



Killtech #20 Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36450 battles
  • 390
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

View PostZamieszki, on 20 January 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

This new platoon interface changes absolutely nothing.

Players already tend to platoon with ppl of similar skill.

 

BTW you seem to forget that unicums are 1% of server population, so you won't be facing unicum platoons all the time, because there is not many of them playing at any given time.

Also unicums generally don't like to platoon with each other on randoms, because their dpg drops (and apart from that mm for platoons is not that great).

 

Do your math. If unicums get a net 80%+ WR from this feature without needing to do much for it, this feature is the most attractive for them, while it's devastating to unskilled players. That feature is a statpadders wet dream actually or anyone that care for stats, like who doesn't want to win more often? Hence it will attract certain people to use this feature is a way that will impact the distribution of players platooning towards a very asymmetric one. That maximizes variance and given how MM balances platoons it the likelyhood of getting unevent teams rises. Add to that that this feature will make platoon more popular and you have huge effect onto the game. Sure, one needs a little of statistic understanding to figure this out but it's not too uninuitive behavior.

 

Honestly, for me it sounds like either i use this feature and platoon up, or the game will get massively worse for me. Yeah, guess what will it be for me? WG finally forced me to play platoons just to get a nice MM bias.


Edited by Killtech, 20 January 2021 - 03:36 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users