More stuf for people with money!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mefido1 #1 Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_
https://worldoftanks..._param=external For F... sake now i am supposed to pay for Prime for amazon? No they do not tell you that in the video all sounds so sweat until you go on the site and ask for you'r credit card! And be careful because amazon will activate that prime and you will not eaven know it! That happen to me and i hade to delet the credit card details and stop manualy that subscription! So thx for wot giving more stuf to the ones with money!

Only_Slightly_Bent #2 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30188 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B
It does clearly say that a Prime Gaming Membership is required, right above where it tells you how to claim the loot.

This is the way it has been for every single Prime loot drop.

This is the way it is for every other game that gives Prime loot drops.

lord_chipmonk #3 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
What's the big deal? So you get a shiny if you have Prime, the same as every other Twitch package ever for every other game with which they've done such partnerships. What's the issue?

Mefido1 #4 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 January 2021 - 02:03 PM, said:

What's the big deal? So you get a shiny if you have Prime, the same as every other Twitch package ever for every other game with which they've done such partnerships. What's the issue?

How is it fair when you have premium tanks and premium acount and so on to say you want this loot then ghet a premium account on amazon?

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMefido1, on 27 January 2021 - 02:13 PM, said:

How is it fair when you have premium tanks and premium acount and so on to say you want this loot then ghet a premium account on amazon?

Sorry, still not seeing the issue. Having a premium account in WoT may or may not relate to having a Twitch prime account. I run a standard account on WoT but because we have amazon prime (for TV & deliveries) I get some occasional shinies from that. Is this a problem?

Or, do you think having a premium account itself is unfair?

Mefido1 #6 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 January 2021 - 02:18 PM, said:

Sorry, still not seeing the issue. Having a premium account in WoT may or may not relate to having a Twitch prime account. I run a standard account on WoT but because we have amazon prime (for TV & deliveries) I get some occasional shinies from that. Is this a problem?

Or, do you think having a premium account itself is unfair?

I said it is unfair after you have all of that to say! Hey you want this loot? Then go make another premium acount on amazon! 

lord_chipmonk #7 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMefido1, on 27 January 2021 - 02:20 PM, said:

I said it is unfair after you have all of that to say! Hey you want this loot? Then go make another premium acount on amazon! 

I do, I have Amazon Prime. That's how you get the loot...

Still confused, sorry. 

Mefido1 #8 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 January 2021 - 02:24 PM, said:

I do, I have Amazon Prime. That's how you get the loot...

Still confused, sorry. 

Will try to sai explain one more time! How is it fair to say if you want this loot go and make a premium account on another site?

lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMefido1, on 27 January 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

Will try to sai explain one more time! How is it fair to say if you want this loot go and make a premium account on another site?

Oh, I understand now. 

Well, because it is a collaboration between WoT and Amazon. They're trying to encourage people to give them money. I don't really see that fairness comes into it. I mean, if you wish to have both, you receive the bonus content that is described in the post. Bit like an offer in a shop that encourages you to buy more of a product than you were by promising a little extra. 

If you don't want to pay for Amazon Prime, then you don't get the extra content. Oh well, not the end of the world. 

I mean, are you objecting to the basic concept of paying for stuff? You can play WoT and use Amazon all without paying a penny in subscription fees, which is pretty good value if you ask me. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 27 January 2021 - 02:35 PM.

Mefido1 #10 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 January 2021 - 02:34 PM, said:

Oh, I understand now. 

Well, because it is a collaboration between WoT and Amazon. They're trying to encourage people to give them money. I don't really see that fairness comes into it. I mean, if you wish to have both, you receive the bonus content that is described in the post. Bit like an offer in a shop that encourages you to buy more of a product than you were by promising a little extra. 

If you don't want to pay for Amazon Prime, then you don't get the extra content. Oh well, not the end of the world. 

I mean, are you objecting to the basic concept of paying for stuff? You can play WoT and use Amazon all without paying a penny in subscription fees, which is pretty good value if you ask me. 

So what you sai it is! yeah it is not fair but let them do it! Well stuf will ghet onli worse!

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

You mean that amazon/twitch thing that's been going on for over a year now?

Yeah, you need to sell your soul to bezos for that.

lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMefido1, on 27 January 2021 - 02:37 PM, said:

So what you sai it is! yeah it is not fair but let them do it! Well stuf will ghet onli worse!

Still don't think it is "unfair". It is a small amoutn of content that you receive and WG give a lot away for free. By most accounts I'd consider them pretty generous. I mean, the extra content doesn't look particularly game breaking to me:

-1 commander (probably the main thing, but then again WG just gave away 5 of these for free over x-mas)

-1 cosmetic

-Choice between some other stuff, but none of it huge or anything

Besides, what's wrong with people paying for things and hence getting a thing? As long as it doesn't give them an unfair advantage in-game I have no issue. We could argue about the P2W nature of the commander, but I think that boat has sailed. 

Mefido1 #13 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 January 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

Still don't think it is "unfair". It is a small amoutn of content that you receive and WG give a lot away for free. By most accounts I'd consider them pretty generous. I mean, the extra content doesn't look particularly game breaking to me:

-1 commander (probably the main thing, but then again WG just gave away 5 of these for free over x-mas)

-1 cosmetic

-Choice between some other stuff, but none of it huge or anything

Besides, what's wrong with people paying for things and hence getting a thing? As long as it doesn't give them an unfair advantage in-game I have no issue. We could argue about the P2W nature of the commander, but I think that boat has sailed. 

Those 5 comanders anione can take with or not with premium acount! This one onli with premium on amazon! And 6 more boxes will come with premium account and other stuf! Yeah it is unfair when you make this available onli for some!

Nishi_Kinuyo #14 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 January 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

Which might barely even matter depending on how Crew 2.0 gets implemented.

Also, just wait a few days, pick SirCircon for team clash, and have fun getting a cool community contributor was special commander.

Panzer1501 #15 Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22936 battles

They used to give tier 5 premiums such as the Churchill III and more recently the King Tiger rental but have since limited it to just cosmetics, boosters and rentals which is a lot better imo.

It's a nice collaboration if you have prime from using amazon already, but if you don't then I wouldn't say it was a missed opportunity as most of the items are very minor to the game and don't really effect battles at all.

The commander is not really pay to win as you can recieve a lot more of these by in-game means in roughly the same time frame as evidenced by Battle Pass, Christmas & Team Clash (all being free alternatives). 

Edited by mikonyaa, 27 January 2021 - 02:54 PM.

Mefido1 #16 Posted 27 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

View Postmikonyaa, on 27 January 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

They used to give tier 5 premiums such as the Churchill III and more recently the King Tiger rental but have since limited it to just cosmetics, boosters and rentals which is a lot better imo.

It's a nice collaboration if you have prime from using amazon already, but if you don't then I wouldn't say it was a missed opportunity as most of the items are very minor to the game and don't really effect battles at all.

The commander is not really pay to win as you can recieve a lot more of these by in-game means in roughly the same time frame as evidenced by Battle Pass, Christmas & Team Clash (all being free alternatives). 

And this can be just a test to see how it will go! Then they can move one with better stuf! Making players to pay premium on wot and amazon! Money money money! Miss the old wot! from 2010...... 

lord_chipmonk #17 Posted 27 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
It is only unfair IF the content received gives an advantage. Now, you could make that case (though I don't think you have done so OP), but in that case you will need to also take issue with much of the paid content in the game and a little twitch reward is the least of your concerns. 

mpf1959 #18 Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 43679 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
I find people's varying conceptions of "fairness" quite fascinating.

Mefido1 #19 Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4173 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 January 2021 - 03:46 PM, said:

It is only unfair IF the content received gives an advantage. Now, you could make that case (though I don't think you have done so OP), but in that case you will need to also take issue with much of the paid content in the game and a little twitch reward is the least of your concerns. 

Well yeah you ghet 1 crew with 3 skill! How many battle take to ghet 3 skills? or how much silver? hmmmm? And as we know those skills matter! But we will see what will happen with crew 2.0

lord_chipmonk #20 Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37438 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMefido1, on 27 January 2021 - 05:53 PM, said:

Well yeah you ghet 1 crew with 3 skill! How many battle take to ghet 3 skills? or how much silver? hmmmm? And as we know those skills matter! But we will see what will happen with crew 2.0

That's the main reason I said I think you could make the case. Thing is WG have been selling "better" crews since the Berlin trio came out some years ago, hence I said I think that ship has sailed (i.e. that isn't going to change now). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users