Top of the Tree: WZ-113G FT

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 05 February 2021 - 06:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Let’s shine a spotlight on the line of Chinese tank destroyers that leads from sneaky snipers to powerful brawlers.

The full text of the news item

edevjoe #2 Posted 05 February 2021 - 07:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7808 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
Good job Wargaming , the link to buy anything doesn't work .(maybe its a good thing lol). Tell your team to stop drinking vodka during work  :)

guest273 #3 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37997 battles
  • [LUCH] LUCH

Honest personal opinion:

I recently saw the video AwesomeEpicGuys made about why tier X isn't fun in WoT.

After playing a lot of the Team Clash mode (at least 20 battles per day) I've concluded that without special tanks allowed (No 279e, No T95 Chief, No 907) the mode is actually quite enjoyable.
It is however a bit busted that both of the FV215b's and the Foch count as special tanks too... The heavy tank FV is basically a SConq with it's turret on the back, it's a tank without any super extreme features.

There's quite a bit of derpiness in tier X matches:

• (standard rounds) having 250 AP penetration / 260 APCR penetration vs the 320-340 of HEAT (and almost no one is shooting gold ammo). In combination with the average armor in tier X it's quite the RNG ding fiesta. Can we just take a moment to see how big the disparity difference is..
  • Big tank tracks often absorb clean side shots for 0 damage and without tracking the opponent.
  • Clippers are busted if played well and if given opportunities.
  • Almost everything has an un-penetrable (with standard shells) turret.

But by far the biggest problem / toxic factor for me are all the tanks that shoot for 750+ alpha damage. Coupled with RNG they shoot for something like 600-1200 per shot (you can get an easy 1 shot into spontaneous fire combustion).
To balance these tanks they often: lack a turret (TD's) or are slow (E100) or have a weak cupola (E4) or have no drawbacks (60TP).
So what TD's often do to counteract this is sit at an elevated / bushed position million miles on the back (literally fap in a bush) and wait for the opponents team to make plays, so they can "punish" people who want the match to not be a draw for 800-1000 in a single shot + often crippling modules.

So, in short: never played it, but I can imagine the average gaming experience in this will be:

• Sit in a bush / redline / elevated position in the back and wait for 3 minutes to get an opportunity to make 1 shot.
  • Ruin someone's day by hitting them for half their HP.
  • Miss the shot and be insulted by your team / called afk.
  • Go close combat and get re-tracked over and over 5 times in a row by any normal heavy / medium / light tank player.

Seems like a great gaming experience. Not just for you but for your team and the enemies too.

Oh yeah, and also a great tank to bully T8's with! Yay! +/- 2 MM go go in 2021!

But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree and insult me for having an own opinion.

deorum #4 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43244 battles
  • [THRAX] THRAX
This is a tank with no purpose really, and the grind is aweful. Stock tier 8, is unplayable. 

Only for those that have nothing else left to grind and want to complete their collection makes sense to grind it. 

If i remember well, maybe the tier 7 (or it was tier 6) was very nice. Maybe i should buy that back

Duke_Harkonnen #5 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21635 battles

View Postguest273, on 05 February 2021 - 08:11 AM, said:

But by far the biggest problem / toxic factor for me are all the tanks that shoot for 750+ alpha damage. Coupled with RNG they shoot for something like 600-1200 per shot (you can get an easy 1 shot into spontaneous fire combustion).

In past WG increased HP for lower tiers to forgive tankers few mistakes in game and prolong the games a bit.

Apparently this is huge issue on tier X nowadays. Monster tanks can clip you, one shot you, ammo rack you and in 2 seconds from getting spotted you are in the garage.

its not unusual to get to garage after only 2(or 3) hits received. And that is quite crazy. 

O_o_Babbuino #6 Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47894 battles
  • [T1MMY] T1MMY

View Postguest273, on 05 February 2021 - 08:11 AM, said:

Honest personal opinion:

I recently saw the video AwesomeEpicGuys made about why tier X isn't fun in WoT.

After playing a lot of the Team Clash mode (at least 20 battles per day) I've concluded that without special tanks allowed (No 279e, No T95 Chief, No 907) the mode is actually quite enjoyable.
It is however a bit busted that both of the FV215b's and the Foch count as special tanks too... The heavy tank FV is basically a SConq with it's turret on the back, it's a tank without any super extreme features.

• (standard rounds) having 250 AP penetration / 260 APCR penetration vs the 320-340 of HEAT (and almost no one is shooting gold ammo). In combination with the average armor in tier X it's quite the RNG ding fiesta. Can we just take a moment to see how big the disparity difference is..
  • Big tank tracks often absorb clean side shots for 0 damage and without tracking the opponent.

To balance these tanks they often: lack a turret (TD's) or are slow (E100) or have a weak cupola (E4) or have no drawbacks (60TP).
So what TD's often do to counteract this is sit at an elevated / bushed position million miles on the back (literally fap in a bush) and wait for the opponents team to make plays, so they can "punish" people who want the match to not be a draw for 800-1000 in a single shot + often crippling modules.

So, in short: never played it, but I can imagine the average gaming experience in this will be:

• Sit in a bush / redline / elevated position in the back and wait for 3 minutes to get an opportunity to make 1 shot.
  • Go close combat and get re-tracked over and over 5 times in a row by any normal heavy / medium / light tank player.

Seems like a great gaming experience. Not just for you but for your team and the enemies too.

But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree and insult me for having an own opinion.

More drawbacks: not fully traversable turret, long reload time, perma-track (including 60TP..it has many draw backs)

FV4005

FochB > WTE 100

So this WZ TD is not so different from those already in the game

Unicorn_of_Steel #7 Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26419 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
For those who like playing turretless TD's and don't own the tier 8 premium WZ, i found the tiers 6 and 7 to be very pleasant to play. I can't really say they offer a lot more or different then the German Jg.Pz. IV or Jpanther though.

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 05 February 2021 - 09:18 AM.

djolltax #8 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23408 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View PostO_o_Babbuino, on 05 February 2021 - 08:00 AM, said:

(Guest comment above)

Honest personal opinion:

I recently saw the video AwesomeEpicGuys made about why tier X isn't fun in WoT.

But by far the biggest problem / toxic factor for me are all the tanks that shoot for 750+ alpha damageCoupled with RNG they shoot for something like 600-1200 per shot (you can get an easy 1 shot into spontaneous fire combustion).

So, in short: never played it, but I can imagine the average gaming experience in this will be:

More drawbacks: not fully traversable turret, long reload time, perma-track (including 60TP..it has many draw backs)

FV4005

FochB > WTE 100

So this WZ TD is not so different from those already in the game

totally respect this opinion, although the general consensus is "don't bother" going all the way up to TierX" The Tier X is only very slightly better than the Tier IX and with the Tier IX you get to see tier 7's and have a better MM with effectively the same TD. I realise thisdeosnt get you access into the Tier X game modes though, but there are probably better TD's for that anyway?

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 05 February 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

For those who like playing turretless TD's and don't own the tier 8 premium WZ, i found the tiers 6 and 7 to be very pleasant to play. I can't really say they offer a lot more or different then the German Jg.Pz. IV or Jpanther though.

Agreed :) The Tier 6 is super sneaky, the Tier 7 has great camo and a nasty surprising 122mm - you can get the camo rating really low with this thing and hide in some great locations. the Tier 8 has a really good top gun, but no armour to speak of, some occasional bounces, and lower camo.

As for Tier 4 and 5 - I think the Tier 4 (76) is agile and punchy, but I could never get the Tier 5 to work for me.

I do like these Chinese TD's though - so much I got the WZ120FT too that thing is a lot of fun!

Edited by djolltax, 05 February 2021 - 10:07 AM.

Zmago5000 #9 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22450 battles

equipment setup suggestions  for chinese TD tier 8, 9 and 10?

thanks

Simona2k #10 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5970 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
Not bad

Nailer #11 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30114 battles
  • [_PKB-] _PKB-

View Postedevjoe, on 05 February 2021 - 06:47 AM, said:

Good job Wargaming , the link to buy anything doesn't work .(maybe its a good thing lol). Tell your team to stop drinking vodka during work  :)

For me it works perfectly. Maybe if you click that log in button on top right you could see the offer.

deorum #12 Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43244 battles
  • [THRAX] THRAX

View PostZmago5000, on 05 February 2021 - 09:32 AM, said:

equipment setup suggestions  for chinese TD tier 8, 9 and 10?

thanks

Im not any great player in these tanks, but id go with IRM, vents, improved accuracy. 

RedJester #13 Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28027 battles

View Postdeorum, on 05 February 2021 - 07:24 AM, said:

This is a tank with no purpose really, and the grind is aweful. Stock tier 8, is unplayable. 

Only for those that have nothing else left to grind and want to complete their collection makes sense to grind it. 

If i remember well, maybe the tier 7 (or it was tier 6) was very nice. Maybe i should buy that back

I got as far as the tier 8, played it stock a few times and it was one of the most horrific experiences i've ever had in WoT. The fact you have to grind the next gun for 44k xp, and then to get the top gun another 66.5k xp is an absolute joke! The tank is just put there as an xp sink to frustrate and get people to blow 110k+ free xp on a horrific tank to get to tier nine.  

vuque #14 Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:43 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 19771 battles
  • [TAF-G] TAF-G

View Postdeorum, on 05 February 2021 - 08:24 AM, said:

If you buy it back, looking forward to hearing your current opinion on the tank.

Edited by vuque, 05 February 2021 - 11:43 AM.

djolltax #15 Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23408 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View Postdeorum, on 05 February 2021 - 10:08 AM, said:

Im not any great player in these tanks, but id go with IRM, vents, improved accuracy. 

I dont use IA on any of my chinese  TDs I havent redone my WZ111GFT tier 8 since eqpt 2.0 so it currently has Rammer/GLD/optics, but I think if I change it then I would go Rammer/IRM/Optics

Literally JUST had this game in it, first game in a while! RNGesus was on my side lol

Victory!
Battle: Mannerheim Line 
Vehicles: WZ-111-1G FT
Experience received: 2,086 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Bonds received: 30
Credits earned: 26,466
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Reaper, Radley-Walters's Medal, Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Class I"

The Tier 9 and X are just like the Russki TD's Obj 704 and Obj268 really, some people say a lesser version of them - so set up as you would for those . I dont have the Tier X and probably wont bother, but my Tier 9 is set up as Rammer/Vents/optics. I dont have the top gun yet but the dispersion on the 130mm is 0.33 and I get 19mm less pen (271mm)  than the top gun, but I get it 4.5 seconds faster...

Truntea #16 Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1509 battles

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 05 February 2021 - 09:15 AM, said:

Indeed, it is hell to play that line, at least till you hit T6, then it becomes somewhat pleasant to play... if you know how to play (in my opinion) an aggressive TD.

PEASOBOMBA #17 Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52464 battles
  • [C3C-P] C3C-P

VII is a keeper. The rest are instasell.  I Will keep the X for collecting reasons.  

A perfect line for a megamasochyst.

djolltax #18 Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23408 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View PostPEASOBOMBA, on 05 February 2021 - 11:15 AM, said:

VII is a keeper. The rest are instasell.  I Will keep the X for collecting reasons.  

A perfect line for a megamasochyst.

I kept the Tier 6 too - that 100mm every 6.6 seconds from the sneaky 131FT is good

SlyMeerkat #19 Posted 05 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24623 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF
I am resuming this grind starting at Tier 8 

Zamieszki #20 Posted 05 February 2021 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11230 battles

tiers 6 and 7 are good

tier 8 is chinese ferdinand (i.e. bad) and huge free exp sink