Sandbox 2021: Get Ready for New Tests!

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
In 2021, the Sandbox server will host a series of tests of important game mechanics. Follow the news and get ready to take part!

The full text of the news item

Miepie #2 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7987 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

hennyjr #3 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21350 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K

POPULAR

Block Quote

from WG website

• "Decreased damage from HE shells that hit the front of well-armored vehicles."

alarm bells already going to ring for me. the only way to fight some of the OP tanks in the game is going to be less effective regarding this sentence.

has to be tested out, but if this litterly happens it buffs all the well armored vehicles. and we all know which vehicles that are.

SlyHuntsman #4 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24211 battles
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_

It's 2021 and people still crying about arty which means the millionth change/rework to them as if its the biggest issue in the game and not:

• 15-0 / 0-15 meta games that are boring for all
  • Fast meta making slower tanks boring/useless to play a significant portion of the time
  • "Gold"/premium shells breaking balance on armoured (mostly older) tanks
  • The increase in toxicity over the last year. Since I started playing regularly in Dec 2019, the players I encounter are increasingly more toxic either in chat or actions (I've had half-dozen people push me out recently alone). I didn't notice this level even in the days of All Chat in game (EDIT: Ping spamming has been stopped finally after all the years [as if it was so hard...], but that' about it. People still using slurs etc. in chat as if they can't auto-ban someone for saying them)

Edited by SlyHuntsman, 05 February 2021 - 02:20 PM.

Ragnaguard #5 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61941 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostCommunity, on 05 February 2021 - 03:00 PM, said:

In 2021, the Sandbox server will host a series of tests of important game mechanics. Follow the news and get ready to take part!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/sandbox-2021/">The full text of the news item</a>

to do what ? never been heard like in the past ones? the ones which said no stun? not nerf lights? or anything else?

ur about to screw out... rework of HE shells? what about gold shells(these making armoured vehicles obsolete)?

another useless sandbox  that wont fix in the games true problems or players problems...  stop vodka in headquarters plz... spend ur drinking time in actually playing the game and fire entire balancing department... 10 years now and they cannot fix major problems....

how about OP premium tanks? 1st mess with crew and then rework what needs to be done? ahahhaha good luck in that........

hope this aint the game's sealing stone

Edited by Ragnaguard, 05 February 2021 - 02:29 PM.

ZDN #6 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34079 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

Already i like the changes! The crew we have some info and i must say it is a refresh to the game,now the old crew system is old and if you have 5 or 6 skills ,that is all you can get that works,but the new system is more diverse,and you can make your crew work how you like more,and use more in the game,active or pasive etc.The new crew is super welcomed.

The new HE rework makes sense for Super heavy and strong armored tanks that get hit and takes so much dmg,and i must say the tracer for arty direction and that he has fired is super ok,other games have this,so the arty is not so toxic in the end,and people will not get so mad that arty hits them from cover and they cant play the game.

Deadliest_Catch #7 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18738 battles
  • [_SV_] _SV_
Hope there will be some kind of rebalance then. For example KV-2, E 100 or 60TP. With obsolete penetration (KV-2 i think around 110 or 130? mm of prem ammo pen), and X tier derps with 16s reload vs hulldown Donqueror/T95. Same goes for HE mechanics hitting EBR wheels made of Stalinium (its non-pen even with trashbarn lvls of HE pen). Are the wheels "highly armored" or not really?

Also, what the hell is with thah non-sense with crew 2.0. literally no one has asked for that. the crew system is on of few things that actually work properly. for players with pimped out crew - there should be and option added for crew 2.0 in a form of new skills/perks and/or deleting some useless ones (armorer now whe we have reusable consumables). I can think of perks which decrease time in %/s for re-using consumables maybe ("Combat-ready" ) ? or reduce stun duration ("Shock therapy" ) or something.

Edited by Deadliest_Catch, 05 February 2021 - 02:33 PM.

Ragnaguard #8 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61941 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostSlyHuntsman, on 05 February 2021 - 03:18 PM, said:

It's 2021 and people still crying about arty which means the millionth change/rework to them as if its the biggest issue in the game and not:

• Fast meta making slower tanks boring/useless to play a significant portion of the time
  • The increase in toxicity over the last year. Since I started playing regularly in Dec 2019, the players I encounter are increasingly more toxic either in chat or actions (I've had half-dozen people push me out recently alone). I didn't notice this level even in the days of All Chat in game (EDIT: Ping spamming has been stopped finally after all the years [as if it was so hard...], but that' about it. People still using slurs etc. in chat as if they can't auto-ban someone for saying them)

frustration is the reason.... game is not fun for them.. nomatter the result , when u having fun ur not toxic .....

Alyae #9 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32692 battles
  • [GX] GX
Finally, I hope my chieftain turret becomes invincible against the HE firing animals  ;)

SlyHuntsman #10 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24211 battles
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_

View PostRagnaguard, on 05 February 2021 - 01:30 PM, said:

frustration is the reason.... game is not fun for them.. nomatter the result , when u having fun ur not toxic .....

That actually fits something I was saying the other day to someone, a lot of people feel like the game is against them, and that frustrates and angers people. One example is RNG, how often does the good RNG actually help you win, versus bad RNG makes you lose? I've had many more low rolls on what would be a crucial kill, or been high rolled 20% and died when I should have been able to trade fine. But there's more than one factor in it, not saying RNG is the only thing

Lord_Link #11 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28394 battles
  • [LUT18] LUT18

Going to be cautious with my expectations for this test for sure.

The last time you tried to rebalance HE it was an absolute mess, and frankly, it is hardly the most pressing issue with the game (I don't personally mind HE as it is now, but I realize some people do).

The artillery changes will probably backfire just like last time, where it looks good on paper, but ends up being more annoying than it was pre-change.

The only thing I look forward to with this is the crew rework, again, not because it is something I necessarily need or want, but if it ends up like the equipment rework which just adds more options for customization to fit your playstyle it's good in my book.

SlyHuntsman #12 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24211 battles
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_

Regarding actual changes though:

• HE changes could be good. It's reached a point where it is equal/worse than the issues with premium shells. It's like even if one tiny bit of weak armour is in blast range you get hit for a high amount of damage
  • Stun: Why reduce? I think I said before, reduce its effect. make it like 30% as effective as it is now, and stop people spamming heals and denying stun assist...
  • Tracers: Can we get these for campers too? No? It's fine as it is. I see enough counter-arty to see that
  • Arty lamp???? I mean, don't sit still in open when spotted? Arty RNG is a pot-luck anyway
    • RE ARTY AS A WHOLE: I really, really, REALLY, don't see the issue these days, sure some games I get focused etc. (but that's no different than when I get focused by any other tank, or a platoon) but in general I hardly see arty do that well on average to make these nerfs really that needed.
  • Crew 2.0: I'll need to try first hand before commenting more

Machiavelli_13 #13 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [GIMB] GIMB
I not seen any profitable changes to artillery less stun time yes but were is the increase damage and armour piercing shells for them the obj 261 has become obsolete in a defence situation old game play would work in favour of the tank. I thought Wargaming had the 3 shell option to return with higher damage HE with no stun lower splash higher stun less damage.

Dwigt #14 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2339 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRagnaguard, on 05 February 2021 - 02:24 PM, said:

to do what ? never been heard like in the past ones? the ones which said no stun? not nerf lights? or anything else?

ur about to screw out... rework of HE shells? what about gold shells? how about OP premium tanks? 1st mess with crew and then rework what needs to be done? ahahhaha good luck in that........

hope this aint the game's sealing stone

Like the last one? You mean when you didn't like the HE changes last year and we decided not to go with the planned changes?

Nerf lights? They were nerfed already. You feel they weren't nerfed enough? Maybe with the HE changes, thing will change a bit. Don't you think?

If, we decide to add those changes on the live server, we will then consider other mechanics. We can not change everything at once. One step at a time would help us get better results and help us find solutions and improvements to others aspects if needed.

View PostSlyHuntsman, on 05 February 2021 - 02:18 PM, said:

The issues you're describing are not something we can change but we can work on improving them (sometimes together)
Yes, a lot of players complain about HE/SPGs and we decided to start with them and then, once everyone (you and us) decide if we want to go through with those changes, we will look into other aspects of the game.

View Posthennyjr, on 05 February 2021 - 02:17 PM, said:

alarm bells already going to ring for me. the only way to fight some of the OP tanks in the game is going to be less effective regarding this sentence.

has to be tested out, but if this litterly happens it buffs all the well armored vehicles. and we all know which vehicles that are.

If that's the case, then this may be a first step to target specific tanks and other aspects like I said earlier.

Go on the sandbox, test the changes and I'm sure that you will like what's coming.

View PostMiepie, on 05 February 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

I must say, that trailer was a bit dramatic and emotional, am I the only one?

Max_Calibre #15 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23667 battles
  • [GTCHA] GTCHA

Revamped Crew 2.0

This alone all by itself will destroy all of wargame hard work over the years to improve WOT

just so guaranteed to lose 50% or far more of the regular players that are now playing on the EU servers

why?

it has taken me 7 long, long years to get  most of my crews onto 4 skills some 5 skills from Commanders to Loaders

costs me a S--t load of XP and Gold not to mention 7 years of playing hard and skillful as possible to get them where they now are

~ not including all the Reward Girls with x2 free perks from the Campaigns which are like Gold dust and involve months and months and more months of frustrating missions (now for what?

Crew skills are as Important as the Vehicles in the game (some may say more so) but has probably has cost me so much more than paying for a new Premium Tank, or many Premium Tanks

so if Wargame f--- this up

which would be incredible stupid of them (surely not?

then  :(  goodbye as what is THE point 

Simona2k #16 Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5970 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
very nice

Zamieszki #17 Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11230 battles

a survey after 5 games?

ok, so crew rework will be cancelled, mark my words.

Geno1isme #18 Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 51040 battles

View PostZamieszki, on 05 February 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

a survey after 5 games?

ok, so crew rework will be cancelled, mark my words.

Just because people may fill out a survey doesn't mean anybody will actually read them ...

Maki711 #19 Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27952 battles
A disastrous game changes and bunch of PR talk from the Staff... Completely out of reality like almost every patch or suggested change...
I really cannot remember when there was a patch where i would praise WG... The only good thing that happened in last few years is the reduction of minimap spam...

ZIRA_KLAS #20 Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9714 battles
  • [R_O_L] R_O_L

Finally HE nerf, I hate playing in my Maus and then they spam dat HE causing like 300-600 dmg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users