MM if you are in Platoon , takes too long.

mm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

deorum #1 Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43736 battles
  • [THRAX] THRAX
Anyone else noticed the same lately?
We are having trouble with my clan mates starting a game. Server is pretty full (there were 35K online on our server, and 1200 ppl waiting to get in battle), platoon of 3 tier 10s, and we waited more than 3-4 minutes to get in battle.

Just 30minutes earlier we were insta-getting in battle.

Not the first time it happened lately.  

Balc0ra #2 Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 82876 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Don't matter how many are playing there and then, as not all those 35K are on your tier or in platoons. If your tier is underpopulated, or you have a tank class your platoon that overpopulated on your tier. It might take longer. Like if you have a pure light platoon, and there are not enough lights to make get 3 lights on the enemy team instantly of the same tier, etc. Then it might be more tricky to get more top tier matches going etc and you have to wait a bit longer. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 February 2021 - 01:36 AM.

deorum #3 Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43736 battles
  • [THRAX] THRAX

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 February 2021 - 12:35 AM, said:

Don't matter how many are playing there and then, as not all those 35K are on your tier or in platoons. If your tier is underpopulated, or you have a tank class your platoon that overpopulated on your tier. It might take longer. Like if you have a pure light platoon, and there are not enough lights to make get 3 lights on the enemy team instantly of the same tier, etc. Then it might be more tricky to get more top tier matches going etc and you have to wait a bit longer. 

We tried sever combinations, of tier 10 tanks, like 3 heavies, or 2 mediums and 1 heavy etc.

There were 1200 ppl in queue to get in battle as i said, this seems more than enough in my opinion, and tier 10s are very popular.

In the past the only times we waited 3minutes to get in battle if it was in 4 o clock in the morning with only 3-4K people online. 

Discontinued #4 Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3726 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

For me I'd happily wait longer in exchange for the terrible matchmaking so much so so of my Padawan no longer want to play in toons anymore, Regardless of their massive noobyness i do think its a bit sad and WG really need to look at toon mm, as us average players feel punished for playing with our friends :(

Edited by Discontinued, 06 February 2021 - 02:33 AM.

deorum #5 Posted 06 February 2021 - 09:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43736 battles
  • [THRAX] THRAX

View PostDiscontinued, on 06 February 2021 - 01:32 AM, said:

For me I'd happily wait longer in exchange for the terrible matchmaking so much so so of my Padawan no longer want to play in toons anymore, Regardless of their massive noobyness i do think its a bit sad and WG really need to look at toon mm, as us average players feel punished for playing with our friends :(

I simply believe something was silently changed. We never had such big problems in the past. 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 82876 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postdeorum, on 06 February 2021 - 09:26 AM, said:

I simply believe something was silently changed. We never had such big problems in the past. 

The difference now vs the past is simply that there is a Team Clash mode on, most tier X's are there, and they take most of the tier X medium players tbh. And how many of those 1200 in wait are in a platoon to even out any potential +2 or +1 game etc? As we don't know, we won't know either why it takes longer at times. As again, overpopulation in a tier can cause the same issues as underpopulation in a tier, even more so when a few of those stand out like a platoon. 

deorum #7 Posted 07 February 2021 - 02:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43736 battles
  • [THRAX] THRAX
We were in the server that had the team clash, then changed to the server without.
The server with the team clash was like 55K people online, the server without was like 35K online.

Anyway, it seems it was more or less my idea or just a random fluctuation, i thought i'd ask. Thank you for your answers

Also tagged with mm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users