Tier 7 Heavy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Steeleye_Spam #1 Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45704 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just starting out with this one. A rather odd looking tank, but first impressions are very favourable - mostly due to the DPM on the first gun. I've upgraded everything else first, as the turret and engine are much lighter, and the tracks are needed because the stock suspension is awful.

So my first question is, do I bother to upgrade the gun? Granted I haven't been up against T9 heavies yet, but I was thinking it might be worth just loading more gold and keeping the stock gun with its much better DPM, accuracy and aim time. Others experiences?

Venatacia #2 Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44608 battles
  • [ETAF] ETAF
I must be playing some totally different tank. I've been top tier in mine and all I can think is it's awful - "a skip to pass tank". It's ruddy awful, crawls along like a snail. Doesn't seem to pen much. Every hit on me has penned and crippled me. Long aim time. I can't think of one good thing to say about this tank apart from "I can't wait to get rid of it". Years ago every line seemed to have one or two fun tanks before higher tier but now, it's an horrid grind to get to that high tier good one if there is even one these days.

ZeroKelvin #3 Posted 04 June 2021 - 10:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45490 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

If you run full gold, food and directive I only get slightly worse stats than on my IS-2S and IS-2M

it could really use better gunhandling, which cuts down it's real DPM hard

Snaques #4 Posted 15 June 2021 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43596 battles

View PostVenatacia, on 28 May 2021 - 08:43 PM, said:

I must be playing some totally different tank. I've been top tier in mine and all I can think is it's awful - "a skip to pass tank". It's ruddy awful, crawls along like a snail. Doesn't seem to pen much. Every hit on me has penned and crippled me. Long aim time. I can't think of one good thing to say about this tank apart from "I can't wait to get rid of it". Years ago every line seemed to have one or two fun tanks before higher tier but now, it's an horrid grind to get to that high tier good one if there is even one these days.

I guess it's the great penetration combined with pretty good gun depression and armor angles that make it really good imho. It's also pretty small, which is actually one of the more underrated aspects of tanks as we learned with ELC EVEN 90.

One of the best performing tier 7 HTs for me. I mean T29 is still a class of its own, but other than that there are none that are clearly better. For example Carro is miles ahead of tanks like Black Prince, O-Ni, AMX 45, KV-3 and IS in my books.

10:31 Added after 1 minute

View PostZeroKelvin, on 04 June 2021 - 10:36 PM, said:

If you run full gold, food and directive I only get slightly worse stats than on my IS-2S and IS-2M

Why would you run full gold on a tank that has AP pen as one of its strengths?

Edited by Snaques, 15 June 2021 - 11:32 AM.

Lanrefni #5 Posted 20 June 2021 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46915 battles

am not sure how I did so well in this tank.

it's not that bad, the gun just trolls sometimes, but the worst thing is the mobility... god is it awful... when compared to things like IS.

ZeroKelvin #6 Posted 07 August 2021 - 01:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45490 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

View PostSnaques, on 15 June 2021 - 10:29 AM, said:

I guess it's the great penetration combined with pretty good gun depression and armor angles that make it really good imho. It's also pretty small, which is actually one of the more underrated aspects of tanks as we learned with ELC EVEN 90.

One of the best performing tier 7 HTs for me. I mean T29 is still a class of its own, but other than that there are none that are clearly better. For example Carro is miles ahead of tanks like Black Prince, O-Ni, AMX 45, KV-3 and IS in my books.

10:31 Added after 1 minute

Why would you run full gold on a tank that has AP pen as one of its strengths?

For the DPM with stock gun, I finally aced it and sold it right away.

Also tagged with Tier 7 Heavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users