Guido's Progetto C50 mod. 66 Review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Guido1212_Actual #1 Posted 17 February 2021 - 03:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1566 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Here's my take on the new Italian tier 9 heavy.

It's probably the best of the bunch.  Based on the XP requirements for mastery's it's being used to great effect out there.  As with all the autoloaders and auto re-loaders, it's a tank with a high skill ceiling but needs to be played with care as getting caught out is al too easy, as is over extending while believing the good burst potential will bail you out.

As requested there are time stamps in the description to jump to the parts you are interested in.  

I made a mistake on the hull side armor and said it was 105mm but that's the side of the turret.  Side hull armor is 70.

Cheers,

Guido

catalinike #2 Posted 17 February 2021 - 04:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 46629 battles
  • [-NLG] -NLG

ussless tank

as the line itself to tier 10 is 

Guido1212_Actual #3 Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1566 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postcatalinike, on 17 February 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

ussless tank

as the line itself to tier 10 is 

Useless in what context?  Useless in pubs, or in competitive?  I'm genuinely curious what your angle is on calling them useless?

catalinike #4 Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 46629 battles
  • [-NLG] -NLG

View PostGuido1212_Actual, on 17 February 2021 - 04:55 PM, said:

Useless in what context?  Useless in pubs, or in competitive?  I'm genuinely curious what your angle is on calling them useless?

in every context

basicly 

bad heavy

super bad medium

super bad autoloader

super bad gun penetration

low alpha damage per shot

armour not existent against heat

bad progression sistem

basicly everything

Jimmymack #5 Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12121 battles
  • [B0S24] B0S24
Every tank that hits the front armour will perce it heat or not, their is very little deflection from front armour. every hit the tracks fall of. diver and shell loader  always being taken out. its a depressing tank, to tell people hide behind other havies to play it is an insult. 

t1esla #6 Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47618 battles

It isn't the best but when played correctly, it performs well and the top gun (T10) is satisfying to hit with. You can't just shoot everything that pops up on the screen but have to actually manage your shots so you are ready if craphits the fan. I like it so far. 

And no, it is not standard B which is probably better and more fun :P

Code4822 #7 Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10530 battles
Well, having slightly over 160battles under the belt I must admit it's a difficult machine to play. Doesn't fit any typical role of a HT. More of a vulture to be honest. Tried every possible config of equipment/tactics and so far I can't exceed 7 shots in a single battle (5 is my typical average).
Very disappointing so far.

Edited by Code4822, 24 March 2021 - 09:02 PM.

Heavyfoot #8 Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24130 battles

My impression of the tank is that it's OK. Workable but not much more.

The grace time when reloading is what makes this tank so special and hard to judge based on the DPM. The DPM varies with how long you are holding the shots.

But it's not really that difficult. Never fire the last shot in the clip unless you are about to die or you can finish a enemy tank. Use it as a one shot tank and only fire two or more if you can reload the next 25 sec. in cover.

Hull armour is not that good so I would hide it as much as possible. Turret can pull of bounces so hull down can work well.

To me this is not a tank leading the charge, it's more an support tank and opportunistic fighter.

t1esla #9 Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47618 battles

View PostHeavyfoot, on 24 March 2021 - 08:19 AM, said:

My impression of the tank is that it's OK. Workable but not much more.

The grace time when reloading is what makes this tank so special and hard to judge based on the DPM. The DPM varies with how long you are holding the shots.

But it's not really that difficult. Never fire the last shot in the clip unless you are about to die or you can finish a enemy tank. Use it as a one shot tank and only fire two or more if you can reload the next 25 sec. in cover.

Hull armour is not that good so I would hide it as much as possible. Turret can pull of bounces so hull down can work well.

To me this is not a tank leading the charge, it's more an support tank and opportunistic fighter.

Yep, best used as a support heavy/medium than a front line heavy. I got the Rino a while back and funny enough, I actually enjoy playing it. It took me a few games to get used to it though.

Kothaar #10 Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 68586 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
Hi, revisited this game after several months. Discovered there is a new Italian heavy line. Read about it, found out that tanks are not very competetive or interesting. So used free exp and blueprints to go through everything else except had to play the tier 9 for about 70 000 exp.

My impression: mediocre, but easy. There seemed to be two ways to play the tank: either as a very inaccurate sniper or a moderately effective close range fighter in a swarm (never take it alone to close range fight, opponents will simply wait till your ammo clip is empty and jump you). Long range sniping kept the tank alive longer and produced more damage to opponents. So playing this was about driving to the same spot you took every time for the last ten years and waiting for someone to drive to view so you can shoot them. Boring.

Tank was just another weird mix between camo, firepower, mobility and so on. Designers try to invent a different mix for every new tank, and since the obvious mixes are already used up, we keep getting strange tanks, this time one that has massive camo but a gun which wont hit a barns door from 10 meters.

It is not historical, not very good, not especially fun, and I have more tanks in carage I would ever have time to play, so there is no other motivation to play it except to complete yet another line of tanks. I was not very motivated any more.

This was the last tank line I bothered to finish in this game.

Edited by Kothaar, 12 April 2021 - 09:07 AM.

Fansadox #11 Posted 12 July 2021 - 09:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19617 battles

The tank is good in 1 thing and thats looks. No armor, bad reload, bad accuracy, slow, no dmg, easily penned from all sides et cetera et cetera.

Its garbage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users