Sandbox 2021: Try Out Crew 2.0! - **Updated - Read Original Post**

• Please log in to reply
1316 replies to this topic

CoreX_CZ #301 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8004 battles
  • [BBB2] BBB2

Any change that instructors, which are stupid thing to being with, will ever be free of nation restriction? It's enough commanders are limited that way, but instructors, that's some serious way to screw over with people who got these.

Chuck would break your whole company, honestly, this is disgraceful toward his whole famous joke reputation of doing impossible.

Edited by CoreX_CZ, 23 February 2021 - 05:59 PM.

Rhope #302 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32344 battles
  • [S-GFL] S-GFL

This is probably the most "dumbing down" of the PC version move that WG have pulled. And not for lack of trying before.

Nobody wants it, and for the people who like it, apparently this is how the console version behaves today.

A really sad day to hear that it will get force feed to the PC population, and for what, to limit skills and potentially sell more of those 'directives' garbage consumables.

:sceptic:

Fozzy50 #303 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57031 battles
  • [_DNA_] _DNA_

View PostSlyHuntsman, on 23 February 2021 - 12:51 PM, said:

I hate it I hate it I hate it. WHAT THE EVERLIVING CRAP? These stupid "talents" are honestly the most insanely stupid decision I've ever seen made for this game. This isn't DOTA or League or any other game, these new "talents" DO NOT BELONG IN TANKS! Faster reload when using a repair kit? Improved vehicle handling if you deal/spot enough damage in a game? This rubbish will increase the rate of 15-0 games and make game LESS FUN for the majority of players. 

They should add some other skills like : "Magically prevent an enemy from firing his gun for 5 sec, but you have less frontal armor for 10 sec".
Or even better : "Magically slow down an enemy tank for 10 sec, but your tank is frozen for 5 sec"...
This game is becoming "Magical World of Tanks"... :facepalm:

HeatResistantBFG #304 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:05 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1420 battles

View PostFozzy50, on 23 February 2021 - 04:52 PM, said:

Nope. This does not improve gun accuracy... :facepalm:    Only gun handling...

I think you are misunderstanding how crew skills work, the latter ones I listed all directly change the crew skill. The same as currently having food, vents or BIA. If you go to your garage and apply any of these and look at your accuracy you will see that it improves as you improve your crew skill... That doesn't change.

In terms of the other ones I noted, they all improve your effective accuracy the same way that the similar perks/equipment do now. So I think you'll find that more so than before, you can improve the accuracy of the gun... Currently, skill-wise it's only BIA which adds 5%, now Cohesion adds 5%, Fighting/Team Spirit adds up to 7.5%, Group Tactics can add 2.5%, Close Combat can add another 2.5%... so now skill wise rather than 5% you can get a max of 22.5% which is significantly more than before... But that will have to be under ideal conditions.

StahanoW #305 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29292 battles
  • [HRG] HRG

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 23 February 2021 - 05:45 PM, said:

Smooth ride, Smooth Turret Traverse, Need for Speed, Rapid Fire, Cohesion (as it buffs the crew skills which improves accuracy), Fighting Spirit/Team Spirit (buffs crew skills which improves accuracy), Close combat (buffs crew skills which improves accuracy), Group Tactics (buffs crew skills which improves accuracy)

From a quick scan these all effect gun accuracy. :) Hope this helps!

Need For Speed - only useful while you are racing above 40km/h - situational
Close Combat - enemy within 50 meters - situational
Group Tactics - you own teammate within 50 meters - situational
Coherence - okay
Fighting Spirit/Team Spirit - welp... these are kinda weird skills to be honest, you can ramp up only with kills/spot dmg. This means if you are kinda good player in the battle, you receiving extra % to your vehicle handling, so basically your tank become better during the battle ... at least you can't have both.

To be very honest with you, I just can't understand why on Earth the situational skills are good ideas. These adds just extra RNG to the game, because you just can't predict the extra vehicle handling % of the enemy tanks. If someone grinded the living hell out from a crew, he will get +20% from the start, some situational stuff kicks in in the battle... you can activate with the food, vents, weird skills and rank bonus (the maximum value)... around 50% extra? This is INSANE.

PS: If someone didn't understand whats this "Vehicle Handling" % stuff - basically its almost the same like having  extra % on the crew over 100% right now, or something like that.

Edited by TsundereWaffle, 23 February 2021 - 06:44 PM.
Removed use of red color

mgns #306 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47993 battles
So instructors not only get nation locked, they roll for which three skills they can buff? If I want concealment I have to roll until I get it, just pray for RNG. You've literally turned them into lootboxes...

Sidiax #307 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Is this for real ? I welcome any changes to the game but this just seems ridiculous. There's so much micromanagement and unneeded new mechanics it's hilarious.

Dwigt #308 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2322 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGravewaIker, on 23 February 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

Exactly my feelings. I honestly think that there is no way to compensate the effort someone put in their crews in the old system using the new system.
They should at least set up a limited time period where you can: - convert to the new system for free. - exchange unneeded crews for crew books.

I also believe that Crew 2.0 can not be stopped by the players - this has already been decided for us. I´ll still play, but I won´t buy anything ingame (not even with gold I already own, much less with real money) because I´m sure everything will be changed/nerfed in a few weeks. And it will serve me as a lesson to not get invested in wot any more, just not worth it.

Your effort is not wasted in any way. You will still be keeping the XP and your investment on your new crews. You will still have the advantage 

The conversion IS free :) unneeded crews in your barracks will be converted to crew books. 

Please watch the video, read the article and watch the live Q&A and you will find the answers.

If it was already decided then we wouldn't waste our time in doing those sandbox servers, have those conversations with you! Please go on the sandbox, test the changes and fill the survey because you can have a say in that :)

View Postpihip, on 23 February 2021 - 05:30 PM, said:

Well I'm glad I have 40 tanks in my garage, of which at least 10 are pointless low tier gift tanks with no crew.

So even if I have to manually convert each crew and splurge gold to get the most out of the system (which I'm sure will definitely happen) at least the blow won't be too hard.

But what about all those players with lots of tanks and lots of crews?

Also, disappointed that "zero" skills will be erased and amount to nothing in the conversion, as well as all "special" crews (Santa girls, unique commanders) being demoted to boosters/"instructors". Whoever spends more during holidays and Twitch Prime events will get the best benefit.

... but who am I kidding, this IS a freemium game after all, I should not be surprised at all.

The Instructor conversion is not in any way a demotion! On the contrary, instructors will give you extra skills. After all it's an instructor helping the crew and passing their knowledge :)

Zero skills crew members will be converted to instructors.

View PostUnicums_4_Dinner, on 23 February 2021 - 05:55 PM, said:

Tell me how i going to do this with 500 tanks in garage and 400 more crew in baracks? en going to lose my baracks to free retraining books. OMG.

Crew members in your barracks will be turned into training books so you can use it on main crews.

It will take time to retrain all your crews and assign them to your tanks but keep in mind that now 1 crew can be assigned to 3 tanks and all premiums from the same class and nation.

View PostCoreX_CZ, on 23 February 2021 - 05:57 PM, said:

Any change that instructors, which are stupid thing to being with, will ever be free of nation restriction? It's enough commanders are limited that way, but instructors, that's some serious way to screw over with people who got these.

No, in the current system crews are bound to their nation. 

Instructors are assigned to your crew, not the tank and they will have to unlocked.

exori #309 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48174 battles
  • [CT] CT

if crew 2.0 hits the live server im out.

i have been working since beta to get my crews up to this state and now you are limiting me to 75 skill points, basically less than half that i have at my crews atm. lol, that fn insane.

wow, just wow.

who event came up with this  incredible bad idea to rework crew skills.

lol.

insane.

Edited by exori, 23 February 2021 - 06:14 PM.

Badz360 #310 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30670 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Fairly convoluted way to add in yet another Silver/Gold drain into the game.

HeatResistantBFG #311 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:17 PM

• WG Staff
  • 1420 battles

View PostStahanoW, on 23 February 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

Need For Speed - only useful while you are racing above 40km/h - situational
Close Combat - enemy within 50 meters - situational
Group Tactics - you own teammate within 50 meters - situational
Coherence - okay
Fighting Spirit/Team Spirit - welp... these are kinda weird skills to be honest, you can ramp up only with kills/spot dmg. This means if you are kinda good player in the battle, you receiving extra % to your vehicle handling, so basically your tank become better during the battle ... at least you can't have both.

To be very honest with you, I just can't understand why on Earth the situational skills are good ideas. These adds just extra RNG to the game, because you just can't predict the extra vehicle handling % of the enemy tanks. If someone grinded the living hell out from a crew, he will get +20% from the start, some situational stuff kicks in in the battle... you can activate with the food, vents, weird skills and rank bonus (the maximum value)... around 50% extra? This is INSANE.

PS: If someone didn't understand whats this "Vehicle Handling" % stuff - basically its almost the same like having  extra % on the crew over 100% right now, or something like that.

That's fair :) 

I have played a number of games where these situational perks are a thing and I quite like it. IMO it allows you to create interesting builds that allow a style of play better to fit you. For example, if you like playing your medium a bit more like a brawler because you have a higher alpha low accuracy gun (thinking T-34-3) then you can now add situational perks to make it so when brawling you are more accurate and better DPM. And if you look at my other reply where I break down the % crew boost you can get now it's quite large, so the difference could be huge.

We listen to all the feedback and if you try it out and don't like it, make sure you tell us and leave your feedback. I personally think you can do more cool/personalised builds, but that will be shown by how the tests go :)

Fozzy50 #312 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57031 battles
  • [_DNA_] _DNA_

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 23 February 2021 - 06:05 PM, said:

I think you are misunderstanding how crew skills work, the latter ones I listed all directly change the crew skill. The same as currently having food, vents or BIA. If you go to your garage and apply any of these and look at your accuracy you will see that it improves as you improve your crew skill... That doesn't change.

Those skills improve Vehicule handling. That does not sounds like Crew Major Qualification. This needs some explanations...

Banelord #313 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Veteran
  • 37325 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC

So my first look at the Skills. Some might have translating issues. (Adrenalin rush & fighting spirit)

Spoiler

mpf1959 #314 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 43527 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Help me I am a simple soul, how do I get the previous crew back in my premiums?

When I click to return it I am informed I cannot, as reservists played in the last battle.

All I can do is select it and retrain it, which a, defeats the object of the prem tank, and b, there is also a warning sign (in the process) to the effect that I am recommended not to retrain a crew to a premium, so what do I do? 

Possauttelija #315 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18596 battles
  • [KNI] KNI

Soooo....what happens to my Leopard with crew of Santa and three of snow maidens? All with 4 perks? Or my Conqueror GC with ALL female crew (4 perks)? Or Type 4 heavy's snow maiden commander with 5 perks? :ohmy:

edit: Please tell me nothing happens to my Bishop and M44, both with 5+ perks :arta:

Edited by Possauttelija, 23 February 2021 - 06:26 PM.

bluegec #316 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 76841 battles
  • [DASH] DASH

View Postmpf1959, on 23 February 2021 - 05:17 PM, said:

When I click to return it I am informed I cannot, as reservists played in the last battle.

All I can do is select it and retrain it, which a, defeats the object of the prem tank, and b, there is also a warning sign (in the process) to the effect that I am recommended not to retrain a crew to a premium, so what do I do? 

I have a Prog 65 T10  and the Prog 46 T8. I have retrained the crew on the 65  to one commander. On the Prog 46 I can then select that commander as commander for the tT8.  The question you have to answer is " where is the crew that you normally use in that premium tank- whatever nation? "When you find it, retrain it and then you can select it for the premium

Sturmi_0545 #317 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45600 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

what you forgot to mention: instructors are stuck with the tanks (up to 3) they have been assigned to, "dismissing" them will cost a 7d waiting period or 200 gold. also, the nation you choose for them seems to be permanent!

so be careful. don't be like me, don't make your Chuck Norris a chinese instructing a "chinamedium" (armoured slur?).

bluegec #318 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 76841 battles
  • [DASH] DASH

View PostPossauttelija, on 23 February 2021 - 05:23 PM, said:

Soooo....what happens to my Leopard with crew of Santa and three of snow maidens? All with 4 perks? Or my Conqueror GC with ALL female crew (4 perks)? Or Type 4 heavy's snow maiden commander with 5 perks? :ohmy:

edit: Please tell me nothing happens to my Bishop and M44, both with 5+ perks :arta:

You retrain them to a new commander and the snow maidens become instructors * I think*

HeatResistantBFG #319 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:29 PM

• WG Staff
  • 1420 battles

View PostFozzy50, on 23 February 2021 - 05:17 PM, said:

Those skills improve Vehicule handling. That does not sounds like Crew Major Qualification. This needs some explanations...

Vehicle Handling is the name given to what is currently called crew skill, this could be explained better and it is feedback we will be providing. But i can assure you that "+5% Vehicle Handling" is the same as "+5% Crew Skill" currently :) Hope that clears the confusion!

View Postmpf1959, on 23 February 2021 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's likely you will have to manually put the crew in and play a battle before the "Recall to tank" feature will work, with the crew now being viewed as a new crew.

View PostPossauttelija, on 23 February 2021 - 05:23 PM, said:

All of your special crew members will become instructors, so you won't lose them if that is of concern! :)

The XP earnt on them (not including the 0 point perks) will be taken, averaged over the crew members and used to create a new crew with that amount of XP applied

Blazeof #320 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20617 battles
  • [THEMM] THEMM

View PostMaki711, on 23 February 2021 - 04:02 PM, said:

Spotted the first problem already:

But the webpage says i should get 49:

There's at least 8 skills on your original crew.  The conversion, as you say, should give you 49 points.  So if you round it up to 50 for a small crew book, thats a choice of 5 skills plus 6th sense.  So you've lost 2 skills.  Am I missing something here or is WG not doing this right?

Edited by Blazeof, 23 February 2021 - 06:30 PM.

111 user(s) are reading this topic

25 members, 84 guests, 2 anonymous users

HowlinWulf, trololooooooo, Ares9021, DoomHerald, YourBestFriend_2016, Zbigniew_Jaremek, FoxAlpha205, Sir_Mutant_SK, Xaltu, HoLySouLs, mgns, Commander_Kakapo, _Syd_, tnxForBattleBro