1316 replies to this topic

Ciki_el_Tigre #321 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 72936 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

View PostDeadliest_Catch, on 23 February 2021 - 02:38 PM, said:

And now when im thinking about this... 

wouldnt it be easier to rework crew in a way, that WG would add new skills and perks and also reduce XP requirements for each skill/perk like the new XP curve shows in the video?

I mean.. why change the whole system adding pointless "talents" and "instructors" when we can simply add these new skills to existing system, remove some useless ones and lower the XP values for 4th and next skills and we have basically the same results but without complicating things.

Also most of the players have certain crew for certain vehicles, they wont need to use 1 commander for 3 vehicles when there is XP loss if not paid in gold.

YES !!!

That could be SIMPLE and PERFECT solution, but NOT FOR WG. They like complications and force them, Patch after Patch.

Dwigt said that we, forums people, are MINORITY and we are not important for WG "developers" and WG staff at all.

They simply punish old players and it is their gratitude for years of supporting this game... With TIME and REAL MONEY. 

So, our writing and feedbacks is NOT important for them. Things about MORONIC Patch Crew 2.0 is FINAL, no matter how complicated and funny it is!

StahanoW #322 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29292 battles
  • [HRG] HRG

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 23 February 2021 - 06:17 PM, said:

That's fair :) 

I have played a number of games where these situational perks are a thing and I quite like it. IMO it allows you to create interesting builds that allow a style of play better to fit you. For example, if you like playing your medium a bit more like a brawler because you have a higher alpha low accuracy gun (thinking T-34-3) then you can now add situational perks to make it so when brawling you are more accurate and better DPM. And if you look at my other reply where I break down the % crew boost you can get now it's quite large, so the difference could be huge.

We listen to all the feedback and if you try it out and don't like it, make sure you tell us and leave your feedback. I personally think you can do more cool/personalised builds, but that will be shown by how the tests go :)

I can understand your viewpoint, but for the sake of diversity we are sacrificing predictability. The difference between the same tank can be huge now if the crew is different. This means - the difference between a veteran player (who is a pretty good player) with a good crew and a beginner "noob" player with a very beginner crew will be brutal. Eqipment 2.0 was a success after all, because it doesn't destroyed the game, added diversity, while kept the predictability. I can't say the same about this Crew 2.0 approach.

I also want to point out we are going to lose the extra 10-11% what the commander added to the rest of the crew when its reached 100%. This is a general nerf to all the tanks in the game, even premiums/reward/special tanks are affected. How does WG want to compensate that? With a fresh 0 leveled crew, this is not possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I can't find a single article or post connected with this finding.

Not to mention its a way more complex system than the previous crew system - which is not a problem, only for the beginners.

I'm going to play some games on the Sandbox server, just because of you! :):D I changed my mind to at least adding a chance how does this whole thing looks in action.

Edited by StahanoW, 23 February 2021 - 06:31 PM.

Possauttelija #323 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18596 battles
  • [KNI] KNI

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 23 February 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

.....The XP earnt on them (not including the 0 point perks) will be taken, averaged over the crew members and used to create a new crew with that amount of XP applied

Thank you for explaining. Oh well, that's a relief. But ain't this a bit of misogynistic? Chicks can't drive tanks? :confused:

SargeFIN #324 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30522 battles
  • [METAL] METAL
So now that 6th sense comes for everyone as a standard skill will you change it to be as OP as the ones the mod packs offer? Meaning that you can see the seconds you are spotted and if you remain spotted even after timer goes zero that the lamp still stays lit until you get totally unspotted.

Puszka_Drynia #325 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21949 battles
  • [7-A-D] 7-A-D

Tanks with best armor? Russia

Tanks with worst dispersion values? Russia

What does WG do?

Creates a skill which reduces your dispersion every time a shell bounces off your armor.

the amount of cretinous rubbish WG comes up with to make those bruised Russian egos feel better...

Xandania #326 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46075 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGorzki, on 23 February 2021 - 03:46 PM, said:

Or I can take leftover tankers, drop their perks for free, assign perks drop them so their 3 perks will change into 99% of 1st perk and they will be changed into training b

So I have to lose most of my experience on the old tankers (1 perk is is only 15% experience of 3 perks) or create useless commanders that will sit in the barracks (effectively lose all of their experience).

Admittedly I don't get that train of thought - You can save a crewman (usually loader or radio operator) by converting from a different tank - yes. Then you still got a leftover crewman that has to be retrained to slightly boost another tank.

I'm sure we'll get a minmaxing guide very soon xD

View Postmpf1959, on 23 February 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

I go to my KV5, there is no crew, so instead of it returning automatically as it has for years, or just clicking  return crew, it seems to want me to recruit a whole new crew for the tank, in what way is this an improvement for me?

All of my premiums are the same, no crew, and a ballache to get one back into them. :angry:

Who can read is well informed. They put it up on the site, in the vid and possibly the info screen legging onto sandbox as well...

View PostLordStarfire, on 23 February 2021 - 03:59 PM, said:

My female gift crew-members from the Campaigns are missing

The crew members from the Long awaited backup campaign,...etc are gone and not represented as Instructors.

I guess that they have been demoted to skillpoints?

Special Zero skill crews from special tanks have not been made into instructors and Poland will miss Instructors

Examples: Tiger 131, Cromwell B, T34-Rudy (USSR/Poland, KV-2®, ISU-122S, Bourrasque, CS-52 Lis (Poland).

This is also a NoGo in my view.

Twitch Prime Membership will become even more important with Crew 2.0

Since the only way of getting a regular supply of

Female crewmembers are currently represented as placeholders.

Regular free skill/perk crewmen as well

Probably true

View PostCoreX_CZ, on 23 February 2021 - 04:57 PM, said:

Any change that instructors, which are stupid thing to being with, will ever be free of nation restriction? It's enough commanders are limited that way, but instructors, that's some serious way to screw over with people who got these.

Chuck would break your whole company, honestly, this is disgraceful toward his whole famous joke reputation of doing impossible.

I agree. There would be several option to improve usage of this scarce resource.

1. Not being locked to any nation - let the instructors be universal (while not currently assisting a crew)

2. Remove Instructors (laziest idea)

3. Allow all old crewmen to become Instructors with specializations in their area of expertise

4. Convert it into a grind system - any crew can become an instructor by retiering them - depending on their level they become instructors giving different benefits.

5. Allow players to customize their instructors by picking skills - that lottery is not really appreciated...

Currently the most imbalanced thing I see

breeeze #327 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45540 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

I don't even know where to start with this, there are some decent ideas but theres so much wrong that this can't come to live anytime soon.

- Half the skills are broken or have broken/misleading description

- because of the 75 cap and the amount of required skills, I don't think this will improve choice much, repairs, coherence and adrenaline rush are required on basically all tanks, thats 30 points gone into different categories already, lights and some MT/TD require full camo, lights also need the spotting, even more points gone, FF also necessary for many. After that theres not much left to put into cool situational skills or talents. Just to get a crew to the level of a strong crew on live right now needs 100 or more skill points. Imo something like a 125 cap seems more reasonable.

- Instructors don't even come close to the benefit that 0 skill crews give. This is unacceptable. Theres also no reason to not let us choose their buff directly, instead hiding it behind some not rerollable RNG bs.

- 0 skill crew get bonus screwed in the conversion because the free skills don't count towards XP, my chief crew working on its 6th skill on live did not get me to level 75 on sandbox. What?

- Whatever you were thinking here, its insanely stupid. Why does training for an additional tank reset my skills, cost half a million credits and wastes a million crew XP? Its 20k per crew on live and loses about 20k XP, this is literally just a scheme to force people into spending gold.

Jumping_Turtle #328 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 80407 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postmjs_89, on 23 February 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yes, I'm incredibly dissapointet that my 4-skill Leopard 1 crew can now also crew my Leopard PTA (and another tank, because why not) and the 4 skill crew from the Leopard PTA can crew 3 additional tanks.

Oh boy am I getting screwed over.

upgrade.

It would be a lot better if we could merge both old crews and make one new commander out of it.

I have 6 tech tree German Meds. Pz IVH, VK3001D, Leopard PTA, E50, leopard 1 and E50M.

Two commanders would be enough to control them all, but now I am stuck with 4 extra commanders I will never use. If I could merge the 6 crews into two and make two new commanders out of it it would feel a lot more satisfying to be honest.

Or can I exchange those 4 commanders I trained a lot for, used gold on, used crewbooks on for new crewbooks so I can boost my only two needed commanders ?

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 23 February 2021 - 06:47 PM.

Fozzy50 #329 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57031 battles
  • [_DNA_] _DNA_

Vehicle Handling is the name given to what is currently called crew skill, this could be explained better and it is feedback we will be providing. But i can assure you that "+5% Vehicle Handling" is the same as "+5% Crew Skill" currently :) Hope that clears the confusion!

OK, This clears the confusion. Thank you.

Still, this is not currently called crew skill ; it is currently called Crew Major Qualification.

Maybe you should tell Actinid... :trollface:

wolframio #330 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54965 battles

11 years here, now that I am husban and father not an studiant any more I don t have time to study this convertion to crew 2.0. It is to complicate for me to know what will happen with my crew, my baraques and all those 100% crew with 0 skill that I keep for future line. most of them has 30 or 40% of their first skill not selected.

What are the problem with the actual crew system? it is not prefect but with the correct changes it can work. What I see here is a 360 change in oder sense, and that direction destroy a lot of efford that some player had put in their crews for years.

Xandania #331 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46075 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If this change would come, would there be like a month to merge crewmen into crews for everyone - no matter when they return?

Denton_0451 #332 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27964 battles
So what happens with the Team Clash commanders with the unique voiceover? I worked my back off for a plain simple instructor? I grinded to get Circon as a commander for his voiceover and his commander art not for him to become an instructor.

HeatResistantBFG #333 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:48 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1420 battles

View PostBlazeof, on 23 February 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

There's at least 8 skills on your original crew.  The conversion, as you say, should give you 49 points.  So if you round it up to 50 for a small crew book, thats a choice of 5 skills plus 6th sense.  So you've lost 2 skills.  Am I missing something here or is WG not doing this right?

Remember that 0 point perks will not count. So the Santa has at least 1 x 0 point perk and the snow maiden has another. So take that off from the calculation and try again :) It is possible that it has an error, but please check this first.

View PostStahanoW, on 23 February 2021 - 05:30 PM, said:

I can understand your viewpoint, but for the sake of diversity we are sacrificing predictability. The difference between the same tank can be huge now if the crew is different. This means - the difference between a veteran player (who is a pretty good player) with a good crew and a beginner "noob" player with a very beginner crew will be brutal. Eqipment 2.0 was a success after all, because it doesn't destroyed the game, added diversity, while kept the predictability. I can't say the same about this Crew 2.0 approach.

I also want to point out we are going to lose the extra 10-11% what the commander added to the rest of the crew when its reached 100%. This is a general nerf to all the tanks in the game, even premiums/reward/special tanks are affected. How does WG want to compensate that? With a fresh 0 leveled crew, this is not possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I can't find a single article or post connected with this finding.

Not to mention its a way more complex system than the previous crew system - which is not a problem, only for the beginners.

I'm going to play some games on the Sandbox server, just because of you! :):D I changed my mind to at least adding a chance how does this whole thing looks in action.

So in terms of the 10-11% lost, that you'll be glad to know is incorrect! :) So the way a crew works is still exactly the same, the loader still gains the boost from the commander, as does the gunner radio etc. The only change is what you interact with, so in the background and when in-game it will act exactly the same as it does. Nothing to compensate for :)

In terms of the skill gap of a very new vs a very old, you may have a case, but my counterpoint would be that as you hit later perks (4-5) the amount of XP required to get them is huge and means that newer players don't get that "pay off" for a long time, under this system the gap will be closed quicker as they can apply the points gradually rather than that sudden payoff (if you understand what I mean, tell me if you don't and I'll try and word it better).

View PostPossauttelija, on 23 February 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

Thank you for explaining. Oh well, that's a relief. But ain't this a bit of misogynistic? Chicks can't drive tanks? :confused:

I'm not 100% on the crew skins, but I would believe that if not at launch but shortly after you can have a female crew skin, you can certainly have a female crew voice. It's something I can put into the feedback! :)

Gorzki #334 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 50063 battles
  • [-T0-] -T0-

View PostDwigt, on 23 February 2021 - 05:13 PM, said:

Your effort is not wasted in any way. You will still be keeping the XP and your investment on your new crews. You will still have the advantage 

The conversion IS free :) unneeded crews in your barracks will be converted to crew books. 

Please watch the video, read the article and watch the live Q&A and you will find the answers.

honestly that's a lot of bull

If I have 5 russian heavy tier 10 crews and someone has 2 russian heavy t10 crews we both end up with 2 crews that can cover all 5 tier 10 russian heavies. 40% of my effort is rewarded the same way as 100% of the other person's effort. 
Remaining 60% of my effort into leveling crews is wasted on 3 commanders that I will not have any use for. Increased tactical diversity is not worth it.

Witch_King__Angmar #335 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6251 battles
  • [CMPLX] CMPLX

- Game developers did not ask us in every innovation.They won't ask after that.

- As far as I can see, preparations have already been made, they will put into the game.

- As a result, they continue with those who like this game, our efforts are garbage.

- As a result, we can't continue if we don't like it, so the game is garbage.

- MM, with RNG, the new crew 2.0 happiness WG

exori #336 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48174 battles
  • [CT] CT

crew with 4 full skills had 16 different skills active + lets say repairs training as 5th skill. if you are using BIA you get 13 skills + repairs 14 skills.

now if you convert this skill to new crew 2.0 you get 60 points which is 6 full skills, so you are losing more then half of your skills.

that's simply ridiculous. lol.

if this gets implemented into the game, ill delete it.

Edited by exori, 23 February 2021 - 07:16 PM.

TheFurst #337 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13813 battles
  • [HD16] HD16

Is there any chance to get a small summary about this? I mean, thanks for the update on the update, but i think its many letters and barely any clarity. Maybe its just me, but i do not comprehend what the company aims for with this.

I understand by the amount of words and clickable screenshots in the article that a lot is ought to happen, but thats it. No thought process or indication about the rationale behind it to filter. After work this is a bit too much for me and since the whole undertaking apparently doesnt seem to aim for realism, at least thats my raw perception for now, i feel its kinda threaten my game. Thats nothing i want after work and from any game.

Just a personal note at the end - If id approach my customers with a proposed sudden change of the composition of my service, especially to this degree, id fear to lose them rather sooner than later. That is why i would appreciate some clarity.

mpf1959 #338 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 43527 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

It's likely you will have to manually put the crew in and play a battle before the "Recall to tank" feature will work, with the crew now being viewed as a new crew.

That's what I am trying to do, when I make my way into the process:

I have tried to explain this with some screenshots.

shot_008.jpgshot_009.jpgshot_010.jpgshot_011.jpg

edit: so, to get my crew back to my paid for prem tank I have to cough silver for a worse crew, or gold for the same, am I confused or is this a scam?

Edited by mpf1959, 23 February 2021 - 06:59 PM.

Possauttelija #339 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18596 battles
  • [KNI] KNI

View PostTheFurst, on 23 February 2021 - 06:50 PM, said:

Maybe its just me, but...

You ain't the only one. I'm also still a bit confused.

Thejagdpanther #340 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 42578 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

crew with more than 5 skill get only a mobility bonus? that's pathetic

non turreted tanks have also not many bonus

Edited by Thejagdpanther, 23 February 2021 - 06:59 PM.

114 user(s) are reading this topic

24 members, 88 guests, 2 anonymous users

HowlinWulf, trololooooooo, Ares9021, DoomHerald, YourBestFriend_2016, Zbigniew_Jaremek, FoxAlpha205, Sir_Mutant_SK, Xaltu, HoLySouLs, mgns, Commander_Kakapo, _Syd_, tnxForBattleBro