• Please log in to reply
1679 replies to this topic

mjs_89 #41 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13819 battles
  • [CITTY] CITTY

View PostRichthoffen, on 23 February 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

this sandbox will only be useful if you can implement your current garage and crews, letting people built everything from scratch will only show they are able to built a new system.

balancing gold ammo - soon™

balancing overpowered tanks - soon™

removing corridors  - soon™

fixing the MM - soon™

I guess sandbox is only here to test if the mechanics work properly. I'd assume we get to tinker with our original crews once this hits common test.

View Postmethoz, on 23 February 2021 - 12:25 PM, said:

Say: NO to crew 2.0!

I say NO to this proposal. Crew 2.0 looks amazing.

11:29 Added after 1 minute
Also, the video in the article is broken for me. Still works if you search directly in youtube though.

pmakins #42 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 54352 battles
So for example, I have female crew with 3.5 skills on 110, 3.5 skill regular on wz tier 9 and wz tier 10 and I will get 3 separate crews instead of 1 crew for each tank xD 
Massive nerf for us who enjoyed lower tiers as much as higher tiers xD

dan_dix #43 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24719 battles

This looks quite nice to be honest, and reasonably balanced to preserve existing crew capabilities based on accumulated XP value

what is not said in the article is what is the XP required to accumulate 1 skill point - does it still use an exponential scale as with the current system?

Using the provided calculator we can have a guess

- 100% main qualification = 90k XP/member = 10 skill points

- 1 full skill crew = 305k XP/member = 18 skill points

- 2 full skill crew = 725k XP/member = 35 skill points

- 3 full skill crew = 1560k XP/member = 45 skill points

- 4 full skill crew = 3246k XP/member = 60 skill points

- 5 full skill crew = 6607k XP/member = 75 skill points

From then on the other "progression" system kicks in

Edited by dan_dix, 23 February 2021 - 12:38 PM.

mArtinko5MB #44 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27020 battles
  • [P4ID] P4ID
okay, i have 2 new light tanks i recuited brand new crews for them, spent gold, freexp, crew books and special commanders from events. Now what do i do with those 2 new crews if i wanna play all 3 tanks with my 5 skilll crew i already had back then ? Will you refund the 2 crew ? i feel i can;t play new tanks because it's useless to traing new crews for them 

undutchable80 #45 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 18317 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGeno1isme, on 23 February 2021 - 12:11 PM, said:

"Crew members who have enough experience to train at least one skill will remain in the Barracks. You can assign them to a vehicle of your choice and convert them into a new crew."

Can we please also get the option to convert them into crewbooks as well? With the ability to use one crew for up to three techtree tanks some players will have quite some crews with a low number of skills that become redundant. It's punishing people that went broad rather than deep with crews otherwise.

This +1

Shrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist #46 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11662 battles

People who have multiple crews for one class in the same tech tree will get seriously screwed over lol.

Left with many useless commanders.

Thankfully I'm not one of them.

Edited by Shrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, 23 February 2021 - 12:41 PM.

mpf1959 #47 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 43736 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
Server aint working right now.

O_o_Babbuino #48 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47866 battles
  • [T1MMY] T1MMY

View PostTheGamingLion, on 23 February 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

"Simplify".

Gets me every time

It is so simple, that someone will leave the game and sue WG.

xx984 #49 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 71288 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM
what happens to commanders with unique voice overs?
11:43 Added after 0 minute

View PostShrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, on 23 February 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

People who have multiple crews for one class in the same tech tree will get seriously screwed over lol.

I have about 5 well trained russian medium crews, and don't feel like im getting screwed over at all. I can just train them for different roles now. 

FleiszG #50 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38117 battles
  • [ACON] ACON

Hi!

Mqake a crew XP -POOL (for each nation / tank class).

And from there u can create a new crew or crews.

Of course if u have a "0" skill BIA crew is counts as a 1st skill.

Example: 4skill full Snowmaids crew is equal as 5 skill normal

or

if u have 113 with 3,5 skill crew + 5A with 4skill crew + 5 skill 110 crew --> all crew go to the pool

and u can make a level 75 crew for (5A +113 +110) and from the rest u can make a level 23 crew for ..... (CH/HT tank) 

O_o_Babbuino #51 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47866 battles
  • [T1MMY] T1MMY

View PostShrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, on 23 February 2021 - 12:40 PM, said:

Like me, with many nations, many crews full of special tankers and 0-perk tankers.

Compensation? :trollface: Caviar is expensive this time of year. :mellow:

Better get electric screw driver WG...cos you gonna screw so many, many times over, each, again and again.

But since it does not matter what community says, there are always WG's polls saying 70% of player base is in favor of changes. Therefore none of us have other option than to wait and see.

Smile and wave guys. Smile and wave.

Edited by O_o_Babbuino, 23 February 2021 - 12:53 PM.

Dwigt #52 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2338 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRichthoffen, on 23 February 2021 - 11:30 AM, said:

yes if you only have a standard crew.. now the problem with a full snowmaiden crew or Santa as commander and several other zero skill trained crew like the berlin crew or my 7 skill crews that will have a skill ceiling now capped at 75 skill points.. it looks over complicated and useless

Special crew members will be converted to Instructors giving you extra skill points and certifications. 

Afaik, 5 or 6 skill crews is equal to a level 75 Commander in the new system and the rest will be added to your Professional Expertise progression.

View PostAnonymizer, on 23 February 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

Just one question. What will happen with the Crew which is not recruited yet??? 

They will converted automatically to Instructors.

View PostTruntea, on 23 February 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

Well looking forward till the Eekeeboo and Germia stream today, where they explain it all and show stuff.

That's one way to learn about the changes :) But I would also recommend you to go on the server and try the changes 

View Postjack_timber, on 23 February 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

Looking forward to trying this, let's just hope it isn't as complex in the 'flesh' as it is in the explanation.

Should be easy to understand, the interface is much more user friendly now and simplified! Good luck and make sure you let us know what you think of those changes.

View Post_Old_Spice_, on 23 February 2021 - 11:39 AM, said:

Uff... the most interesting part of sandbox:)

Hope you'll like the changes then :)

View PostErwinRommel45, on 23 February 2021 - 11:44 AM, said:

How can anyone playing this game approve of this nonsense?
10:48 Added after 4 minute

Think it's going to be fun on sandbox, but I will quit playing the game for good after they introduce this into the game.

This is just too much.

How about you read the article, watch the video, ask some questions and maybe try the changes on the server first?

View PostElefantas, on 23 February 2021 - 12:09 PM, said:

new crews will have nations?

are we gonna be able to change nations to already nation assigned crews?

Crews will be bound to their nations but you'll be able to train them on different tanks within the same nation and type.

wolfsrain #53 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 82863 battles
  • [LASO] LASO

Don't worry. This change will be liked by 99.99% of players. The report is already in.

P.S. why the frag should i bother testing. During the HE test only a couple of fools used the intended ammo and tanks, while most of the russians were spamming "special" ammo (because is special, like them).

Edited by wolfsrain, 23 February 2021 - 12:51 PM.

mpf1959 #54 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 43736 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostShrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, on 23 February 2021 - 12:40 PM, said:

How?

Bordhaw #55 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17532 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 23 February 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

Server aint working right now.

Correct!

The_Ich #56 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31499 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

I am trying to give my feedback to each individual aspect of the new crew 2.0 system, because with so many features and changes at once, you have to be very precise with the feedback (and its evaluation) as well.

A Single Commander

I can see, that this simplification could work well in the long run and especially for newer players. Although I think it takes away fromt he uniqueness of the current crew system and a more streamlined crew-layout within the same tech-tree could have solved one of the current "problems" as well. Crew layouts (2 vs. 6) crew members become more balanced and the whole system is more streamlined and easier to understand. Therefor it could be a good decision in the long run, but many players will definitely miss individual crew members.

Reworked Skill System

Yeah, that is much needed to be honest. The current skills are old, outdated and quite bland - you just pick as many skills as you can and in most occasions the pick-order is also quite clear. Especially with 0-skill crews and all the bonuses, boosters and rewards that have been available over the last years, crews are slowly starting to get maxed out or at least reached a point, where the remaining skills are pretty much just "nice to have" but nothing to strive for and the current skills itself could be more interesting and impactful as well. 75 skill points in total might be a bit too low, especially if you can put up to 10 points into a skill. Sure, this skill might be stronger than before, but just having 7.5 skills in total does not seem to be a lot. Maybe the skill cap could be scaled to 100 and the talent point requirements to 35 (so you can still get only 2 talents), if it feels too limited.

Talents

With only 75 skill points you can specialize in 2 talents - so these should be quite meaningful. The balance seems a bit off at the moment, some talents do not seem to be that powerful compared to others. If you want a specific talent, you are really forced to put most of your skill points into a specific category. This seems like a logical approach, but it could just lead to amplifying the strong point of a vehicle even further (scouts are getting more viewrange/camo, fast tanks get even faster, damage dealers get even stronger and so on) - the problem with this is, that a vehicle, which is already very strong at a certain aspect, could become quite broken, if you boost that aspect even further (especially if something is percentage based). I really do not like it, that many talents are time-limited (short boosts); this might push the pace of battles even further (people rush out to take advantage of that bonus) and in my opinion, battles have already become way to short/fast.

Crew Training

No more main qualification (50 % / 75 % crew) is absolutely needed. This system always seemed like a big penalty for free-to-play and especially new players. Putting someone, who just started the game and progressed a bit to tier 3 or 4, at a huge disadvantage might have thrown off so many players from the game in the past, that it puzzles me, this was not removed a long time ago. I know this serves as a gold sink, but I think the damage to the gameplay experience it caused to new players, outweights this.

Crew reset for free (30 % xp loss), 500k credits (10 %) and 750 (!) gold (none). Come on... Really? You still insist of grabbing gold here and paying half a million credits is not enough to not get penalized? And now we have to pay even more, because we can only reset the "entire" crew at once... that's just pathetic. Maybe a fourth option for 1 million credits and no penalty could be added - which would be kinda ridiculous - but I have the feeling that WG lost their feeling how much a million credits can be for a free-to-play player. The huge discrepancy in credits caused by the premium account does not help here either. But there should be a way to not lose xp without paying money!

Two more vehicles per crew - I think everyone will love that feature. Unlock it immediately with gold or reach a certain progress level with your crew? Ok, fair enough - as long as there are no more additional slots locked behind real money only (did I just gave them an idea? ...). But seriously, this is really needed to increase tank diversity again, allow players to play different vehicles and tiers without the feeling of putting themself at a huge disadvantage or wasting time, because they are not leveling up their "main" crews. So that feature is a big plus in any case.

Instructors

They seem to be pretty weak. 1-2 extra skill points for something, that used to be an amazing award? All the female/special crews, people grinded hard for in ranked, cw, campaigns, marathons and so on (and also payed real money for) become just a "tier 3 instructor"? Which means, that they become completely redundant once you start introducing methods of acquiring (more) tier 2 and tier 1 instructors...

Conversion of Existing Crews

75 skill points do not seem like a lot and this limit is "already" reached with 5 full skills in the current system. Now you can only select a very limited amount of skills compared to before. Again, this seems to be a massive nerf for players, that spend a lot of time and effort into acquiring 0-skill crews, leveling/grinding them up, converted credits or even free xp into crew xp and so on. Unfortunately, you did not share enough details about the "Professional Expertise" (elite progression after reaching level 75), which gives "a small increase to their vehicle handling level". What exactly does that mean? Is the progression infinite? How does it scale? We need more details here and in the end it could compensate / balance out for the critic I wrote above.

EDIT: Some of these questions can be answered by playing around with the calculator. It seems there is enough room to progress further than just the 75 skill levels, in fact you need a 8.551 skill crew (9.551 for females) to get a fully maxed out 2.0 crew. Scaling seems reasonable, not op but still rewarding.

View PostHeatResistantBFG, on 23 February 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

View PostZDN, on 23 February 2021 - 10:11 AM, said:

Can you tell us if i have 5 good crews +5skills,lets say for the french tanks.Can i choose to convert some of the crews into exp for just 2 good crews for the french tech tree? 

Love the new crew at first sight!

If you go to near the bottom of the article there is a "converter" that will let you see what your current crews would become when converted :)

This does not really answer ZDNs question, but from what I read and saw in the video, it is only possible to convert crew members with up to 1 skill into "crew books". Why is that limited? All these changes are requiring a massive restructuring of our current crews and their distribution to certain tanks. Some crews will become redundant, if you can just use one crew in multiple vehicles now (for example russian mediums or heavies) - crews, which again, players have spend a lot of time, effort and resources into leveling them up to that stage. So, there should not be any limit and players should be able to freely chose whether they want to convert the crew into a new commander or into crew books.

Edited by The_Ich, 23 February 2021 - 03:46 PM.

SlyHuntsman #57 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24197 battles
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_
I hate it I hate it I hate it. WHAT THE EVERLIVING CRAP? These stupid "talents" are honestly the most insanely stupid decision I've ever seen made for this game. This isn't DOTA or League or any other game, these new "talents" DO NOT BELONG IN TANKS! Faster reload when using a repair kit? Improved vehicle handling if you deal/spot enough damage in a game? This rubbish will increase the rate of 15-0 games and make game LESS FUN for the majority of players. 

mpf1959 #58 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 43736 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostBordhaw, on 23 February 2021 - 12:50 PM, said:

Correct!

That makes a nice change! :teethhappy:

PetarK1995 #59 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36333 battles
Sooo.....how do i delete a WoT account ?

Shrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist #60 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11662 battles

View Postxx984, on 23 February 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

I have about 5 well trained russian medium crews, and don't feel like im getting screwed over at all. I can just train them for different roles now. 

Suit yourself but to me training few crews for different roles to put them in tanks of the same class from one tech tree is useless because the playstyle of the tanks from the same class is virtually always the same.

Edited by Shrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, 23 February 2021 - 12:53 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users